3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 541 to 560 of 1,628

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

541. Posted:

How good is Shinobi if anyone has played it? I might pick it up but how long is it?

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

RR529

542. Posted:

iPancakez wrote:

How good is Shinobi if anyone has played it? I might pick it up but how long is it?

If you're talking about the Game Gear one on VC, I say get it. If you're talking about the 3DS retail game, I have no idea.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

BlueToad

543. Posted:

Untitled
'nuff said.

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179
Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122
Currently playing: Animal. Crossing. New. Leaf.
Australian :D

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179 | Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

544. Posted:

iPancakez wrote:

If your talking about the retail one.
It's a fun,but very hard game,with loads of content.

PSN- Crossword-Man
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

rayword45

545. Posted:

Anyone have any good cheaper ($20 or below) reccomendations? Looking at CRUSH 3D to get right now, but I'd like to keep my mind open.

My favorite games are those of the rhythm genre (Already have Bit. Trip Saga), platformers and puzzlers. Not a big fan of most FPS games, nor do I enjoy Sport Games. I'm also looking for something a bit innovative, which is why I'm looking at Crush

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

firearrow505

546. Posted:

Is Sonic Gen for 3DS any good? i liked the one on 360 and saw they 3DS version for $30.

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways´╗┐ to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

547. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Anyone have any good cheaper ($20 or below) reccomendations? Looking at CRUSH 3D to get right now, but I'd like to keep my mind open.

My favorite games are those of the rhythm genre (Already have Bit. Trip Saga), platformers and puzzlers. Not a big fan of most FPS games, nor do I enjoy Sport Games. I'm also looking for something a bit innovative, which is why I'm looking at Crush

[/div]

I would try out the CRUSH3D demo first to see if you like it.
@firearrow505 I second this, I'm looking into the game but don't know if I should get it.

Edited on by SonyFACE

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

rayword45

548. Posted:

NINTENDOFACE wrote:

I would try out the CRUSH3D demo first to see if you like it.
@firearrow505 I second this, I'm looking into the game but don't know if I should get it.

I did enjoy the demo, but it was a bit challenging and I want to keep my mind open for other choices.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

549. Posted:

You don't have many good ones at this time, unfortunately. Crush is a great, underappreciated game, though, so either way I'd recommend it.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

moomoo

550. Posted:

@rayword45 Are you open to regular DS games? If so, you have a ton of choices. As for 3DS, yeah, Crush is one of your only quality options.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

RR529

551. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Both Dead or Alive Dimensions and Samurai Warriors Chronicles are also $20 now.

DOAD is one of the better 3DS games out there, it just got overshadowed by SSFIV3D (the reason it's down to $20). I actually enjoyed DOAD more than SF though.

Samurai Warriors can be a great time waster as well. There are tons of missions & playable characters. The biggest complaint is that the series hasn't evolved much since the first in the series, but if you havn't played one before, that shouldn't hold you back.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Chuie

552. Posted:

firearrow505 wrote:

Is Sonic Gen for 3DS any good? i liked the one on 360 and saw they 3DS version for $30.

[/div]

yep its really fun its diffrent but you can have classic sonic do the homeing attack early in the game its not as good as the 360/ps3 but really fun if you played sonic rush its kinda similar but better

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Chuie

553. Posted:

whats a good game on 3ds cause all i got is zelda oot mario kart 7 tales of the abyss mario 3d land rayman 3d starfox 64 3ds devil survior overclocked tekken 3d prime edition blazblue continuum shift cave story 3d sonic generation 3ds kid icarus uprising nano assault (im not counting my downloads cause theres alot so it take a while)

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

RR529

554. Posted:

mieu-fire wrote:

whats a good game on 3ds cause all i got is zelda oot mario kart 7 tales of the abyss mario 3d land rayman 3d starfox 64 3ds devil survior overclocked tekken 3d prime edition blazblue continuum shift cave story 3d sonic generation 3ds kid icarus uprising nano assault (im not counting my downloads cause theres alot so it take a while)

Dead or Alive Dimensions (Tecmo Koei), Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (Tecmo Koei), Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (Namco Bandai), and Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater (Konami) are all fantastic.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom) is also great, but I'd be sure to get DOAD first.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

firearrow505

555. Posted:

mieu-fire wrote:

firearrow505 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

yep its really fun its diffrent but you can have classic sonic do the homeing attack early in the game its not as good as the 360/ps3 but really fun if you played sonic rush its kinda similar but better

I might pick it up, thanks.

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways´╗┐ to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

AuthorMessage

RainbowDash

556. Posted:

Terave wrote:

Alright: Shadow Wars or Pilotwings?

Shadow Wars. For $30 or less it's wonderful.

3DS FC: 4253-3490-5944
Steam: [TTPN] Rainbow Dash
Currently Playing:
Pikmin 2 (Wii)
Punch-Out!! (3DS Virtual Console)
Anticipated games:
Bomb Monkey (3DS eShop)
Paper Mario Sticker Star (3DS)
Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

557. Posted:

VVVVVV or Mutant Mudds?

I'm definitely buying Pushmo but I need to know which one is the better game and why.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

558. Posted:

Personally VVVVVV would be my choice. Mutant Mudds is fun, but it doesn't last too long, has cheap deaths, and doesn't try too hard with the 'retro' look. VVVVVV is challenging, but since you you respawn instantly, it's addicting to try continuously until you move past the part. VVVVVVV also has some other Usermade levels, and captures the 'retro' charm perfectly.

Music wise both are amazing. But between the two I would go with VVVVVV.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

RR529

559. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

VVVVVV or Mutant Mudds?

I'm definitely buying Pushmo but I need to know which one is the better game and why.

VVVVVV for sure. I enjoyed both, but VVVVVV is way better, IMO.

It does a better job in giving off a retro vibe, by going after the look of a particular system, in this case the Commodore 64 (meanwhile, MM uses "12-bit" visuals. a mix of 8-bit and 16 bit that doesn't seem genuine).

It's difficult, but every part of it feels like it's due to clever design. You will die, a lot, but the generous checkpoint locations means it never feels cheap (MM is difficult as well, but in the later areas, and during some hidden levels, they resort to cheap tricks, such as offscreen enemy attacks & leaps of faith, to keep the difficulty high).

If you count the "Player Levels" in VVVVVV (and you should), it offers just as much content as Mutant Mudds, at a slightly less expensive price point, and that's always a plus (and if you unlock something special in the game, VVVVVV can last you considerably longer than MM).

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

560. Posted:

I'm going to go with VVVVVV then. From what you two are saying (and it's been said over and over for some time now), Mutant Mudds sounds frustrating, unrewarding and dull. VVVVVV on the other hand sounds like a good game at a reasonable price.

Thanks guys. ;)

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury