3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 381 to 400 of 1,796

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

381. Posted:

It's cheesy and annoying and tries too hard to be funny. Every bit I've been exposed to has made me cringe. I seriously doubt I'd be able to make it through that game if I had to listen to it every time.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

382. Posted:

MIckey 'Mac' doesn't like Cheesy? There is no god.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

383. Posted:

Yeah, I've noticed outside the beginning the game quickly becomes really hit or miss with it's jokes. I'm pretty sure one of the funniest parts was immediately followed by a joke so bad it made me stop laughing immediately. More hits than misses though.

Granted if you hate the self-aware humor, you should avoid an absurd amount of games, movies, comics, anime, or anything at all from the past decade.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

liavcol

384. Posted:

I highly recommend on these 3DS games (they all a part of my collection):
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Green Lantern Rise of the Manhunters
-Rayman 3D
-Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3D
-Cubic Ninja

Email: liavcol@gmail.com
3DS friend code: 4768-7500-0239
Currently Playing:
Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U)

Nintendo Network ID: LiavKatry

AuthorMessage

Lan

385. Posted:

I need help. I wanna get a 3DS game, but I'm not sure which. I want all of the following:
Street Fighter IV
Tekken 3D
DOA Dimensions
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Zelda: OOT
MGS 3D
RE: R
Star Fox 3D

I'm leaning towards Mario Kart because of good singleplayer and multiplayer. But I dunno yet. What do you guys think?

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

Willerz

386. Posted:

The games you've listed are some of the best on the system! :)
I would reccomend Mario Kart 7. It really is the killer app for the 3DS at the moment. There's plenty to unlock, online multiplayer etc. I'd also recommend Super Mario 3D Land, although if you are an experienced Mario player you might find it to be short/easy like I did. Nonetheless, I still found It enjoyable.
I'd only get Zelda if you've never played the original or at least haven't in a while. I say this from experience because it was the first 3DS game I had and because I'd played it before so many times I found it was a bit boring (I would say the same for StarFox 3D, but I'm still yet to play it on 3Ds).
I really liked RE, but that's coming from a huge Resident Evil fan. The graphics are some of the best on the 3DS and there's an online co-op multiplayer mode tooo. There's plenty to unlock if you're a completionist and if enjoyed Resident Evil 4 and/or 5 I'd strongly recommend it.
As far as fighting games go, I didn't really like Street Fighter, but there's a lot of people out there that will disagree with me. :p
There's a demo of DOA on the eShop for free so you should give it a play before purchasing, I enjoyed the demo; the fighting is a lot more fluid in DOA.
I can't really comment on Tekken because I haven't played it, but the visuals are really impressive although I've heard there's not a lot of content in regards to 'stuff to do'.
Hope this helped you! :)

Edited on by Willerz

Twitter || Backloggery

3DS: 3780 - 9266 - 7113

AuthorMessage

Lan

387. Posted:

Good reply. I've played OOT a ton so that one's a little low on my list. I've also played SF64 a ton but I can still play that for hours on end. I'm pretty big into RE as well, thanks to RE4. I love how RE4 and 5 have the cool unlockables, is there stuff like that? The DOA demo isn't out in America so I can't try that. I played DOA 2 on Dreamcast and i thought it was awesome. I'm a big Street Fighter fan though so for fighters I'm leaning towards that. Mario Kart still seems like the best bet at the moment. I forgot to add RE Mercs and Cave Story 3D to that list :D

Dragon friend safari

AuthorMessage

Willerz

388. Posted:

In RE:R, you've got two types of unlcokables, a set for the campaign and another for Raid Mode (this is the name for the mission mode which can be played online). The campaign unlockables are the usual suspects such as the infinite rocket launcher amongst other weapons, harder difficulties and also custom weapon parts. For use only in Raid mode, you can unlock playable characters and alternate costumes and weapons. Additionally, the characters aren't just a cosmetic choice, they all have different attributes such as speed and proficiency with different weapon types.
I think that if you have a 360/PS3, that version of Street Fighter is a lot more impressive, but if you haven't I'd say definitely get it on 3DS. :)
In regards to Mercenaries, I'd give it a miss unless you REALLY want it. It's pretty much just the Mercenaries minigame from Resident Evil 3, 4 and 5 but it's on a larger scale, which doesn't really feel like a full game to me. Also, you cannot delete save data on Mercenaries so if want to start a fresh file you'll have to buy it new rather than pre-owned (if that bothers you.
Cave Story 3D is excellent ant the 3DS version is probably the best version available. If you like shooters and platformers it's a perfect mix of the two! However, if you've played a previous version of it you may want to reconsider getting it.

Twitter || Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Lan

389. Posted:

So many great 3DS games i want... ;-;

Dragon friend safari

AuthorMessage

Willerz

390. Posted:

Same here. My 3DS is literally eating my money. I put preorder deposits on Kingdom Hearts and Mario Tennis Open the other day as well! :p

Twitter || Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Lan

391. Posted:

So does anyone object to me getting MK7 tomorrow?

Dragon friend safari

AuthorMessage

Willerz

392. Posted:

To be honest dude, it's probably the best game out of the lot you could get in terms of how much time you'll get out of it for what you pay. It's a great game in both single player and online. You shouldn't have to ask ;)

Twitter || Backloggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

393. Posted:

Anybody else greatly prefer PilotWings Resort over StarFox 64 3D?

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

BenAV

394. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I do.
Star Fox is fun, but far too short unless you have lots of friends to play the multiplayer with so I've only ever played it once for about three hours in total.
A lot of people seem to be pretty negative towards Pilotwings Resort, but I find it to be quite enjoyable.
It might be that I just suck, but trying to get perfect on everything isn't easy, and I've had a blast for hours just flying around the Island trying to collect everything.
I think I've played that for about 15ish hours, so a lot more than Star Fox.
Much better value for money in my opinion.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

395. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Yes, actually. I've never really been into the Starfox or Pilotwings series but I liked the flying sections in Wii sports resort so due to the similarities PWR has to that I chose that as my game to get with the 3DS last year and it isn't as good as the other 3DS games I own but its still a really good game.
@BenAV I agree, I still haven't been able to perfect all the other missions needed to unlock diamond class. Its really hard to perfect some of the later missions.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

396. Posted:

Pilotwings since I own it. I don't want to buy a remake of a game I already own.

But saying it is legitimately a better game than Star Fox 64 is blasphemy and lies to me. goes to play through Star Fox 64 for the 90th time

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

397. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I can already say no, even though I have yet to play 64 3D. Maybe it's the nostalgia or maybe it's because Pilotwings never caught my eye. I've played Resort but never really thought it was anything more than a potential packaged title like Wii Sports. Which it should of been.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

398. Posted:

All the Pilotwings are blatantly just expanded tech demos, that's like the reason the games exist.

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

399. Posted:

Does anybody recommend Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights? Because I was looking to get the game but not sure it will be any good.

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Lan

400. Posted:

Star Fox is a classic "beat your high score" game. It takes like an hour to beat the story but there are branching paths and different dialogue and different ways to beat the levels. And the gameplay is just amazing, I can play for hours

Dragon friend safari