3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 321 to 340 of 1,871

AuthorMessage

Chuie

321. Posted:

what game should i get for 3ds i have mario 3d land zelda oot mario kart 7 star fox 64 rayman 3d i sold devil survior overclocked and samurai warrior i pre-ordered kid icuras and tales of the abyss i kinda want a fighter or shooter

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

goldboy27

322. Posted:

there are no shooters on the 3ds but if you want a fighter DoA dimensions or SSF4 are options

PSN Name
Paperluigi1000

AuthorMessage

goldboy27

323. Posted:

there are no shooters on the 3ds but if you want a fighter DoA dimensions or SSF4 are options

PSN Name
Paperluigi1000

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

324. Posted:

BLADE-9-SORA-9- wrote:

what game should i get for 3ds i have mario 3d land zelda oot mario kart 7 star fox 64 rayman 3d i sold devil survior overclocked and samurai warrior i pre-ordered kid icuras and tales of the abyss i kinda want a fighter or shooter

An excellent shooter is Nano Assault! ;) Although it's a shmup shooter, not FPS if thats what you want.
Good fighting game would probably be Tekken 3D which comes out Valentines day. If you're not interested though SSFlV3D has a lot of content. Both have online.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Chuie

325. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

BLADE-9-SORA-9- wrote:

An excellent shooter is Nano Assault! ;) Although it's a shmup shooter, not FPS if thats what you want.
Good fighting game would probably be Tekken 3D which comes out Valentines day. If you're not interested though SSFlV3D has a lot of content. Both have online.

ima proble grab tekken 3d then but i dont care for street fighter(im more mortal combat soul caliber tekken type)
is nano assault like star fox where u shoot with a plan? cause that be cool

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

326. Posted:

BLADE-9-SORA-9- wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

BLADE-9-SORA-9- wrote:

ima proble grab tekken 3d then but i dont care for street fighter(im more mortal combat soul caliber tekken type)

You're in a plain, but you're scrolling to the left/right instead of in the screen or vertical. Here's some gameplay.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Chuie

327. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

BLADE-9-SORA-9- wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

BLADE-9-SORA-9- wrote:

You're in a plain, but you're scrolling to the left/right instead of in the screen or vertical. Here's some gameplay.

thanks man it look real good so tekken comes out when tales of the abyss does so i pic them to up at gamestop and i probaly buy nano assault

i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

328. Posted:

BLADE-9-SORA-9- wrote:

thanks man it look real good so tekken comes out when tales of the abyss does so i pic them to up at gamestop and i probaly buy nano assault

Hurray! Another sale for Nano Assualt! XD
If you're local gamestop doesn't end up having it, it's only $13 on Amazon.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Chuie

329. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

BLADE-9-SORA-9- wrote:

Hurray! Another sale for Nano Assualt! XD
If you're local gamestop doesn't end up having it, it's only $13 on Amazon.

i just ordered nano assault online is the game short but challenging it droped price fast

i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Chuie

330. Posted:

iPancakez wrote:

Between Shinobi and Sonic Generations, which would you guys recommend? Also does anyone know if Nano Assault is any good?

go for shiniobi sonic generation is better on the ps3 and 360 but is u dont have a ps3 or 360 get sonic generations

i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

331. Posted:

I am wondering whether I should get Tales of The Abyss or Kid Icarus: Uprising. Could someone help me decide? Thanks.

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

332. Posted:

@JarvanZhetik I highly recommend Tales of the Abyss. Kid Icarus: uprising does look awesome but I doubt its better than Tales of the Abyss as its tied with my Tales of Symphonia as my favourite game ever. I noticed that you've played ToS and if you liked that I'm sure you'll like TotA. Just like ToS, it has a fantastic story and soundtrack and some great characters too. The battle system is improved too as you can move around the whole area when holding L which is good for dodging attacks. Its a few hours longer than ToS but not that much longer.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Chuie

333. Posted:

JarvanZheitk wrote:

I am wondering whether I should get Tales of The Abyss or Kid Icarus: Uprising. Could someone help me decide? Thanks.

get tales of the abyss one of the most epic games ever its my favorite game of the tales series and the tales series is my favorite rpg series

i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

pariah164

334. Posted:

reposts her dilemma here, whoops

I have SSFIV 3D on a hold for me at GameStop, and I'll be heading there to pick up Tales of the Abyss tomorrow. After reading the reviews for both Tekken and SSFIV, I think I made the right decision, but I'm still unsure. The Arcade mode on Tekken is enough to appeal to me, and I've been considering swapping my SSFIV hold for that. But my friends all have told me to my face I'm stupid if I pick Tekken, and everyone I ask seems to be firmly in the belief that SSFIV is the best fighter on the 3DS.

I hate feeling so torn, and this shouldn't be a decision I'm having issues with, but here I am. Any and all help would be fantastic.

The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

335. Posted:

pariah164 wrote:

reposts her dilemma here, whoops

I have SSFIV 3D on a hold for me at GameStop, and I'll be heading there to pick up Tales of the Abyss tomorrow. After reading the reviews for both Tekken and SSFIV, I think I made the right decision, but I'm still unsure. The Arcade mode on Tekken is enough to appeal to me, and I've been considering swapping my SSFIV hold for that. But my friends all have told me to my face I'm stupid if I pick Tekken, and everyone I ask seems to be firmly in the belief that SSFIV is the best fighter on the 3DS.

I hate feeling so torn, and this shouldn't be a decision I'm having issues with, but here I am. Any and all help would be fantastic.

You could always just get Tekken later on sale. I paid full price for SF and last I saw it was like $8. :(
I'd suggest canceling your GameStop purchase and get it on Amazon then wait for a sale on Tekken, sooo...both.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

336. Posted:

Well, it depends on your preferences. SSF has a story mode, but it only has 3 minor 2D cutsceens per character. Tekken has the full-length 3D movie instead. SSF runs in 3D at 30 FPS for all modes. Tekken runs in 60 FPS for all modes, but that required the 3D to be disabled in multiplayer. SSF is a 2D fighter focusing on quick, strategic timing. Tekken is a 3D fighter focusing more on stringing together combos. The stereoscopic 3D in SSF is pretty weak with static 2D backgrounds, but once again it's available in multiplayer. I hear Tekken's 3D and backgrounds are much better. SSF has a much better StreetPass feature, but Tekken has a Survival Mode (which SSF doesn't have). SSF has an excellent online system with little (if any) lag. Tekken's online has yet to be seen. Tekken has a few more playable characters than SSF.

Now, if you're comparing Tekken to DoA, I think DoA is a pretty clear winner.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

oninowon

337. Posted:

Personally, I would pass on the Tales of Abyss. I've played it on the DS and the dungeon part of the game suck. The story is OK. I rather wait for Heroes of Ruin. It is sad that not many people know there are several shooters for the 3DS. Two of them 3D classic remakes, Nano Assault, Starfox, and pretty soon Kid Icarus (at least it looks like a hybrid rpg/shooter to me). I was excited for Tekken but the more I read about it, the less enthusiastic I get. It is ashame because Tekken is my favorite fighting game series. I think it better if you get DoA. It uses the 3D to great effect (although not in the "story" mode). The graphics are amazing for a launch window title, and the fighting is smooth.

oninowon

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

338. Posted:

@oninowon What are you talking about? The only other console that Tales of the Abyss is on apart from 3DS is the PS2, there is no DS version. There are 3 Tales of games on DS though so maybe you're thinking of one of them. Those 3 are Tales of the Tempest, Tales of Innocence and Tales of Hearts. They're all Japan only (ToI has a fan translation though) so you would've had to import them if you are thinking of one of the DS Tales of games.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

StreetRat

339. Posted:

I want to pick up another fighting game, and I'm in between DOA: Dimensions and Tekken 3D. Which one should I get?

Still rockin' the GameBoy brick. Yes, I do believe it's portable. It fits in my satchel.

3DS FC: 4596-9583-9911

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

340. Posted:

@Cloudcult10 I highly recommend Dead or Alive: dimensions, I haven't played Tekken 3D but it sounds like its lacking in content but DoA:D has a story mode, training, free play, arcade, survival and 20 tag matches as well as online play and streetpass. I also think its got a great cast of characters as well as a great soundtrack. It also helps having all the moves of your character listed below on the touch screen.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery