Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,669

JustAnotherUser

I am wondering whether I should get Tales of The Abyss or Kid Icarus: Uprising. Could someone help me decide? Thanks.

JustAnotherUser

FonistofCruxis

@JarvanZhetik I highly recommend Tales of the Abyss. Kid Icarus: uprising does look awesome but I doubt its better than Tales of the Abyss as its tied with my Tales of Symphonia as my favourite game ever. I noticed that you've played ToS and if you liked that I'm sure you'll like TotA. Just like ToS, it has a fantastic story and soundtrack and some great characters too. The battle system is improved too as you can move around the whole area when holding L which is good for dodging attacks. Its a few hours longer than ToS but not that much longer.

Mieu-Fire

JarvanZheitk wrote:

I am wondering whether I should get Tales of The Abyss or Kid Icarus: Uprising. Could someone help me decide? Thanks.

get tales of the abyss one of the most epic games ever its my favorite game of the tales series and the tales series is my favorite rpg series

MANGO

pariah164

reposts her dilemma here, whoops

I have SSFIV 3D on a hold for me at GameStop, and I'll be heading there to pick up Tales of the Abyss tomorrow. After reading the reviews for both Tekken and SSFIV, I think I made the right decision, but I'm still unsure. The Arcade mode on Tekken is enough to appeal to me, and I've been considering swapping my SSFIV hold for that. But my friends all have told me to my face I'm stupid if I pick Tekken, and everyone I ask seems to be firmly in the belief that SSFIV is the best fighter on the 3DS.

I hate feeling so torn, and this shouldn't be a decision I'm having issues with, but here I am. Any and all help would be fantastic.

The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)

Retro_on_theGo

pariah164 wrote:

reposts her dilemma here, whoops

I have SSFIV 3D on a hold for me at GameStop, and I'll be heading there to pick up Tales of the Abyss tomorrow. After reading the reviews for both Tekken and SSFIV, I think I made the right decision, but I'm still unsure. The Arcade mode on Tekken is enough to appeal to me, and I've been considering swapping my SSFIV hold for that. But my friends all have told me to my face I'm stupid if I pick Tekken, and everyone I ask seems to be firmly in the belief that SSFIV is the best fighter on the 3DS.

I hate feeling so torn, and this shouldn't be a decision I'm having issues with, but here I am. Any and all help would be fantastic.

You could always just get Tekken later on sale. I paid full price for SF and last I saw it was like $8.
I'd suggest canceling your GameStop purchase and get it on Amazon then wait for a sale on Tekken, sooo...both.

BulbasaurusRex

Well, it depends on your preferences. SSF has a story mode, but it only has 3 minor 2D cutsceens per character. Tekken has the full-length 3D movie instead. SSF runs in 3D at 30 FPS for all modes. Tekken runs in 60 FPS for all modes, but that required the 3D to be disabled in multiplayer. SSF is a 2D fighter focusing on quick, strategic timing. Tekken is a 3D fighter focusing more on stringing together combos. The stereoscopic 3D in SSF is pretty weak with static 2D backgrounds, but once again it's available in multiplayer. I hear Tekken's 3D and backgrounds are much better. SSF has a much better StreetPass feature, but Tekken has a Survival Mode (which SSF doesn't have). SSF has an excellent online system with little (if any) lag. Tekken's online has yet to be seen. Tekken has a few more playable characters than SSF.

Now, if you're comparing Tekken to DoA, I think DoA is a pretty clear winner.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

oninowon

Personally, I would pass on the Tales of Abyss. I've played it on the DS and the dungeon part of the game suck. The story is OK. I rather wait for Heroes of Ruin. It is sad that not many people know there are several shooters for the 3DS. Two of them 3D classic remakes, Nano Assault, Starfox, and pretty soon Kid Icarus (at least it looks like a hybrid rpg/shooter to me). I was excited for Tekken but the more I read about it, the less enthusiastic I get. It is ashame because Tekken is my favorite fighting game series. I think it better if you get DoA. It uses the 3D to great effect (although not in the "story" mode). The graphics are amazing for a launch window title, and the fighting is smooth.

oninowon

FonistofCruxis

@oninowon What are you talking about? The only other console that Tales of the Abyss is on apart from 3DS is the PS2, there is no DS version. There are 3 Tales of games on DS though so maybe you're thinking of one of them. Those 3 are Tales of the Tempest, Tales of Innocence and Tales of Hearts. They're all Japan only (ToI has a fan translation though) so you would've had to import them if you are thinking of one of the DS Tales of games.

StreetRat

I want to pick up another fighting game, and I'm in between DOA: Dimensions and Tekken 3D. Which one should I get?

Still rockin' the GameBoy brick. Yes, I do believe it's portable. It fits in my satchel.

3DS FC: 4596-9583-9911

FonistofCruxis

@Cloudcult10 I highly recommend Dead or Alive: dimensions, I haven't played Tekken 3D but it sounds like its lacking in content but DoA:D has a story mode, training, free play, arcade, survival and 20 tag matches as well as online play and streetpass. I also think its got a great cast of characters as well as a great soundtrack. It also helps having all the moves of your character listed below on the touch screen.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Despair1087

i want to get my first eshop game, i cant decide between pushmo or mutant mudds. thoughts?

Why lie? I'm a Nintendo fanboy.
I prefer jumping on my enemies rather than shooting at them.

3DS FC: 4554-0003-3637

StreetRat

@mariofanatic128 Thanks! You just saved me $20

Still rockin' the GameBoy brick. Yes, I do believe it's portable. It fits in my satchel.

3DS FC: 4596-9583-9911

TheKingOfTown

Flame1087 wrote:

i want to get my first eshop game, i cant decide between pushmo or mutant mudds. thoughts?

I've never played Mutant Mudds, so I don't know about that, but Pushmo is a really fun puzzler. If you like puzzle games more than platformers, then get Pushmo. It if's the other way around, get Mutant Mudds.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Odnetnin

HeroOfWaffles wrote:

Flame1087 wrote:

I've never played Mutant Mudds, so I don't know about that, but Pushmo is a really fun puzzler. If you like puzzle games more than platformers, then get Pushmo. It if's the other way around, get Mutant Mudds.

Yup, pretty much.
They're both amazing in their respective genres, though personally I would have to give the "pure, unadulterated gaming goodness" edge to Mudds.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

RR529

If you're lookoing for a good eShop game, I'd say Pushmo is your best bet. It's looong, and with the ability to share and create puzzles, it's length is infinite in theory. Sakura Samurai is my personal favorite though, due in part to the feudal Japanese setting, and it has some cool boss fights. Out of the three "retro" titles on the shop Mutant Mudds is the longest, but Mighty Switch Force is my favorite due to the tremendous attention to detail and animation, and VVVVVV has it's own charm (if you count all the player levels, you might get more length out of it than Mutant Mudds as well).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Odnetnin

So many good eShop games. I would rank them like this so far:
1. Mutant Mudds (best level design in a game since...maybe ever?)
2. VVVVVV (PC version is one of my favorite games of all time, but it's also a better value: cheaper & level editor)
3. Pushmo (amazing puzzler; you can come back to it after weeks and not lose any time reacquainting yourself)
4. Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (gameplay is fun and addicting, and it's a fairly meaty game, just a bit too repetitive and bland graphically)

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

LordJumpMad

I recommen Mega Man Legends 3.
I'm already hour into the game and its amazing. Its the most polish game on the 3DS,
This is not a game you want to miss.
[youtube:sjLGBx-7Cho]

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Pichuka97

What do I get, Tetris Axsis
Star Fox 3D
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Sonic Generations
or any eshop games that sound good

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3887-5606-5777 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

Despair1087

Pichuka97 wrote:

What do I get, Tetris Axsis
Star Fox 3D
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Sonic Generations
or any eshop games that sound good

i have Tetris axis and starfox 643D, but i cant say that recommend either of them.

Tetris is seriously overpriced. 3D makes it almost unplayable. the new modes arent even good. i only bought this because im such a tetris fanboy. the DS version is better.

starfox 643D is waaaay too short. you can beat it in like 20 minutes. you can replay stages to get alternate ones, but the end stays the same. no online multiplayer, so unless you have a lot of friends to play with locally, your going to have to play by yourself which gets old fast...

by looking at your avatar and reading your signature, i think you should get more info on that sonic game.

Why lie? I'm a Nintendo fanboy.
I prefer jumping on my enemies rather than shooting at them.

3DS FC: 4554-0003-3637

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic