3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 561 to 580 of 1,624

AuthorMessage

Mahary

561. Posted:

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy or Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure ? :P

Mahary

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2279-3969 | Nintendo Network ID: Crazyforart | Twitter: CrazyForArt

AuthorMessage

BenAV

562. Posted:

As I was saying in that other thread, I wasn't quite convinced by Rhythm Theif but I've pre-ordered Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.
They're very different games so it comes down to personal preference.
I think Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is cheaper though, at least it is here.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Mahary

563. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

As I was saying in that other thread, I wasn't quite convinced by Rhythm Theif but I've pre-ordered Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.
They're very different games so it comes down to personal preference.
I think Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is cheaper though, at least it is here.

Thanks , Hahaha Sorry :P

Mahary

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2279-3969 | Nintendo Network ID: Crazyforart | Twitter: CrazyForArt

AuthorMessage

Emaan

564. Posted:

I would say Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. I didn't really like the Rhythm Theif demo, and I love Final Fantasy music so go with that. To be honest though, I wouldn't get it unless you're somewhat of a Final Fantasy fan, as it wouldn't do much for you if you aren't.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

565. Posted:

My only recommendations would be ZOOT and MK7, and perhaps MTennis for local mp matches.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

566. Posted:

i'm getting the rhythm thief game. it looks so awesome. so i would recommend that game.....mahary try the demo to see if you like rhythm thief

looking forward to Bravely Default, P L & the Azran Legacy, Yoshi's Island, Smash Bros, DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, X and Kirby Triple Deluxe.
Playing right now: Pokemon X & Y, ACNL, LOZ: ALBW, and LM: DM
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

cc-plus

567. Posted:

Mahary wrote:

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy or Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure ? :P

Depends on what you prefer.

Theatrhythm is a straight rhythm game while Rhythm Thief is more like rhythm games and an OVA buried in an ok adventure game. If you want a fun story and characters to connect with, go with Rhythm Thief. If you want no fluff in your rhythm games go for Theatrhythm.

cc-plus

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

568. Posted:

I might get Rhythm Thief...
I played the Kingdom Hearts Demo and it was really fun. But I've never played any KH games. Partially because I don't have all the systems to play the games. So would KH make any sense to me if I bought the 3DS version? Or would I have to watch videos of all the other games?

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

Emaan

569. Posted:

@Nintengirl, if you really want KH:3D I would say watch some videos of the past games before hand. Although I heard in the game, there's a feature that re-caps the past events of the series.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Sirloin

570. Posted:

Best Buy Canada is having a sale right now on 3DS games:

$20: Tales of the Abyss, MGS:SS3D
$30: Kid Icarus

Now, I don`t want MGS, I don't like the demo and I hear the game is terrible. I definitely want to get Tales (right?) but I'm not sure if I should get Kid Icarus. I also saw that Dragon Quest IX: Sentenials of the Starry Skies is $20 new. What do???

tl;dr Tales and Dragon Quest IX for a total of $40 or Tales and Kid Icarus for a total of $50?

Sirloin

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

571. Posted:

Kid Icarus is amazing, so IMO you should buy that if you can.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

572. Posted:

Sirloin wrote:

Now, I don`t want MGS, I don't like the demo and I hear the game is terrible.

[/div]

$20 is a steal for a good port of a great game. The demo isn't perfect, but the full game will suck you in and make a believer out of you in no time flat. As for the game being terrible, here are some reviews that might change your mind. http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/metal_gear_solid_snak... and http://www.otakugaming.com/2012/02/review-metal-gear-solid-sn... If you have a PS3 or 360, then it's no contest, but otherwise, take it from me that this a game well-worth experiencing.

Edit: Oh and Kid Icarus is good too, but MGS is better.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

MattEriks

573. Posted:

I want a great jrpg for my 3ds, and i came across Tales of the Abyss 3ds. And i been thinking of buying it, its kinda expensive and rare here in sweden. So is at any good? I want your opinions.

3DS FC: 4854 - 6530 - 1097 (MattEriks)
Why does the good guys win in games?
Because we have Potions
note to self Don't let the evil ones get any potions

AuthorMessage

RR529

574. Posted:

@Sirloin and MattEriks, Tales of the Abyss is an utterly fantastic game, and well worth a purchase.

Also, to Sirloin, I don't know where you heard MGS3D is terrible, but it's a flat out lie. It's one of the best games on 3DS, and every 3DS owner (of appropriate age) should experience it. Kid Icarus is pretty fantastic as well. all three games are in the upper echelon of the 3DS' software lineup, so you can't go wrong with what you choose.

I'd personally pick TotA and KI:U though. Between TotA's RPG nature, and KI:U's addictive online mode (and surprisingly lengthy single player), you'll be set for months.

While MGS3D is a masterpiece you need to experience at some point, it doesn't take too long to beat, and even though you will get the urge to replay it (believe me, you will), it still wouldn't be the perfect choice for the summer long "dry season".

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

575. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Kid Icarus is amazing, so IMO you should buy that if you can.

2nded, Kid Icarus should take priority over all currently released 3DS titles.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

576. Posted:

Does anybody know how Street Fighter 4 3D online is? I have basic internet.

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

RR529

577. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

It has some lag, but nothing too bad. Although, if you want to play fair, you'll be dissapointed (unless you have some good friends to play with). The "training wheels" mode, which allows users to spam ultra powerful combos much quicker, and more often than normal, is allowed online, and there's no way of filtering those who are using it out. So you'll be in for some unbalanced fights, if you try fighting fair.

If you have a choice, I'd go with Dead or Alive Dimensions. Lag wise, it's dead even with Street Fighter, and there's no cheap way to fight.

There's also Tekken and BlazBlue, but I havn't played them, so I'm not so sure (Tekken does have online, I just no nothing about it, & I no nothing of BlazBlue at all).

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

578. Posted:

BlazBlue has no online, but I enjoyed it more than SSFIV. A Much more enjoyable fighting experience and with the cheap spammers online SSFIV there's no point of the online anyways.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

579. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

GamecubeMan wrote:

[/div]

It has some lag, but nothing too bad. Although, if you want to play fair, you'll be dissapointed (unless you have some good friends to play with). The "training wheels" mode, which allows users to spam ultra powerful combos much quicker, and more often than normal, is allowed online, and there's no way of filtering those who are using it out. So you'll be in for some unbalanced fights, if you try fighting fair.

If you have a choice, I'd go with Dead or Alive Dimensions. Lag wise, it's dead even with Street Fighter, and there's no cheap way to fight.

There's also Tekken and BlazBlue, but I havn't played them, so I'm not so sure (Tekken does have online, I just no nothing about it, & I no nothing of BlazBlue at all).

That sucks... I think that blance is essential for any fighter game. Even if one character is stronger a weaker one should have some advantage........

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Sirloin

580. Posted:

Thanks guys! I picked up Tales of the Abyss and Kid Icarus: Uprising as well as Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition that comes with a lot, if not all the DLC and a download code for Batman Year One for $30!

Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword is on sale for $5 in the 3DS eShop this weekend, worth the purchase?

Sirloin