3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 861 to 880 of 1,888

AuthorMessage

Gretski

861. Posted:

I know it hasn't been reviewed on here yet, but Adventure Time "Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!!" is really awesome and good solid retro platformer. I'm a huge fan of the show and and there are plenty of cameos in this game.

Currently playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star and Adventure Time HIKWYSOG
My username is a nickname derived from my actual name, Greta

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2301-9391

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

862. Posted:

@Gretski I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but your Keroro avatar pleases me greatly x3

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

rayword45

863. Posted:

Rod64 wrote:

Guys, has anyone played Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D? Much was talked about it before release, but I've heard nothing now that the game is out.

General consensus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8dm8cSLViA

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Rod64

864. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Rod64 wrote:

Guys, has anyone played Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D? Much was talked about it before release, but I've heard nothing now that the game is out.

General consensus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8dm8cSLViA

But why? I haven't heard any informed opinion...

Rod64

AuthorMessage

rayword45

865. Posted:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/rollercoaster-tycoon-3d

I haven't played it, but as I said, the general idea is that it's a shoddy, limited port.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

baba_944

866. Posted:

Mario Kart 7 OR Mario Tennis Open?

Who are you?

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

867. Posted:

I haven't played Mario Tennis Open so I can't say anything about it, but I have Mario Kart 7 and it's pretty good! (however, in my opinion, there are better games than both of these two in the 3ds library...)

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage

Birdman

868. Posted:

@baba_944 - Definitely MK7. Not that MTO is a bad game or anything like that; MK7 just outclasses it in every conceivable way.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

869. Posted:

I have a question

I really haven't played any FPS games and I want to know if Resident Evil Revilations is a good place for me to start?
2nd Question
Should I buy it for 3DS or wait for the Wii U version

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

870. Posted:

I haven't played a lot of FPS games either and Resident Evil Revelations was my first Resident Evil game- I loved it and consider it one of the best 3DS games! As for the version(3DS or Wii U), it's up to you- I prefer portable gaming myself so I would buy the 3DS version if given the choice...

AuthorMessage

rayword45

871. Posted:

Resident Evil Revelations is a survival horror, not an FPS. You can aim in first-person (and move really slowly depending on control scheme) but that's it. Still a brilliant game, especially at the cheap prices it goes for nowadays. Might as well bite now for 3DS. If the Wii U version drops in price, then double-dip.

A good starter FPS? With a Wii, try Goldeneye 007. You can use the Wiimote or classic/GameCube controller, depending on whether you want a unique or console experience, and it has some pretty decent online.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

baba_944

872. Posted:

Because my dad said choose wisely.

Who are you?

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

873. Posted:

baba_944 wrote:

I haven't played Tennis but Mario Kart was a letdown. It's a good game just not as good as other MK, I got all trophies with at least one star in less than 11h and haven't played it ever since.

On the other hand Mario Tennis looks very similar to the boring GC/Wiiand N64 versions. I wish it was like GBA's or GB's.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

874. Posted:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

I haven't played Tennis but Mario Kart was a letdown. It's a good game just not as good as other MK, I got all trophies with at least one star in less than 11h and haven't played it ever since.

THe thing with Mario Kart is to get the most out of it you have to play it on multiplayer whether it is online or with other people in the room. If you just play the single player mode you are missing out on what makes this game shine, and you will be disappointed by it guarantee.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

875. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

baba_944 wrote:

THe thing with Mario Kart is to get the most out of it you have to play it on multiplayer whether it is online or with other people in the room. If you just play the single player mode you are missing out on what makes this game shine, and you will be disappointed by it guarantee.

I agree with you, for the most part. It's usually true that gaming with others(especially friends) makes the experience better- even better if you are sitting next to each other. However, I still think that Mario Kart 7 could have used a little more content in the single player, like the challenges in Mario Kart DS.

AuthorMessage

ZeD

876. Posted:

Just a a 3DS (again) with Layton with one choice of another game - so question is

Mario Bros 2 OR Paper Mario (I loved 10,000 Year door and enjoyed Paper Mario Wii)

PSN: zedmayer
90 BABY!! Next stop 100!
Latest Platinum : Lego Marvel (VITA)
Working On: Lego The Hobbit (Still!) / Saint's Row the Third

Twitter: DesmondMayer

AuthorMessage

Pikpikp

877. Posted:

Easily Sticker Star.

Dazzling, dizzying, doldrums defying!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

ZeD

878. Posted:

AmazingPopo_Man wrote:

Easily Sticker Star.

I was bending towards that choice - Thanks :D

PSN: zedmayer
90 BABY!! Next stop 100!
Latest Platinum : Lego Marvel (VITA)
Working On: Lego The Hobbit (Still!) / Saint's Row the Third

Twitter: DesmondMayer

AuthorMessage

RR529

879. Posted:

ZeD wrote:

Just a a 3DS (again) with Layton with one choice of another game - so question is

Mario Bros 2 OR Paper Mario (I loved 10,000 Year door and enjoyed Paper Mario Wii)

Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Don't listen to the naysayers, it is a great game, & I enjoyed it more than SPM (the Wii one). I actually think it's the best Mario game I've played on 3DS so far.

Although each sticker has a 1 time use, there's always enough throughout the environment that you'll never run out, and overall I'm glad they tried something new. Despite what some might say, battling is useful, because the more you battle, the more coins you'll get at the end of the area (which in turn you can use to buy more stickers). Also, you can get bonus coins for achieving a perfect victory (defeating all your opponents in your first turn).

It's story is less involved than previous entries, but there is still plenty of that classic PM wit, with humorous happenings going on area by area. The paper theme is on a whole new level as well, with everything being noticeably made out of some sort of papercraft (construction paper, cardboard, paper, ect).

I'm a huge fan of the original Paper Mario (N64), as it was my first RPG, and I'm glad to have played Sticker Star.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

880. Posted:

Paper Mario is actually different from previous games so that one. It's also a really good game despite the moronic decision to minimize story.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!