3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 421 to 440 of 1,888

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveyChristmas

421. Posted:

Final Warning everyone. Stay far far away from Super Monkey Ball 3D the only redeeming factor here is the nice 3D effect it gives the game. :p Banana Blitz(craptastic mini games aside) completely blows this one out of the water, no contest.

So uh, are there any dudes & dudettes who have a massive crush on Steel Driver? B-)

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mastersworddude

422. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Final Warning everyone. Stay far far away from Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz the only redeeming factor here is the nice 3D effect it gives the game. :p Banana Blitz(craptastic mini games aside) completely blows this one out of the water, no contest.

So uh, are there any dudes & dudettes who have a massive crush on Steel Driver? B-)

I didn't know Banana Blitz was on 3DS. ( ;D )

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

423. Posted:

I think when I get my 3DS I am getting NIntendogs and Mario Kart 7. Hows that sound?

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveyChristmas

424. Posted:

Gargoyles Quest is all sorts of portable Awesomeness.
I think this Ghost 'n Goblin spinoff staring none other than FireBrand is going to be one of my new favorite franchises. B-) It's so Ghoulish And Gargtastic.(oh man, i think i just struck a new all time low) Sup! :p

Untitled

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

425. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Gargoyles Quest is all sorts of portable Awesomeness.
I think this Ghost 'n Goblin spinoff staring none other than FireBrand is going to be one of my new favorite franchises. B-) It's so Ghoulish And Gargtastic.(oh man, i think i just struck a new all time low) Sup! :p

Untitled

I second the recommendation of Gargoyle's Quest. The tough platforming is really fun, and I really appreciate the RPG touches. If you're into platformers, and want to expand your horizons into RPGs (or vice versa), this would be the perfect game to play. If you happen to like both genres (like me), it makes the game even sweeter.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveyChristmas

426. Posted:

Personally i wish the the entire RPG aspect would of been ditched, i absolutely hate those random repetitive encounters. :p I'd rather just straight up play the main sidescroller stages. Speaking of, they're pretty great, and the challenge is high with this one obiwan! B-) 2 hits and it's lights out! Hell, FireBrand even explodes just like Mega Man which automatically makes this game a perfect 10 :p Nah! Anyways, I can't wait to get my mega mits on Gargoyles Quest II for the NES and Demon's Crest for the SNES down the road. Shall be Gargcool....oh god. lol

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

427. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Personally i wish the the entire RPG aspect would of been ditched, i absolutely hate those random repetitive encounters. :p I'd rather just straight up play the main sidescroller stages. Speaking of, they're pretty great, and the challenge is high with this one obiwan! B-) 2 hits and it's lights out! Hell, FireBrand even explodes just like Mega Man which automatically makes this game a perfect 10 :p Nah! Anyways, I can't wait to get my mega mits on Gargoyles Quest II for the NES and Demon's Crest for the SNES down the road. Shall be Gargcool....oh god. lol

Still, the random encounters are very few and far between (especially compared to an actual RPG), and the action-platforming style of the fights completely negates the stigma of the concept (IMO). Also, as a fan of RPGs (and the lack of them on 3DS, especially at the time), it scratched an itch for me (most others I've heard praise the game, enjoyed the RPG aspects as well). Whatever strikes your fancy though, we all have unique tastes :)

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

428. Posted:

PrimedMetroid wrote:

From what I've seen, Mario Tennis Open = Mario Kart 7, in how play time will go. Being a solo player myself, I don't really like going online, so the biggest appeal of Mario Kart 7 and Mario Tennis Open just doesn't cut it for me.

Total reverse of this for me so I'm pretty hyped about Mario Tennis. The best thing about Kid Icarus was the depth of it's online mode IMO so that's why both Mario Kart and Kid Icarus are two of the most played games on my 3DS. I expect Mario Tennis to be the same :)

Oh, and the fact that Starfox lacked an online mode hurt it a bit IMO. I still go and play vs the CPU though and if Starfox wasn't literally at the bottom of the pile when I get local 3DS multiplayer going maybe I'd be doing some more of that.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveyChristmas

429. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Personally i wish the the entire RPG aspect would of been ditched, i absolutely hate those random repetitive encounters. :p I'd rather just straight up play the main sidescroller stages. Speaking of, they're pretty great, and the challenge is high with this one obiwan! B-) 2 hits and it's lights out! Hell, FireBrand even explodes just like Mega Man which automatically makes this game a perfect 10 :p Nah! Anyways, I can't wait to get my mega mits on Gargoyles Quest II for the NES and Demon's Crest for the SNES down the road. Shall be Gargcool....oh god. lol

Still, the random encounters are very few and far between (especially compared to an actual RPG), and the action-platforming style of the fights completely negates the stigma of the concept (IMO). Also, as a fan of RPGs (and the lack of them on 3DS, especially at the time), it scratched an itch for me (most others I've heard praise the game, enjoyed the RPG aspects as well). Whatever strikes your fancy though, we all have unique tastes :)

The random encounters seem like they're practically going on every 5 seconds for the most part, or at least with the area I'm currently cruising. :p It's seriously irritating the hell out of me to the point where i just want to turn the freakin game off(Which i finally did), but that's in combination of being stuck based on where to go. Now I'm absolutely fine with being stuck, but there's nothing worse than trying to find out where to go while being smothered by random encounters only seconds apart. I'm supposed to get a Wing upgrade so I can pass a bridge area apperantly and I feel like I'm walking around in circles . :p It's wierd, Zelda II's suprise encounters never really bothered me too much, but in GQ? Ugh!

Gargoyles Quest remindes me of my experience with ActRaiser Totaly dug the Side Scrolling stages, but the other half consisting of of the Town/Sim gameplay completely derailed me. Chrono Trigger was the 'only' RPG i honestly ever enjoyed, at least the 8 hours i put into it before calling it quits due to the turn based combant finally taking it's toll on me.

By the way how long is Gargoyle's Quest?

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

430. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

RR529 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Personally i wish the the entire RPG aspect would of been ditched, i absolutely hate those random repetitive encounters. :p I'd rather just straight up play the main sidescroller stages. Speaking of, they're pretty great, and the challenge is high with this one obiwan! B-) 2 hits and it's lights out! Hell, FireBrand even explodes just like Mega Man which automatically makes this game a perfect 10 :p Nah! Anyways, I can't wait to get my mega mits on Gargoyles Quest II for the NES and Demon's Crest for the SNES down the road. Shall be Gargcool....oh god. lol

Still, the random encounters are very few and far between (especially compared to an actual RPG), and the action-platforming style of the fights completely negates the stigma of the concept (IMO). Also, as a fan of RPGs (and the lack of them on 3DS, especially at the time), it scratched an itch for me (most others I've heard praise the game, enjoyed the RPG aspects as well). Whatever strikes your fancy though, we all have unique tastes :)

The random encounters seem like they're practically going on every 5 seconds for the most part, or at least with the area I'm currently cruising. :p It's seriously irritating the hell out of me to the point where i just want to turn the freakin game off(Which i finally did), but that's in combination of being stuck based on where to go. Now I'm absolutely fine with being stuck, but there's nothing worse than trying to find out where to go while being smothered by random encounters only seconds apart. I'm supposed to get a Wing upgrade so I can pass a bridge area apperantly and I feel like I'm walking around in circles . :p It's wierd, Zelda II's suprise encounters never really bothered me too much, but in GQ? Ugh!

Gargoyles Quest remindes me of my experience with ActRaiser Totaly dug the Side Scrolling stages, but the other half consisting of of the Town/Sim gameplay completely derailed me. Chrono Trigger was the 'only' RPG i honestly ever enjoyed, at least the 8 hours i put into it before calling it quits due to the turn based combant finally taking it's toll on me.

By the way how long is Gargoyle's Quest?

As for the wing upgrade (if you don't want the advice, skip to the next paragraph), go north from the first village that you came across after leaving that little cave. You'll soon see a tree (looks different from the rest), check it and you'll get the upgrade.

As for length, I'd say it isn't too long. Actually shorter than I thought it would be considering the RPG influence. Much more akin to other GB action games.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveyChristmas

431. Posted:

@RR529
Thanks for the tip. But yup! I ended up getting the wing upgrade and eventually making it to the next stage which i beat on my 3rd or fourth try. After getting the nail/jump upgrade and making it to the desert area with the wind that constantly pushes you while being acompinied by those lametastic random encounters. Once again it started to get to me, and i offed the game faster than you wouldn't believe. I mean while i enjoy the SideScroller based 'main' stages I just don't feel compelled to actually play the game, possibly knowing that more of those random encounters await me. I'm done with this one, i just can't get into it.

maybe it's because everytime i play it it's late at night, I'm tired and the soon to be 'early' summer heat is getting to me. :p It's bad enough that the random enounters when done...Takes 5 seconds to acknowledge that you killed the enemie/s on screen, then a 5 second jingle comes on afterwards. Then you cruise the Overhead environment for 5 seconds and BAM, random encounter happens again. Rinse, repeat. :p

Still the platforming, ability upgrades and rock hard challenge make the main stages pretty fun to play, but even then i just keep losing interest.
This is ActRaiser all over again. lol Does Demon's Crest for the SNES have the same RPG elements as well? If the random encounters are history and the other RPG elements are intact I'd be prefectly fine with it.

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

432. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Still the platforming, ability upgrades and rock hard challenge make the main stages pretty fun to play, but even then i just keep losing interest.
This is ActRaiser all over again. lol Does Demon's Crest for the SNES have the same RPG elements as well? If the random encounters are history and the other RPG elements are intact I'd be prefectly fine with it.

I've only played Gargoyle's Quest (thanks to the eShop), so I wouldn't know how Demon's Crest goes about things, sorry.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cc-plus

433. Posted:

This might sound blasphemous but I am finally dabbling into the Zelda series for the first time so what a great introduction Ocarina of Time 3D should be! I'm about 20 hours into the game at the forest temple (?) but a puzzle stumped me and I've lost interest and moved on to another game. Part of me wants to retry it for the fantastic music and charming story but I just get bogged down by the backtracking through the empty overworld and seeing dungeon after dungeon.

Should I press on with OOT or is it time for me to throw in the towel and watch the cutscenes on Youtube? XD I was told that the game picks up near the point where Link grows up. It kind of did but I think it was just the feeling of relief after completing Jabu Jabu's Belly. The dungeons are really dragging down the story for me and I'm worried the game is going to be more of the same. (Is the water temple really as bad as people say?)

How does Link's Awakening on VC compare? The eshop video looked a little more fast paced and less dungeon heavy. Please correct me if I'm wrong! I really want to like this series.

cc-plus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

fishman100

434. Posted:

Continue with OoT3D! Don't abandon it just because you're stumped on a puzzle; trust me the game gets better after the Forest Temple. The Water Temple is challenging for the first time, but they've made it easier in OoT3D. Go use a walkthrough if you have to, but don't abandon it!

I can't offer anything as to LA, only because I haven't played it yet :(

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

435. Posted:

@cc-plus, try finishing OoT3D. While I wasn't new to Zelda when I played it, it was the first time I played any version of OoT, and I didn't think the Water Temple was nearly as bad as I thought it would be (as mentioned by someone else earlier, they made things a bit clearer in this version). As for being stuck on a puzzle, that's just part of the Zelda experience. You're bound to get utterly stuck once or twice, then it just magically sort of clicks (could take an hour, a day, or even a week, but it just clicks).

As for the Link's Awakening question, it only has one less (main) dungeon than OoT. Zelda is pretty much built on complete task, go to dungeon, complete task, go to dungeon, ect, so you're pretty much going to get a similar feel for each (although, there is plenty of room for exploration, side quests, and mini-games to keep you busy if you get bogged down with the main quest). I actually found LA to be more difficult than OoT3D.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

436. Posted:

cc-plus wrote:

Should I press on with OOT or is it time for me to throw in the towel and watch the cutscenes on Youtube? XD I was told that the game picks up near the point where Link grows up. It kind of did but I think it was just the feeling of relief after completing Jabu Jabu's Belly. The dungeons are really dragging down the story for me and I'm worried the game is going to be more of the same. (Is the water temple really as bad as people say?)

Can't tell you much about Link's Awakening, but I can tell you that OoT's puzzles only get harder. Puzzles are like the meat of the Zelda series sandwich, more so than story. You might like Skyward Sword better than any other Zelda (unless you dislike motion controls). It's cinematic and the puzzles play a new surprisingly minor role in the game. Even if you do get stuck, Fi will usually tells you what to do before you even do it and there's also an in game hint system back at Skyloft.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveyChristmas

437. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Still the platforming, ability upgrades and rock hard challenge make the main stages pretty fun to play, but even then i just keep losing interest.
This is ActRaiser all over again. lol Does Demon's Crest for the SNES have the same RPG elements as well? If the random encounters are history and the other RPG elements are intact I'd be prefectly fine with it.

I've only played Gargoyle's Quest (thanks to the eShop), so I wouldn't know how Demon's Crest goes about things, sorry.

Well, I've had a complete change of gnarly heart for Gargoyle's Quest B-) I started fresh right back at the beginning, played it when it wasn't brutaly hot and when i wasn't tired out of my mondo mega mind. :p Still, my only minor beef with it are the random encounters, which are sometimes just seconds apart but it's no real biggie considering these are just minor and linear parts of the game. The Platforming is bodaciously brilliant and the challenge is justttt right. I'm currently on Stage 5, and I'll probably have it finished by tonight considering there's 10 stages...and because I've got the platforming skills to pay the General Tragg bills if you know what i mean. B-)

Yup, I've got a Ghoulish crush on this Quest, and I can't wait to get it's NES sequal and Demon's Crest for the SNES down the line espeically! :D

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EvilLucario

438. Posted:

Everyone, drop everything you have in your hands except your 3DS and listen: buy Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy. It has soooo much content and unlockables that it makes my head spin! Even though it's a semi-remake of Ace Combat 2 (in terms of story) and has no multiplayer, it's still worth going through for the awesome campaign, brilliant 3D effects and usefulness that rivals Super Mario 3D Land (eat your heart out WaveBoy :D), an amazing soundtrack on par with Super Metroid / Metroid Prime, fast gameplay, and high replay value. Don't dismiss this game because of the lack of multiplayer: the content there is packed with goodness, and it'll take you weeks just to get and S rank on every mission on every difficulty level, getting all of the aircraft, weapons, and armor, and getting the achievements. Plus, you can save replays into extra data in your SD card. However, you can't bring it onto a computer. :(

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

439. Posted:

PrimedMetroid wrote:

Everyone, drop everything you have in your hands except your 3DS and listen: buy Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy. It has soooo much content and unlockables that it makes my head spin! Even though it's a semi-remake of Ace Combat 2 (in terms of story) and has no multiplayer, it's still worth going through for the awesome campaign, brilliant 3D effects and usefulness that rivals Super Mario 3D Land (eat your heart out WaveBoy :D), an amazing soundtrack on par with Super Metroid / Metroid Prime, fast gameplay, and high replay value. Don't dismiss this game because of the lack of multiplayer: the content there is packed with goodness, and it'll take you weeks just to get and S rank on every mission on every difficulty level, getting all of the aircraft, weapons, and armor, and getting the achievements. Plus, you can save replays into extra data in your SD card. However, you can't bring it onto a computer. :(

Love that game! Been awhile since I've played it. Maybe I'll pop it back in after I finish up Minish Cap.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EvilLucario

440. Posted:

skywake wrote:

PrimedMetroid wrote:

From what I've seen, Mario Tennis Open = Mario Kart 7, in how play time will go. Being a solo player myself, I don't really like going online, so the biggest appeal of Mario Kart 7 and Mario Tennis Open just doesn't cut it for me.

Total reverse of this for me so I'm pretty hyped about Mario Tennis. The best thing about Kid Icarus was the depth of it's online mode IMO so that's why both Mario Kart and Kid Icarus are two of the most played games on my 3DS. I expect Mario Tennis to be the same :)

Oh, and the fact that Starfox lacked an online mode hurt it a bit IMO. I still go and play vs the CPU though and if Starfox wasn't literally at the bottom of the pile when I get local 3DS multiplayer going maybe I'd be doing some more of that.

Ok, I admit that I still play Kid Icarus: Uprising online. However, for the online to carry the game by itself isn't what I look for in a game. See, multiplayer in Kid Icarus is a a SUPPLEMENT to the meaty campaign, and the campaign is the reason why I boot up Kid Icarus. Not for the itch to beat down some anonymous fools with my Magnus Club. I boot it up to replay Chapter 15. I just can't get enough of Phyrron's voice. B-)

Plus, no matter how much fun Star Fox 64's multiplayer is, the campaign is the true meat of Star Fox, and Nintendo in general.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario