Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 2,670

rayword45

I have, I know what I'm getting into.

As for types of games, I have a special love for rhythm games, but Theatrhythm doesn't appeal to me (might get Rhythm Thief). I also like platformers (already have both 3DS Mario titles), action games, and puzzlers that aren't samey (like Crush3D). Favorite 3DS title is Kid Icarus.

Looking at Revelations mostly right now.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

HaastMK7

I hope they make a new Zombie game for the 3DS, hopefully similar to the 'Zombie U' game.
Maybe also add some Resident evil to it as well, or maybe not other wise that would just make it another RE game

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

SarcasticWisdom

Konata wrote:

Hey Guys. I'm looking for a new 3DS game but I just can't decide!
I have:
Rhythm thief
MK7
(and pokemon black but that doesnt count)

I like all sorts of games but again, I can NEVER make decisions.
any suggestions?

Try Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance or Paper Mario Sticker Star

Edited on by SarcasticWisdom

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

Arianabtd

SarcasticWisdom wrote:

Konata wrote:

Hey Guys. I'm looking for a new 3DS game but I just can't decide!
I have:
Rhythm thief
MK7
(and pokemon black but that doesnt count)

I like all sorts of games but again, I can NEVER make decisions.
any suggestions?

Try Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance or Paper Mario Sticker Star

got sticker star a couple days ago.
LOVE IT.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

new super mario bros. 2 or super mario 3D land?
will not buy dlc for the 2D game. not very interested in coin rush mode. i tend to choose 3D land cuase i LOVED galaxy and bros.2 looks recycled. how long will 3D land last?

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

rayword45

Depends on what you want overall.

Super Mario 3D Land is a deeper game with superior graphics, a longer story mode (like, 7 times as long) and overall is a more memorable experience.
NSMB2 features far more replay value (although you're not interested in Coin Rush) and multiplayer (I have not had the time to experience this even with friends with the game, but note it's multi-cart only)

Overall, they're both pretty good, so it comes down to 3D vs 2D for me. However, if you don't intend on collecting a lot of coins (the replay value of NSMB2) go for SM3DL because the total story mode is 6-8 times longer without replay value.

I wouldn't compare SM3DL to Galaxy. 3D Land is far more linear (basically the inbetween from 2D to 3D in terms of pacing and level design), less innovative and less expansive with no extra missions and not too many secrets or exploration (even less then Galaxy of which there wasn't too much).

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

SarcasticWisdom

Should I get Touch Solitaire for club nintendo awards?

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

HaastMK7

They should make a 3D Minecraft game for the 3DS with Online.

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

rayword45

SarcasticWisdom wrote:

Should I get Touch Solitaire for club nintendo awards?

No. It's just Solitaire and Spider in a pretty package with no undo button. Not worth the cash or coins at all.

If you're a solitaire fan, I'ma rank the choices that I know of for you

1. http://www.amazon.com/Clubhouse-Games-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000FW64ZS
2. 5-in-1 Solitaire on DSiWare (5 Games rather then 1)
3. Purchasing Touch Solitaire for $2
4. Wasting 100 coins on that crap.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Chucko

Looking to acquire some 3DS games over the Holidays. What are some good ones you guys would recommend? I generally like all genres.

(P.S Not MK7, Super Mario 3D Land, OoT 3D, or Bit.Trip Saga. I gots those ones )

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

Tasuki

@Chucko: If you havent played it yet and like that type of genre I highly recommend Resident Evil Revelations. Such an awesome game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

@Chucko: Tales of the Abyss (my personal favorite 3DS game), Dead or Alive Dimensions (the best fighter on the system), & Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (fun arcade style dogfighter) are all really great choices!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

rk3388

Chucko wrote:

Looking to acquire some 3DS games over the Holidays. What are some good ones you guys would recommend? I generally like all genres.

(P.S Not MK7, Super Mario 3D Land, OoT 3D, or Bit.Trip Saga. I gots those ones )

Kid Icarus Uprising, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Tales of the Abyss 3D, New Super mario bros 2

I would recommend those in that order

rk3388

rayword45

Chucko wrote:

Shooter: Kid Icarus: Uprising (third-person action), Nano Assault (SHMUP), Resident Evil Revelations (survival horror), NOT Star Fox
Puzzler: Crush3D, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
RPG: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Rhythm: I have yet to try Rhythm Thief, but as a person with no FF background the demo for Theatrhythm was great fun, if somewhat easy and the track selection seems small.
Platformer: New Super Mario Bros 2, Sonic Generations if you can find it for really cheap

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

WaluigiBag

I highly recommend Pilotwings Resort! I purchased it with my Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS at Launch. Exploring WuHu Island is very enjoyable. The music is soothing, and the 3D effect is great.

Edited on by WaluigiBag

WaluigiBag

Nintendo Network ID: WaluigiBag

Gamesake

Resident Evil Revelations is $19 new on Amazon right now. Dead or Alive Dimensions is $25.

...in my pants.

RR529

Gamesake wrote:

Resident Evil Revelations is $19 new on Amazon right now. Dead or Alive Dimensions is $25.

Really? I don't know where you're looking, but our local Kmarts have had DOAD at $20 for a long time now (really great deal, BTW).

Also, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (my personal favorite launch game) is also at $20 there.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Skitrules

Hey everyone i was wondering if any of you recomend Resident Evil: Revalations because i was thinking about getting because i loved the demo and want more. Any recomendations??

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

rayword45

Skitrules wrote:

Hey everyone i was wondering if any of you recomend Resident Evil: Revalations because i was thinking about getting because i loved the demo and want more. Any recomendations??

I can recommend it 3 chapters in. Though do you have a Circle Pad Pro? From what I've heard, it does wonders to playability. The graphics are astounding, the survival horror bits are great, the more action-oriented bits are fun but less enjoyable due to controls. The main problem with the game is framerate, which drops pretty often.

You can find it really cheap at many places, like, $20. Try going to Best Buy and do a price match there.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic