3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 241 to 260 of 1,805

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CosmoXY

241. Posted:

Anybody still on the fence about picking up Starfox should head over to Target (USA). Buy Starfox get any other 3DS game half off. I grabbed that and Pilotwings.

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrArcade

242. Posted:

star fox 64 or zelda oot

MrArcade

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

243. Posted:

Duney wrote:

Anybody still on the fence about picking up Starfox should head over to Target (USA). Buy Starfox get any other 3DS game half off. I grabbed that and Pilotwings.

Wow, thanks for the tip man. I wanted Pilotwings but I was waiting for it to drop price. Now that I can get it for half off I'll buy it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

244. Posted:

Street fighter 4 vs dead or alive?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

245. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Street fighter 4 vs dead or alive?

Buy Dead or Alive: Dimensions. I have both, but I had more fun with Dimensions than Super Street Fighter IV.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ayer99

246. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Street fighter 4 vs dead or alive?

Go with Dead or Alive Dimensions. Way faster, way more fun, way more amazing.

Ayer99 at
http://www.ign.com/blogs/ayer99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Scicri

247. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Street fighter 4 vs dead or alive?

Go with DOA:D. It's built from the ground up to be a 3ds game.

3ds Friend Code:2750-1265-7821
Currently Playing- A Boy & His Blob, Pikmin, NSMBWii
Pichu ftw!
...I have quite a boring sig!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pokefanmum82

248. Posted:

i have question.....is frogger any good? Frogger 3D comes out tomorrow and I was thinking of buying it since it's only 30 bux.

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LucinaSmash

249. Posted:

Nintendogs + cats for $20 at Bestbuy.

Is it recommended if I never experience the previous title.

hype train destinations: Super Smash Bros

AuthorMessage
Avatar

iphys

250. Posted:

I don't play Nintendogs a huge amount, but I think it's worth $20. I never had the original either, but it's a fun novelty, and I like the AR and spotpass and streetpass in it. I think I might end up getting rid of it eventually, but I feel like I got my $20 out of it, and I can probably get most of that back when I sell it.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LucinaSmash

251. Posted:

Toys R Us is selling Steel Diver for $20. Is it worth it?

Edited on by LucinaSmash

hype train destinations: Super Smash Bros

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pntjr

252. Posted:

Super Mario 3D Land or Sonic Generations?
I'm a big sonic fan, but 3D Land really looks good. What to get?
Man, it's like Super Mario 64 vs Sonic Adventure all over again!

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

253. Posted:

Project-L wrote:

Toys R Us is selling Steel Diver for $20. Is it worth it?

Warioswoods praised it a lot. Seems like a game that's worth $20. That's literally half of it's original price. You're going to have to be patient and get used to the controls from what I hear though.

Btw, is Best buy also selling Pilotwings $20? I missed the deal mentioned earlier. :(

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

254. Posted:

I recommend Super Monkey Ball 3D if you can get it for cheap. I'm actually enjoying it! :) So far I've made it up to World 5)which I have yet to play), and i think it's safe to say that this is the most ridiculously easy MB in existense....The lack of challenge and complex level design doesn't compare whatsoever to the previous titles in the franchise, but I'm only half way through the game so i could be a smidge wrong to a certain degree.

Anyways, what makes this game special of course is the 3D. B-) Without it, I don't think it would be worth playing. it just adds a layer of magic to the game that instantly draws you in and makes it pretty darn special. hands down one of the most amazing 3D effects I've ever seen has to be those Paper Pop out book 'World' Animations. Which you can see when you click on one of the Worlds to go to. :o As soon as I clicked on The first World 'Monkey Island(I think it's named)' and when the pop out book animation kicked in seconds later i insantly said, "WOA, OMG. Incredible..." :o

Seriously though Banana Blitz for the Wii destroys this game on all levels. I much prefer the Wii remote motion controls to control the game board rather than the circle pad(I still haven't tried out the gyro controls yet), BB's level design and challenge are far more creative, complex, challenging and a bit larger in scope, PLUS BB had that awesome jump mechanic which i absolutely loved which didn't make it into MB3D.

Still, MB3D is worth checking out again if you can score it for cheap, the 3D just gives it a splash of awesome magic and it makes the experience visually unique and totaly charming and wowish. :p

I'm enjoying it much more than i did with mr. lifeless 'SSFIV' and the sleep inducing Nintendog's + Cats.....And what's the deal with Monkey Racing? Blugh! As for Monkey Fighting....i still keep mixing up the odd button layout, seems semi decent for what it is though hehe.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bambooz1e

255. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I recommend Super Monkey Ball 3D if you can get it for cheap. I'm actually enjoying it! :) So far I've made it up to World 5)which I have yet to play), and i think it's safe to say that this is the most ridiculously easy MB in existense....The lack of challenge and complex level design doesn't compare whatsoever to the previous titles in the franchise, but I'm only half way through the game so i could be a smidge wrong to a certain degree.

Anyways, what makes this game special of course is the 3D. B-) Without it, I don't think it would be worth playing. it just adds a layer of magic to the game that instantly draws you in and makes it pretty darn special. hands down one of the most amazing 3D effects I've ever seen has to be those Paper Pop out book 'World' Animations. Which you can see when you click on one of the Worlds to go to. :o As soon as I clicked on The first World 'Monkey Island(I think it's named)' and when the pop out book animation kicked in seconds later i insantly said, "WOA, OMG. Incredible..." :o

Seriously though Banana Blitz for the Wii destroys this game on all levels. I much prefer the Wii remote motion controls to control the game board rather than the circle pad(I still haven't tried out the gyro controls yet), BB's level design and challenge are far more creative, complex, challenging and a bit larger in scope, PLUS BB had that awesome jump mechanic which i absolutely loved which didn't make it into MB3D.

Still, MB3D is worth checking out again if you can score it for cheap, the 3D just gives it a splash of awesome magic and it makes the experience visually unique and totaly charming and wowish. :p

I'm enjoying it much more than i did with mr. lifeless 'SSFIV' and the sleep inducing Nintendog's + Cats.....And what's the deal with Monkey Racing? Blugh! As for Monkey Fighting....i still keep mixing up the odd button layout, seems semi decent for what it is though hehe.

I too have a copy of super monkey ball 3D. I got it with the 3DS for free. I agree with you that the 3D is used very well in the game. It has to be the easiest Super Monkey ball I've ever seen but i don't mind that. I would recommend the game to any one is a fan of the ball rolling genre :P I would also recommend it to people who like a casual game they can play in short 10min burst. Also with the other min-games, they are OK but just feel to much like a cheap clone of Mario kart and Super Smash Bros. But you can play via DS download which means you can have a bit of fun playing the game with your friends.

Currently Playing:
PC: Team Fortress 2
Ps3: Dark Souls, Black Ops 2
WiiU: SOON
3DS: Pokemon Black 2 & Resident Evil Revalations

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

256. Posted:

For free? Well that's a steal....Literally. :p
I scored mine for $25 + Shipping a month or so ago.

As for Monkey Racing it was pretty awful control wise, and Monkey fighting seemed alright. But I honestly don't even care much for either of those 2 modes or to unlock anything beyond that. I'm just sticking to the main mode which I'm sure I'll wrap up easily later tonight. I think this is the Kids or 'ultra' beginners monk-tastic journey to everything Monkey ball. Monkey Ball veterans will totaly be thrown off by the lack of challenge and ho-hum level design. if this were Banana Blitz but in 3D with the jumping mechanic I'd be instantly in Monkey Ball heaven! :D

And where in the hell are the Bosses in MB3D!? That's another i really dug about BB as well.
Also, at least things become a but more challenging when you're trying to score all of the banana's in each stage. Hopefully that's what people have been trying to do, if not the game is just brain dead easy and much shorter to complete.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Karakato

257. Posted:

Which one of the two titles would you guys recommend over, Pilotwings or Rayman 3D? I am only aiming to get a niche game before the release of 3D land and I can see myself enjoying both titles for different reasons.

Pilotwings looks like the kind of game I would love to play over and over especially when I get back to my apartment after a tiring day to chill and relax, so the "short content" that others are claiming on this game wont bother me at all. I also like the fact that there is so much to do in a single island(i.e. Exploring hidden areas, flying around the scenery in 3d). I would have gotten Rayman 2 immediately since I loved what I played on the playstation way back, but I'm having second thoughts since many reviewers are calling this a bad port. I might as well get it for the ps3, yet I also want it in portable form. And I wont count the price since I can buy them at half price.

And guys regarding Super Street fighter 4 3D, I saw a Lenticular holo-game case in the shops the other day, is it rare? I already have the 1st version of the game on my PS3 but as I said earlier, I like most of my games in portable form.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bambooz1e

258. Posted:

I have Rayman 3D and I would recommend it to any one. The 3D works OK and it is fun. The levels are not too long wither meaning you could play in 15 minute burst.

I highly recommend getting it but, i have not played Pilotwings so you decide.

Currently Playing:
PC: Team Fortress 2
Ps3: Dark Souls, Black Ops 2
WiiU: SOON
3DS: Pokemon Black 2 & Resident Evil Revalations

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

259. Posted:

I haven't played Rayman 3D but I have Pilotwings Resort and it's a bit of fun.
Haven't played it for ages but when I was playing it I think I got around 10 hours out of it plus I'm planning to go back and play it some more sometime soon.
It's not the biggest game in the world, but a bit of fun if you want to play something to fill up some time and you can always aim to get all the medals and beat your high scores.
It's a worthwhile game to buy, in my opinion.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

260. Posted:

@Karakato_001 - I got that holographic case with my copy of SSFIV at launch; considering I only pre-oredered the regular copy for launch with no type of bundle attached, I'd assume it's fairly common.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062