3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 461 to 480 of 2,091

AuthorMessage
astros75

astros75

461. Posted:

Does anyone know where I can find a list of 3DS/DS games with single-card download play? My little brother just got a 3ds and we've been playing Starfox 64 3d & Mario Kart 7 with download play. It made me want to buy a few more games with the download play feature, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite 3DS Games:
Fire Emblem: Awk. ~ Mario Kart 7 ~ Animal Crossing: NL ~ Luigis Mansion: DM
Res. Evil: Rev ~ Super Mario 3d Land ~

Favorite WiiU Games:
Pikmin 3 ~ DK: Tropical Freeze ~ MK8

Nintendo Network ID: astros75

AuthorMessage
EvilLucario

EvilLucario

462. Posted:

astros75 wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a list of 3DS/DS games with single-card download play? My little brother just got a 3ds and we've been playing Starfox 64 3d & Mario Kart 7 with download play. It made me want to buy a few more games with the download play feature, any info would be greatly appreciated.

DS:

  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario 64 DS
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  • Metroid Prime Hunters

3DS:

  • Steel Diver
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (downloaded guy can only play as Ryu, though)
    Though it's not Download Play, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars only uses one 3DS system for multiplayer.

Will add in more if I think of more.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
astros75

astros75

463. Posted:

DS:

  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario 64 DS
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  • Metroid Prime Hunters

3DS:

  • Steel Diver
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (downloaded guy can only play as Ryu, though)
    Though it's not Download Play, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars only uses one 3DS system for multiplayer.

Will add in more if I think of more.

Thanks! I saw that Meteos was also a download play game and bought it for $6 on amazon. Hope its fun! So far the only other game im interested in aside from the ones you mentioned is Mario Party DS

Favorite 3DS Games:
Fire Emblem: Awk. ~ Mario Kart 7 ~ Animal Crossing: NL ~ Luigis Mansion: DM
Res. Evil: Rev ~ Super Mario 3d Land ~

Favorite WiiU Games:
Pikmin 3 ~ DK: Tropical Freeze ~ MK8

Nintendo Network ID: astros75

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

464. Posted:

Hope it's fun? Meteos is up there with Tetris in terms of Puzzling Perfection. You;re in for more than just fun, my friend.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
EvilLucario

EvilLucario

465. Posted:

I will need to get Sonic Generations. It is worth the $29.99? Or should I just stick to Pokémon Conquest? I mean, the only things I heard that was negative to Sonic Generations was its length. Is it really as bad as anyone says it is?

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Ron_DelVillanoAdmin

Ron_DelVillano

466. Posted:

PrimedMetroid wrote:

I will need to get Sonic Generations. It is worth the $29.99? Or should I just stick to Pokémon Conquest? I mean, the only things I heard that was negative to Sonic Generations was its length. Is it really as bad as anyone says it is?

I played the PS3 version. Saying that Sonic Generations is a good game is like saying that the freshest turd on a pile of turds is the best because it's the freshest.

It's still a turd.

Nintendo Life staff

I write a daily webcomic about an average high school werewolf named Duane.

Nintendo Network ID: broomhandle | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
MrArcade

MrArcade

467. Posted:

Hmmm should i get super monkey ball or wait for rayman origins?

MrArcade

AuthorMessage
TheN64Dude

TheN64Dude

468. Posted:

If your thinking about getting Sonic Generations I recommend Sonic Generations on 3DS. It has better levels like Casino Night, Mushroom Hill, Emerald Coast, Radical Highway, and even Tropical Resort. Not to mention bosses like Big Arm from Sonic 3, Biolizard from SA2, or Egg Emperor from Sonic Heroes. It also has Special Stages, 100 Missions, Online Racing, and a customizable profile. It is one addicting game and the second most played game on my 3DS.

Get "N" or Get Out!

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

469. Posted:

Besen wrote:

PrimedMetroid wrote:

I will need to get Sonic Generations. It is worth the $29.99? Or should I just stick to Pokémon Conquest? I mean, the only things I heard that was negative to Sonic Generations was its length. Is it really as bad as anyone says it is?

I played the PS3 version. Saying that Sonic Generations is a good game is like saying that the freshest turd on a pile of turds is the best because it's the freshest.

It's still a turd.

I respectfully disagree. And by that I mean I'll be waiting for you in Town Square at High noon. :P

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Ron_DelVillanoAdmin

Ron_DelVillano

470. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I respectfully disagree. And by that I mean I'll be waiting for you in Town Square at High noon. :P

Oh, I'll be there. Guns a blazin'

Seriously though, all a sonic game really needs to do is be fun, and I thought that Sonic Generations failed to do that. If you enjoyed it, then I hope you keep playing it. More power to ya.

Nintendo Life staff

I write a daily webcomic about an average high school werewolf named Duane.

Nintendo Network ID: broomhandle | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

471. Posted:

I'm completely on the Fry Guy funkity' fuzzy Fence based on getting Dillon's Rolling Adventure, plus I'm not quite sure about Sakura Samuria..But that's only because of the Samurai characters and setting. Ya....Anything Western or samurai based doesn' really interest me, but at the core Sakura Samurai plays a bit like Punch-Out!! which is an automatic win for me, but I'm not jumping out of my seat to download it.

I think, i'm actually more in the mood to finally play Super Mario 3D Land. it's about bloody time after all! B-)
I've got a mad itch for Steel Diver as well, then there's Kid Icarus Uprising(which feels almost overhelming to get into due to the weapon RPG-elements! :p) and Mario Kart 7

PS: What did you guys think of Avenging Spriit? I felt it was pretty darn decent i must say. I wasn't hopping out of my sparkling mullet over it, but it's definitly one of the more interesting and unique VC titles of the bunch!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
MrArcade

MrArcade

472. Posted:

@WaveBoy i like your abstract comments, keep it up.

MrArcade

AuthorMessage
hellokitty216

hellokitty216

473. Posted:

MrArcade wrote:

Hmmm should i get super monkey ball or wait for rayman origins?

Super Monkey Ball is the first game I bought and I hate it. I've played it all of one time and it sucks. It's redundant and boring. Playing when moving the 3ds doesn't work as well as using the controls.

Pretty girls game too!
Hello Kitty is my homegirl. <3
What's a MILF?

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

474. Posted:

@HelloKitty216
redundant and boring best describes it. The only reason i kept playing was because of the 3D effect. Without it's easily the worst 3DS game I've ever played. Ubran Champion with a friend will even give you more entertainment! :p

@MrArcade
Spicoli & Pauly Shore wouldn't want it any other way bud!. :0 :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
MrArcade

MrArcade

475. Posted:

Well i'll take your opinion into consideration, but i need more than just one to make a fair decision.

MrArcade

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

476. Posted:

MrArcade wrote:

Well i'll take your opinion into consideration, but i need more than just one to make a fair decision.

Any Monkey Ball fan would completely shun SMB 3D, it's a complete disgrace to the franchise. Why? The level design is completely watered down with the 'casual' in mind....and I mean COMPLETELY It's like Sega hired a bunch of monkies to do the work for them, there's practically no challenge to be found and the fantastic and devilishly tricky Stage design of the previous titles(can't speak for Step 'n Roll or the other portables) is Vamoos! :p

You'd be MUCH better off scoring Banana Blitz for the Wii, that game was an ultra Blitz to the Beebop & Rocksteady B-). I still feel that it's the best in the franchise. The jump mechanic was just awesome and breathed life into the franchise and got rid of that restricted 'locked down' feeling and the Motion controls especially felt oh so right....They just made sense, considering YOU were tilting the boards. B-)
Which was another problem i had with SMB3D, i hat to resort back to analog controls which i just couldn't get into and was nowhere near as intuitive and fun.

The Gyro controls seem alright, but they ruin the 3D effect, so i didn't really give them a chance.
You should scroll down NL's SMB3D review 'comments' or read some of the reader reviews on IGN. It's a completely mediocre experience, strip away the 3D effect and it feels like a complete pointless & waste of time. The best thing to come out of it? The 3D pop up book stories that apear before each new world you go to. :D

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Kinioka

Kinioka

477. Posted:

Does anyone have CRUSH3D? I tried the demo, it's fun...but Is it that hard or challenging like some reviews say? It's cheap at the moment, like every Sega game but i'm divided between Crush3d and Shifting world. I want some puzzle game :/

Hallelujah.

AuthorMessage
MrArcade

MrArcade

478. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

MrArcade wrote:

Well i'll take your opinion into consideration, but i need more than just one to make a fair decision.

Any Monkey Ball fan would completely shun SMB 3D, it's a complete disgrace to the franchise. Why? The level design is completely watered down with the 'casual' in mind....and I mean COMPLETELY It's like Sega hired a bunch of monkies to do the work for them, there's practically no challenge to be found and the fantastic and devilishly tricky Stage design of the previous titles(can't speak for Step 'n Roll or the other portables) is Vamoos! :p

You'd be MUCH better off scoring Banana Blitz for the Wii, that game was an ultra Blitz to the Beebop & Rocksteady B-). I still feel that it's the best in the franchise. The jump mechanic was just awesome and breathed life into the franchise and got rid of that restricted 'locked down' feeling and the Motion controls especially felt oh so right....They just made sense, considering YOU were tilting the boards. B-)
Which was another problem i had with SMB3D, i hat to resort back to analog controls which i just couldn't get into and was nowhere near as intuitive and fun.

The Gyro controls seem alright, but they ruin the 3D effect, so i didn't really give them a chance.
You should scroll down NL's SMB3D review 'comments' or read some of the reader reviews on IGN. It's a completely mediocre experience, strip away the 3D effect and it feels like a complete pointless & waste of time. The best thing to come out of it? The 3D pop up book stories that apear before each new world you go to. :D

Well OK thanks, i'll take your word for it. I like casual games and I may get it later down the line if i find it pre-owned for like £10, right now though i'll save for Rayman Origins.

MrArcade

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

479. Posted:

It's going for $19.99 on Amazon on i think, hell you could probably score it for $10-$15 on eBay if You're that curious. :p

Currently Playing: 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
EvilLucario

EvilLucario

480. Posted:

Anyone up for Kirby's Block Ball? Though I already have AlphaBounce (the definitive Breakout clone), is it worth it to have two games of the same genre?

Also, is Dead or Alive: Dimensions good enough to buy for $24.99 / $29.99? Or should I go for Super Street Fighter IV?

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: