3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 681 to 700 of 1,757

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

681. Posted:

Sakura Samurai! :D
if you want to get a bit of a Samurai 'Punch-Out!!' fix than this is your best bet on the 3DS.

Just got Ketzal Corridors which is unlike me since i'm not too huge on Puzzlers. But It's been getting fantastic reviews, IGN naied it with a 9.0 and i'm realllly interested in seeing how awesome the 3D effect apperantly is. Who knows i may be suprised. I like taking risks and going for titles i'd normally have second thoughts on. Most of the time my gut is always right, but eh! :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

682. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Is SMB3D worth $5 though?

I'm still waiting for the Sunday paper so I can see the deals of the week.

Oh dear, someone tell me this is all just a nightmare where Mario games are shovelware and at $5 are still a value judgement!!?

SM3DL is a great game, have you no faith in Mario?

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

683. Posted:

Ketzal Corridors seems absolutely fantastic for what it is, but like with most puzzlers my attention span gradually begins to slip and i lose interest. I played around 17 stages but I just didn't have the urge to play anymore. At first I was all for it, but towards the 15nth stage the fun i was having dwindled quite nicely. The stereoscopic 3D looks pretty damn impressive, especially during the cut scenes....It's pretty striking actually. :o

That aside i just got Colors which is just awesome, if you can get past the fact that there's no music. :p
And Mighty Flip Champs which i have yet to play.

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

684. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Ketzal Corridors seems absolutely fantastic for what it is, but like with most puzzlers my attention span gradually begins to slip and i lose interest. I played around 17 stages but I just didn't have the urge to play anymore. At first I was all for it, but towards the 15nth stage the fun i was having dwindled quite nicely. The stereoscopic 3D looks pretty damn impressive, especially during the cut scenes....It's pretty striking actually. :o

That aside i just got Colors which is just awesome, if you can get past the fact that there's no music. :p
And Mighty Flip Champs which i have yet to play.

Enjoy Mighty Flip Champs, it's pretty amazing!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

685. Posted:

Everything WayForward touches is Golden, for the most part. :p Mighty Switch Force was all sorts of awesome. Absolutely loved Contra 4. My Copy of A Boy & His Blob for the Wii is still in it's packaging. :p The two Shante Games look amazing, Alien:Infestation looks pretty interesting and the two other 'Mighty' games look like loads of fun. I'll be trying MIghty Flip Champs tomorrow.

One thing that irks me though is that either i put up with the upscaled image, or the smaller 1:1 image. I'll probably just deal with the larger upscaled screen. But i think my best bet would be to play it in 1:1 on the XL

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

BenAV

686. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Everything WayForward touches is Golden, for the most part.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

rayword45

687. Posted:

thelastlemming wrote:

Oh dear, someone tell me this is all just a nightmare where Mario games are shovelware and at $5 are still a value judgement!!?

lolwut? No no no, SUPER MONKEY BALL 3D. I have SM3DL already.

And to those saying WayForward makes only golden games, tv show/movie tie-ins and Ping Pals would like a word with you. :P

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

688. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

thelastlemming wrote:

[/div]

And to those saying WayForward makes only golden games, tv show/movie tie-ins and Ping Pals would like a word with you. :P

They have to make those lousy games so they can make money to put towards the titles they actuallly want and love to make, aside from keeping the company alive. :p Apperantly Aliens: Infestation was actually prett solid...Yet Batman the Brave and the Bold ) for the wii looks almost flash animated-like and extremely repetitive.

AuthorMessage

Birdman

689. Posted:

@WaveBoy - You do realize that WayForward, the company you said turns everything gold that it touches 4 posts ago, made The Brave & the Bold for Wii, right?

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

690. Posted:

Birdman wrote:

@WaveBoy - You do realize that WayForward, the company you said turns everything gold that it touches 4 posts ago, made The Brave & the Bold for Wii, right?

Which i kind of just mentioned in my previous post if you bothered to actually even read it. :p Ya, Brave & the Bold looks pretty mindless and mediocre.
They can't all be winners hehe.

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

691. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Oh dear, I really biffed that one didn't I... D:
Thanks for your patience, lol, as I learn to read! xD

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

692. Posted:

thelastlemming wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

[/div]

Oh dear, I really biffed that one didn't I... D:
Thanks for your patience, lol, as I learn to read! xD

I thought the same thing at first. I think Sega did it on purpose when they made the Super Monkey Ball series. :P

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

693. Posted:

I loved the demo for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, but I'm a big RPG fan so I'm was looking at Xenoblade. So which should I get Theatrhythm or Xenoblade?

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

694. Posted:

Xenoblade. Easily.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

695. Posted:

Theatrhythm's kind of a fun time-waster, but I'd go with Xenoblades if I were you. It's a much more substantial game.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

696. Posted:

Ok thanks. Xenoblade it is. I'll probably get Theatrhythm after a price drop or something.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

rayword45

697. Posted:

Here's one: Rhythm Thief or Theatrhythm?

My strength is in music (and rhythm games) so I'd like the one with more challenge to it, as well as the better song selection (No mainstream pop and very little hip-hop/rap will do me fine). I haven't enough experience with Final Fantasy for it to make a difference for me.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

698. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Theatrhythm's kind of a fun time-waster, but I'd go with Xenoblades if I were you. It's a much more substantial game.

for the record, my current time, having still not beaten the game and still not having more than 3 stars (out of 5) worth of sidequests done for any area, is over 90 hours. 90% of which is completely awesome.

So yes, even in the 3DS recommendation thread, the answer is Xenoblade. This amuses me for at least 2 reasons.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

rayword45

699. Posted:

Along with my last post, has anyone played Shifting World and can recommend it?

The reviews are really mixed, but I really dig the other Shift games and I may be able to find a copy for cheap.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Lan

700. Posted:

I plan on getting a 3DS game on Thursday, but I don't know what. I have SM3DL, MK7, and KI:U. I've been thinking about Theatrythm Final Fantasy, but I dunno. What should I get?

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1