3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 861 to 880 of 1,805

AuthorMessage

Konata

861. Posted:

(I sorta asked this question on the 3ds eShop but its sorta different)

I got some eShop money and I think I want a retail download... but I don't know If I should get

Professor Layton OR Harvest Moon

I have played professor Layton games before, but not harvest moon. So I'm not sure which would be the best.

And if you think I should get a different retail download game I would love to hear your suggestions!
(I have MK7, RT:ET, SS:T and PM:SS oh and I also have OoT 3D.)

Edited on by Konata

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

rayword45

862. Posted:

Absolute must-have 3DS titles that I don't see in the acronyms are Kid Icarus: Uprising and Resident Evil: Revelations. Even as a gamer who's not the biggest fan of shooters (though I do enjoy them, just don't dry hump COD constantly), those are among my top 5 3DS titles. Also Super Mario 3D Land or if you want to delve into alternative choices, Crush3D and Nano Assault though I'd wait for the eShop version.

Anyways, off that, I can't speak for Harvest Moon, but if you want Layton, you may want to start with Last Specter before moving on to Miracle Mask, as it's part of a trilogy. I did not, and I was a bit lost at the end though the story was still awesome otherwise.

EDIT: Crap you said downloads. In that case, Super Mario 3D Land is my favorite, but still Layton is a good choice.

But then get the games I listed in physical form.

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

863. Posted:

Forgot there's a new HM out too...but was afraid it would be like Animal Crossing, not that its bad...I just get bored with them quickly... :c
Guess I'll just stick with getting Layton tomorrow for now, try Harvest Moon some other time.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Rod64

864. Posted:

Guys, has anyone played Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D? Much was talked about it before release, but I've heard nothing now that the game is out.

Rod64

AuthorMessage

Gretski

865. Posted:

I know it hasn't been reviewed on here yet, but Adventure Time "Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!!" is really awesome and good solid retro platformer. I'm a huge fan of the show and and there are plenty of cameos in this game.

Currently playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star and Adventure Time HIKWYSOG
My username is a nickname derived from my actual name, Greta

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2301-9391

AuthorMessage

Konata

866. Posted:

@Gretski I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but your Keroro avatar pleases me greatly x3

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

rayword45

867. Posted:

Rod64 wrote:

Guys, has anyone played Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D? Much was talked about it before release, but I've heard nothing now that the game is out.

General consensus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8dm8cSLViA

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Rod64

868. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Rod64 wrote:

General consensus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8dm8cSLViA

But why? I haven't heard any informed opinion...

Rod64

AuthorMessage

rayword45

869. Posted:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/rollercoaster-tycoon-3d

I haven't played it, but as I said, the general idea is that it's a shoddy, limited port.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

baba_944

870. Posted:

Mario Kart 7 OR Mario Tennis Open?

Who are you?

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

871. Posted:

I haven't played Mario Tennis Open so I can't say anything about it, but I have Mario Kart 7 and it's pretty good! (however, in my opinion, there are better games than both of these two in the 3ds library...)

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage

Birdman

872. Posted:

@baba_944 - Definitely MK7. Not that MTO is a bad game or anything like that; MK7 just outclasses it in every conceivable way.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

873. Posted:

I have a question

I really haven't played any FPS games and I want to know if Resident Evil Revilations is a good place for me to start?
2nd Question
Should I buy it for 3DS or wait for the Wii U version

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

874. Posted:

I haven't played a lot of FPS games either and Resident Evil Revelations was my first Resident Evil game- I loved it and consider it one of the best 3DS games! As for the version(3DS or Wii U), it's up to you- I prefer portable gaming myself so I would buy the 3DS version if given the choice...

AuthorMessage

rayword45

875. Posted:

Resident Evil Revelations is a survival horror, not an FPS. You can aim in first-person (and move really slowly depending on control scheme) but that's it. Still a brilliant game, especially at the cheap prices it goes for nowadays. Might as well bite now for 3DS. If the Wii U version drops in price, then double-dip.

A good starter FPS? With a Wii, try Goldeneye 007. You can use the Wiimote or classic/GameCube controller, depending on whether you want a unique or console experience, and it has some pretty decent online.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

baba_944

876. Posted:

Because my dad said choose wisely.

Who are you?

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

877. Posted:

baba_944 wrote:

I haven't played Tennis but Mario Kart was a letdown. It's a good game just not as good as other MK, I got all trophies with at least one star in less than 11h and haven't played it ever since.

On the other hand Mario Tennis looks very similar to the boring GC/Wiiand N64 versions. I wish it was like GBA's or GB's.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

878. Posted:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

I haven't played Tennis but Mario Kart was a letdown. It's a good game just not as good as other MK, I got all trophies with at least one star in less than 11h and haven't played it ever since.

THe thing with Mario Kart is to get the most out of it you have to play it on multiplayer whether it is online or with other people in the room. If you just play the single player mode you are missing out on what makes this game shine, and you will be disappointed by it guarantee.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

879. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

THe thing with Mario Kart is to get the most out of it you have to play it on multiplayer whether it is online or with other people in the room. If you just play the single player mode you are missing out on what makes this game shine, and you will be disappointed by it guarantee.

I agree with you, for the most part. It's usually true that gaming with others(especially friends) makes the experience better- even better if you are sitting next to each other. However, I still think that Mario Kart 7 could have used a little more content in the single player, like the challenges in Mario Kart DS.

AuthorMessage

ZeD

880. Posted:

Just a a 3DS (again) with Layton with one choice of another game - so question is

Mario Bros 2 OR Paper Mario (I loved 10,000 Year door and enjoyed Paper Mario Wii)

PSN: zedmayer
90 BABY!! Next stop 100!
Latest Platinum : Lego Marvel (VITA)
Working On: Lego The Hobbit (Still!) / Saint's Row the Third

Twitter: DesmondMayer