Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,621 to 2,640 of 2,670

Xyphon22

@WoomyNNYes I'm sure you have, but have you looked it up online? I remember there was one time I did that with a used game and there was no way I could find to delete the old save file, but I found online there is apparently some random button combination to hold down on the startup screen that will do like a hard reset and delete everything (like X, A, R, and Start or something strange). And I mean everything on the cartridge, not the system.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Tyranexx

@Dogorilla That does seem weird. And yet other games in their respective franchises are? That would be driving me crazy, especially with how many of those games are rising up to obscene prices physical. Used even.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

WoomyNNYes

@Xyphon22 Oh, reeallllly? I like the sound of that. If I can't find it, I'm coming back here to boo you! lol Just playing. We'll see what we find Thanks!<3

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Xyphon22 Shucks. No such luck. I only found search results of people confirming that SEGA told them they can't clear the game save on Monkey Ball 3D. Well, it was a good idea @Xyphon22, thanks for the suggestion<3

'Tendo liker

Dogorilla

@Tyranexx It is strange, especially because I'm pretty sure those games have been on sale here before (Radiant Historia certainly has because I bought it on sale). At least Atlus's games tend to be reasonably priced on the eShop even when they're not on sale. I don't know if they did this in all regions but in Europe they significantly lowered the prices of some games once they'd been out for a while; Etrian Odyssey IV is only £8.99 on the eShop even when it's not on sale, for example.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

gcunit

@Xyphon22 @WoomyNNYes The button combination trick is for DS games. I've not heard of an equivalent for 3DS games. But if you run custom firmware on your 3DS, you may be be able to manage your way around the situation. I bought the Monkey Ball 3D game used and don't recall encountering a save file issue, but it was a while ago, and I suppose I could have just got a copy that didn't have any save data, but that would have been unusual.

But generally speaking, if I have a 3DS cart with save data, when I rip the .cia file to my 3DS's internal storage, it only dumps the game, not the save. If I want the save data too I have to use a separate save data manager to copy it over.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

jump

There’s another trick you can try. If you pull the cart out when saving it may corrupt the save data which then defaults to the original blank non saved state.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

jump wrote:

There’s another trick you can try. If you pull the cart out when saving it may corrupt the save data which then defaults to the original blank non saved state.

😠😠😠Terrible idea. Eel!?, @jump is making terrible ideas. haha<3

Corrupted game saves can only be solved by making a new game save file, which is what we can't do here. So, I'm not going to go down that road. If you were playing around, I still appreciate the @jump

On the plus side, as far as I could see, I think the game came with like 30% complete, which is much better than everything being completed.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

@Dogorilla Yep, that is a perk work Atlus's 3DS eShop offerings; they significantly dropped the prices some time ago. Etrian Odyssey IV is normally $19.99 going by the eShop price. Same with Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology. So $9.99/half off for those two isn't bad at all.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

octokid

3DS is dead, but I might be getting a 2DS XL. Which games (outside of ACNL, Tomodachi life and miitopia) do you guys recommend?

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref
have a good day! stay hydrated! et cetera!
(any pronouns, she/they preferred, thank you!)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

WoomyNNYes

@octokid Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 7

Do you even drift, bro? I'm just playing with you there, cause there's drifting in Mario Kart.

Mario Kart 7 online racing is still active. I still play some every 2-3 months. MK7 is very similar to Mario Kart 8; the character weight classes are the same, karts & parts stats are similar to MK8. So, if you wanted new Mario Kart 8 content, Mario Kart 7 can serve that purprose. And getting 3 star ratings on all cups is a decent challenge. AI can be a bit ruthless at times in150cc, but eventually, skill will get you 3 stars on a cup.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

octokid

@WoomyNNYes I was thinking about MK7. The 2DS XL i was looking at comes with it!

amazing new mexico sunset. im hanging on a bridge with my friend-[GUNSHOTS] /ref

Switch Friend Code: SW-5873-1162-6324 | 3DS Friend Code: 3025-2448-4778 | My Nintendo: MonkeyMoo | Nintendo Network ID: MissMonkeyMoo

WoomyNNYes

@octokid I hope you can find a decent deal. 2DS XL's have been at scalper prices since fall/winter, or longer. Around $300+ dollars for a new one in the US.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

octokid

@WoomyNNYes I'm in Canada, and I found one for auction. It's in good condition, a few scratches but they don't bother me. So far the highest bid is $38 USD, which is 42 Canadian. Doesn't have a box which might explain good prices.
Edit, I meant 45 Canadian bucks. Edit 2: Things just escalated really fast, up to 75 USD! 90 Canadian!

Edited on by octokid

PSVR_lover

octokid wrote:

@WoomyNNYes I'm in Canada, and I found one for auction. It's in good condition, a few scratches but they don't bother me. So far the highest bid is $38 USD, which is 42 Canadian. Doesn't have a box which might explain good prices.
Edit, I meant 45 Canadian bucks. Edit 2: Things just escalated really fast, up to 75 USD! 90 Canadian!

That’s an amazing price, I would so jump on this.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Maximumbeans

@Wavey84 When I finally get around to playing 3D OOT, it will be my first proper go with the title.
Sacrilege to some people but there just wasn't the money when I was growing up so I had to pick and choose carefully...Zelda just wasn't on my radar.
I've grown to appreciate the series so hopefully I'll enjoy it.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

Odins_Right_Eye

@theblackdragon Definitely Luigi's mansion dark moon. It's a really Entertaining game. The game is divided up into missions which is really nice because you can just play one mission and feel accomplished. I always feel like i need to to more in luigi's mansion 1 and in think the game being divided up into missions is especially good for when you just need something to do for 15 minutes or so.
Thank you for your time

Odins_Right_Eye

Maximumbeans

I've been giving Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology a try lately and I have to say, it's pretty good. Slow to start but it's getting better the more I play.

Hang on to your youthful enthusiasms - you'll be able to use them better when you're older.

3DS Friend Code: 0490-8421-1170

BongoBongo123

What good Metroidvania games would you recommend on 3ds?

BongoBongo123

mcdreamer

@BongoBongo123 Perhaps a really obvious one, but Samus Returns is excellent if you've not yet played that.

mcdreamer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic