Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,641 to 2,647 of 2,647

roy130390

@BookDragon I second @gcunit . Both Hunters and Federation Force (despite the ridiculous hate) are quite good FPS. There's also Bionicle for DS, which I got for cheap and was quite enjoyable.

roy130390

BookDragon

@roy130390 thanks I was really on the fence about getting Federation Force, but I didn't know if the game was bad or if the fans where just salty, if I can get people to play with me I'll definitely get it.

Currently playing: Sm4sh, (always) Terraria, Mario & lulgi: deam team.
Want list: WarioWare gold,

Knighty_IX

@BookDragon Metroid Prime: Hunters and Kid Icarus: Uprising are definitely essential shooters for the DS and 3DS respectively. Both are chockful of features but Metroid Prime: Hunters emphasizes more on multiplayer content than single-player, and they both have bots if you're missing some players and are fairly challenging at higher difficulties. They're both incredibly smooth to play and are easily the most hectic shooters on Nintendo handhelds.

I would also look into the Call of Duty series for the DS but only if you can find friends to play together locally since the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is down. They feel a lot more muted in comparison but they shine just as well in multiplayer. I'd probably go with Call of Duty: Black Ops for its multiplayer: up to 6 players, introduces the Perk abilities, and a 2-player co-op Zombie Mode. Otherwise, Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Mobilized are far better in the single player department.

E.X. Troopers is an another impressive TPS for the 3DS that you should also look out for but it's only out in Japan. So you would need to import it and have a Japanese 3DS.

Knighty_IX

BlueOcean

@Scrungo I find X/Y extremely boring, I still haven't beaten it, but I'm not the biggest Pokemon fan. I remember Pokemon on GBA much more interesting though.

BlueOcean

BlueOcean

@Tokiwa Apart from MK7 and Outrun, both great in 3D, there aren't many good racers for 3DS and that's unfortunate. If only they remade Diddy Kong Racing for 3DS, the DS version is a bit of a mess.

Well, you have Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed, it doesn't look as good as on consoles but you can check that one because is good.

BlueOcean

Tokiwa

@BlueOcean Shame, while i love both MK7 and Outrun i would like to have more options.

Sonic All Stars is pretty good but i already own on PC, thanks for the suggestion though.

Tokiwa

samus1818

Resident Evil Revelations. That game still looks great, fun game, and I think it's one of the best looking games on the 3DS. I also remember buying this game when the 3DS was still new.

samus1818

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic