Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 2,670

Lucina64

Hi All,

I'm nearing the end of FE: Echoes and I was wondering if you could recommend similar games. I own most of the Fire Emblem games and have pretty much completed them all including DLC etc. I also love the Bravery series and have finished both games. Is there anything in a similar vein to these games?

I don't care about graphics or the age of the game. Like most of you I assume I have several DS models so can still play older games.; Thank you for your time.

Regards,

L

Lucina64

Pokefanmum82

i think Advance Wars is similar to FE and Bravely Default, for that series there's dual strike and days of ruin. There's also the Etrian Odyssey series and Persona Q although those are more dungeon crawlers.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

roy130390

@Lucina64 hve you tried Zone of The Enders: The Fist of Mars? The game is really similar to Fire Emblem but with robots and the attack system is a bit more dynamic since when you attack, you have to mark the enemy and you can even get critical hits if you manage to mark the weak point and when you are attacked, you can evade the mark. If you don't like these options, they can be turned off, but personally I think that's what makes it different from FE. There's a lot of text though, but I really liked the game, and the robot designs and animations agre great.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Lucina64

@Pokefanmum82 & @roy130390 Thank you both for your recommendations I have played any of those games and I am not familiar with snyder of them except for Persona - I'm still playing Persona 5 vg game - I will check them out. @roy130390. I don't mind different battle systems at all and I love a good story so text doesn't bother me. Thanks again to you both.

Oh bonus question I'm thinking of downloading Shadow Dragon (FE) it's been years since i've played it do you think it's worth it?

Lucina64

roy130390

@Lucina64 No problem! Well, I don't have experience with that game however, as far as I know, it's a remake of the first FE so it's more basic in terms of gameplay and most FE fans seem to think that it falls flat in comparison to more recent games but still a solid game, at least on my experience.

Some seem to say that it has a good script (barebones story but solid), with minor characters that have little to no dialogue. As far as I know there isn't support between characters, skills or pairups. I also think there's no carrying and dropping others.

I hope that helps!

Lucina64

@roy130390. Wow thank you for going into such detail. I did play the game briefly years ago however I did not own it. I could not recall much of it but from what I have Googled it seems to support what you have said. I was not expecting the game to be up to current gen standards but as it's less than £10 i'll go for it.

Thanks,

L

Lucina64

maruse

What do you think of Codename: S.T.E.A.M?
I've seen reviews telling it's good and others telling it's bad.
I watched a few videos and the X-com style appeals to me, but don't care much about the characters...
But still, it's just ¥1500 on Amazon (Japan) so that's very cheap and I'm buying a New 2DS XL this Thursday so I need some games for it (I'm getting Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for sure)

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

zitpig

@maruse re@ Codename: S.T.E.A.M.
Seeing as it's cheap, why not buy and try? If it's not your thing, then you've not wasted too much.

I personally love it - despite my initial dislike for the characters and graphics. I wouldn't have bought it at full price, but I bagged it brand new for £10 (roughly ¥1500 as your is). Well worth it.

zitpig

maruse

@zitpig yes, I thought as much. For that price it might be worth picking

maruse

Sorry for keeping asking and asking!!
I've always loved Castlevania and for my New 2DS I wanted to get Mirror of Fate... IGN says that the game is very bad, but here and Kotaku say it's good. I played the demo and found the controls will get a bit used to and the enemies are quite tough, but I didn't dislike it.
What are your opinions on this game? It is still quite expensive so I need to think it carefully before deciding...

Dee0342

maruse wrote:

Sorry for keeping asking and asking!!
I've always loved Castlevania and for my New 2DS I wanted to get Mirror of Fate... IGN says that the game is very bad, but here and Kotaku say it's good. I played the demo and found the controls will get a bit used to and the enemies are quite tough, but I didn't dislike it.
What are your opinions on this game? It is still quite expensive so I need to think it carefully before deciding...

I really liked Mirror of Fate and I thought it was a great sequel to Lords of Shadow. Unfortunately the triology ended quite poorly with Lords of Shadow 2 though. What your facing in Mirror of Fate is a 9-10 hour game that has some nice exploration, platforming and combat. Although the game gives a Metroidvania-type impression, it is much more liniear, so be warned if you got the wrong impression.

Dee0342

LuckyLand

I liked Mirror of fate too. I don't even like the original Lord of Shadows, but Mirror of fate is much better in my opinion. It is not perfect, not even close, but it is the best Castlevania game since Aria of sorrow. The only Castlevania game I liked after Aria of sorrow honestly.

I would like a little help. I like the 3DS but my major complain abut it is that Golden Axe was never released on it and I cannot find anything similar. I tried Heroes of ruin but it is not good enough, I tried Hyrule warriors and I enjoyed it but it was not similar enough... Any suggestions?

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Spoony_Tech

@LuckyLand Try Code of Princess.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ginofresh

hey guys should I get Pokemon sun or wait for the sun 2 to come out?

Ginofresh

KrispieKurt

KrispieKurt
1KrispieKurt11:12pm
I do not play a ton of games anymore but have always been a fan of first party Nintendo games. Really enjoy the relaxation in their platformers, action in their Zelda games, and addictive nature of "catching 'em all". With that being said, I have narrowed my choices down to what I have heard are 3 amazing games.
Majora's mask - the differing forms of Link look really appealing to me (my parents thought golden eye was appropriate when I was a kid but not Zelda).
Fire Emblem Awakening - many people say this is in their top 3-5 games. The mechanics of the game sound interesting, but I have not ever played a strategy rpg (played the disgaea 3 demo and found it to be pretty good).
Pokémon moon - I think Moon's legendary looks cooler than Sun's. I also really enjoyed Pokémon X (I put nearly 100 hours in that game, which is a ton for me). I should also mention that I played omega ruby for about 30 hours when it was released.
All in all, I am torn on which game to get, as I only want to get one right now. Thanks for your help Nintendo fans!

KrispieKurt

annawini

@Anti-Matter Yes, that's what I mean. Do you think which one is the most worthy one to play?

annawini

Anti-Matter

@annawini
Well...
If you want Heavy Storyline + Challenging gameplay, I recommend Final Fantasy IV NDS / Golden Sun Dark Dawn NDS.

But, If you like something easy, Funny, Quirky, Miitopia 3DS is your game.

Anti-Matter

Barbiegurl777

Is Monster Hunter Stories 3ds worth looking into? I've never played a monster hunter game before.

Just went on www.Nintendo.com checked out the videos & screenshots. If I get the game I'll probably get monster hunter stories 3ds (the newest monster hunter game). The newer one looks as though it'll have better graphics etc. I did look at the older MH games they look ok graphic wise but I think I'll get the newer game.

Happy Gaming! 😊

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

roy130390

@Barbiegurl777 I second what @Tops said. I already finished the demo and despite that I still return to it because it was a really fun experience and I'm really excited for it's released on semtember 8th. Day 1 for me!

Barbiegurl777

Ok & thanks! 😊 Does the demo have 30 play limit or unlimited plays? Just curious? I'm DL 'ing it in 2 minutes!

Happy Gaming! 😊

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic