3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 521 to 540 of 1,637

AuthorMessage

Hokori

521. Posted:

@519 I'd say go with DOA, it's my favorite, but SSFIV is a close second the Tekken

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

522. Posted:

EvisceratorX wrote:

So I've been wanting to get a 3DS fighter game and I'm kinda torn between SFIV3D, Tekken 3D, and DOAD. Which one of these is the superior fighting game? :) The only fighters I've ever played were a few of the Mortal Kombat games.

Super Street Fighter IV, easily. Has the best online and superior gameplay mechanics. Tekken's good, too, but there's no online component, so I doubt it'd last you long.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

523. Posted:

EvisceratorX wrote:

So I've been wanting to get a 3DS fighter game and I'm kinda torn between SFIV3D, Tekken 3D, and DOAD. Which one of these is the superior fighting game? :) The only fighters I've ever played were a few of the Mortal Kombat games.

Between SSFIV3D & DOAD, get DOAD. Better unlockables, better online, better use of the 3DS' tech (particularly the 3D), and it has a Metroid arena.

SSFIV3D is good to, but it's a port, and it shows (static backgrounds especially). It does have more characters (about 10 more), but everything is unlocked from the start so there's no real incentive to dig into it. Online is practically ruined by the fact that people can use touch combos (and there's no way to filter them out online), so they'll just be spamming specials much more frequently than should be possible.

Haven't played Tekken, but it has generally lower reviews than the other two (they put in a full length 3D movie, which is cool, but as a consequence, it's very light on game modes).

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

EvisceratorX

524. Posted:

I didn't know that Tekken didn't have online, so now it's definitely out. I think I'm gonna go with DOAD, but I'll probably get SFIV sooner or later. I've been researching both games and it seems like there's way more content available with DOAD than with SFIV.

Evisceratorloggery
4 out of 3 people are bad with fractions.

AuthorMessage

RR529

525. Posted:

EvisceratorX wrote:

I didn't know that Tekken didn't have online, so now it's definitely out. I think I'm gonna go with DOAD, but I'll probably get SFIV sooner or later. I've been researching both games and it seems like there's way more content available with DOAD than with SFIV.

Have fun! I for one personally think it's the best fighter on 3DS, and you won't be dissapointed.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

526. Posted:

Now this shouldn't be on the third page...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

527. Posted:

Seriously...
All...
Of...
You...
Need...
To...
Buy...
Skylanders.

It's one of the best 3DS games out now. I daresay the only game out now, better than it, is Kid Icarus. And not by much.
:)

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Cevan

528. Posted:

Does anyone here have Mario Tennis Open? I'm debating whether or not I should get it. How good is the online play in the game?

Edited on by Cevan

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4756-8509

If you add me, please inform me in some way so I can add you.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4756-8509 | Nintendo Network ID: Cevan7

AuthorMessage

Emaan

529. Posted:

@Cevan, I have it. I don't know. If you liked the other Mario Tennis games, I'd say get it. The online is laggy for me, but that can vary for different people.

Would someone recommend Tales of Abyss to me? I really like RPG's. My favorites are Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. I also really like games with a good story and music. Any thoughts?

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

530. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

Seriously...
All...
Of...
You...
Need...
To...
Buy...
Skylanders.

It's one of the best 3DS games out now. I daresay the only game out now, better than it, is Kid Icarus. And not by much.

I would but one I cant even think of playing a Spryo game that isnt the first one and second the whole figure thing has turned me off to that game.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

531. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

Seriously...
All...
Of...
You...
Need...
To...
Buy...
Skylanders.

[/div]

I would but one I cant even think of playing a Spryo game that isnt the first one and second the whole figure thing has turned me off to that game.

It's not even a Spyro game. They just slapped his name on for sales. Spyro's dead. Just like Crash.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

532. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

@Cevan, I have it. I don't know. If you liked the other Mario Tennis games, I'd say get it. The online is laggy for me, but that can vary for different people.

Would someone recommend Tales of Abyss to me? I really like RPG's. My favorites are Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. I also really like games with a good story and music. Any thoughts?

It's good. I award it and 8.5. Buy it, as it'll be rare someday.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

533. Posted:

Sakura Samurai (3DSWare)

So far, so good. Nintendo still hasn't let me down. The 3-D effects are especially nice, and they add a lot of depth to this style of gameplay. This has very quickly become my favorite hack'n slash title I've yet to experience. I'm only on the first boss, right now.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

RR529

534. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

I have TotA and absolutely adore it. It has become one of my favorite 3DS titles. the biggest "problem" with the game is that it's a straight up port of the PS2 game (no new modes), but if you haven't played it before, that shouldn't be a problem at all. The main character (Luke) doesn't start out likeable at all (spoiled rich kid), but that just makes the game long transformation of his character into a hero even better. Like Kingdom Hearts, you only control one character, while the others are AI controlled, but unlike KH, you can change which character you control during battle. In essence, it's battle gameplay is more KH, but it's still important to monitor your entire party, making sure they all have the best skills and items at their disposal, like Final Fantasy (battles take place in an "arena" like FF, in which you can oversee what's going on across the battle area, but your actions are all real time like KH, although you can bring up a menu to use items, or give a party member a specific action or goal). Long story short, get it and you won't be dissapointed.

P.S. - It's also not very grind heavy. Just playing through the game, my party always seemed to be just the right level for whatever challenge came my way, outside of some intense optional battles.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

535. Posted:

Ok thinking of picking up a new game for my 3DS and I am thinking of OoT 3D, but for someone who owns the original N64 cartridge, the Gamecube disc and the VC is there any reason besides the updated graphics and the portability that makes this game better than or worth owning over the others I mention?

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

536. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok thinking of picking up a new game for my 3DS and I am thinking of OoT 3D, but for someone who owns the original N64 cartridge, the Gamecube disc and the VC is there any reason besides the updated graphics and the portability that makes this game better than or worth owning over the others I mention?

Unless you really really love the game, not really. Motion controls for some items are a really awesome update, but I can't say it warrants a purchase if you already have every previous release of it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

537. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

[/div]

Well, it has the boss battle mode. It can be fun to battle your favorite bosses whenever you want, but I imagine even that has a limited appeal. It does one up the N64 and VC releases by including Master Quest, but as you have the GCN release, that's probably rendered mute (in addition to the reworked dungeons, relocated collectables, and tougher enemies in the original MQ, the MQ in the 3DS version also mirrors the world, but that doesn't seem like a major alteration, IMO). There are a few Skyward Sword Easter eggs thrown in, but aren't really worth a mention (and certainly shouldn't influence the average person's decision on whether or not to purchase the game). I'd say the only major upgrade (besides the graphics, and boss battle mode) is the portability.

EDIT: The original allowed you to allocate 3 items for immediate use, and this one allows for up to four spots (thanks to the touch screen), and the Ocarina is given it's own permanent button, so that practically opens up 5 items being easily accessed at once. There's also the new gyro controls (bow, boomerang, hookshot, slingshot, and first person viewing), but that's more of a novelty than anything.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

538. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

Seriously...
All...
Of...
You...
Need...
To...
Buy...
Skylanders.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

It's not even a Spyro game. They just slapped his name on for sales. Spyro's dead. Just like Crash.

[/div]

This is the one since the original three most akin to them, but sadly that's true. As the owner of the world's largest Spyro collection, it really pains me that there hasn't been a proper Spyro game since 2008 and probably won't be one until Skylanders is dead, maybe not even then.

Edited on by Nibelilt

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

539. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo&RR529: Thanks for the info I just wasnt sure if there was like another dungeon thrown in or something added to the story to make it worth while to buy it again. As it is my favorite Zelda game of all time I think I will see if I can get this one used sometime down the road.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Emaan

540. Posted:

@Tasuki, I would just get it for the better controls and graphics if I were you. Everything runs a lot smoother. I can't go back to the original. The 3DS one is without a doubt the best version. If you love Ocarina of Time you owe it to yourself to play it in its remastered form. :)

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann