3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 341 to 360 of 1,804

AuthorMessage

Despair1087

341. Posted:

i want to get my first eshop game, i cant decide between pushmo or mutant mudds. thoughts?

Why lie? I'm a Nintendo fanboy.
I prefer jumping on my enemies rather than shooting at them.

3DS FC: 4554-0003-3637

AuthorMessage

StreetRat

342. Posted:

@mariofanatic128 Thanks! You just saved me $20 :)

Still rockin' the GameBoy brick. Yes, I do believe it's portable. It fits in my satchel.

3DS FC: 4596-9583-9911

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

343. Posted:

Flame1087 wrote:

i want to get my first eshop game, i cant decide between pushmo or mutant mudds. thoughts?

I've never played Mutant Mudds, so I don't know about that, but Pushmo is a really fun puzzler. If you like puzzle games more than platformers, then get Pushmo. It if's the other way around, get Mutant Mudds.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

344. Posted:

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

Flame1087 wrote:

I've never played Mutant Mudds, so I don't know about that, but Pushmo is a really fun puzzler. If you like puzzle games more than platformers, then get Pushmo. It if's the other way around, get Mutant Mudds.

Yup, pretty much.
They're both amazing in their respective genres, though personally I would have to give the "pure, unadulterated gaming goodness" edge to Mudds.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

RR529

345. Posted:

If you're lookoing for a good eShop game, I'd say Pushmo is your best bet. It's looong, and with the ability to share and create puzzles, it's length is infinite in theory. Sakura Samurai is my personal favorite though, due in part to the feudal Japanese setting, and it has some cool boss fights. Out of the three "retro" titles on the shop Mutant Mudds is the longest, but Mighty Switch Force is my favorite due to the tremendous attention to detail and animation, and VVVVVV has it's own charm (if you count all the player levels, you might get more length out of it than Mutant Mudds as well).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

346. Posted:

So many good eShop games. I would rank them like this so far:
1. Mutant Mudds (best level design in a game since...maybe ever?)
2. VVVVVV (PC version is one of my favorite games of all time, but it's also a better value: cheaper & level editor)
3. Pushmo (amazing puzzler; you can come back to it after weeks and not lose any time reacquainting yourself)
4. Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (gameplay is fun and addicting, and it's a fairly meaty game, just a bit too repetitive and bland graphically)

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

347. Posted:

Not recommending StarFox 64 3D if you're mixed on diving into the experience like I was.
I thought it was 'alright' But for the most part i just wasn't really into it...And the fun factor just wasn't quite 'there' for me either. during the 6th time i beat the game(to get to the last alternate route/planet) the entire experience began to feel like a chore...Maybe 'that's' it. My recent playthroughs have clouded by decent-to fun first and 2nd playthrough's giving me mixed opinions. :p Fuzzy nostalgia aside from the SNES original, StarFox is possibly one of my least favorite Nintendo franchises. StarFox 64 3D is clearly a good game, but it just wasn't quite for me.

Yet funny enough, Fox Mcloud is my favorite character to play as in Super Smash Bros Brawll. With pit Flying in a close 2nd! :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

348. Posted:

I recommen Mega Man Legends 3.
I'm already hour into the game and its amazing. Its the most polish game on the 3DS,
This is not a game you want to miss.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Pichuka97

349. Posted:

What do I get, Tetris Axsis
Star Fox 3D
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Sonic Generations
or any eshop games that sound good

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

AuthorMessage

Despair1087

350. Posted:

Pichuka97 wrote:

What do I get, Tetris Axsis
Star Fox 3D
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Sonic Generations
or any eshop games that sound good

i have Tetris axis and starfox 643D, but i cant say that recommend either of them.

Tetris is seriously overpriced. 3D makes it almost unplayable. the new modes arent even good. i only bought this because im such a tetris fanboy. the DS version is better.

starfox 643D is waaaay too short. you can beat it in like 20 minutes. you can replay stages to get alternate ones, but the end stays the same. no online multiplayer, so unless you have a lot of friends to play with locally, your going to have to play by yourself which gets old fast...

by looking at your avatar and reading your signature, i think you should get more info on that sonic game.

Why lie? I'm a Nintendo fanboy.
I prefer jumping on my enemies rather than shooting at them.

3DS FC: 4554-0003-3637

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

351. Posted:

The sonic generations game is no where near as good as the home console games. If you can get it cheap go for it, but it's really short so I would recommended an eShop game
I recommended either Pushmo or Mighty Switch force. Both are incredibly fun and easily accessible.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Terave

352. Posted:

Pokemon Rumble Blast isn't as great as it sounds to be, so don't take that one. Tetris Axis is a pretty good game, But I don't think it's worth the money. And for the eShop games, I would go for: Pushmo/Pullblox, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins or Mighty Switch Force.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

353. Posted:

I'm getting into rpg's now and I was wondering if Tales of the Abyss is any good. Never played the original so any thoughts?

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

354. Posted:

I would highly recommend Tales of the Abyss, its one of my two favourite games ever. The 3D is rubbish but apart from that its an amazing game with a fantastic story and cast of characters. Outside of battle, its like a traditional RPG with a world map, towns and dungeons but its battle system is unique to the Tales of series. When you come into contact with an enemy, you'll be taken to another screen and you control one character while the AI controls up to three others. You can move from left to right and regular moves which are executed with the A button and artes (special moves and spells) which use up TP assigned to the B button. You can also assign 4 artes to the touch screen.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

355. Posted:

Here's my personal list of recommendations:

• Super Mario 3D Land
    This game truly shows how 3D works for the first time. Also, it's a solid platformer that lasts around 10 hours (for me, though. and that was on a semi-speedrun; you may get more play time out of your first run). Replayability is reasonably high, and replaying is as fun as playing it through the first time.
  • Mario Kart 7
    MK7 does exactly what you think it would do: deliver a solid racer with skill over luck (90% of the time...), and the best AI of the entire series. However, the 3D was just for show and didn't really enhance the experience by a lot.
  • VVVVVV
    Challenging, yet addicting. It lasts at 3 hours on the first playthrough, but additional content like 20 player-made levels and the fact that the game feels completely like a portable game: short bursts of gameplay. 3D was completely useless (duh), though.
  • Mutant Mudds
    Holy crap, this game is so good, it may take over Super Mario World as my favorite 2D platformer. With amazing music and level design, perfected gameplay and controls, and a solid 4 hours of content, Mutant Mudds already my 3DSWare GotY (yes, it's way too early. Sue me, it's that freaking good). The 3D helps as well, telling you if that enemy was at that layer or this layer.
  • Zen Pinball 3D
    With the absence of physical pinball tables, Zen Pinball 3D replicates that same feel of a pinball machine with realistic graphics and physics, and addictive gameplay. The 3D actually helps you see if that platform had raised or fell, and other stuff.
  • Pushmo
    For a puzzle game to impress me, that is a huge achievement. Pushmo is packed with content with over 250 puzzles and even boasting an amazing level editor, Pushmo will keep puzzle fans many weeks of pure awesome. However, the 3D was also useless in this game.

Here's what I thought was lackluster:

• Mighty Switch Force
    The graphics and controls were perfect, but the gameplay wasn't really engaging. Switching wasn't that bad, but the gameplay was bland. The 3D was useless for me, and the game was too short. I mean, I beat the game in forty minutes, spent another thirty minutes getting the par times... and I had nothing else to do in that game. :(
  • Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
    Like MSF, graphics and control were superb, and the game failed to keep me engaged. It was basically 'dodge, attack, repeat.' 3D, again, was useless.
  • 3D Classics: Xevious
    The game is hard, and the control is spot-on. The sound just plain sucked, though (ARRRGH THAT BEEPING NOISE IS SO HIGH-PITCHED!), and the graphics and 3D, once again, wasn't too impressive. The gameplay also put me to sleep: it wasn't to exciting.

Keep in mind that this is all in my opinion, so calm down when I say that MSF and Sakura Samurai weren't all that great. It's only one man's opinion over 7 billion people, so keep calm.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

KryptoKrunch

356. Posted:

Going to be getting an eShop card soon, Already decided on everything else, just need help on the last. Should I get Donkey Kong or should I wait for Wario Land(U.S)?

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=KryptoKrunch

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

AuthorMessage

ChibiJib

357. Posted:

DictatorJumpMad wrote:

I recommen Mega Man Legends 3.
I'm already hour into the game and its amazing. Its the most polish game on the 3DS,
This is not a game you want to miss.

Holy crap! That looks amazing! Where do they sell that game? :P

My NNID: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/jibberldd5 (Chibi Jib)
My DeviantART profile: http://jibberldd5.deviantart.com/
Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jibberldd5/

Nintendo Network ID: jibberldd5

AuthorMessage

Terave

358. Posted:

kryptokrunch wrote:

Going to be getting an eShop card soon, Already decided on everything else, just need help on the last. Should I get Donkey Kong or should I wait for Wario Land(U.S)?

Get both. duh. :P

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

359. Posted:

kryptokrunch wrote:

Donkey Kong has a gazillion levels, so it'll last you until you get another card for Wario Land. Wario Land, on the other hand, is a tad too short.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Portista

360. Posted:

All 'i can say is get Mario Kart 7. :P

Monster Hunter for the win!!!!! Check out my music album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fifteen-ep/id589290511