3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 361 to 380 of 1,834

AuthorMessage

Birdman

361. Posted:

@kryptokrunch - If you're getting an eShop card, you should be able to get both, unless you're getting other games you're not telling us about. Definitely get Donkey Kong though; I'd (probably) recommend WL to you, but I haven't played it yet and I don't recommend games I've never played for myself.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

362. Posted:

For one eShop card, I recommend getting Pushmo and Dillon's Rolling Western!
Retail games- MK7 for online
SM 3D land for single player

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

Pichuka97

363. Posted:

Kid Icarus or Sonic Generations 3DS. I really want both even though people dont like Sonic 3DS

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

364. Posted:

Pichuka97 wrote:

Kid Icarus or Sonic Generations 3DS. I really want both even though people dont like Sonic 3DS

Kid Icarus. It's going to be amazing.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

365. Posted:

(Already kind of asked this once but the thread got closed..soooo)

I've been looking into getting one of these two games for my 3DS.
I haven't really played much of either serious what so ever before this, but I've played the demo's for a short time on my 3DS. Can't decide which one I'd want more. Not real good at either one yet but I could learn. Not real used to the gun not doing much damage kind of game for one. :p
Usually, the kind of games I play are just about any of the first party Nintendo titles. Mario and Zelda are two big ones (playing Kid Icarus Uprising right now).
Any one have a suggestion which of these two games I should get??

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Karakato

366. Posted:

@Joshers744 I you're talking about RE R vs MGS3D, then I'd have to go with Resident Evil Revelations only because you can get the better version on another Console. That's not to say MGS3D is bad in any means, but I enjoyed RE more since It was more action oriented than MGS which required stealth above all else (which makes Shooting enemies not the ideal solution). Also RE has a great online multiplayer, so I think this might help you decide.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

367. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

@Joshers744 I you're talking about RE R vs MGS3D, then I'd have to go with Resident Evil Revelations only because you can get the better version on another Console. That's not to say MGS3D is bad in any means, but I enjoyed RE more since It was more action oriented than MGS which required stealth above all else (which makes Shooting enemies not the ideal solution). Also RE has a great online multiplayer, so I think this might help you decide.

cool! And yeah, sorry, I forgot to put what games I was talking about ! :p
I guess this still really isn't a super easy choice though. Maybe RE though...

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Lan

368. Posted:

I'll say this, MGS 3 is the only game i beat like 5 times in a row. There's a ton of little things to find and some things change depending on what you do. I've only played the demo of RE:R and it's fun, but MGS 3 is one of my favorite games ever. I can literally play it for days

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

369. Posted:

MGS3 is amazing. finished it today and will probably beat it again several times just like with MGS and MGS2 back then

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

370. Posted:

I recommend Jaws Ultimate Predator but only to casual players.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

371. Posted:

Currently have...

Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, PilotWings Resort, Nintendog's + Cats, StarFox 64 and RE: Revelations, yet i still need to pick up....Kid Icarus Uprising, Zelda: OOT 3D, Tetris Axis and that new trippy Spirit/ghost based Augmented reality horror spook fest. B-)

But how in the hulk hogan hell is Steel Driver? I couldn't care less even if it 'is' lacking in content as it's only $19.99.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

mastersworddude

372. Posted:

I have Kid Icarus Uprising currently, all I need is Mario Kart 7, Mario 3D Land, and Zelda OoT 3D, then I'll be satisfied with my collection for quite a while. Until KH: 3D at least.

Playstation Network: Chaos2K10
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4911-1401

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

373. Posted:

Is their any way to turn the voices off in Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

374. Posted:

@Mickeymac Yes. In the settings, hidden options.

@Everyone I recommend for those new to the video-game world: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Tales of the Abyss, Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Kart 7
And to the vets/hardcore gamers: RE:R, MGS3D,

Basically, almost all the successful AAA titles.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Birdman

375. Posted:

@Mickeymac - Check in the regular settings and their should be an option in the sound section to mute voices. You can't entirely turn off the dialogue until you beat the entire game and unlock the hidden options, but if you turn the dialogue's volume off and move it to the bottom screen it's hardly noticeable.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

XplicitProdigy

376. Posted:

What to get for a first game? Im currently deciding between Kid icarus or Zelda OoT..would they last me long?

Cannot wait for the Wii U

AuthorMessage

voulg160

377. Posted:

Kid Icarus by far it's new, it's got multi player, tons of replayablity, stop pass, tons of weapons, and a truck load of humour

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

378. Posted:

How good is Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights? I was thinking of ordering it online on the 20th. Just not sure I'm going to like it.

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

379. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

@Mickeymac - Check in the regular settings and their should be an option in the sound section to mute voices. You can't entirely turn off the dialogue until you beat the entire game and unlock the hidden options, but if you turn the dialogue's volume off and move it to the bottom screen it's hardly noticeable.

Thank freakin' G-d. The dialogue in the trailers was attrocious. Now I might actually get this game someday.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

380. Posted:

voice overs sound great to me, am I missing something here? They have a whimsical & self aware touch to them. KI:I seems to be light hearted, pokes fun at itself and sounds very simular in tone to the cartoons of old which is great!

You want bad voice acting, take a look at the PS1's history. Mega Man 8 rings a bell! ;)
this is hardly bad voice acting. Even the recent RE titles get a bad rap and i for once think it's ridiculous....RE5 had good voice acting, especially when you compare it to RE1. :p Hell, I didn't even realise RE1 for the PS1 had bad voice acting at the time, i was just too amazed that the 3D characters were interacting with each other and talking with real voices. lol

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!