Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 2,669

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

Ok thinking of picking up a new game for my 3DS and I am thinking of OoT 3D, but for someone who owns the original N64 cartridge, the Gamecube disc and the VC is there any reason besides the updated graphics and the portability that makes this game better than or worth owning over the others I mention?

[/div]

Well, it has the boss battle mode. It can be fun to battle your favorite bosses whenever you want, but I imagine even that has a limited appeal. It does one up the N64 and VC releases by including Master Quest, but as you have the GCN release, that's probably rendered mute (in addition to the reworked dungeons, relocated collectables, and tougher enemies in the original MQ, the MQ in the 3DS version also mirrors the world, but that doesn't seem like a major alteration, IMO). There are a few Skyward Sword Easter eggs thrown in, but aren't really worth a mention (and certainly shouldn't influence the average person's decision on whether or not to purchase the game). I'd say the only major upgrade (besides the graphics, and boss battle mode) is the portability.

EDIT: The original allowed you to allocate 3 items for immediate use, and this one allows for up to four spots (thanks to the touch screen), and the Ocarina is given it's own permanent button, so that practically opens up 5 items being easily accessed at once. There's also the new gyro controls (bow, boomerang, hookshot, slingshot, and first person viewing), but that's more of a novelty than anything.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Drawdler

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Nibelilt wrote:

Seriously...
All...
Of...
You...
Need...
To...
Buy...
Skylanders.

It's one of the best 3DS games out now. I daresay the only game out now, better than it, is Kid Icarus. And not by much.

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I would but one I cant even think of playing a Spryo game that isnt the first one and second the whole figure thing has turned me off to that game.

[/div]

[/div]

It's not even a Spyro game. They just slapped his name on for sales. Spyro's dead. Just like Crash.

[/div]

This is the one since the original three most akin to them, but sadly that's true. As the owner of the world's largest Spyro collection, it really pains me that there hasn't been a proper Spyro game since 2008 and probably won't be one until Skylanders is dead, maybe not even then.

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Tasuki

@Retro_on_theGo&RR529: Thanks for the info I just wasnt sure if there was like another dungeon thrown in or something added to the story to make it worth while to buy it again. As it is my favorite Zelda game of all time I think I will see if I can get this one used sometime down the road.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

e-love

@Tasuki, I would just get it for the better controls and graphics if I were you. Everything runs a lot smoother. I can't go back to the original. The 3DS one is without a doubt the best version. If you love Ocarina of Time you owe it to yourself to play it in its remastered form.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

ThePirateCaptain

How good is Shinobi if anyone has played it? I might pick it up but how long is it?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

RR529

iPancakez wrote:

How good is Shinobi if anyone has played it? I might pick it up but how long is it?

If you're talking about the Game Gear one on VC, I say get it. If you're talking about the 3DS retail game, I have no idea.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

BlueToad

Untitled
'nuff said.

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179
Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122
Australian :)

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179 | Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122 | Twitter:

Bread-Not-Toast

iPancakez wrote:

If your talking about the retail one.
It's a fun,but very hard game,with loads of content.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

rayword45

Anyone have any good cheaper ($20 or below) reccomendations? Looking at CRUSH 3D to get right now, but I'd like to keep my mind open.

My favorite games are those of the rhythm genre (Already have Bit. Trip Saga), platformers and puzzlers. Not a big fan of most FPS games, nor do I enjoy Sport Games. I'm also looking for something a bit innovative, which is why I'm looking at Crush

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

firearrow505

Is Sonic Gen for 3DS any good? i liked the one on 360 and saw they 3DS version for $30.

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

SonyFACE

rayword45 wrote:

Anyone have any good cheaper ($20 or below) reccomendations? Looking at CRUSH 3D to get right now, but I'd like to keep my mind open.

My favorite games are those of the rhythm genre (Already have Bit. Trip Saga), platformers and puzzlers. Not a big fan of most FPS games, nor do I enjoy Sport Games. I'm also looking for something a bit innovative, which is why I'm looking at Crush

[/div]

I would try out the CRUSH3D demo first to see if you like it.
@firearrow505 I second this, I'm looking into the game but don't know if I should get it.

Edited on by SonyFACE

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

rayword45

NINTENDOFACE wrote:

I would try out the CRUSH3D demo first to see if you like it.
@firearrow505 I second this, I'm looking into the game but don't know if I should get it.

I did enjoy the demo, but it was a bit challenging and I want to keep my mind open for other choices.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

CanisWolfred

You don't have many good ones at this time, unfortunately. Crush is a great, underappreciated game, though, so either way I'd recommend it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

moomoo

@rayword45 Are you open to regular DS games? If so, you have a ton of choices. As for 3DS, yeah, Crush is one of your only quality options.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

RR529

rayword45 wrote:

Both Dead or Alive Dimensions and Samurai Warriors Chronicles are also $20 now.

DOAD is one of the better 3DS games out there, it just got overshadowed by SSFIV3D (the reason it's down to $20). I actually enjoyed DOAD more than SF though.

Samurai Warriors can be a great time waster as well. There are tons of missions & playable characters. The biggest complaint is that the series hasn't evolved much since the first in the series, but if you havn't played one before, that shouldn't hold you back.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Mieu-Fire

firearrow505 wrote:

Is Sonic Gen for 3DS any good? i liked the one on 360 and saw they 3DS version for $30.

[/div]

yep its really fun its diffrent but you can have classic sonic do the homeing attack early in the game its not as good as the 360/ps3 but really fun if you played sonic rush its kinda similar but better

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Mieu-Fire

whats a good game on 3ds cause all i got is zelda oot mario kart 7 tales of the abyss mario 3d land rayman 3d starfox 64 3ds devil survior overclocked tekken 3d prime edition blazblue continuum shift cave story 3d sonic generation 3ds kid icarus uprising nano assault (im not counting my downloads cause theres alot so it take a while)

MANGO

RR529

mieu-fire wrote:

whats a good game on 3ds cause all i got is zelda oot mario kart 7 tales of the abyss mario 3d land rayman 3d starfox 64 3ds devil survior overclocked tekken 3d prime edition blazblue continuum shift cave story 3d sonic generation 3ds kid icarus uprising nano assault (im not counting my downloads cause theres alot so it take a while)

Dead or Alive Dimensions (Tecmo Koei), Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (Tecmo Koei), Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (Namco Bandai), and Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater (Konami) are all fantastic.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom) is also great, but I'd be sure to get DOAD first.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

firearrow505

mieu-fire wrote:

firearrow505 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

yep its really fun its diffrent but you can have classic sonic do the homeing attack early in the game its not as good as the 360/ps3 but really fun if you played sonic rush its kinda similar but better

I might pick it up, thanks.

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

RainbowDash

Terave wrote:

Alright: Shadow Wars or Pilotwings?

Shadow Wars. For $30 or less it's wonderful.

3DS FC: 4253-3490-5944
Steam: [TTPN] Rainbow Dash
Currently Playing:
Pikmin 2 (Wii)
Punch-Out!! (3DS Virtual Console)
Anticipated games:
Bomb Monkey (3DS eShop)
Paper Mario Sticker Star (3DS)
Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic