Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 2,677

Maximumbeans

mcdreamer wrote:

@BongoBongo123 Perhaps a really obvious one, but Samus Returns is excellent if you've not yet played that.

@BongoBongo123 I second Samus Returns. Really great game that goes on the right amount of time.

Steamworld Dig 1 and 2 are excellent smaller titles that are hard to put down once you're into the gameplay loop. 2 is far more metroidvania-esque than the first.
There are also the DS Castlevania games which are all good.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

BongoBongo123

@Maximumbeans Thanks for the suggestions. Steamworld Dig 2 is currently on sale on the eu eshop and I heard its more story focused than the first one. The combat seems not great though. Could be a good shout though.

BongoBongo123

Maximumbeans

@BongoBongo123 It's much more story focused. The combat isn't exactly deep - you either hit enemies with your pickaxe or use bombs to kill them. The main draw is the exploration and the gameplay loop of digging as deep as you can, selling what you've got, getting better gear, digging deeper and so on.

Mobility is also an absolute blast, by mid-to-late game you've got a variety of options to get around and it's incredibly fluid. Well worth the price in my opinion.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

BongoBongo123

@mcdreamer Yeah I've played it and think its good. The controls are tight and the parry mechanic is enjoyable. So many metroids to get though, I never played it to completion...Although I have finished Castlevania Mirror of Fate which was also developed by Mercury Steam.

I think the 3ds has a decent amount of metroidvanias; xeodrifter, cave story, Shantae (1,2,3).

Just trying to find out if there's any obscure ones that i'm missing. Say...like...Tails Adventure on GameGear is meant to be ok. And it's cheap.

BongoBongo123

JuveLeo

If anyone is into strategy RPGs, the Fire Emblem games are great. Just beat FE: Conquest and it was a phenomenal game with a great story. Highly recommend

NNID - figo77ronaldo
3DS Friend code 5473-0852-7592
SW 8548-4896-1093

SnackPop

If you like Zelda games with some town building on the side, check out Ever Oasis.

Retro gaming is too damn expensive.

NoLife

Is there a good Sudoku game on the 3DS alternative the DS?

NoLife

Bluesaxo

Couple games I really like on 3ds still buy for it as only bought it in 2017. Couple first games I bought game called funky barn (on Wii u too I think) and dead or alive really good on 3ds. For me personally

Bluesaxo

Trollectric

I'm looking for weird titles for my 2DS.

Not sure how do describe what I'm looking for except for "Fever Dream"

I just bought WarioWare: Gold and Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and they should be in soon, but I'm wondering if there are any other games like these that are just....so...out there.

Trollectric

LukesterIncorporated

Thought I'd get some outside opinions on my list of games I want to get for my 3DS (not in order of most wanted):

1. 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2
2. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
3. Mario Kart 7
4. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
5. Ridge Racer 3D
6. Super Mario 3D Land
7. Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
8. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

(I'd also like to get Pushmo, but I can't get it from the eShop anymore, and I've sworn to myself not to mod personal consoles, so unless there's a physical copy that anyone knows of that's legit please let me know.)

Edited on by LukesterIncorporated

LukesterIncorporated

3DS FC: 2509 - 8830 - 5339
3DS Name: Lukester (Notify me if adding!)
Keeping my Switch FC private for now

Feel free to ask to play a multiplayer game! You can check my profile to view the games I have.

3DS Friend Code: 2509-8830-5339

WoomyNNYes

@LukesterIncorporated I got the 3ds for Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, but Mario Kart 7 is what got me gaming a lot more. I found it to be a good fun challenge trying to get three star ratings for beating each up, and racing online was super fun. Although, I haven't played online races in over a year, so I don't know how active online races are. They may still be active. And, then my nieces got 2ds XLs & playing wireless Mario Kart 7 with friends is was a good time.

Mario 3D Land is good.

I don't know if this opinion is common or not, but I found Metal Gear Solid 3D to be too much of a pain to navigate the 3d world with the C-stick nub. So, I'm glad there was a demo on eshop to try, because I tried demo and didn't want to play it anymore after 2-3 hours.

The 3D version Sonic the Hedgehog 2 plays well as far as I know. I don't know anything about Ridge Racer 3D.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

LukesterIncorporated

@WoomyNNYes Do you know if MGS:SE3D requires the Circle Pad Pro? I have a CTR model 3DS so no c-stick for me, and I'm hoping that doesn't hinder my ability to play the game.

LukesterIncorporated

Feel free to ask to play a multiplayer game! You can check my profile to view the games I have.

WoomyNNYes

@LukesterIncorporated Circle Pad Pro is supported, but is not required. There are three options for controlling the camera in MGS Snake Eater 3D on 3ds:
1) using XYBA like a directional dpad for the camera.
2) c-stick (which is on New 3DS models).
3) Circle Pad Pro.

I don't have circle pad pro, so I've only tried the other two methods. I found it difficult to be accurate controlling the camera with XYAB. You can adjust the camera movement speed, fast vs slow, but I still found it clunky.

The c-stick is easier to be more accurate with, but it's such a tiny rubber knob, it feels awkward, and I think it kind of hurts to use it for MGS 3D, because you have to use it a lot. Since the c-stick rubber knob doesn't actually tilt like an analog stick, you end up having to push it harder than most controllers, and that starts to feel quite uncomfortable, borderline painful, if you're going to use it multiple days in a row, or for longer than 1-2 hours. If someone else has a more favorable opinion for the c-stick for MGS 3D, by all means chime in. Maybe someone else is fine with it?

In the end, I think MGS 3D on 3ds is mainly an impressive novelty. Maybe it's fine if you have a circle pad pro? I don't know, since I don't have a circle pad pro.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

LukesterIncorporated

@WoomyNNYes OK. The only reason I was wondering is because I can only fit one accessory in my carrying case, and seeing as I already have the MK7 Racing Wheel that would be an issue. I'll just have to make the YXAB buttons work. Thank you for your help!

LukesterIncorporated

Eel

Snake Eater on the 3DS gets fabulously laggy at the end, it becomes a slideshow, and honestly I kinda find that cute.

The C-nub on the New systems is strange in the sense that it doesn't move at all, but once in game you don't need a lot of pressure to get it going, it honest works a lot better than it seems it should.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

LukesterIncorporated wrote:

Thought I'd get some outside opinions on my list of games I want to get for my 3DS (not in order of most wanted):
2. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
3. Mario Kart 7
4. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
5. Ridge Racer 3D
6. Super Mario 3D Land

(I'd also like to get Pushmo, but I can't get it from the eShop anymore, and I've sworn to myself not to mod personal consoles, so unless there's a physical copy that anyone knows of that's legit please let me know.)

This is a pretty solid list, though I'll admit I've not played Ridge Racer or Snake Eater 3D, though as others have stated YMMV on the latter.

As for Pushmo (Pullblox in some regions), it's a very fun puzzle game that is quite challenging in later levels despite its cutesy aesthetic. Unfortunately, to my knowledge it and its sequels are digital only.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

LukesterIncorporated

Figured I'd update my list of wanted games since I've done more research (and also because my 3DS finally came in a couple days ago).

In alphabetical order:

2. Farming Simulator 18
3. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
4. Mario Kart 7
5. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
6. Ridge Racer 3D

I was also thinking about getting Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars but I'm not sure yet. If anyone has played it I'd love to know your experience!

Edited on by LukesterIncorporated

LukesterIncorporated

Fox-McCloud

Can someone recommend me some games please?

I want something I can get lost in, something you can't stop playing and can't wait to play again.

Fox-McCloud

LukesterIncorporated

@Fox-McCloud For 3DS specifically I would say you should go for The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (or Ocarina of Time, although I haven't played that one before), and for DS specifically I would say you should go for either a Pokémon game or Animal Crossing: Wild World (which, by the way, has the best soundtrack of any Animal Crossing game in my opinion).

I would suggest asking the game recommendations page, though.

LukesterIncorporated

gcunit

@Fox-McCloud Fantasy Life gets a lot of love. I've not put enough time into it to personally recommend it as something to get lost in, but it certainly has Level-5's customary tip-top presentation.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic