Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 2,543

GuardianKing

I know it might sound stupid, but should I get NSMB2 or Dishonored? I can't play the latter until really far down the line (no idea if my computer can even support it) and I probably wouldn't have gotten it if Steam didn't have their huge sale.

On the other hand, buying NSMB2 digital means that I can carry it anywhere, and I can play whenever I want. It's more of a pick-p-and-play type of game. Plus, it doesn't tear my 3DS apart.

Well, which one's the best option? I've got a long flight, and I want something to play.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I can't being my laptop (hence why I'm on the fence, cause the sale ends pretty soon, and I'm leaving soon.)

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Bones00

@Chrysalis Did you try canurunit.com to see if you can run Dishonored on your PC? Definitely get NSMB2. There's lots of gameplay in that game. I own it and recommend it. I also have rented Dishonored and loved it. I hope to be able to buy it myself soon for PS3.

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964. 
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter:

Gamesake

@Chrysalis Don't bother buying anything on Steam until you can play it. Chances are it will be much cheaper by the time you have a better PC.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

CanisWolfred

Gamesake wrote:

@Chrysalis Don't bother buying anything on Steam until you can play it. Chances are it will be much cheaper by the time you have a better PC.

Agreed. My PC sucks right now, so I'm not buying anything more besides indie games until I get a better one. IIRC, Dishonored was only 33% off? It'll be way cheaper before you know it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Arianabtd

(I sorta asked this question on the 3ds eShop but its sorta different)

I got some eShop money and I think I want a retail download... but I don't know If I should get

Professor Layton OR Harvest Moon

I have played professor Layton games before, but not harvest moon. So I'm not sure which would be the best.

And if you think I should get a different retail download game I would love to hear your suggestions!
(I have MK7, RT:ET, SS:T and PM:SS oh and I also have OoT 3D.)

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

rayword45

Absolute must-have 3DS titles that I don't see in the acronyms are Kid Icarus: Uprising and Resident Evil: Revelations. Even as a gamer who's not the biggest fan of shooters (though I do enjoy them, just don't dry hump COD constantly), those are among my top 5 3DS titles. Also Super Mario 3D Land or if you want to delve into alternative choices, Crush3D and Nano Assault though I'd wait for the eShop version.

Anyways, off that, I can't speak for Harvest Moon, but if you want Layton, you may want to start with Last Specter before moving on to Miracle Mask, as it's part of a trilogy. I did not, and I was a bit lost at the end though the story was still awesome otherwise.

EDIT: Crap you said downloads. In that case, Super Mario 3D Land is my favorite, but still Layton is a good choice.

But then get the games I listed in physical form.

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

RodSD64

Guys, has anyone played Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D? Much was talked about it before release, but I've heard nothing now that the game is out.

RodSD64

Gretski

I know it hasn't been reviewed on here yet, but Adventure Time "Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!!" is really awesome and good solid retro platformer. I'm a huge fan of the show and and there are plenty of cameos in this game.

Currently playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star and Adventure Time HIKWYSOG
My username is a nickname derived from my actual name, Greta

baba_944

Mario Kart 7 OR Mario Tennis Open?

Who are you?

ilovegaming

I haven't played Mario Tennis Open so I can't say anything about it, but I have Mario Kart 7 and it's pretty good! (however, in my opinion, there are better games than both of these two in the 3ds library...)

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

Birdman

@baba_944 - Definitely MK7. Not that MTO is a bad game or anything like that; MK7 just outclasses it in every conceivable way.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

CrimsonFire

I have a question

I really haven't played any FPS games and I want to know if Resident Evil Revilations is a good place for me to start?
2nd Question
Should I buy it for 3DS or wait for the Wii U version

ilovegaming

I haven't played a lot of FPS games either and Resident Evil Revelations was my first Resident Evil game- I loved it and consider it one of the best 3DS games! As for the version(3DS or Wii U), it's up to you- I prefer portable gaming myself so I would buy the 3DS version if given the choice...

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

rayword45

Resident Evil Revelations is a survival horror, not an FPS. You can aim in first-person (and move really slowly depending on control scheme) but that's it. Still a brilliant game, especially at the cheap prices it goes for nowadays. Might as well bite now for 3DS. If the Wii U version drops in price, then double-dip.

A good starter FPS? With a Wii, try Goldeneye 007. You can use the Wiimote or classic/GameCube controller, depending on whether you want a unique or console experience, and it has some pretty decent online.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

baba_944

Because my dad said choose wisely.

Who are you?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic