monster hunter generations
Zelda games all of them
pokemon
dragon quest
fire emblem
story of seasons

Zeldalife89

Zeldalife89

@gcunit get monster hunter generations its rly good its not as long as mh4u but still pretty long and it has better gameplay

i think mh4u has like 120 hours gameplay
generations has like 80-90 but thr gameplay is much better and they brought back all the old classic monsters from the older ones as well
and has the most active online community

Zeldalife89

Zeldalife89

@tobibra dont quote me but if its listed for you to buy then i dont think it should be a problem but im not 100 percent on this

Zeldalife89

Vinny

How's the 3DS version of Sonic Lost World?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Lynox5

I'm ready to get into Yo-kai Watch, but I want to know if I need to play the first game first or that I can just start with the (I think the more refined?) second entry in the series. Sadly, that won't come to EU until april next year, but I will be busy with Dragon Quest and Pokémon nevertheless. Just curious!

Backloggery: Lynox
PSN: Lynox081194
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7186-0935

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7186-0935 | Nintendo Network ID: Lynox5

Blue_Blur

@Vinny: I prefer the Wii U version, but the 3DS version isn't terrible. Not the best Sonic game imo, but not the worst, either. Compared to the Wii U version, the 3DS version has tougher bosses, and more creative level design. I thought most of the levels were well-designed, but a few levels stick out in my mind that weren't. The game really utilizes the wall run mechanic and wisps, and the red star rings are quite well-hidden. The special stages are really fun, too! So I would consider giving it a try; if you usually enjoy Sonic games, then you should enjoy this one.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

canucksfan989

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but i'm in a bit of a quandary

I want to get a New 3DS XL(one with the better 3d and cpu really wish it was called something else so awkward asking stores about it) anyways i'm wondering if anyone thinks that Pokemon Sun or Moon will get bundled with this system during Black Friday or am i better off simply getting one of Craigslist

From what i understand you only get the gold coins or whatever for getting discounts when you buy digital games unless it's hardware to so if i get no benefit of buying a 3DS brand new from the store i'm almost better off getting a bundle of games with a system off Craigslist for 250-300 then buy Pokemon Sun and Moon used and save money on taxes

Thoughts do you think there will be a worthwhile bundle is it worth it to buy the system brand new?

canucksfan989

zitpig

Well, here in the UK there is definitely going to be a N3DS XL Pokemon Sun/Moon console - http://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-3ds-xl-hw-pokemon-sun-moon-edition/433-1591.prd?skuId=433-1591&pageLevel=sku&sc_cmp=ppc_sh--sh--tesco-_-433-1591&gclid=CjwKEAjwtNbABRCsqO7J0_uJxWYSJAAiVo5Li_6lRDrtNzUtHb48YCHkzvtQc7DDmFENN8TpHLPy4RoCCo7w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&source=others

Depends if you like what is on offer and the price (which I think is good). It's not obvious if the game come with the console though (likely as a download, rather than a cart). I would expect it before Black Friday too.

Buying used handhelds can be a dodgy affair - controls may be iffy (my New 3DS Ambassador Edition has a shonky left trigger), battery might be shot, screen could be scratched, paintwork chipped etc. etc. etc. But the price may reflect this and even a mint offering will be significantly cheaper than buying new.

The choice is your.

zitpig

SonOfVon

Hi guys, I'm new to the Animal Crossing series and I'm going to give it a go. Which one of these should I get? I often play 3ds games with my nieces so I'd rather get the one that is better suitable for kids. Thanks for your input

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread  Discord 

gcunit

@SonOfVon Animal Crossing: New Leaf - it's simply the best in the series to date.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

VoltageX

Hey, I wanted to hear some opinions about LBX (llitle battler experience). has someone played it? how is it in terms of length, gameplay and storyline? thanks in advance =]

VoltageX

CanisWolfred

Which 3DS Professor Layton would make for a good starting point, if any?

I'm thinking of getting one for my mom, but I don't want to give her the first game because I felt like the structure was confusing enough for me - the hidden hint coins alone could drive someone insane, and I don't recall it explaining the controls well, either. It also seemed to rely a lot on 'game logic' to figure out where to progress outside of doing puzzles. I was told that the later games were better, and also had better stories, and I'd appreciate it if I could get a little more feedback on that. It sounds like there might be a sale as Gamestop tomorrow, I'll be going over there anyways.

Alternatively:

Does anyone know of any puzzle/adventure games for the 3DS that might be a little better for newcomers? Without being overly juvenile? That's honestly been the hardest part so far.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

zitpig

TBH All the Layton games are pretty much the same as you've described - the only thing that sets them apart is the storyline and the puzzles themselves.

The later games are indeed better (IMHO) - in terms of structure, but it's all much of a muchness. There are some story elements that carry through a bit - nothing that would make any real difference to the player. As with all of these games, there is a lot of back and forth between locations.

As for adventure games aimed more at adults, well tbh the Layton is the only one that I can think of that ticks the more mature box, unless you are going for a more RPG type feel, with less puzzles. And honestly, most puzzle games do rely on logic; it's kind of their nature. The Phoenix Wright games are definitely more adult orientated, but still require logical thinking.

Have you considered some form of hidden object game (like the Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst games)? Or Animal Crossing: New Leaf? AC may appear juvenile, but it's a very deep game that you can play at your leisure for years.

zitpig

CanisWolfred

@zitpig There's a difference between "logic" and "game logic". At the very least, I recall a few parts where just navigating, looking for new puzzles, hints, and hint coins were easier to ascertain because I've played plenty of adventure games before, and I'm not so sure I would've figured them out otherwise. Granted, PL wasn't the worst I've seen in that regard, pretty much the entire adventure genre is guilty of that to some degree. But I was just wondering if maybe some of them were better at explaining themselves.

And I actually asked her about Animal Crossing once, since she was us play it. She...wasn't interested. She's not the social type, so to speak.

Were there any Hidden Object games for the 3DS? I'll admit, I didn't look online, but I actually looked specifically for those when I went to Gamestop, and I didn't see a single one...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

zitpig

CanisWolfred wrote:

@zitpig There's a difference between "logic" and "game logic".

Really? You do surprise me! Of course there's a difference. However, where's the real logic in ANY game? Platforms floating in mid-air. Doors that can't be opened with a kick or a rocket launcher, ammo and weapons left laying around etc. etc. Every game has it's own logic, but then puzzle games also have theirs - related to gameplay (eg Tetris give you shapes that have to be rotated) AND the puzzle itself (eg Picross where a picture is formed by using mental logic). You didn't specify what type of logic you wanted in the game...

[

CanisWolfred wrote:

]
Were there any Hidden Object games for the 3DS? I'll admit, I didn't look online, but I actually looked specifically for those when I went to Gamestop, and I didn't see a single one...

GameStop and other retail outlets rarely/never have a full range of games, especially those that are fairly niche, so it doesn't surprise me that you couldn't find any Hidden Object games.

There are quite a few HO games on the 3DS, however most are only available on the eStore, but the ones I mentioned (Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst (and Return to Ravenhearst IIRC)) are available as standalone products too.

zitpig

CanisWolfred

@zitpig Mostly because I can't remember the specifics, tbh. I'm not very good at giving examples. That's why I need allegories...

But yeah, I'll look more into those. I just wasn't sure if they just...stopped making those kinda games after the DS. I never look for them on my own, as I would never touch such games. Honestly, with my budget, perhaps the eShop would be the best place to start, anways...

Thanks for the help.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Cantisque

What's a good casual, cutesie life/farm sim for 3DS?
I have Animal Crossing already, but looking for something a little more involved, as I just got done playing Stardew Valley and want something similar to play on the go.
(Streetpass support would be a big plus!)

Edited on by Cantisque

Cantisque

ianl579

@Cantisque Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons seem like the series for you! Check each individual game out on NLife to see which one you want most.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Cantisque

@LegendOfPokemon Thanks, Harvest Moon seemed like the obvious choice but wanted to see if anyone had improved on that formula in any way. I'll see if I can pick up New Beginning in CEX or something .

Cantisque

zool

Mario Party Star Rush or Sonic Boom Fire and Ice? Anyone played both?

I've never played a Mario Party but reviews say this is the best one player version.

And this Sonic is scoring about the same 7 as Mario party star rush.

zool

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic