3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 501 to 520 of 1,753

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

501. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Like everyone else has been saying, DOAD is much better than SSFIV3D. They're both fun games, but Street Fighter is a port, and it shows (while DOAD was built for 3DS). Also, SF has everything unlocked from the start (where's the fun in that), and DOAD has a Metroid arena (epic win).

Everyone I know whom has played both prefers DOAD, yet the gaming media seem to have preferred SSFIV (usually putting it just one spot higher on "best of" 3DS lists). Odd...

That's because fighting games aren't meant to be played alone. They're competitive games, and from a purely competitive stance, SSFIV kicks DOA up and down the block. Sure it has less singleplayer content, but find a good group of people you can actually compete with, and it'll last you way longer than any singleplayer ever could.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

502. Posted:

So can anyone tell me what the big deal about Bravely Default is?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

503. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Akihiko Yoshida on art
Takashi Tokita directing
Job and battle system like FFV
Traditional old school rpgs that's few and far between and cant find on consoles anymore.(

Also finally realized what flying fairy stands for. Its something in game as well to have FF in the games initials

Takashi Tokita (時田 貴司 T

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Kinioka

504. Posted:

Speaking about Bravely Default, Square Enix said this week(yesterday on twitter I think) that it would take between 60/70 hours to finish the game.

Hallelujah.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

505. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Dude have you not seen screenshots of it yet? It's freaking gorgeous! And it's obviously a successor to 4 Heroes of Light, which was a great game, and now it'll have more of a focus on story. I've been following the news that's come out lately, it just keeps sounding better and better!

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

506. Posted:

Kinioka wrote:

Speaking about Bravely Default, Square Enix said this week(yesterday on twitter I think) that it would take between 60/70 hours to finish the game.

That means we'll all beat it in 30 hours, tops.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

507. Posted:

Hmph. RPGs are lacking on my 3DS. I need my Fire Emblem fix.

Also, I would love for you guys to pick up Ace Combat (here we go again...). I have a full written review online at my website. Star Fox ain't got nothin' on this bad boy. B-)

Oh, yeah, did anyone break down and import The Mask of Miracle? Let me know if it's a good game to get when it hits NA shores.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

508. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Kinioka wrote:

That means we'll all beat it in 30 hours, tops.

Hahahaha true.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

509. Posted:

PrimedMetroid wrote:

Also, I would love for you guys to pick up Ace Combat (here we go again...). I have a full written review online at my website. Star Fox ain't got nothin' on this bad boy. B-)

Oh, yeah, did anyone break down and import The Mask of Miracle? Let me know if it's a good game to get when it hits NA shores.

Is this your first Ace Combat game?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

510. Posted:

Well thanks everyone. I'm now hyped For BD:FF! And yeah, god that game looks gorgeous! :O

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

511. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

PrimedMetroid wrote:

Is this your first Ace Combat game?

Pretty much, yeah. So maaaybe I'll be lying a bit if I would think that veterans of Ace Combat would like it. But I still enjoyed it immensely.

By the way, is it required to know the story of Kingdom Hearts before playing 3D? If it is, then I'll ply my money towards MGS3D.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

512. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

What did you guys think of Avenging Spirit? I thought it was pretty decent, but in the end i just wasn't quite satisfyed with it. It was defintily fun here and there, very challenging towards the end and had some solid chip tunes, but i dont know....It just didn't quite mesh with me.
Man i don't know what it is, but as I get older i find myself getting pickier with games and modern gaming in general....I'm not as a big of a hardcore gamer as many of you dudes are(at least when it comes to most modern stuff)...But at least 'Tetris' gave me a nice portable retro rebound and put a smile on my face. :D :p

But ya....even Mr Game & Watch Gallery didn't do much for me. High score based titles don't tickle my Freddy Krueger fancy, but I'll admit i got a nice little kick out of 'Octopus' Still fun after all these years. And while the new Mario based remakes deliver more varied, complex and superior gameplay i feel that they completely lack the charm of the originals.

Metroid II is the only VC left that sparks my interest. And Kirby's Dreamland 2 shall be the next muhahaha I think it's time i lay off the 3DS's VC and 3DSware and actually play some retail games for once. :p

I felt similarly about G&W Gallery. It was alright, but it just didn't do it for me (although I got a kick out of fire). When I just need to pick up something and play for a few minutes, I'm much more satisfied by Zen Pinball 3D, Alleyway, Kirby's Block Ball, or GB Tetris. G&W Gallery felt like my first (and only) VC purchasing mistake.

It's all rather repetitive, and the incentive to get that higher score for me is basically none exsistent, unless there are unlockables! But even then..... :P And dude, I've made more than just one VC mistake....

Balloon Kid
Awful awful contols...

Cat Trap
All of the stage's themes which are boring are all the same and the 'One song only' for each character just loops and loops to the point where you feel like your brains are going to explode into King Hippo Pixel dust. Plus the frustration factor is off the charts with this one. I just couldn't be bothered with it.

Mr. Game & Watch Gallery
Repetitive, me no like high score driven titles. rawr rawr.

Avenging Spirit
The best of the 4, but even then it just didn't quite click with me.

I had the urge to want to give almost every VC game a try but now I'm watching carefully what I buy and i don't want to take risks on something that already doesn't exactly apeal to me(Mario's Picross and Blaster Master for ex). Diving into these games that don't exactly interest me are practically creating more lousy 3DS experiences. :p I also deleted Shinobi(I'm a Gaiden boy! :D) it's a good game and everything, but like 'Fortified Zone' i just don't like either being on my menu. They both completely lack the wow & PiZaZ' factor, polish and charm of lets say Ninja gaiden I & II and Contra for the NES. They're B grade in comparison!

Here's my current 3DS collecion which I'm totaly and most righteously Happy with. B-)

Super Mario Land
Kirby's Adventure
Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
Donkey Kong
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Gargoyle's Quest
Tetris

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

513. Posted:

Aw Catrap (lol cat rap) is not that bad, I still can't complete it but trying is fun. I feel the same about the DK gb game though for some reason I play Catrap more often than DK.

I think the VC games I play the most are Game and Watch Gallery (I love the modern Octopus music so much) and Mario's Picross... And Tetris if there's nothing else to play.

Zelda and SML 2 are both great too, but if I start to play Zelda again I won't have time for other games :D

My next purchase will be G&WG2.
I have been considering to buy Qix too, anyone has that one?

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

RR529

514. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

RR529 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

What did you guys think of Avenging Spirit? I thought it was pretty decent, but in the end i just wasn't quite satisfyed with it. It was defintily fun here and there, very challenging towards the end and had some solid chip tunes, but i dont know....It just didn't quite mesh with me.
Man i don't know what it is, but as I get older i find myself getting pickier with games and modern gaming in general....I'm not as a big of a hardcore gamer as many of you dudes are(at least when it comes to most modern stuff)...But at least 'Tetris' gave me a nice portable retro rebound and put a smile on my face. :D :p

But ya....even Mr Game & Watch Gallery didn't do much for me. High score based titles don't tickle my Freddy Krueger fancy, but I'll admit i got a nice little kick out of 'Octopus' Still fun after all these years. And while the new Mario based remakes deliver more varied, complex and superior gameplay i feel that they completely lack the charm of the originals.

Metroid II is the only VC left that sparks my interest. And Kirby's Dreamland 2 shall be the next muhahaha I think it's time i lay off the 3DS's VC and 3DSware and actually play some retail games for once. :p

I felt similarly about G&W Gallery. It was alright, but it just didn't do it for me (although I got a kick out of fire). When I just need to pick up something and play for a few minutes, I'm much more satisfied by Zen Pinball 3D, Alleyway, Kirby's Block Ball, or GB Tetris. G&W Gallery felt like my first (and only) VC purchasing mistake.

It's all rather repetitive, and the incentive to get that higher score for me is basically none exsistent, unless there are unlockables! But even then..... :P And dude, I've made more than just one VC mistake....

Balloon Kid
Awful awful contols...

Cat Trap
All of the stage's themes which are boring are all the same and the 'One song only' for each character just loops and loops to the point where you feel like your brains are going to explode into King Hippo Pixel dust. Plus the frustration factor is off the charts with this one. I just couldn't be bothered with it.

Mr. Game & Watch Gallery
Repetitive, me no like high score driven titles. rawr rawr.

Avenging Spirit
The best of the 4, but even then it just didn't quite click with me.

I had the urge to want to give almost every VC game a try but now I'm watching carefully what I buy and i don't want to take risks on something that already doesn't exactly apeal to me(Mario's Picross and Blaster Master for ex). Diving into these games that don't exactly interest me are practically creating more lousy 3DS experiences. :p I also deleted Shinobi(I'm a Gaiden boy! :D) it's a good game and everything, but like 'Fortified Zone' i just don't like either being on my menu. They both completely lack the wow & PiZaZ' factor, polish and charm of lets say Ninja gaiden I & II and Contra for the NES. They're B grade in comparison!

Here's my current 3DS collecion which I'm totaly and most righteously Happy with. B-)

Super Mario Land
Kirby's Adventure
Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
Donkey Kong
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Gargoyle's Quest
Tetris

My VC:
Super Mario Land (not the most polished platformer, but still fun, and it's quirks make it worth the price of admition).
Super Mario Land 2 (great game. Felt like a portable "World" with some unique themes).
Mario's Picross (got it through Club N. ended up enjoying it more than I thought I would. It'll keep you plenty busy, that's for sure).
Donkey Kong (loved it. by far the hardest GB platformer I've played, and it has quite a bit of content).
G&W Gallery (you know how I feel about it)
Alleyway (surprisingly enjoy it. It does nothing spectacular, but it wasn't setting out to do so in the first place)
Kirby's Block Ball (this isn't some mediocre block buster with Kirby slapped on it. It's truly a fun game)
Kirby's Dream Land (like SML, it's not outstanding, but it's still a fun game Nintendo afficionados need to play)
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (love it. It's tough, but figuring out the "correct" order in which to do things was rewarding)
Shinobi (it's like Mega Man, but with Ninjas. Awesome)
Bionic Commando (enjoyed it. It's pretty lengthy for a GB action title, the classic Capcom difficulty is present, and the grappling mechanics were interesting)
Gargoyle's Quest (mix tough action platforming with RPG elements. Yes please)
Tetris (simple, but addicting)
LoZ: Link's Awakening DX (my favorite VC title thus far. A full length Zelda adventure in my pocket for less than $10! What else do you need to know?).
Metroid II (love it. the environments can get a little same-y, but it's simply fantastic in every other area).

I might be missing a few (and I'm not going to list the 20 amb games), but I don't think s

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

pariah164

515. Posted:

Come next week, I will be taking a train from LA to Seattle. I'll have both my 3DS and my DSi XL with me. What games would you recommend to kill some time? I'm thinking about taking along the entire PW series, plus Tales of the Abyss; I need games to take care of me for both trips, since I have to take the train back as well. I don't have much of a backlog, since I took care of most of it, but Rune Factory 3 and Devil Survivor 2 still need finishing.

The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)

AuthorMessage

Birdman

516. Posted:

@pariah164 - For some good time killers, I recommend (in no particular order) Pushmo, Donkey Kong, Antipole, Aura-Aura Climber, Digger Dan & Kaboom, GO Series: Undead Storm, A Kappa's Trail, Number Battle, Starship Defense, Trajectile and X-Scape. All but the first two are in the DSi Shop, and the other two can be found (along with everything else) in the eSHop.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

517. Posted:

pariah164 wrote:

Come next week, I will be taking a train from LA to Seattle. I'll have both my 3DS and my DSi XL with me. What games would you recommend to kill some time? I'm thinking about taking along the entire PW series, plus Tales of the Abyss; I need games to take care of me for both trips, since I have to take the train back as well. I don't have much of a backlog, since I took care of most of it, but Rune Factory 3 and Devil Survivor 2 still need finishing.

[/div]

If you have Netflix thats a great help too since most trains have WiFi and if you are taking Amtrak than the route you are taking will have WiFi iirc. As for games MK7 would be a good one too especially online play using the WiFi I mentioned before.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Terave

518. Posted:

Star Fox 64 or Mario Tennis Open? It has to keep me busy for a while, so it needs good replayability.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

EvisceratorX

519. Posted:

So I've been wanting to get a 3DS fighter game and I'm kinda torn between SFIV3D, Tekken 3D, and DOAD. Which one of these is the superior fighting game? :) The only fighters I've ever played were a few of the Mortal Kombat games.

Evisceratorloggery
4 out of 3 people are bad with fractions.

AuthorMessage

Birdman

520. Posted:

@Terave - While I wouldn't say either of those games have good replay value, MTO probably has more meat to it than SF64. I don't know for sure, I don't own SF64 but I've heard a lot of people say it's fairly short but replayable.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062