Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 2,530

rayword45

LordJumpMad wrote:

Looking for a good mature game for the 3DS, I was wondering how MetalGearSoild 3 for the 3DS was.

The framerate is pretty bad based solely off of the demo (This is coming from someone who couldn't give less of a crap between 30 and 60FPS). And reviews say the controls are weird with one stick.

Still planning to get it if I find it cheap again (was at Target for $9, but had no adult with me at the time)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Windy

I would just like to see Most of the Classic Titles be converted to 3D classics. Mario, Castlevania and Megaman 3d Classics. Oh man good stuff! So far the Eshop has been pretty good. Good games coming fast and furious almost too fast! (i'm going broke) Haha. Another recommendation is that 5 VC games should be released a week. There is no reason to hold back VC titles. Stop dangling the carrot already and just please people. Besides all it will do is make money. Whoever is choosing which VC titles to be released "YOUR FIRED!" your doing a poor job. It just blows my mind that a classic Mario game hasn't been converted to a 3d Classic. I would also love to see a Revival of Bonk in the 3d Classics it would be a beautiful thing

Edited on by Windy

wish list: Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Quest X (3DS or Wii-U) Project Racing
Playing Now:
John Madden 3ds
Train Driving Sim Kyoto
Lionel build your train set
Gotcha Racing
SmileBasic
A-Train Cirty Sim
Flick Golf
Badge Arcade
FC: 0877-0511-8391

New_3DaSh_XL

@Windy I don't think everything NEEDS to be 3D. Sure, it's a nice option, but not required, and besides, they need to get those games out there so they can work on new games, and making 3D Classics I'm assuming is harder than just putting it through a machine and having it ready for the eShop in a couple minutes.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Windy

3Dash wrote:

@Windy I don't think everything NEEDS to be 3D. Sure, it's a nice option, but not required, and besides, they need to get those games out there so they can work on new games, and making 3D Classics I'm assuming is harder than just putting it through a machine and having it ready for the eShop in a couple minutes.

VC titles don't need to be all 3D at all. It's my oppinion that 5 VC titles a week should be coming out and that whoever is choosing which VC titles to bring out is doing a poor job of it. There are only a handful of games I would like to see converted into 3D classics off the top of my Head, The entire megaman series, Mario series, Castlevania series and Bonk 1,2 and 3. We bought a system that's main selling point was 3d. To say well not all games need to be in 3d? Sorry I didnt pay for a 2d system and was excited by getting these games in 3d. Besides they convert them to 3d and for those who don't like it there is a slider to turn off the 3d. It also hasn't been a couple minutes for the 3DS we are starting on year 3 now. The first 2 years have been pretty frustrating. I have chosen to play the 3DS as my main system. I love the thing, especially lately some great titles have been coming out, with great titles in the future. I would just love to see more VC and more 3D classics, Some online co-op would be nice also

Edited on by Windy

wish list: Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Quest X (3DS or Wii-U) Project Racing
Playing Now:
John Madden 3ds
Train Driving Sim Kyoto
Lionel build your train set
Gotcha Racing
SmileBasic
A-Train Cirty Sim
Flick Golf
Badge Arcade
FC: 0877-0511-8391

CanisWolfred

CapnPancakes wrote:

I'm thinking of getting Code of Princess, but would anyone here who's played it recommend it? It looks pretty good from what I've seen but is it worth 30 dollars?

I've yet to see anyone dislike it, myself included.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Gamesake

CapnPancakes wrote:

I'm thinking of getting Code of Princess, but would anyone here who's played it recommend it? It looks pretty good from what I've seen but is it worth 30 dollars?

I like it, but $30 is a lot of money. You'll probably get tired of it after you beat the main game in five or six hours. You should rent it instead if possible.

...in my pants.

rayword45

I thought now would be a good time to recommend both Kid Icarus: Uprising and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. Both are radically different games, and both are loaded with polish, great stories, and addictive gameplay.

And both are $15 right now.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338295

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

HaastMK7

A TPS

Whats a Clan without a Third Person Shooter :L

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

Ralizah

What do people think of Harvest Moon: A New Beginning? Is it worth getting? Some of the HM games in recent years have been pretty awful, but I like what I've heard about some of the customization options in the game.

Also, in anticipation of Rune Factory 4, I have to ask: were the DS RF sequels any better than the first game. Because, honestly, I found the first game almost unbearably boring, for some reason.

Switch friend code: SW-2726-5961-1794

Nintendo Network ID: Michael418

TheConsonant

I disliked the second rune factory and haven't played the third. They're essentially the same though so you would be bored with it too.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Ralizah

I loved the concept (Essentially Harvest Moon meets a dungeon crawler), but the game mechanics were horribly clunky.

TheConsonant

Ralizah wrote:

I loved the concept (Essentially Harvest Moon meets a dungeon crawler), but the game mechanics were horribly clunky.

Yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from with saying it's clunky and 2 is pretty much the same.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

I never played the first Fune Factory, but I always hear it was clunky. Never played the second game either, but I hear it was worse in the combat perspective. the third was great and supposed to be the best overall.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

k8sMum

@Ralizah: i pre-ordered HM:ANB from natsume. i played the hell out of it from october thru january. i loved it. the customisation is amazing and adds a lot to the game.

it is much better than HM:AToTT. having said that, it is a lot of work to get the farm and the town going, whilst courting etc. there are a couple amazing on-line trading sites, but a great number of people just want to trade for the more difficult items you need. they come on, say they are new and pleeeeeze someone help me, which people do. it sort of cheapened it for me.

by the end of january it had just become too much work as opposed to fun for me. one day i may re-buy the game to start new, but i am waiting more for rune factory 4. the first was not that bad, 2 was a bit 'meh' and 3 was fun.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

Pokefanmum82

does anybody know if need for speed the run or driver renegade are any good? i can get both for under 20 bucks. I was thinking of getting of them back before they came out but never got around to it

Want: Ever Oasis, SoS Trio of Towns, Dragon Quest 8, Pikmin 3DS, Mario Sports Superstars, and Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World.
Playing Skytree Village, Moon, Sun and Alpha Sapphire right now.
Loving the Alola region and can't wait to explore it all.

Ralizah

k8sMum wrote:

@Ralizah: i pre-ordered HM:ANB from natsume. i played the hell out of it from october thru january. i loved it. the customisation is amazing and adds a lot to the game.

it is much better than HM:AToTT. having said that, it is a lot of work to get the farm and the town going, whilst courting etc. there are a couple amazing on-line trading sites, but a great number of people just want to trade for the more difficult items you need. they come on, say they are new and pleeeeeze someone help me, which people do. it sort of cheapened it for me.

by the end of january it had just become too much work as opposed to fun for me. one day i may re-buy the game to start new, but i am waiting more for rune factory 4. the first was not that bad, 2 was a bit 'meh' and 3 was fun.

Good to hear. I'll probably pick this up, then. I love HM games when they're done right, and I stayed the heck away from AToTT when I saw some of the reviews for it.

CanisWolfred wrote:

I never played the first Fune Factory, but I always hear it was clunky. Never played the second game either, but I hear it was worse in the combat perspective. the third was great and supposed to be the best overall.

Let's hope the fourth iteration is closer to the third in play-style, then.

WaluigiBag

I have thought of Ridge Racer 3D. It looks like a quality classic racer. Is it recommended? Also, is this game out of print? Where could I find it brand new (factory sealed)? Thanks!

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

Magikarp3

Ok, so here's what I'm looking at for the next few months. I don't want to buy too many since eh, money and that, so I'm considering getting 2 out of these:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Luigi's Mansion 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Code of Princess
Etrian Odyssey 4

I'm mostly looking for something with a decent online community, since I so rarely get to use my 3DS online. I mostly like RPG's, although I really don't like Fire Emblem so please tell me if you think it's the kind of game enjoyable even to a non-fan. If you want to suggest anything else as well, go ahead

oh btw I'm a PAL regioner, so none of these games besides Monster Hunter are actually out yet. I'm just planning, is all

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic