Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 2,677

zyn

Hey guys,

I just preordered the 3DS Samus Edition to play Samus Returns next month. However it is the first time for me since the Gamecube to pick up a Nintendo console.

Are there any exclusive games you can recommend me for the 3DS?
I don't need a recommendation for games like Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey etc. and also no sport games.

RPGs, Advance Wars like games and Metrovania style games are those I'm looking forward to play.

zyn

VoltageX

@zyn Give a try to fire emblem awakening, ghost recon shadow wars and fantasy life. fantastic games

VoltageX

Dogorilla

@Ginofresh I'd say you might want to wait until we know more about Ultra Sun/Moon. At the moment we don't know whether it will be a completely new story set in the same region, or just an expanded version of Sun/Moon.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

roy130390

@zyn Well, most of the metroidvania games I can think of aren't exclusives since they are also available on other consoles, but they are quite nice to have on the go so I always choose to pick them for the 3DS:

Shovel Knight: Not precisely a metroidvania, but with many hidden secrets and the ability to choose any stage and 3 campaigns available it's a must if you haven't played it and enjoy metroid/megaman games.

Steamworld Dig: This is more Metroidvania like, and while a bit short it's also quite fun. You do your own paths when digging so it offers a unique experience.

Blaster Master Zero: It's a remake of the Original Blaster Master with a more forgiving difficulty.It has many stages to explore and the exploration takes place while driving a tank and on foot, offering two different approaches.

When it comes to RPGs this hanheld shines:

Everything from Etrian Odyssey if you like dungeon exploration and challenge. The game offers a first person perspective and if you choose classic gameplay your party is quite customizable.It's focused on fighting and making maps while exploring so while there's story, it isn't the main focus.

LBX is a pokemon like robot game in which you collect parts to customize your robot and approach fights however you want with different variety to choose like modifying your resistance, speed, weapons and other things. It's an RPG, but the combat is in real time.

I'm supposed you are familiar with the MH games which could also be considered RPGs with real time battles. Monster Hunter Stories will come out on september 8th and will be a different approach to these games, focusing in stealing eggs, training your monsters and turn based battles. The demo is avialable on the shop (personally I really enjoyed it).

Dragon Ball Fusions is another turn based RPG that also uses some tactical gameplay, since the scenario and locations influence the battles. In this one, you can make your own character (you can choose between earthling, saiyan, namekian or alien) and recruit many famous characters from the DB, DBZ and DBGT series. Youc an customize their techniques and fuse them to discover new forms.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

zyn

@roy130390 thank you for the informations.

I already played and loved Shovel Knight and Steamworld Dig on the Playstation 4 I'm not picking them up again since there is no achievement system in the Nintendo universe as far as I know.

I will definitely look into Etrian Odyssey that sounds interesting I love dungeon crawlers!

I also found out that I can play the old NES and SNES Games (Metroid, Castlevania, Demon's Crest) via Virtual Console I think that will be good for the beginning.

zyn

roy130390

@zyn No problem!

Yeah, having Super Metroid and Demon's Crest (not counting mobile because of the controls) on the go is a dream come true, I actualy forgot to mention that. Don't forget that you also have access to the DS library, which has 3 great Castlevania games and many other great titles to check like The World Ends With You, Megaman ZX/ Megaman Zx Advent and Okamiden.

zyn

@roy130390 simply by downloading them from the eShop or by using the physical card?

I think you mean:
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

zyn

roy130390

@zyn Exactly, those are the ones I'm talking about

Unfortunately, yo do have to buy them in physical since the shop doesn't sell digital DS games.

zyn

@roy130390 that is great! I prefer physical games over downloads.

zyn

roy130390

@zyn Perfect then! Althought it would be nice to have them on the eshop too just in case you aren't able to find one in physical, but yeah, same here, I always choose physical over digital.

zyn

@roy130390 exactly! already grabbed the cartridge of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow from ebay for EUR 8.
Can't take the ugly German boxing...need to get the JP or US/Uk for that.

zyn

JJavier

@KrispieKurt
Maybe you should try them in a store to chose one.
I tried these 3 in a video game store:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
One for the fire emblem games, I don't recall the name.
And I ended with Ocarina of time, I liked the music.

JJavier

3DS Friend Code: 5086-6607-2727

Swyer87

Hi all

I've just bought my soon to be 5 year old daughter a 3ds for xmas.

I've bought her Mario Kart 7 and was hoping I could get some advice on other games suitable for her age, ones she will be able to do?

She likes sonic but from the few games I've looked at and the reviews they seem to be a bit difficult?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Swyer87

Spoony_Tech

@Swyer87 Kirby games are always fun and often easy enough. I have a 5 year old and he loves Kirby. Also the recent Pikmin looks to be fun and not too hard for kids. Chibi Robo might also deserve a look.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

gcunit

@Swyer87 I've got a five year old too, but she hasn't paid much attention yet to her 2DS.

I tried some of the kids tv-licensed games, e.g. Peppa Pig, Horrid Henry, but the games in them are so simplistic that I've decided to steer clear of them now.

Yoshi's Woolly World might be worth having a look at because it has a 'mellow mode' which is designed for those with little platforming skill. The game is very cute and could have some legs (by turning mellow mode off once she's good at it).

Edit: oh yeah, as Spoony says, Kirby is a delight and well known for its low difficulty.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Spoony_Tech

@Swyer87 I just thought of some more she would like. My daughter is now 8 but when she was 5 she liked Cooking Mama. Check those out as well as Gardening Mama. There is some reading involved but it's not too difficult. When she gets a bit older look at the Style Savy games.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@scubydo Depends on what type of games you like. The 3ds is an rpg machine! There's so much to choose from. You also have games like Metroid Samus Returns as well.

MERG said:

JJavier

@scubydo
Yes, it worth to have the 3DS specially for kids.
We got the 3DS after the switch, and 3DS games are simpler than the Switch.
It is cheaper, easier to carry, has more games, cheaper games, etc.
As a parent, for teens and above I would recommend the Switch, but is just a recommendation, because I enjoy more the 3DS than the Switch.

Edited on by JJavier

JJavier

3DS Friend Code: 5086-6607-2727

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic