Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 2,684

roy130390

@BookDragon I second @gcunit . Both Hunters and Federation Force (despite the ridiculous hate) are quite good FPS. There's also Bionicle for DS, which I got for cheap and was quite enjoyable.

roy130390

BookDragon

@roy130390 thanks I was really on the fence about getting Federation Force, but I didn't know if the game was bad or if the fans where just salty, if I can get people to play with me I'll definitely get it.

Currently playing: Sm4sh, (always) Terraria, Mario & lulgi: deam team.
Want list: WarioWare gold,

Knighty_IX

@BookDragon Metroid Prime: Hunters and Kid Icarus: Uprising are definitely essential shooters for the DS and 3DS respectively. Both are chockful of features but Metroid Prime: Hunters emphasizes more on multiplayer content than single-player, and they both have bots if you're missing some players and are fairly challenging at higher difficulties. They're both incredibly smooth to play and are easily the most hectic shooters on Nintendo handhelds.

I would also look into the Call of Duty series for the DS but only if you can find friends to play together locally since the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is down. They feel a lot more muted in comparison but they shine just as well in multiplayer. I'd probably go with Call of Duty: Black Ops for its multiplayer: up to 6 players, introduces the Perk abilities, and a 2-player co-op Zombie Mode. Otherwise, Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Mobilized are far better in the single player department.

E.X. Troopers is an another impressive TPS for the 3DS that you should also look out for but it's only out in Japan. So you would need to import it and have a Japanese 3DS.

Knighty_IX

BlueOcean

@Scrungo I find X/Y extremely boring, I still haven't beaten it, but I'm not the biggest Pokemon fan. I remember Pokemon on GBA much more interesting though.

BlueOcean

BlueOcean

@Tokiwa Apart from MK7 and Outrun, both great in 3D, there aren't many good racers for 3DS and that's unfortunate. If only they remade Diddy Kong Racing for 3DS, the DS version is a bit of a mess.

Well, you have Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed, it doesn't look as good as on consoles but you can check that one because is good.

BlueOcean

Tokiwa

@BlueOcean Shame, while i love both MK7 and Outrun i would like to have more options.

Sonic All Stars is pretty good but i already own on PC, thanks for the suggestion though.

Tokiwa

samus1818

Resident Evil Revelations. That game still looks great, fun game, and I think it's one of the best looking games on the 3DS. I also remember buying this game when the 3DS was still new.

samus1818

SuperLuigi111

Anyone got some 3D platformers or third person shooters to recommend for this console? I own a 3DS but have very few games for it, would love to hear some suggestions.

SuperLuigi111

Pokefanmum82

I’m having a hard time deciding between MH Stories, Sushi Striker or Treasure Tracker.....just not sure which one I want lol I’m not really good at platformers..is Treasure Tracker really hard? Is Stories hard to get into?

Want: Mario Party Top 100, Atlus games, Psychic Spectres for the 3DS. For the Switch Kirby Star Allies, Yoshi and many others.

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing Stories, Crystal and Ultra Sun.

roy130390

@SuperLuigi111 Resident Evil Revelations is a great third person shooter, along with Resident Evil Mercenaries, however the latter is intended for online co-op play. I think there's also a free to play game named Irnfall Invasion but I have never tried it.

Mario 3D land, Sonic Lost World and Rayman 3D are the only 3D platformers that I know.

roy130390

Tiefseemiez

@Pokefanmum82
I didn't finish MH: Stories, but it was well-made.
It also is very easy to get into since -like all three games- aims for a younger audience. You have a pretty tough choice to make though. Captain Toad also is a really great game (and I love the music). Sushi Striker probably is great aswell (only played the Demo), but it is more hectic than the other too I 'd say.
Stories might be the most relaxed one regarding the atmosphere and the gameplay. Toad is the cutest one though.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

roy130390

@Tiefseemiez I don't know, MH Stories post game content is actually quite challenging, way more than the average monster catching game or most turn based rpgs of the 3DS. It's certainly quite easy during the main story though.

@Pokefanmum82 I can only recommend Stories since I haven't played the oher 2, but even if I play them chances I would still prefer and recommend Stories more considering that it became my favourite game of the 70+ 3DS games I have. It's definitely easy to get into, and much better than what any of the Pokemon games did this generation, even as a long time Pokemon fan.

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

Tiefseemiez

@roy130390
I didn't say it is easy. I said it is easy to get into. Which it is in my opinion.
And by relaxed I mean: You don't have to be quick while playing (avoiding enemies, navigating through obstacle parcours, adding moving sushi plates, ...)

Edited on by Tiefseemiez

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

roy130390

@Tiefseemiez Oh yeah you are definitely right about that, for some reason I thought you talked about difficulty at some point, I think I didn't read it properly. Anyway, I agree with that.

roy130390

The_Legend77

MH Stories is a great game and I highly recommend it. I restarted my game as I wasn't too far last time. I'm now further in and loving it. It sees to take a bit to truly get started but even then I was having fun collecting items and what not. Never played much of the real MH games but I strongly suggest this one. It is a lot different than normal MH games but in a good way.

144 Physical Switch Games and counting. Updated November 16, 2018

Xyphon22

So I just saw that My Nintendo has added some new games for free with gold coins. Two I have heard are good and have wanted are Severed and Noitu Love: Devolution. But they are both on 3DS rather than Wii U or Switch. I didn't even know they were on 3DS. Are these games still good and worth getting on an original 3DS?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

SuperLuigi111

roy130390 wrote:

@SuperLuigi111 Resident Evil Revelations is a great third person shooter, along with Resident Evil Mercenaries, however the latter is intended for online co-op play. I think there's also a free to play game named Irnfall Invasion but I have never tried it.

Mario 3D land, Sonic Lost World and Rayman 3D are the only 3D platformers that I know.

Damn, was hoping there'd be more than those. A real shame there aren't, this would be a great console for them.

SuperLuigi111

Lloiddd

Yeah the girl at Gamestop told me a year ago when I told her I like MOnster Hunter and that I wanted to buy MH stories she said no, it's good rpg but it's not like MH. lol

Lloiddd

SuperLuigi111

Anyone played Splinter Cell 3D? Been wanting it for a long time, but IGN said it wasn't great. Anyone feel differently?

SuperLuigi111

roy130390

@SuperLuigi111 Hey, maybe lego Marvel's Avengers will interest you. It's an action adventure game with an open world to free roam in 3D. I will share a post I made on reddit about it for you and anyone interested. It's a long post though.

I discovered this game a few days ago and found myself really enjoying it. I'm not a big fan of Lego games but I have played a few of them and Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS4, just to specify) was the one that finally clicked with me. After having such a good experience, I decided to check the portable version since I prefer to play on my 3DS rather than on console, but the results were quite underwhelming when I saw that the portable version of that game was completely different in a bad way. Then, I discovered that the versions of Lego City Undercover and Lego Marvel's Avengers were more faithful and while offering different (and more limited as expected) content they did offer free roaming and most of the features of the console and pc versions, so I decided to try the latter as I had a really good time with the other Lego Marvel game.

These are my impressions of different aspects like gameplay, graphics, content and even soundtrack and sounds.

In terms of content, from my understanding the console version of these games offers more sandboxes to free roam like Asgard and South Africa while the 3DS version only offers New York and the Helicarrier, which are also featured in the console version. Lego Marvel's Avengers was considered a step back in comparison to Lego Marvel Super Heroes since many popular heroes like Spider-man, X men and the Fantastic Four aren't featured in the game and even less characters (including DLC) aren't featured in the 3DS version, like Fing Fang Foom, probably because of hardware limitations. Both console and portable versions (Vita and 3DS are the same version by the way) feature exclusive main and side missions and the portable versions lack co-op gameplay, which personally is the only big negative for me.

The gameplay is completely faithful to the console versions. There are a few limitations like Quicksilver and Speed not being able to run to the top of the buildings. The gameplay is actually expanded from Lego Marvel Super Heroes, featuring a Hulk and other strong characters that can actually do Super Jumps and climbing and many charcters being able to do combinations of attacks between them. The gameplay consists on models seen in third person perspective, with a free camera to move at will with the shoulder buttons and different powers and combat styles between characters. This may be my imagination, but the controls felt more polished and reponsive that on the console version, since I enjoyed flying more and felt less frustrated by doing the time trial missions on this game. It could also be that the missions were more polished in general too. Things like Hulk doing super jumps ad climbing may seem like a small feature after losing so many characters from the previous game, specially to fans, but then again having such a faithful feature from the character than enhances exploration and does justice to him made the game way more enjoyable for me. Using "Igor", wich is an Iron Man armor similar to the Hulkbuster is even better since you can combine Iron Man's flying with said super jumps and climbing. A lot of important characters aren't featured and some appearing won't matter to many people, but I'm sure that for most players, there will be a character that they'll enjoy as fans or at least just for the pure gameplay. I found the puzzles more enjoyable, finding the perfect balance between optional hints and simple yet different puzzles to do that felt more satisfactory to accomplish than the ones featured on Lego Marvel Super Heroes, despite of their simplicity. The game and missions were simply more enjoyable and felt more varied, having the right length to prevent missions from getting boring. There are also many collectibles and characters to find, along with challenges to complete, in case you get bored of the main missions.

In terms of graphics, the game has good looking models and the city is quite detailed. Of course, you can't have as many citizens as on the console versions so the city feels more empty, but still lively enough to feature the constant presence of many citizens and cars roaming the streets. Places that are far away look foggy, but the models manage to appear clearly at the right time, even when moving at high speed. To be honest is quite an impressive version on a handheld, and definitley a massive improvement over the other Lego games that offer a top down perspective and linear gameplay.

When it comes to performance, I didn't find as many problems as in other Lego games. A couple of times the game closed when I tried to make the side quests, thankfully both times right at the start and not while completing them. It also had the occasional and brief framedrops.

The music and sound are good, featuring the main theme of the Avengers film in diferent versions along with other songs. It fits well, it's nothing expectcular. The game features the recorded dialogues of the films so it's a bit weird, however the well done humour makes everything better and fun to watch. The custscenes aren't skippable though. While using Hulk, people are always shouting and running away from you, so the shouts do become a bit annoying. Thankfully, they don't shout with Iron man's heavy armors so you can experience the same gameplay without that inconvenience.

The game is easily a 9/10 for me. Even with less content, it still offers a lot and you can easily play many hours trying to find the collectibles or simply enjoying how fun is to use many characters than can run fast, fly or jump long distances. The game does lack important marvel characters, but honestly, the only downsides for me where the co-op and the fact that you can't replay side missions for some reason. It could also benefit from offering a few henchmen fights every now and then on free roam, in order to keep having stuff to do after finding everything or if you feel tired of replaying the main missions and challenges. It would also be nice if acrobatic characters like daredevil offered a bit more of possibilities when it comes to moving and climbing, since they are way more limited and seem almost useless when it comes to moving long distances.

I really hope people check this game since it's pretty much the best super hero game on portable by a long shot, and Lego Marvel games are probably the most faithful to actually playing a free roaming game with most of your favourite marvel characters. Aside from Spiderman, most of them lack a proper game and this is the closest thing. This version was barely reviewed since reviewers focused on the console version, but it's important to notice that this is one of the few portable games that offer a proper sandbox and that actually show almost the same quality. Most of the times reviewers say "go for the console version since this one is inferior" but not everyone has that posibility or some, like me, don't mind the few limitations in order to have this experience on the go.

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic