Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 2,669

moomoo

Skitrules wrote:

Hey everyone i was wondering if any of you recomend Resident Evil: Revalations because i was thinking about getting because i loved the demo and want more. Any recomendations??

I've beaten it and played quite a bit of Raid Mode. I'd say it's the best Resident Evil game besides 4. I should note that the game doesn't have a survival horror feel about halfway through, but it's still really good. The game plays like 4 without the CC Pro, so I wouldn't say it's a necessity. It's definitely one of the best games on DS right now.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Gamesake

rayword45 wrote:

Skitrules wrote:

any of you recomend Resident Evil: Revalations

do you have a Circle Pad Pro? From what I've heard, it does wonders to playability. The main problem with the game is framerate, which drops pretty often.

I played through it with gyroscope aiming and that was better than the dual analog controls in RE4. The framerate only drops in elevators which were just glorified load screens. It doesn't intrude on the gameplay at all.

moomoo wrote:

I've beaten it and played quite a bit of Raid Mode.

It's pretty addictive. Raid Mode.

...in my pants.

FarukoSH

Ok, this its actually had to answer. but im seraching for a good co-op game, i know they are quite different, but for what ive saw (and played HoR demo) i may like them both quite a bit...

so wich one is better, and has better replay value... but more important, are those games dead online ? i would love to play HoR but if its dead online theres not much reason to get it, as i think that CoP has a better SP... anyone can help me here ?

3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473 // Games: RE: Revelations, MK7, Kid Icarus: U, MGS3D, SM3DLand, EO4, Donkey Kong CR3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, Castlevania: LoS MoF, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Monster Hunter 3U and Pokemon Y
Steam: Farukool
PM me if you add

3DS Friend Code: 4640-0256-4473

SarcasticWisdom

Should I get Scribblenauts Unlimited? I have Super Scribblenauts and I enjoyed it soooo much. :3 Will I have the same effect in this game?

Edited on by theblackdragon

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

rayword45

If reviews are anything to go by, yes it's basically more of the same formula with improvements, so if you crave more Scribblenauts there you go.

Edited on by theblackdragon

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

rayword45

FarukoSH wrote:

Ok, this its actually had to answer. but im seraching for a good co-op game, i know they are quite different, but for what ive saw (and played HoR demo) i may like them both quite a bit...

so wich one is better, and has better replay value... but more important, are those games dead online ? i would love to play HoR but if its dead online theres not much reason to get it, as i think that CoP has a better SP... anyone can help me here ?

I haven't played Code of Princess.

Based of off that, get Code of Princess

A good co-op game? Resident Evil: Revelations features true co-op for Raid Mode, Kid Icarus features team battles.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Spanish_Bread

what is SP?

i only played HOR in demo and i bought Code of Princess... with my activity log, i have around 40+ hours for code of princess, and will still play it if i liked to. The online play in CoP is laggy, and sometimes you need to wait for 20 minutes for coop.... Thus making it more suitable for local multiplayer which is smooth, so it is great only to play multiplayer with local connection with friends. But i would admit that i still enjoy playing it in single player

Spanish_Bread

HaastMK7

They should make a 3D remake of Star Wars Battle Ground II

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

HawkeyeWii

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D. Easily one of the best 3DS games even though it is a re-release. It had a huge graphical overhaul

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

For some bizarre reason, I kinda figured the Professor Layton games were like, some Mystery/Murder game thing, so I always ignored it, lol. Anyways, after learning what it REALLY is, you think I should just go ahead and pick up the 3DS version? I love puzzle games.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

rayword45

There is a murder/mystery aspect to it, as these games are sorta a mixture between puzzlers and point-and-click game, and the story is often part of the appeal.

But yeah, go ahead and buy it. Totally worth the $40 full retail though you may be able to find it on sale soon (It was $20 at Sears for a short time). There's 135 puzzles plus another 365 in free DLC plus some mini-games which can be pretty fun even if most are shallow and short.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Joeynator3000

Yeah I know its still a Mystery theme, but was thinking like a visual novel or something, I dunno. xD
Now I just need to find a way to get some money, I'm broke, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Freak-Show

Shadow of the Colossus. Even though I've never played it before it has to be an amazing game in order to be a highly rated PS exclusive.

Freak-Show

Nintengirl

For Christmas my mom she might buy me a 3ds game I want. But I have no clue what to get.
(I have Nintendogs+Cats, Kid Icarus, Super Mario 3d Land and Ocarina of Time)
I like most genres. I just don't want RE of KH. I've been considering Style Savvy ,Rhythm Thief, and Paper Mario but I wasn't sure...
Any suggestions?

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

SirSmugleaf

@Nintengirl - Out of those games you picked, I think I would recommend Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Well I've played the demo of rhythm theif but definately not into savvy style so that's what I'd pick. Also you can't go wrong with Mario kart 7 either!

Besides that, you could ask your mum for an Eshop card, because there are sooooo many great games currently out on the service.

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

CanisWolfred

The demo for Rhythm Thief is far from a good representation of the game, as it only shows off the Rhythm Mini-games and not the story, the puzzles, the point & click adventure-ish parts, etc. that the game also features. It'd be my pick, personally, since I know I like every aspect of it. Unfortunately Rhythm Thief is difficult to find in stores last I checked, but it is on Amazon for $27.00 at the time of writing.

For Paper Mario, it kind of depends. I'm staying away from it because it lacks the stats and level-ups that I liked in previous games, and it seems to have a less-focused story than I'd like. Also it sounds like the sticker system can be rather frustrating. If that doesn't deter you, however, it'd very likely be worth a go.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

radiance

Just picked up Shifting World for $2.37

Jessica | Aqua 3DS | Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 5000-1796-5486

GuardianKing

I know it might sound stupid, but should I get NSMB2 or Dishonored? I can't play the latter until really far down the line (no idea if my computer can even support it) and I probably wouldn't have gotten it if Steam didn't have their huge sale.

On the other hand, buying NSMB2 digital means that I can carry it anywhere, and I can play whenever I want. It's more of a pick-p-and-play type of game. Plus, it doesn't tear my 3DS apart.

Well, which one's the best option? I've got a long flight, and I want something to play.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I can't being my laptop (hence why I'm on the fence, cause the sale ends pretty soon, and I'm leaving soon.)

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Bones00

@Chrysalis Did you try canurunit.com to see if you can run Dishonored on your PC? Definitely get NSMB2. There's lots of gameplay in that game. I own it and recommend it. I also have rented Dishonored and loved it. I hope to be able to buy it myself soon for PS3.

3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964.
Twitter, PSN, Steam, Game Center IDs: Bones00

Twitter:

Gamesake

@Chrysalis Don't bother buying anything on Steam until you can play it. Chances are it will be much cheaper by the time you have a better PC.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic