3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 261 to 280 of 1,840

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

261. Posted:

Blugh, SSFIV was a bummer of an experience. Those lifeless ugly backgrounds with the cardboard cut out 'still' animals and people were just depressing. :p Plus enabeling '3D' shot the game down to 30 frames per second. Which i find hilarious, considering Monkey Ball 3D imo is visually more pleasing than SSFIV and that's running at 60!...:p

And personally, I'm just not into online gaming....I find it to be lifeless, and far less enjoyable than actually playing against somebody like back in the good old NES/SNES days at your friends place or getting together at the arcade. B-)

SSFIV is hands down the worst 3DS game I've played of the....er...4? :p Nintendog's was quite the snooz as well. Both games for the most part offered unimpressive 3D effects as wellzy'. Anyways, is Bit Trip 3D worth getting? I'm kind of leaning towards the Wii version, but part of me wants to just get both....then again, part of me doesn't even know if i wan't to get either. eek! :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

262. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Blugh, SSFIV was a bummer of an experience. Those lifeless ugly backgrounds with the cardboard cut out 'still' animals and people were just depressing. :p Plus enabeling '3D' shot the game down to 30 frames per second. Which i find hilarious, considering Monkey Ball 3D imo is visually more pleasing than SSFIV and that's running at 60!...:p

And personally, I'm just not into online gaming....I find it to be lifeless, and far less enjoyable than actually playing against somebody like back in the good old NES/SNES days at your friends place or getting together at the arcade. B-)

SSFIV is hands down the worst 3DS game I've played of the....er...4? :p Nintendog's was quite the snooz as well. Both games for the most part offered unimpressive 3D effects as wellzy'. Anyways, is Bit Trip 3D worth getting? I'm kind of leaning towards the Wii version, but part of me wants to just get both....then again, part of me doesn't even know if i wan't to get either. eek! :p

Meh. SSTV was a Launch title so I give it Leway. DOA didnt get 60fps and the only one so far is Tekken 3d prime and thats like the fourth fighting game on the system .

I give SFFIV some Credit as its running a version of the MT framework 2.0. something the wii Couldn't even do. (its running a striped down version of MT Framework 1.0 lol)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

263. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Meh. SSTV was a Launch title so I give it Leway. DOA didnt get 60fps and the only one so far is Tekken 3d prime and thats like the fourth fighting game on the system .

I give SFFIV some Credit as its running a version of the MT framework 2.0. something the wii Couldn't even do. (its running a striped down version of MT Framework 1.0 lol)

Really? The Wii couldn't pull off what SSFIV did on the 3DS? If anything the Wii would of wiped the floor with the Backgrounds, we would of seen some actual animations, more detail and stuff that's for sure. Yet the 3DS seems to be the shimmy' king when it comes to it's PS3/360-like Shader effects.....But ugh, those horrible backgrounds make me a sad panda. :p

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

264. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Really? The Wii couldn't pull off what SSFIV did on the 3DS? If anything the Wii would of wiped the floor with the Backgrounds, we would of seen some actual animations, more detail and stuff that's for sure. Yet the 3DS seems to be the shimmy' king when it comes to it's PS3/360-like Shader effects.....But ugh, those horrible backgrounds make me a sad panda. :p

Yep The 3DS game is a direct port of the 360/PS3 game with only a few minor changes (backgrounds for 3d reasons). Another reason why the wii couldn't get the game. To port SFIV to the wii it would have to be rebuilt from the ground up. Thats the reason why the wii didn't get MVC or why the PS3/360 didnt get TVC.

Also fun Fact when Capcom was choosing where to put the mobile edition of Street Fighter 4 it was between the 3DS and PSP. They Choose the 3DS when the Resident Evil Team ported a fully Playable version of Resident Evil 5 to the 3DS.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

265. Posted:

yikes, that's insane. Pretty cool to hear! B-)
But i find a little of this a bit confusing and wonky. I mean look at how gorgeous Super Mario galaxy 1 & 2 look for example, and then you compare them to Super Mario 3D Land and clearly Galaxy 1 & 2 have a bit of the upper hand in polygon power by the looks of things.

SM3DLand looks beautiful, but it doesn't exactly seem to be on the exact same scale as Galaxy 1 & 2 are in ways. Maybe Nintendo is trying to keep things a little more minimal, then again the 3D takes up alot of power so i guess you have to keep that in mind.

AuthorMessage

Karakato

266. Posted:

Thanks guys for your thoughts, I'm leaning towards Pilotwings at the moment, so I'll be getting that before 3D Land and Uncharted 3 come out.

@Waveboy - the only thing that Bit Trip Saga has against the wii version is portability factor. The 3D is really tame IMO to the point where I can't really distinguish the 3D. Maybe thats for the better since it would really get distracting when the game gets hectic. There are also the cases of slowdowns, especially in runner, that really makes it better to leave the 3D effect off. The only people I see getting this game over the Wii are portable gamers which, judging by your past posts, you are not. But that said, I love the game and will recommend it to anyone with a 3DS who wants to play on the fly.

Oh and regarding SSFIV 3D, Just bought the game and after logging 6 hours into it, I really enjoy it. Not as good as Dead or Alive though, but still addicting. I really don't mind the static backgrounds, thats understandable since it was a launch title. Can't see people finding it worse than Nintendogs though, a WASTE of money for me there. Different strokes for different folks I guess :P

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

267. Posted:

Thanks for the info! ;)
I think 'if i do' I'll definitly end up getting the Wii version of Bit Trip Saga seeing as how the 3D by the sounds of it is super tame, plus the added wonky slowdown would drive me nuts for these types of games where every single little precious ultra milasecond counts.lol

Anyways, I'm going to finish up Super Monkey Ball tonight. And I doubt I'll ever bother with Monkey Racing ever again....yuckster! :p

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

268. Posted:

Dang, i only put it in maybe 30 minutes of monkey ball 3D tonight since i started to get tired, which of course gets my eyes a little fuzzy causing a little trouble seeing the 3D effect properly. :p

Anyways, it's hilarious how the 3D effect makes this game 10x more enjoyable. Because if this game didn't have any 3D effect at all i wouldn't even bother with it. Because it wouldn't look or feel special....It would instead come off as the worst and most watered down noob friendly beginners anti-complex Monkey ball around. :p

But holy crap does the 3D make it magical and just beauitiful to look at and experience. It's the same deal with PilotWings Resort....If it didn't have the 3D effect it wouldn't of been even close to as enjoyable as it is with it. That goes to show, at least for me how much of an enourmous impact and game changer '3D' is. It amps up the fun factor, drenching these titles in a layer of pure magic, immerses you 10x more into the game, makes the games 'look' sharper, more dazzling and greater graphically and over all it's just a giant flat out wowza. :D :p

So far I'd give Monkey Ball 3D maybe a 7....Without the 3D effect I'd knock it down to a 5. Maybe that's being too hard, but lets get monkey real here. There's pretty much zero challenge here.....And that's completely insane considering this is a monkey ball game. :o lol

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

zdyoshikpl

269. Posted:

Tetris Axis, also the very underrated game Steel Diver.

Visit my blog Nintendo Gamer Thoughts

AuthorMessage

HeraldMastema

270. Posted:

I'm just about to get a 3DS next week, and I'm having trouble deciding which games to get. I'm probably getting three. So far I'm trying to decide between Dead or Alive and BlazBlue for a fighting game. It's my favorite genre. As for the other two, I have no idea what to pick. Any suggestions?

Gloria! Gloria!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

271. Posted:

HeraldMastema wrote:

I'm just about to get a 3DS next week, and I'm having trouble deciding which games to get. I'm probably getting three. So far I'm trying to decide between Dead or Alive and BlazBlue for a fighting game. It's my favorite genre. As for the other two, I have no idea what to pick. Any suggestions?

I'm getting Dead or Alive. From what I have heard and seen Blazblue is a lazy port with some slowdown here and there. Also no online.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

HeraldMastema

272. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

HeraldMastema wrote:

I'm getting Dead or Alive. From what I have heard and seen Blazblue is a lazy port with some slowdown here and there. Also no online.

I never play online anyway, so that's not really a problem for me. Slowdown is annoying, though. How bad does it get?

Gloria! Gloria!

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

273. Posted:

Definitely Dead or Alive. It's built for the 3DS, has tons of modes, unlockables, and best of all it has an online component. Like @shingi_70 said, BlazBlu is a sloppy port with no online features.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

274. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

HeraldMastema wrote:

Not sure how Bad it is but any slowdown is Bad for a Fighter Like BlazBlue with the erratic models and basis on combat links.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

HeraldMastema

275. Posted:

Any reccomendations for what the other two games should be? I was thinking of trying Ridge Racer.

Gloria! Gloria!

AuthorMessage

kirby95

276. Posted:

Should I get Super Monkey Ball 3D? I saw it pretty cheap at this shop and I would like to know if it'd be a worth or waste of money.This site gave it an 8/10 but others give it usually a 4 or 5 out of 10. It was criticized for being to short and having only one good mode. I've never even played previous games in the series. So could someone please help me decide? Thanks.

3DS Friend Code: 1375 7224 8981Mario Kart Wii FC: 4726 8194 3170Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 3953 7766 2972Please add me!!!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

277. Posted:

kirby95 wrote:

Should I get Super Monkey Ball 3D? I saw it pretty cheap at this shop and I would like to know if it'd be a worth or waste of money.This site gave it an 8/10 but others give it usually a 4 or 5 out of 10. It was criticized for being to short and having only one good mode. I've never even played previous games in the series. So could someone please help me decide? Thanks.

I just finished the main game and unlocked the final World which I have yet to play, but nah....I think NL went a little overboard with the 8/10. If it weren't for the dazzling 3D effect which makes the experience 10x greater than it actually is, i would of given this one a 4/10....But as it is, so far at least I'd give it around a 6.5 or maybe a 7 if I'm being generous. The main problem with it is that it has thee' weakest, the dumbest, the blandest and simplistic MB level design in MB history....

There's next to no challenge to speak of, and when there is it's completely laughable even comparison to previous MB titles like Banana Blitz for example.

Speaking of Banana blitz, i seriously miss the Wii remote motion controls to tilt the game board which felt so intuitive and were such a blast to use, plus I loved the ability to jump......Monkey Ball 3DS however resorts back to analog(or gyro which i haven't used yet) with zero jump button and brain dead easy level design until you make it to the final 2 worlds, where the challenge there is luke warm at best, then again, maybe I'm just being nice. :p

Seriously, this games saving grace is the great 3D effect, which totaly gives you a nice sense of depth, improves the gameplay enormously and makes the experience magical to look at. :) If this game didn't have any 3D effect to speak of i wouldn't bother with this one at all, it would feel completely pointless and a waste of time.....

But if you can score it for super cheap, i'd say go for it just to experience the 3D effect. :D I aboslutely love those storybook paper pop out animations which are shown before you enter a world. Pretty amazing stuff! Anyways, i enjoyed the first 3 worlds, but the last few started to gradually bore me. I've got one more to go and that's it for me. :p

Monkey Fight seems 'ok' if you can manage to remember the confusing control lay out, and Monkey Kart feels and looks like some horrible souless knock off of Mario Kart. lol I'm still glad i picked it up, again just because of the 3D effect. Funny how 3D can make a game so much greater than it actually is. Because PilotWings Resort is another title i'd normally have no interest in playing, but the 3D took over and i played that one like a beast! I had a pretty great time with it. B-)

3D is such a major game changer in my eyes, anybody who labels it a 'gimmick' nead their tiny Smurf brain examined. B-)

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

278. Posted:

HeraldMastema wrote:

Any reccomendations for what the other two games should be? I was thinking of trying Ridge Racer.

yeah awesome game. my favorite 3ds game so far

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

iBeatz

279. Posted:

I'm getting one piece ultimate cruise, pokemon rumble blast, mario kart 7, mario land 3d, bit.trip saga, centipede infestation, zelda and face racers

iBeatz

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

280. Posted:

i was just wondering what was the better puzzle game between tetris:axis and mahjong cu3ed? my dad is coming down this weekend to take me shopping for birthday presents. I'm getting Super Street Fighter IV and i just wanted another game that was a puzzle one.

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids