Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 2,669

FonistofCruxis

I'd rather get Theatrhythm after playing more FF games as I've only played one. As for Devil survivor overclocked, its not out in Europe yet and even if it was, I was asking for 3DS games that aren't story heavy.

FonistofCruxis

I would disagree from what I've played of the DS original and when I said games that aren't story heavy, I was looking for games with a simple story or none at all.

zezhyrule

Oh. When I hear story heavy, I'm thinking 2hr cutscenes every 5min like MGS or modern FF

Theatrhythm is still enjoyable even if you've never played a FF game before. Once you get past the part where you have to play through all the tracks on super easy before you unlock higher difficulties, it starts to get kinda fun

And it has basically no story n_n

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

RR529

@FonistofCruxis, what about Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy? It does have a story, but you don't need to pay attention to it if you don't want to

Really fun arcade style dogfighter. The confrontations against enemy squadrons & the mysterious Z.O.E. aircraft are especially thrilling.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FonistofCruxis

@Zezzy It does look like a fun game but I still feel that I'd appreciate it more after playing some more FF games.
@RR529 I'm not that into flight combat games but I may be willing to give it a try. How realistic is it? If its just a military based flight combat game then its probably not for me but if there's something more to it that you wouldn't see in real life then I might like it.

RR529

^It uses real world aircraft & graphical style, but it's not a sim gameplay wise (it's more thrilling arcade style).

The world, while realistic, is fiction (fake countries and all that). There's nothing all that far removed from real world tech, except the mysterious Z.O.E. aircraft you encounter multiple times (especially it's final incarnation, which you can unlock for use yourself), the final mission is a pretty unrealistic scenario (don't want to ruin anything, though), and you can unlock classic aircraft as well (unrealistic in the sense that they wouldn't stand a chance fighting the modern aircraft you encounter in the game's missions, in the real world). While the game has a realistic graphical style, all character portraits are anime style (albiet a more serious look).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

josh14

hey guys new system update is available in the eshop

josh14

SirSmugleaf

josh14 wrote:

hey guys new system update is available in the eshop

What does the update do?

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

FonistofCruxis

@RR529 I picked up Ace combat; Assault horizon legacy this morning. I'm not that good at it but that's not surprising as I'm not that experienced with the genre but I'm still enjoying it, hopefully I'll get better as I play it more.

RR529

^Hope you enjoy it! I don't know what difficulty you're playing at, but there are 3. Starting with mission 2, you'll be able to pull off fancy manoeuvres that get you in good position, when you fill up a guage.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

FonistofCruxis

I decided to play on easy mode which was definitely a good decision as I'm having some trouble with mission 3. Since, that's the mission I'm on, I already know how to do those manoeuvres and they are quite useful. I don't quite get how to do a G-turn though.

ThePirateCaptain

So i've been thinking about getting Rayman 3D because it's supposed to be a good game, but how does this port fare?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Banker-Style

A brilliant game,but poorly ported.
It's better than the DS version,but you'd be better of getting one of the earlier versions.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

kkslider5552000

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

It's better than the DS version

this wouldn't be a difficult task. That and Super Mario 64 DS pretty much killed the idea of 3d games being successful of DS.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sonicmon

@kkslider i though mario 64 ds was a good port and i really talk crap about mario but that to me was a good port but rayman 2 ds yea that sucked

sonic fan for ever and i love sega best system ever the genesis
best game ever SONIC CD!!!!
playing:anything i feel like right now >:3
i was MR-SEGA

Windy

Me and a buddy have been playing Formula 1 Local wifi and Internet Wifi lately the game is great fun even though it received low ratings I would recommend it for a 3DS bargain title now at 19.99

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

FonistofCruxis

kkslider5552000 wrote:

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

It's better than the DS version

this wouldn't be a difficult task. That and Super Mario 64 DS pretty much killed the idea of 3d games being successful of DS.

I've never understood the hate for SM64DS. I know some people didn't like the controls but they weren't that bad. With 3 new characters, over 30 new levels, much better graphics, mini-games and multi-player, I think its much better than the original and overall the 2nd best DS game.

@RR529 I'm finding mission 8 of Ace combat: Assault horizon legacy really frustrating due to the constant stalling, how did you deal with the stalling?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic