Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 2,669

kkslider5552000

Pilotwings since I own it. I don't want to buy a remake of a game I already own.

But saying it is legitimately a better game than Star Fox 64 is blasphemy and lies to me. goes to play through Star Fox 64 for the 90th time

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Chrono_Cross

WaveBoy wrote:

Anybody else greatly prefer PilotWings Resort over StarFox 64 3D?

I can already say no, even though I have yet to play 64 3D. Maybe it's the nostalgia or maybe it's because Pilotwings never caught my eye. I've played Resort but never really thought it was anything more than a potential packaged title like Wii Sports. Which it should of been.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

All the Pilotwings are blatantly just expanded tech demos, that's like the reason the games exist.

Pokefanmum82

Does anybody recommend Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights? Because I was looking to get the game but not sure it will be any good.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Lan

Star Fox is a classic "beat your high score" game. It takes like an hour to beat the story but there are branching paths and different dialogue and different ways to beat the levels. And the gameplay is just amazing, I can play for hours

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Nintengirl

Has anyone played Rhythm Thief? I'm wondering how long the gameplay will last before I buy it...

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

Birdman

@Nintengirl - According to Nintendo's release schedule, NA will be getting a Rhythm Thief demo this Thursday (the 19th). That should help you decide.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

RR529

I'm going to recommend 4 3DS games that have (IMO) went under the radar, and should be looked into.

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles - this is the least reccomended of the games, but still worth a look if you haven't played a Warriors game before. It's not revolutionary or unique on the gameplay front (as you pretty much hack n' slash your way through hordes of enemies), but if you're in the mood for some mindless action, you can't pick up a better title. It has quite a bit to do as well (there are tons of missions, I have put a little over 20 hours into it and have yet to complete it. There are over 40 different characters to play as, and there is even some RPG elements like leveling up, different weapons and accessories to collect). The story is pretty much an actual retelling of feudal Japanese history (even if the characters are "anime enhanced"), so it depends on whether you like Japanese history. If you've grown tired of the series' gameplay, there's not much here for you (outside of being able to switch between 4 characters at will, with the touch screen), but if you haven't played any Warriors games, you might want to check it out (it's pretty cheap now, as well).

Dead or Alive: Dimensions - probably went under the radar because of the stereotypical view of it as "the fighting game with the boobs". Seriously though, the game is actually good. While I like SSFIV, this game surpasses it in every single way (except for nostalgia and roster size), as it's not a port and made for 3DS (why some believe it's a port is beyond me). It's roster isn't as large as SF's, but it has 25 characters, so it's not small, and unlike SF, you actually have to unlock a good number of them, giving you an actual incentive to play. The story is nonsense, true, but no one plays a fighter for the story (and at least they tried putting one together, unlike SF).

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy - this game is loads of fun. It is pretty short (not unlike Star Fox), as you will only play 18 missions on a single playthrough, but like Star Fox, there are alternate missions, encouraging at least a 2nd playthrough. After that it pretty much becomes a game to top your own high scores. Also, there are around 20 different real world aircraft to unlock (along with about 5 color schemes for each), so there is quite a bit of meat for completionists. It has no multiplayer which is a bummer, but it wasn't a full priced 3DS game when it launched, and might be cheaper now (oh, it also has a number of survival missions to unlock, as well). You have full control over your aircraft (unlike Star Fox's on rails approach), but if your into arcadey action aireal games like Star Fox, you might enjoy this.

Tales of the Abyss - my most recommended game. It's a standard JRPG in many ways, but there are many modern touches, that make this a great jumping on point for genre newcomers. There are no random battles (enemies can be seen in the overworld and in dungeons), and it has a real time battle system. There are plenty of things that keep it fun for long time genre fans as well (you can still open up menus during battle to direct the action exactly as you see fit, although it can be mostly ignored if you wish. I usually just use it to tell an ally to revive me, if my character falls, other than that, the AI is really good at keeping everyone healed. There is also an enormous amount of customization to be had if you wish. There are tons of weapons, "Fonic Artes" the games version of magic, armor, and accessories to collect for your party members). Speaking of the characters, there is nothing awesome about most of them, but they're also not bad (and the voice acting is handled admirably as well), although Luke (the main character) has one of the best personalities ive seen from an RPG (instead of your generic selfless hero, he starts out as a selfish, spoiled noble, so while he is annoying at first, the game long transformation of his personality is outstanding). The story is good and will keep you quite enthralled. I'm about 45 hours into it and am not complete, so proof of it's length is evident (those who have completed it said it takes 50-70 hours to complete, depending on whether or not you complete side quests). Get it, and you will not be dissapointed.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jono97

I reckon the 3DS has too may games like streetfighter. I mean fighting with one camera angle. But the top games I want now is Kid icarus uprising and Animal Crossing.

Not extremely into nintendo at the moment, but not really into anything else either. :|

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6640-5759 | Twitter:

Gretski

Games with good multiplayer: Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus Uprising
Games with a good single player campaign: LoZ OoT 3D and Super Mario 3D Land.
Oh and get Pushmo if you don't have it already!

Currently playing: Breath of the Wild

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2301-9391

Pokefanmum82

Tales of the abyss is amazing. I love it. It's the game I am playing the most right now.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.

Late

Gretski wrote:

Games with good multiplayer: Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus: Uprising
Games with a good single player campaign: LoZ OoT 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Super Mario 3D Land.
Oh and get Pushmo if you don't have it already!

Changed it a bit, now it's correct.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Pokefanmum82

i was thinking of getting a game on friday but only have enough for one game. which one should i get out of Pokemon Rumble Blast, Crush3d or Shinobi?

Finished the Alola Dex.

hYdeks

I own Shinobi for 3DS and I have to say that I'm a huge fan of the game! The gameplay is amazing, the graphics are great for a 2D platformer and not to mention, it's hard and challenging!!! I recommend Shinobi, I think u'ld like it

I almost got Tales of the Abyss and plan to next time, I got Kid Icarus Uprising and it's INTENSE so far.

Edited on by hYdeks

hYdeks

Late

mumof2kids82 wrote:

i was thinking of getting a game on friday but only have enough for one game. which one should i get out of Pokemon Rumble Blast, Crush3d or Shinobi?

I'm a big Pokémon fan but haven't bought Rumble Blast yet but I enjoyed WiiWare's first Rumble. Pokémon Rumble is a lot of fun with friends and can still be played alone (it's just not as much fun). First Rumble was pretty easy game but when it was time for Battle Royale it became harder (haven't beat the last Battle Royale). The game can also get a bit repetitive.
Crush3D has a demo in eShop so you should check it out and decide if you like it or not. I myself am a big fan of puzzle games but didn't like Crush3D's demo at all. I stay with Picross and Pullblox.
Haven't played Shinobi so can't say anything about it.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Pokefanmum82

I tried the demo but had a hard time figuring out the controls. Maybe I'll get both Rumble Blast and Shinobi

Finished the Alola Dex.

kkslider5552000

KaiserGX wrote:

Hmm ok, how about Kid Icarus online?

Fun and at least a bit better than Nintendo's usual attempts at online gaming.

Jono97

I rly wish animal crossing was released already, so I can see the rating... And then buy it :3

Not extremely into nintendo at the moment, but not really into anything else either. :|

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6640-5759 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic