3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 901 to 920 of 2,101

AuthorMessage
rayword45

rayword45

901. Posted:

I thought now would be a good time to recommend both Kid Icarus: Uprising and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. Both are radically different games, and both are loaded with polish, great stories, and addictive gameplay.

And both are $15 right now.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338295

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
HaastMK7

HaastMK7

902. Posted:

A TPS

Whats a Clan without a Third Person Shooter :L

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage
Ralizah

Ralizah

903. Posted:

What do people think of Harvest Moon: A New Beginning? Is it worth getting? Some of the HM games in recent years have been pretty awful, but I like what I've heard about some of the customization options in the game.

Also, in anticipation of Rune Factory 4, I have to ask: were the DS RF sequels any better than the first game. Because, honestly, I found the first game almost unbearably boring, for some reason.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
TheConsonant

TheConsonant

904. Posted:

I disliked the second rune factory and haven't played the third. They're essentially the same though so you would be bored with it too.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Ralizah

Ralizah

905. Posted:

I loved the concept (Essentially Harvest Moon meets a dungeon crawler), but the game mechanics were horribly clunky.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
TheConsonant

TheConsonant

906. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I loved the concept (Essentially Harvest Moon meets a dungeon crawler), but the game mechanics were horribly clunky.

Yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from with saying it's clunky and 2 is pretty much the same.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

907. Posted:

I never played the first Fune Factory, but I always hear it was clunky. Never played the second game either, but I hear it was worse in the combat perspective. the third was great and supposed to be the best overall.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~
Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
k8sMum

k8sMum

908. Posted:

@Ralizah: i pre-ordered HM:ANB from natsume. i played the hell out of it from october thru january. i loved it. the customisation is amazing and adds a lot to the game.

it is much better than HM:AToTT. having said that, it is a lot of work to get the farm and the town going, whilst courting etc. there are a couple amazing on-line trading sites, but a great number of people just want to trade for the more difficult items you need. they come on, say they are new and pleeeeeze someone help me, which people do. it sort of cheapened it for me.

by the end of january it had just become too much work as opposed to fun for me. one day i may re-buy the game to start new, but i am waiting more for rune factory 4. the first was not that bad, 2 was a bit 'meh' and 3 was fun.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage
Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82

909. Posted:

does anybody know if need for speed the run or driver renegade are any good? i can get both for under 20 bucks. I was thinking of getting of them back before they came out but never got around to it

Want: Yoshi's Woolly World, Lego Jurassic World, Pokemon SMD, SMTxFE, Hatsune Miku:Project Mirai DX, Rodea the Sky Soldier, PXZ2, Zelda, Star Fox, Devil`s Third, Mighty No. 9
Now Playing: Pokemon AS and The Lost Valley
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage
Ralizah

Ralizah

910. Posted:

k8sMum wrote:

@Ralizah: i pre-ordered HM:ANB from natsume. i played the hell out of it from october thru january. i loved it. the customisation is amazing and adds a lot to the game.

it is much better than HM:AToTT. having said that, it is a lot of work to get the farm and the town going, whilst courting etc. there are a couple amazing on-line trading sites, but a great number of people just want to trade for the more difficult items you need. they come on, say they are new and pleeeeeze someone help me, which people do. it sort of cheapened it for me.

by the end of january it had just become too much work as opposed to fun for me. one day i may re-buy the game to start new, but i am waiting more for rune factory 4. the first was not that bad, 2 was a bit 'meh' and 3 was fun.

Good to hear. I'll probably pick this up, then. I love HM games when they're done right, and I stayed the heck away from AToTT when I saw some of the reviews for it.

CanisWolfred wrote:

I never played the first Fune Factory, but I always hear it was clunky. Never played the second game either, but I hear it was worse in the combat perspective. the third was great and supposed to be the best overall.

Let's hope the fourth iteration is closer to the third in play-style, then.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
WaluigiBag

WaluigiBag

911. Posted:

I have thought of Ridge Racer 3D. It looks like a quality classic racer. Is it recommended? Also, is this game out of print? Where could I find it brand new (factory sealed)? Thanks! :D

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

AuthorMessage
Magikarp3

Magikarp3

912. Posted:

Ok, so here's what I'm looking at for the next few months. I don't want to buy too many since eh, money and that, so I'm considering getting 2 out of these:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Luigi's Mansion 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Code of Princess
Etrian Odyssey 4

I'm mostly looking for something with a decent online community, since I so rarely get to use my 3DS online. I mostly like RPG's, although I really don't like Fire Emblem so please tell me if you think it's the kind of game enjoyable even to a non-fan. If you want to suggest anything else as well, go ahead

oh btw I'm a PAL regioner, so none of these games besides Monster Hunter are actually out yet. I'm just planning, is all

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage
eshopftw

eshopftw

913. Posted:

what 3ds game should i get for my birthday on april 13 in australia???

eshopftw

AuthorMessage
GoombaJMR

GoombaJMR

914. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

Ok, so here's what I'm looking at for the next few months. I don't want to buy too many since eh, money and that, so I'm considering getting 2 out of these:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Luigi's Mansion 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Code of Princess
Etrian Odyssey 4

I'm mostly looking for something with a decent online community, since I so rarely get to use my 3DS online. I mostly like RPG's, although I really don't like Fire Emblem so please tell me if you think it's the kind of game enjoyable even to a non-fan. If you want to suggest anything else as well, go ahead

oh btw I'm a PAL regioner, so none of these games besides Monster Hunter are actually out yet. I'm just planning, is all

Get Etrian Odyssey IV and Luigi's Mansion 2 If I were you (Excluding FE:A because you dont like it)

3DS Friend Code 0860-3671-7874 - Notify me somehow if you do add me!
Sign this Paper Mario TTYD 3DS Petition!
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/nintendo-and-intelligent-systems-remake-of-paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-on-the-3ds?

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
GoombaJMR

GoombaJMR

915. Posted:

I also have some questions hmmm.....Should I get Tales of the Abyss, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or Kid Icarus Uprising? I haven't played a KI game before, but have played a couple of the Tales of and Pkmn games...

3DS Friend Code 0860-3671-7874 - Notify me somehow if you do add me!
Sign this Paper Mario TTYD 3DS Petition!
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/nintendo-and-intelligent-systems-remake-of-paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-on-the-3ds?

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
rayword45

rayword45

916. Posted:

I would say Kid Icarus: Uprising is the best, and if you're into achievements/multiplayer it'll last you over 100 hours. If not expect 9-12. My personal choice for the best 3DS game, but I have not played LM:DM, VLR or FE:A

Tales of the Abyss is a great RPG, but it's not the best port I've seen and the 3D effect is horrendous.

Can't speak for PMD

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

917. Posted:

GoombaJMR wrote:

I also have some questions hmmm.....Should I get Tales of the Abyss, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or Kid Icarus Uprising? I haven't played a KI game before, but have played a couple of the Tales of and Pkmn games...

If you like Tales games, you'll love Tales of the Abyss. It has the best story in the series and heavily refined gameplay. I also quite liked the characters, though when was there a Tales game that didn't have good characters? :P

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~
Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
dissembled

dissembled

918. Posted:

What do you think is the best Mario game that's playable on the 3ds (including DS titles)?

I believe in science and that science can explain everything,
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way.
.anonymous

Nintendo Network ID: Absence-Of-Faith

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

919. Posted:

^Bowser's Inside Story, unless you just mean platformers...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~
Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Hunter-D

Hunter-D

920. Posted:

dissembled wrote:

What do you think is the best Mario game that's playable on the 3ds (including DS titles)?

BIS is a good recommendation, but excluding DS games, I'd easily recommend Super Mario 3D Land. The most fun I've had playing a mario game since the Galaxy titles. It's also in my top 5 3DS games behind Uprising & MGS.

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

Nintendo Network ID: Dem0.U | Twitter: