3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 901 to 920 of 1,732

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

901. Posted:

@Windy I don't think everything NEEDS to be 3D. Sure, it's a nice option, but not required, and besides, they need to get those games out there so they can work on new games, and making 3D Classics I'm assuming is harder than just putting it through a machine and having it ready for the eShop in a couple minutes.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Windy

902. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

@Windy I don't think everything NEEDS to be 3D. Sure, it's a nice option, but not required, and besides, they need to get those games out there so they can work on new games, and making 3D Classics I'm assuming is harder than just putting it through a machine and having it ready for the eShop in a couple minutes.

VC titles don't need to be all 3D at all. It's my oppinion that 5 VC titles a week should be coming out and that whoever is choosing which VC titles to bring out is doing a poor job of it. There are only a handful of games I would like to see converted into 3D classics off the top of my Head, The entire megaman series, Mario series, Castlevania series and Bonk 1,2 and 3. We bought a system that's main selling point was 3d. To say well not all games need to be in 3d? Sorry I didnt pay for a 2d system and was excited by getting these games in 3d. Besides they convert them to 3d and for those who don't like it there is a slider to turn off the 3d. It also hasn't been a couple minutes for the 3DS we are starting on year 3 now. The first 2 years have been pretty frustrating. I have chosen to play the 3DS as my main system. I love the thing, especially lately some great titles have been coming out, with great titles in the future. I would just love to see more VC and more 3D classics, Some online co-op would be nice also

Edited on by Windy

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

903. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

I'm thinking of getting Code of Princess, but would anyone here who's played it recommend it? It looks pretty good from what I've seen but is it worth 30 dollars?

I've yet to see anyone dislike it, myself included.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

904. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

I'm thinking of getting Code of Princess, but would anyone here who's played it recommend it? It looks pretty good from what I've seen but is it worth 30 dollars?

I like it, but $30 is a lot of money. You'll probably get tired of it after you beat the main game in five or six hours. You should rent it instead if possible.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

rayword45

905. Posted:

I thought now would be a good time to recommend both Kid Icarus: Uprising and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. Both are radically different games, and both are loaded with polish, great stories, and addictive gameplay.

And both are $15 right now.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338295

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

906. Posted:

A TPS

Whats a Clan without a Third Person Shooter :L

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

907. Posted:

What do people think of Harvest Moon: A New Beginning? Is it worth getting? Some of the HM games in recent years have been pretty awful, but I like what I've heard about some of the customization options in the game.

Also, in anticipation of Rune Factory 4, I have to ask: were the DS RF sequels any better than the first game. Because, honestly, I found the first game almost unbearably boring, for some reason.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

908. Posted:

I disliked the second rune factory and haven't played the third. They're essentially the same though so you would be bored with it too.

TheConsonant

Twitter: Divine_King_K

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

909. Posted:

I loved the concept (Essentially Harvest Moon meets a dungeon crawler), but the game mechanics were horribly clunky.

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

910. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I loved the concept (Essentially Harvest Moon meets a dungeon crawler), but the game mechanics were horribly clunky.

Yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from with saying it's clunky and 2 is pretty much the same.

TheConsonant

Twitter: Divine_King_K

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

911. Posted:

I never played the first Fune Factory, but I always hear it was clunky. Never played the second game either, but I hear it was worse in the combat perspective. the third was great and supposed to be the best overall.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

912. Posted:

@Ralizah: i pre-ordered HM:ANB from natsume. i played the hell out of it from october thru january. i loved it. the customisation is amazing and adds a lot to the game.

it is much better than HM:AToTT. having said that, it is a lot of work to get the farm and the town going, whilst courting etc. there are a couple amazing on-line trading sites, but a great number of people just want to trade for the more difficult items you need. they come on, say they are new and pleeeeeze someone help me, which people do. it sort of cheapened it for me.

by the end of january it had just become too much work as opposed to fun for me. one day i may re-buy the game to start new, but i am waiting more for rune factory 4. the first was not that bad, 2 was a bit 'meh' and 3 was fun.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

913. Posted:

does anybody know if need for speed the run or driver renegade are any good? i can get both for under 20 bucks. I was thinking of getting of them back before they came out but never got around to it

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, PL vs AA, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

914. Posted:

k8sMum wrote:

@Ralizah: i pre-ordered HM:ANB from natsume. i played the hell out of it from october thru january. i loved it. the customisation is amazing and adds a lot to the game.

it is much better than HM:AToTT. having said that, it is a lot of work to get the farm and the town going, whilst courting etc. there are a couple amazing on-line trading sites, but a great number of people just want to trade for the more difficult items you need. they come on, say they are new and pleeeeeze someone help me, which people do. it sort of cheapened it for me.

by the end of january it had just become too much work as opposed to fun for me. one day i may re-buy the game to start new, but i am waiting more for rune factory 4. the first was not that bad, 2 was a bit 'meh' and 3 was fun.

Good to hear. I'll probably pick this up, then. I love HM games when they're done right, and I stayed the heck away from AToTT when I saw some of the reviews for it.

CanisWolfred wrote:

I never played the first Fune Factory, but I always hear it was clunky. Never played the second game either, but I hear it was worse in the combat perspective. the third was great and supposed to be the best overall.

Let's hope the fourth iteration is closer to the third in play-style, then.

AuthorMessage

WaluigiBag

915. Posted:

I have thought of Ridge Racer 3D. It looks like a quality classic racer. Is it recommended? Also, is this game out of print? Where could I find it brand new (factory sealed)? Thanks! :D

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

916. Posted:

Ok, so here's what I'm looking at for the next few months. I don't want to buy too many since eh, money and that, so I'm considering getting 2 out of these:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Luigi's Mansion 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Code of Princess
Etrian Odyssey 4

I'm mostly looking for something with a decent online community, since I so rarely get to use my 3DS online. I mostly like RPG's, although I really don't like Fire Emblem so please tell me if you think it's the kind of game enjoyable even to a non-fan. If you want to suggest anything else as well, go ahead

oh btw I'm a PAL regioner, so none of these games besides Monster Hunter are actually out yet. I'm just planning, is all

Edited on by Jollykarp

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

eshopftw

917. Posted:

what 3ds game should i get for my birthday on april 13 in australia???

eshopftw

AuthorMessage

GoombaJMR

918. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

Ok, so here's what I'm looking at for the next few months. I don't want to buy too many since eh, money and that, so I'm considering getting 2 out of these:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Luigi's Mansion 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Code of Princess
Etrian Odyssey 4

I'm mostly looking for something with a decent online community, since I so rarely get to use my 3DS online. I mostly like RPG's, although I really don't like Fire Emblem so please tell me if you think it's the kind of game enjoyable even to a non-fan. If you want to suggest anything else as well, go ahead

oh btw I'm a PAL regioner, so none of these games besides Monster Hunter are actually out yet. I'm just planning, is all

Get Etrian Odyssey IV and Luigi's Mansion 2 If I were you (Excluding FE:A because you dont like it)

3DS Friend Code 0860-3671-7874 - Notify me somehow if you do add me!
Sign this Paper Mario TTYD 3DS Petition!
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/nintendo-and-intelligent-systems-remake-of-paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-on-the-3ds?

Twitter: GoombaJMR

AuthorMessage

GoombaJMR

919. Posted:

I also have some questions hmmm.....Should I get Tales of the Abyss, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or Kid Icarus Uprising? I haven't played a KI game before, but have played a couple of the Tales of and Pkmn games...

3DS Friend Code 0860-3671-7874 - Notify me somehow if you do add me!
Sign this Paper Mario TTYD 3DS Petition!
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/nintendo-and-intelligent-systems-remake-of-paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-on-the-3ds?

Twitter: GoombaJMR

AuthorMessage

rayword45

920. Posted:

I would say Kid Icarus: Uprising is the best, and if you're into achievements/multiplayer it'll last you over 100 hours. If not expect 9-12. My personal choice for the best 3DS game, but I have not played LM:DM, VLR or FE:A

Tales of the Abyss is a great RPG, but it's not the best port I've seen and the 3D effect is horrendous.

Can't speak for PMD

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.