Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 2,628

maruse

@zitpig yes, I thought as much. For that price it might be worth picking

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | 3DS Friend Code: 1693-6257-5220 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

maruse

Sorry for keeping asking and asking!!
I've always loved Castlevania and for my New 2DS I wanted to get Mirror of Fate... IGN says that the game is very bad, but here and Kotaku say it's good. I played the demo and found the controls will get a bit used to and the enemies are quite tough, but I didn't dislike it.
What are your opinions on this game? It is still quite expensive so I need to think it carefully before deciding...

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | 3DS Friend Code: 1693-6257-5220 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

Dee0342

maruse wrote:

Sorry for keeping asking and asking!!
I've always loved Castlevania and for my New 2DS I wanted to get Mirror of Fate... IGN says that the game is very bad, but here and Kotaku say it's good. I played the demo and found the controls will get a bit used to and the enemies are quite tough, but I didn't dislike it.
What are your opinions on this game? It is still quite expensive so I need to think it carefully before deciding...

I really liked Mirror of Fate and I thought it was a great sequel to Lords of Shadow. Unfortunately the triology ended quite poorly with Lords of Shadow 2 though. What your facing in Mirror of Fate is a 9-10 hour game that has some nice exploration, platforming and combat. Although the game gives a Metroidvania-type impression, it is much more liniear, so be warned if you got the wrong impression.

Dee0342

LuckyLand

I liked Mirror of fate too. I don't even like the original Lord of Shadows, but Mirror of fate is much better in my opinion. It is not perfect, not even close, but it is the best Castlevania game since Aria of sorrow. The only Castlevania game I liked after Aria of sorrow honestly.

I would like a little help. I like the 3DS but my major complain abut it is that Golden Axe was never released on it and I cannot find anything similar. I tried Heroes of ruin but it is not good enough, I tried Hyrule warriors and I enjoyed it but it was not similar enough... Any suggestions?

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Spoony_Tech

@LuckyLand Try Code of Princess.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ginofresh

hey guys should I get Pokemon sun or wait for the sun 2 to come out?

Ginofresh

KrispieKurt

KrispieKurt
1KrispieKurt11:12pm
I do not play a ton of games anymore but have always been a fan of first party Nintendo games. Really enjoy the relaxation in their platformers, action in their Zelda games, and addictive nature of "catching 'em all". With that being said, I have narrowed my choices down to what I have heard are 3 amazing games.
Majora's mask - the differing forms of Link look really appealing to me (my parents thought golden eye was appropriate when I was a kid but not Zelda).
Fire Emblem Awakening - many people say this is in their top 3-5 games. The mechanics of the game sound interesting, but I have not ever played a strategy rpg (played the disgaea 3 demo and found it to be pretty good).
Pokémon moon - I think Moon's legendary looks cooler than Sun's. I also really enjoyed Pokémon X (I put nearly 100 hours in that game, which is a ton for me). I should also mention that I played omega ruby for about 30 hours when it was released.
All in all, I am torn on which game to get, as I only want to get one right now. Thanks for your help Nintendo fans!

KrispieKurt

annawini

@Anti-Matter Yes, that's what I mean. Do you think which one is the most worthy one to play?

annawini

Anti-Matter

@annawini
Well...
If you want Heavy Storyline + Challenging gameplay, I recommend Final Fantasy IV NDS / Golden Sun Dark Dawn NDS.

But, If you like something easy, Funny, Quirky, Miitopia 3DS is your game.

Anti-Matter

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Barbiegurl777

Is Monster Hunter Stories 3ds worth looking into? I've never played a monster hunter game before.

Just went on www.Nintendo.com checked out the videos & screenshots. If I get the game I'll probably get monster hunter stories 3ds (the newest monster hunter game). The newer one looks as though it'll have better graphics etc. I did look at the older MH games they look ok graphic wise but I think I'll get the newer game.

Happy Gaming! 😊

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Tops

@Barbiegurl777 Try out the demo for it! I've never played the Monster Hunter series before and Stories is quite different but it's more accessible as an RPG for those of us unfamiliar with the series. I'm playing through the demo and am really enjoying it! I recommend you check it out. Happy Gaming!

Tops

roy130390

@Barbiegurl777 I second what @Tops said. I already finished the demo and despite that I still return to it because it was a really fun experience and I'm really excited for it's released on semtember 8th. Day 1 for me!

roy130390

Barbiegurl777

Ok & thanks! 😊 Does the demo have 30 play limit or unlimited plays? Just curious? I'm DL 'ing it in 2 minutes!

Happy Gaming! 😊

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Tops

@Barbiegurl777 Unlimited plays! Enjoy it as much as you want

Happy Gaming!

Edited on by Tops

Tops

zyn

Hey guys,

I just preordered the 3DS Samus Edition to play Samus Returns next month. However it is the first time for me since the Gamecube to pick up a Nintendo console.

Are there any exclusive games you can recommend me for the 3DS?
I don't need a recommendation for games like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey etc. and also no sport games.

RPGs, Advance Wars like games and Metrovania style games are those I'm looking forward to play.

zyn

VoltageX

@zyn Give a try to fire emblem awakening, ghost recon shadow wars and fantasy life. fantastic games

VoltageX

Dogorilla

@Ginofresh I'd say you might want to wait until we know more about Ultra Sun/Moon. At the moment we don't know whether it will be a completely new story set in the same region, or just an expanded version of Sun/Moon.

Dogorilla

roy130390

@zyn Well, most of the metroidvania games I can think of aren't exclusives since they are also available on other consoles, but they are quite nice to have on the go so I always choose to pick them for the 3DS:

Shovel Knight: Not precisely a metroidvania, but with many hidden secrets and the ability to choose any stage and 3 campaigns available it's a must if you haven't played it and enjoy metroid/megaman games.

Steamworld Dig: This is more Metroidvania like, and while a bit short it's also quite fun. You do your own paths when digging so it offers a unique experience.

Blaster Master Zero: It's a remake of the Original Blaster Master with a more forgiving difficulty.It has many stages to explore and the exploration takes place while driving a tank and on foot, offering two different approaches.

When it comes to RPGs this hanheld shines:

Everything from Etrian Odyssey if you like dungeon exploration and challenge. The game offers a first person perspective and if you choose classic gameplay your party is quite customizable.It's focused on fighting and making maps while exploring so while there's story, it isn't the main focus.

LBX is a pokemon like robot game in which you collect parts to customize your robot and approach fights however you want with different variety to choose like modifying your resistance, speed, weapons and other things. It's an RPG, but the combat is in real time.

I'm supposed you are familiar with the MH games which could also be considered RPGs with real time battles. Monster Hunter Stories will come out on september 8th and will be a different approach to these games, focusing in stealing eggs, training your monsters and turn based battles. The demo is avialable on the shop (personally I really enjoyed it).

Dragon Ball Fusions is another turn based RPG that also uses some tactical gameplay, since the scenario and locations influence the battles. In this one, you can make your own character (you can choose between earthling, saiyan, namekian or alien) and recruit many famous characters from the DB, DBZ and DBGT series. Youc an customize their techniques and fuse them to discover new forms.

roy130390

zyn

@roy130390 thank you for the informations.

I already played and loved Shovel Knight and Steamworld Dig on the Playstation 4 I'm not picking them up again since there is no achievement system in the Nintendo universe as far as I know.

I will definitely look into Etrian Odyssey that sounds interesting I love dungeon crawlers!

I also found out that I can play the old NES and SNES Games (Metroid, Castlevania, Demon's Crest) via Virtual Console I think that will be good for the beginning.

zyn

roy130390

@zyn No problem!

Yeah, having Super Metroid and Demon's Crest (not counting mobile because of the controls) on the go is a dream come true, I actualy forgot to mention that. Don't forget that you also have access to the DS library, which has 3 great Castlevania games and many other great titles to check like The World Ends With You, Megaman ZX/ Megaman Zx Advent and Okamiden.

roy130390

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic