Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 2,672

Blue_Blur

@Barbiegurl777

Tough choice! I answered the same question a page back for another user, but I'll answer again with a few added details since I've gotten to play the games more since then.

I would go with Fire & Ice if you're in the mood for a traditional platformer. It's easy and short, yet well-made and very enjoyable. 100% completion doesn't take too long either; I think it only took me about 8-10 hours. The fire and ice mechanic added a lot of creative puzzles to the game, and it definitely utilizes all of the characters. Fire & Ice also fixed a lot of problems or annoyances that Shattered Crystal had.

I would get Star Rush if you're looking for a game with a lot of replayability. Great party game, for both single player and multi-player. The numerous modes with different gimmicks keep the gameplay interesting. Toad Scramble is really fun alone or with friends; it's nice if you have an amiibo, too, since you can use them to recruit your favorite character at the start of each game. You'll also love the Coinathlon if you love the minigames in Mario Party. There is also, surprisingly, a lot of replay value with this game; not for completion, but all the modes, especially Toad Scramble, are addicting! XD

I found both very enjoyable, so you shouldn't regret either purchase. Hope this helps!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

TOUGHDUDE94

Can you play a Japan or pal DS game on a NA new 3DS

Edited on by TOUGHDUDE94

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TOUGHDUDE94

Thanks@Frosty_09

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Procrastination

Any good open world games? I mean, I already know of Zelda, rcr, Lego city and avengers. Is there any others that I'm missing?

Also, any good racing games?

Thx

OK.

Tyranexx

@Nintenerdguy: No prob! Sorry about that post getting a little long-winded. I would have mentioned other games that I thought would be a great fit, but I tried to stick with games that I've played personally.

I recommend giving Oracle of Seasons another try. Some of the later dungeons are tough, but it's definitely a game worth playing!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MrFizzles

Can anyone recomend a loot rpg? I'm basically looking for a RPG that has me running around killing monsters accepting quests buying weapons and armor from npcs ect

MrFizzles

Oat

@MrFizzles I think there's a game named Hereos of Ruin. It's similar to diablo. If I'm not mistaken there's a demo on the 3ds eshop you can try out. It came out all they way back in 2012

So zetta slow!
3DS Friend code : 0662-8265-1183
NNID: CaptainCharacter
Switch Friend code: SW-6964-7226-0016

Switch Friend Code: SW-6964-7226-0016 | 3DS Friend Code: 0662-8265-1183 | My Nintendo: Oat | Nintendo Network ID: CaptainCharacter

blancobluesman

Hi there
I want to pick up 3 Fire Emblem games for the 3DS. What are the best ones to buy?
Regards
Blanco

blancobluesman

yokokazuo

@blancobluesman is this your first Fire Emblem game?
Overall, I think Awakening is a good place to start and it is also the cheapest. Also since you said 3... Well, if you count Fates' versions separately then there are 3/4 (since Revelations requires Birthright or Conquest) games you can get right now with Echoes coming on the 19th.
Awakening can be a good game to start from since it has many Fire Emblem mechanics from other games including weapon durability along with a new pair up feature. (Which was also included in Fates, but tweaked to be more balanced. It is not in Echoes however since that is a remake) I also think the story is decent/good and enjoyed it quite a bit overall.
Fates has some similarities to and also changes from Awakening such as no weapon durability. It has 2 versions you can buy which are Birthright and Conquest. Birthright is easier and might be better for beginners, but there isn't as much variety in it compared to Conquest. Conquest is more like older Fire Emblem games and has more variety with its objectives, but it is also considerably more difficult. Lastly there is Revelations which is more in the middle in terms of difficulty and it also has some different objectives and some gimmicks for the maps. I have yet to play Birthright myself, but between Conquest and Revelations, I personally preferred Conquest for its variety in the maps and objectives as well as the challenge.

Then there is Echoes which is releasing in the west on May 19th. It is a remake of the second Fire Emblem game (Gaiden) Which was on the Famicom and so it does have some noticeable flaws. I have yet to play it, but recently beat the original game. One of the biggest issues with it are the maps since several of them aren't done so well. As a remake, the maps in Echoes are the same as Gaiden so they might not be very good. Except for a few, I personally didn't have much of an issue with Gaiden's maps and still enjoyed it quite a bit overall. It also has several differences from Fire Emblem games, but some mechanics have been implemented into some more recent ones. Like Fates, weapons don't have a durability and it also has a world map you can traverse as well as being able to switch between 2 characters like in Sacred Stones on the GBA. There are also some differences that never appeared in other games like magic attacks using up health and archers having much more range.

So for choosing 3 games... I think Awakening, one from Fates and Echoes could work. But it might be best to start with one at a time to decide if and which games you want. If you go with Awakening and enjoy it then maybe try Fates. If you want a similar experience, perhaps try Birthright and if you want to try something harder then give Conquest a shot. Echoes is quite different, but if you end up enjoying the other games then I'm sure you would enjoy it as well.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Barbiegurl777

What's the best Harvest Moon game on DS? In graphics. Also do you get married & have kids in the older harvest moon DS games? Really looking for older HM game on DS with good graphics, marriage & have kids. Merci!

Happy Gaming! 😁

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

twrex

I am looking for a tactical rpg with a good story line and well thought out. (Something other than the Fire Emblem games). I found Luminous Arc 1 and 2, Disgaea DS, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Stella Glow and SMT: Devil Survivor 2 Rerecord Breaker locally. Does any of the games stick out as being better than the others and why? Also is there a tactical game you prefer that is not listed and why do you prefer it?
Thanks for Your Time
Twrex

twrex

VoltageX

@twrex Give a try to ghost recon shadow wars. its amazing

VoltageX

twrex

@VoltageX I'll check it out. I just watched a review of it. looks good not what I was expecting. Thanks for the recommendation.

twrex

Fenrir6

@twrex I've played SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (that's a long name...) and I loved it! It's one of my favourite 3DS games, I definitely recommend it!

Fenrir6

Twitter:

twrex

@Fenrir6 I put SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker on hold at the local shop with Final Fantasy Tactics. Thanks for the reply.

twrex

annawini

Any good PRG games in US?

annawini

twrex

@annawini I really Like Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensei IV and the Etrian Odyssey series but I like turn based RPG's. Oh don't forget the huge back log of DS RPG's that are at your finger tips.

Edited on by twrex

twrex

Anti-Matter

@annawini
You mean RPG in English language ?

NDS :

• Golden Sun Dark Dawn
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Final Fantasy IV

3DS :

• Fantasy Life
  • Miitopia ( later on 28 July 2017)
  • Ever Oasis ( later on 23 June 2017)

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Barbiegurl777
Um... Best Harvest Moon for having a child are Magical Melody Gamecube, Tree of Tranquility Wii, Animal Parade Wii. DS version it seems have some downgrades, not really interesting gameplay.
3DS version has not so appealing character design in my opinion...

Anti-Matter

Barbiegurl777

@Anti-Matter

I love how it looks on 3ds & ds for a lot of games. I'd get a Wii version but I play my 3ds a lot more lol. Thanks any ways! 😃

Happy Gaming! 😊

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic