3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 481 to 500 of 1,637

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

481. Posted:

Anyone up for Kirby's Block Ball? Though I already have AlphaBounce (the definitive Breakout clone), is it worth it to have two games of the same genre?

Also, is Dead or Alive: Dimensions good enough to buy for $24.99 / $29.99? Or should I go for Super Street Fighter IV?

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

Terave

482. Posted:

@PrimedMetroid SSFIV isn't fun at all. You'd better get DOAD

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

Karakato

483. Posted:

Get DoA over SFIV as it has more substance IMO. Definitely worth the $30 I spent on it. Would give you around 25 hours of play time just to complete most of the challenges (Streetpass figure collecting aside). But it all depends on what you prefer actually, SF and DoA play alot differently.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

484. Posted:

yeah dead or alive on the 3ds is a good game, i don't have it. but i played the demo at best buy back at launch.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

Wesker

485. Posted:

Dead or Alive Dimensions is my most played game on the 3DS, and I've had the system since launch. Unless you hate fighting games or jiggly bits I can't see any reason not to get it

Wesker

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

486. Posted:

I'm not a big DOA fan, but does it suffer the same paper cut out people and animals in the background that don't move whatsoever like SSFIV? :p PLUS only 30 frames per second when 3D is enabled?

Seems like Tekken 3D was the only one to lock in 60fps with the 3D on, but it still suffered the same paper cut out people in the background.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

487. Posted:

@PrimedMetroid Dead or Alive in 3D--that's a system seller right there. ;) Kicking people out windows and down stairs never gets old. Nintendo only gamers may not realize this but, the gameplay is just as good as the console versions when you play it at 60fps. It's an extremely fun fighting game on or off the 3DS with enough content to warrant $25.

@Waveboy Stuff around your fighters move, like waterfalls, torch fires, and Ridley. Many environments are interactive or destructible in DOA too. The distant background textures can look out of focus, but that just wasn't a big deal for me.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Karakato

488. Posted:

@Waveboy no, The backgrounds I've seen have been fully rendered in 3d. Trust me, it is currently the best fighter you can get on the system. Plus I really don't mind the 30fps cut, the 3D effect makes the fights a bit more dynamic.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Wesker

489. Posted:

The graphics are really nice. Perhaps there isn't the complex shading or shininess that you would get on a home console, but the added depth from the 3D adds a lot to the experience.

Wesker

AuthorMessage

Chaoslink1

490. Posted:

Mario Tennis Open or Rayman Origins, I like Mario Tennis but it's a bit to repetitive i think and i'm not to much into sports games but rayman origins also looks like a really fun platformer.

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Twitter: Chaoslink1

AuthorMessage

RR529

491. Posted:

Like everyone else has been saying, DOAD is much better than SSFIV3D. They're both fun games, but Street Fighter is a port, and it shows (while DOAD was built for 3DS). Also, SF has everything unlocked from the start (where's the fun in that), and DOAD has a Metroid arena (epic win).

Everyone I know whom has played both prefers DOAD, yet the gaming media seem to have preferred SSFIV (usually putting it just one spot higher on "best of" 3DS lists). Odd...

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

492. Posted:

Well here's hoping Soul Calibur V 3D kicks them all straight in the gonads. :p And I really hope the new Mortal Kombat makes it's way onto the 3DS(Wishful thinking i know) because that would definitly be a day one buy for me without question. B-)

As for DOA...Please tell me the Online matches are almost completely lag free. I won't bother with Tekken 3D, not only does it suffer from the dreaded SSFIV Paper cut out statis people in the background but it's tekken...Which is possibly my most hated fighting around. :p Robotic and lifeless it tis'

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

TwilightPoint

493. Posted:

@Chaoslink1 I would go for Mario Tennis Open. The 3DS version of Rayman Origins looks like the worst version. If you are going to go for Rayman Origins get it for PC or any console you have, it will likely be better and cheaper.

Edited on by TwilightPoint

TwilightPoint

AuthorMessage

RR529

494. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Well here's hoping Soul Calibur V 3D kicks them all straight in the gonads. :p And I really hope the new Mortal Kombat makes it's way onto the 3DS(Wishful thinking i know) because that would definitly be a day one buy for me without question. B-)

As for DOA...Please tell me the Online matches are almost completely lag free. I won't bother with Tekken 3D, not only does it suffer from the dreaded SSFIV Paper cut out statis people in the background but it's tekken...Which is possibly my most hated fighting around. :p Robotic and lifeless it tis'

As for lag, I'd say DOAD is around the same as SSFIV3D. Although the online is leagues more enjoyable because you won't run into anyone spamming touch specials, If that's any consolation. There are touch combos, true, but every single possible combo (even little punches and kicks) has one, and you have to scroll through them, so it's virtually impossible for them to be of use outside of training.

As for Soulcalibur, I really hope that series gets a 3DS installment too, but anything but V! Why they felt the need to replace half of the cast is beyond me (yes, I know it's set 17 years in the future to the last one, but it's a very magical series, so there's no reason they find a way to keep many characters young). Whatever is released (or if anything is released), I want guest Link and/or Pit :)

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

495. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

As for lag, I'd say DOAD is around the same as SSFIV3D. Although the online is leagues more enjoyable because you won't run into anyone spamming touch specials, If that's any consolation. There are touch combos, true, but every single possible combo (even little punches and kicks) has one, and you have to scroll through them, so it's virtually impossible for them to be of use outside of training.

As for Soulcalibur, I really hope that series gets a 3DS installment too, but anything but V! Why they felt the need to replace half of the cast is beyond me (yes, I know it's set 17 years in the future to the last one, but it's a very magical series, so there's no reason they find a way to keep many characters young). Whatever is released (or if anything is released), I want guest Link and/or Pit :)

I have to agree with you on the cast for SC V. I dont know why but figting games always seem that at one point they have to revamp the fighters Capcom did it for SF III MK did it for MK IV. I understand that they dont want to be doing the same old thing but come on when you take out alot of the fan favorites and give us characters that cant even compare to them it makes a horrible game.

As for Link in a SC game just pick up SC II on Gamecube. That game right there is the main reason I picked up the Gamecube.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

496. Posted:

Kid Icarus or Zelda 3D

Edited on by shingi_70

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CosmoXY

497. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Kid Icarus or Zelda 3D

If you can't have both, I'd go with Kid Icarus. It's a brand new game, built from the ground up for 3DS. Tons of replayability and content. I'd say it's a benchmark 3DS game. Not to say that Zelda isn't, but it's a remake, so if you've played it before go with Kid.

That said, I have both and love them both very much!

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

498. Posted:

What did you guys think of Avenging Spirit? I thought it was pretty decent, but in the end i just wasn't quite satisfyed with it. It was defintily fun here and there, very challenging towards the end and had some solid chip tunes, but i dont know....It just didn't quite mesh with me.
Man i don't know what it is, but as I get older i find myself getting pickier with games and modern gaming in general....I'm not as a big of a hardcore gamer as many of you dudes are(at least when it comes to most modern stuff)...But at least 'Tetris' gave me a nice portable retro rebound and put a smile on my face. :D :p

But ya....even Mr Game & Watch Gallery didn't do much for me. High score based titles don't tickle my Freddy Krueger fancy, but I'll admit i got a nice little kick out of 'Octopus' Still fun after all these years. And while the new Mario based remakes deliver more varied, complex and superior gameplay i feel that they completely lack the charm of the originals.

Metroid II is the only VC left that sparks my interest. And Kirby's Dreamland 2 shall be the next muhahaha I think it's time i lay off the 3DS's VC and 3DSware and actually play some retail games for once. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

499. Posted:

Kinioka wrote:

Does anyone have CRUSH3D? I tried the demo, it's fun...but Is it that hard or challenging like some reviews say? It's cheap at the moment, like every Sega game but i'm divided between Crush3d and Shifting world. I want some puzzle game :/

I had the PSP version and could never beat it. The later levels, challenge levels, and 100%'s were hard. Though not impossible. I'm not sure how much they changed, but it's perfectly beatable and very fun from what I played.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

500. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

What did you guys think of Avenging Spirit? I thought it was pretty decent, but in the end i just wasn't quite satisfyed with it. It was defintily fun here and there, very challenging towards the end and had some solid chip tunes, but i dont know....It just didn't quite mesh with me.
Man i don't know what it is, but as I get older i find myself getting pickier with games and modern gaming in general....I'm not as a big of a hardcore gamer as many of you dudes are(at least when it comes to most modern stuff)...But at least 'Tetris' gave me a nice portable retro rebound and put a smile on my face. :D :p

But ya....even Mr Game & Watch Gallery didn't do much for me. High score based titles don't tickle my Freddy Krueger fancy, but I'll admit i got a nice little kick out of 'Octopus' Still fun after all these years. And while the new Mario based remakes deliver more varied, complex and superior gameplay i feel that they completely lack the charm of the originals.

Metroid II is the only VC left that sparks my interest. And Kirby's Dreamland 2 shall be the next muhahaha I think it's time i lay off the 3DS's VC and 3DSware and actually play some retail games for once. :p

I felt similarly about G&W Gallery. It was alright, but it just didn't do it for me (although I got a kick out of fire). When I just need to pick up something and play for a few minutes, I'm much more satisfied by Zen Pinball 3D, Alleyway, Kirby's Block Ball, or GB Tetris. G&W Gallery felt like my first (and only) VC purchasing mistake.

Currently Playing: