Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 2,669

ZeD

Just a a 3DS (again) with Layton with one choice of another game - so question is

Mario Bros 2 OR Paper Mario (I loved 10,000 Year door and enjoyed Paper Mario Wii)

ZeD

Nintendo Network ID: desmayer | Twitter:

TsunamiSensei

Easily Sticker Star.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

RR529

ZeD wrote:

Just a a 3DS (again) with Layton with one choice of another game - so question is

Mario Bros 2 OR Paper Mario (I loved 10,000 Year door and enjoyed Paper Mario Wii)

Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Don't listen to the naysayers, it is a great game, & I enjoyed it more than SPM (the Wii one). I actually think it's the best Mario game I've played on 3DS so far.

Although each sticker has a 1 time use, there's always enough throughout the environment that you'll never run out, and overall I'm glad they tried something new. Despite what some might say, battling is useful, because the more you battle, the more coins you'll get at the end of the area (which in turn you can use to buy more stickers). Also, you can get bonus coins for achieving a perfect victory (defeating all your opponents in your first turn).

It's story is less involved than previous entries, but there is still plenty of that classic PM wit, with humorous happenings going on area by area. The paper theme is on a whole new level as well, with everything being noticeably made out of some sort of papercraft (construction paper, cardboard, paper, ect).

I'm a huge fan of the original Paper Mario (N64), as it was my first RPG, and I'm glad to have played Sticker Star.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

Paper Mario is actually different from previous games so that one. It's also a really good game despite the moronic decision to minimize story.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ilovegaming

Both are pretty good choices- I've finished them both ( each took me about 20 hours to finish) and enjoyed them quite a lot. Paper Mario has great level design, smart puzzles, good humor and the battles are always engaging. However, I wish it had some sort of new game plus or an extra dungeon to tackle after the credits rolled. As for New Super Mario Bros 2, the level design wasn't anything special for the most part , the coin rush gives it some replay value (if you like the whole idea) and there's DLC available if you want some more courses to tackle. Between the two, I'd go for Sticker Star-it may have some issues but still has a lot of 'Nintendo Charm' , whereas NSMB2 has very little of it.

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

MarioKenny1992

I say get Paper Mario Sticker Star, as well. NSMB2 is a good game but it isn't very creative compared to other Mario games

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

ZeD

Thanks guys for the advice - will be getting Sticker Star but I am going have to wait until 21st Feb (my Bday) until I get to play my 3DS! It is in my house but off limits

ZeD

Nintendo Network ID: desmayer | Twitter:

MarioKenny1992

ZeD wrote:

Thanks guys for the advice - will be getting Sticker Star but I am going have to wait until 21st Feb (my Bday) until I get to play my 3DS! It is in my house but off limits

oh, that's ok. happy early birthday, though!

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

ilovegaming

WaveBoy wrote:

Aside from Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Tetrix Axis and Rythem Thief, I'm a wee' bit interested in checking out Rayman 2, but mainly because it's another supposably decent to good launch title that i missed out on. So far I have these Launch titles, with Rayma 2 being the only other one I'd even bother adding to the list...

Pilot Wings Resort
AWESOME...I never would of thought this would of been my favorite 3DS game.

SSFIV: 3D EDition
30fps in 3D. dissapointing. Lifeless environemnts with static paper cut out humans and animals. Dissapointing.

Nintendog's + Cats
The DS version was amazing and extremely innovative all thanks to the stylus controls which were completely new at the time.
This version however doesn't excite in the least. Been there done that, better graphics, more items, modes, whatever, combined with
it's sub par Stereocopic 3D make for a slightly above average experience.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
Take away the awesome 3D effect and you're left with the worst playing monkey ball in exsistense.
The stage design felt like it was created by monkies....wait a minute. Still, those Pop out Story Book animated World diorama's in
stereoscopic 3D completely blew me away.

Steel Diver
I enjoyed this one. But it would of been more appealing & fun had it been a more arcadey
and flashy, with faster paced 'on the dime' controls to boot!

Good titles (and usual recommendations) that may be better choices than Rayman 2 are Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil:Revelations and Kingdom Hearts 3D. Also, if you like platformers, I think Shinobi flew under a lot of people's radar and was a well-crafted, albeit challenging game that should have been better received.

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

TheSolidGamer

Hey guys,
I was wondering weather Mario tennis open is better or worse than New Super Mario Bros. 2?

TheSolidGamer

zoroarkrules25

It's worse, it is a fun game but it does get boring quick in my opinion. I thought super mario bros 2 was really fun though and creative. It has longer gameplay value to.

Edited on by zoroarkrules25

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

LordJumpMad

Looking for a good mature game for the 3DS, I was wondering how MetalGearSoild 3 for the 3DS was.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

MarioKenny1992

TheSolidGamer wrote:

Hey guys,
I was wondering weather Mario tennis open is better or worse than New Super Mario Bros. 2?

NSMB2 is better

paulidude3333

yea i say minecraft on3DS

-===[PaUlIdUdE]===-

Lavacraft Legend

rayword45

LordJumpMad wrote:

Looking for a good mature game for the 3DS, I was wondering how MetalGearSoild 3 for the 3DS was.

The framerate is pretty bad based solely off of the demo (This is coming from someone who couldn't give less of a crap between 30 and 60FPS). And reviews say the controls are weird with one stick.

Still planning to get it if I find it cheap again (was at Target for $9, but had no adult with me at the time)

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

ThePirateCaptain

I'm thinking of getting Code of Princess, but would anyone here who's played it recommend it? It looks pretty good from what I've seen but is it worth 30 dollars?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Windy

I would just like to see Most of the Classic Titles be converted to 3D classics. Mario, Castlevania and Megaman 3d Classics. Oh man good stuff! So far the Eshop has been pretty good. Good games coming fast and furious almost too fast! (i'm going broke) Haha. Another recommendation is that 5 VC games should be released a week. There is no reason to hold back VC titles. Stop dangling the carrot already and just please people. Besides all it will do is make money. Whoever is choosing which VC titles to be released "YOUR FIRED!" your doing a poor job. It just blows my mind that a classic Mario game hasn't been converted to a 3d Classic. I would also love to see a Revival of Bonk in the 3d Classics it would be a beautiful thing

Edited on by Windy

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

New_3DaSh_XL

@Windy I don't think everything NEEDS to be 3D. Sure, it's a nice option, but not required, and besides, they need to get those games out there so they can work on new games, and making 3D Classics I'm assuming is harder than just putting it through a machine and having it ready for the eShop in a couple minutes.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic