Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,621 to 2,640 of 2,701

mosskit

animal crossing new leaf

and (Underrated opinion) Animal crossing happy home designer

meow

Tiefseemiez

@mosskit
Happy Home Designer was a great game! I never really understood what makes people love Animal Crossing so much. I always liked the design, but for me it was lacking a purpose.
Happy Home Designer delivered just that. And since I loved designing houses already in Sims, I was instantly intrigued. Surely it becomes repetitive after a while, but most games do. And for smaller bursts and on the go it is a really neat game.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

BookDragon

Are there any good FPS or TPS for 3DS, rated T or under?

Currently playing: Sm4sh, (always) Terraria, Mario & lulgi: deam team.
Want list: WarioWare gold,

gcunit

@BookDragon Metroid Prime Hunters on DS is good. And while I haven't played my copy yet, I bet Federation Force is half decent too.

Kid Icarus is pretty essential if you haven't tried that.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

roy130390

@BookDragon I second @gcunit . Both Hunters and Federation Force (despite the ridiculous hate) are quite good FPS. There's also Bionicle for DS, which I got for cheap and was quite enjoyable.

roy130390

BookDragon

@roy130390 thanks I was really on the fence about getting Federation Force, but I didn't know if the game was bad or if the fans where just salty, if I can get people to play with me I'll definitely get it.

Currently playing: Sm4sh, (always) Terraria, Mario & lulgi: deam team.
Want list: WarioWare gold,

Knighty_IX

@BookDragon Metroid Prime: Hunters and Kid Icarus: Uprising are definitely essential shooters for the DS and 3DS respectively. Both are chockful of features but Metroid Prime: Hunters emphasizes more on multiplayer content than single-player, and they both have bots if you're missing some players and are fairly challenging at higher difficulties. They're both incredibly smooth to play and are easily the most hectic shooters on Nintendo handhelds.

I would also look into the Call of Duty series for the DS but only if you can find friends to play together locally since the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is down. They feel a lot more muted in comparison but they shine just as well in multiplayer. I'd probably go with Call of Duty: Black Ops for its multiplayer: up to 6 players, introduces the Perk abilities, and a 2-player co-op Zombie Mode. Otherwise, Call of Duty: World at War and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Mobilized are far better in the single player department.

E.X. Troopers is an another impressive TPS for the 3DS that you should also look out for but it's only out in Japan. So you would need to import it and have a Japanese 3DS.

Knighty_IX

BlueOcean

@Scrungo I find X/Y extremely boring, I still haven't beaten it, but I'm not the biggest Pokemon fan. I remember Pokemon on GBA much more interesting though.

BlueOcean

BlueOcean

@Tokiwa Apart from MK7 and Outrun, both great in 3D, there aren't many good racers for 3DS and that's unfortunate. If only they remade Diddy Kong Racing for 3DS, the DS version is a bit of a mess.

Well, you have Sonic & All-stars Racing Transformed, it doesn't look as good as on consoles but you can check that one because is good.

BlueOcean

Tokiwa

@BlueOcean Shame, while i love both MK7 and Outrun i would like to have more options.

Sonic All Stars is pretty good but i already own on PC, thanks for the suggestion though.

Tokiwa

samus1818

Resident Evil Revelations. That game still looks great, fun game, and I think it's one of the best looking games on the 3DS. I also remember buying this game when the 3DS was still new.

samus1818

SuperLuigi111

Anyone got some 3D platformers or third person shooters to recommend for this console? I own a 3DS but have very few games for it, would love to hear some suggestions.

SuperLuigi111

Pokefanmum82

I’m having a hard time deciding between MH Stories, Sushi Striker or Treasure Tracker.....just not sure which one I want lol I’m not really good at platformers..is Treasure Tracker really hard? Is Stories hard to get into?

Want: Mario Party Top 100, Atlus games, Psychic Spectres for the 3DS. For the Switch Kirby Star Allies, Yoshi and many others.

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing Stories, Crystal and Ultra Sun.

roy130390

@SuperLuigi111 Resident Evil Revelations is a great third person shooter, along with Resident Evil Mercenaries, however the latter is intended for online co-op play. I think there's also a free to play game named Irnfall Invasion but I have never tried it.

Mario 3D land, Sonic Lost World and Rayman 3D are the only 3D platformers that I know.

roy130390

Tiefseemiez

@Pokefanmum82
I didn't finish MH: Stories, but it was well-made.
It also is very easy to get into since -like all three games- aims for a younger audience. You have a pretty tough choice to make though. Captain Toad also is a really great game (and I love the music). Sushi Striker probably is great aswell (only played the Demo), but it is more hectic than the other too I 'd say.
Stories might be the most relaxed one regarding the atmosphere and the gameplay. Toad is the cutest one though.

roy130390

@Tiefseemiez I don't know, MH Stories post game content is actually quite challenging, way more than the average monster catching game or most turn based rpgs of the 3DS. It's certainly quite easy during the main story though.

@Pokefanmum82 I can only recommend Stories since I haven't played the oher 2, but even if I play them chances I would still prefer and recommend Stories more considering that it became my favourite game of the 70+ 3DS games I have. It's definitely easy to get into, and much better than what any of the Pokemon games did this generation, even as a long time Pokemon fan.

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

Tiefseemiez

@roy130390
I didn't say it is easy. I said it is easy to get into. Which it is in my opinion.
And by relaxed I mean: You don't have to be quick while playing (avoiding enemies, navigating through obstacle parcours, adding moving sushi plates, ...)

Edited on by Tiefseemiez

roy130390

@Tiefseemiez Oh yeah you are definitely right about that, for some reason I thought you talked about difficulty at some point, I think I didn't read it properly. Anyway, I agree with that.

roy130390

The_Legend77

MH Stories is a great game and I highly recommend it. I restarted my game as I wasn't too far last time. I'm now further in and loving it. It sees to take a bit to truly get started but even then I was having fun collecting items and what not. Never played much of the real MH games but I strongly suggest this one. It is a lot different than normal MH games but in a good way.

The_Legend77

Xyphon22

So I just saw that My Nintendo has added some new games for free with gold coins. Two I have heard are good and have wanted are Severed and Noitu Love: Devolution. But they are both on 3DS rather than Wii U or Switch. I didn't even know they were on 3DS. Are these games still good and worth getting on an original 3DS?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic