Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 2,672

rg88

@VoltageX Kirby looks very good too, but I can't comment since I didn't play any 3DS version.

DKCR is excellent, shame it's not in the Nintendo Selects in Europe (it's 20$ in North America). Anyway, I highly recommend it when you get the chance (full price or not, it's worth it )

About Paper Mario, I'm playing it now and it's very good too. It's just not a platformer, more like a puzzle/RPG/platform mix.

Edited on by rg88

rg88

RedFinch

Would anyone here recommend Attack on Titan for 3DS? It's on sale currently on eShop.

Thanks in advance.

RedFinch

solidsneek

Hey guys.

Right I have two weeks until Monster hunter is out and want a cheap game i literally have about 5 pound in my bank is there anything on sale at the moment I could get worth recommending. I know steam world dig is highly rated maybe steam world heist?

solidsneek

jump

^Heist and Dig are more than £5 though. You'd be better off going for a VC game or too like Super Mario Bros. 3, Zelda, 3D Gunstar Heroes , Mega Man 2 etc or some cheap and cheerful indies like Gunman Clive, Might Switch Force 2, Toki Tori and The Legend of Dark Witch.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

SuperLuigiTime

Since My Nintendo updated it's discounted games on the rewards section a couple of days ago, there are a few 3DS games I wouldn't mind getting some opinions on if you guys don't mind. I've only owned a New 3DS XL since October 2015 so I'm trying to catch up on a backlog of as many 3DS games as I possibly can.

Yoshi's New Island - I've only played Yoshi's Island on the GBA/Wii U VC, but I'm curious to try this one out. I'm only 10 platinum points away from redeeming a discount for it

Mario Party: Island Tour - I've never played any handheld versions of MP games so again I'm curious to try this one out. I've seen a little gameplay, but not enough to sway me one way or another.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - I've never played a Kid Icarus game, but I like to try this one out.

Are any of these games worth hoarding up platinum coins for between now and September 1st to redeem discounts for buying/playing?

SuperLuigiTime

Switch Friend Code: SW-2814-0794-4500 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-6949-4255 | Nintendo Network ID: tavorestye92

Luna_110

@SuperLuigiTime

I have Kid Icarus, I feel its a good game. But its control scheme is the "love it or hate it" kind - The retail version even came with a stand to make it easier for the player to play.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Blue_Blur

SuperLuigiTime wrote:

Mario Party: Island Tour - I've never played any handheld versions of MP games so again I'm curious to try this one out. I've seen a little gameplay, but not enough to sway me one way or another.

I haven't played much of either Uprising or New Island, so I can't really give my opinion on those games.

However, I'm a pretty big fan of MP, and having played most of the MP games, Island Tour really disappointed me. I found the boards themselves to be too luck-based, which ruined a lot of the fun for me. The minigames were pretty good though. If you really want to try a handheld MP, I would recommend getting Mario Party DS instead. It's been out for quite a while, but I've played MP DS for many hours, and have never gotten bored with it; I got bored with Island Tour within a couple hours. The MP DS minigames are really fun, as well!

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

SuperLuigiTime

@Blue_Blur Thanks, I may give Mario Party DS a try first then, I have that game and Mario Party Advance saved on my wishlist on the Wii U eShop. I just couldn't decide between one of those two or Island Tour to play first.

SuperLuigiTime

Switch Friend Code: SW-2814-0794-4500 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-6949-4255 | Nintendo Network ID: tavorestye92

Individual

@NintenMOE

Anything else you wanted to mention about the games you bought/any other recommendations?

Individual

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0957-8341 | Nintendo Network ID: Ultimategamer132

NintenMOE

@Ultimategamer132 I just played a round of Mario golf. Now I'm about to dive into some Pokemon Alpha Saphire. I'll be going out tomorrow to grab the other games I wanted but didn't find.

Yea though I walk through the valley of Google I shall fear no Apple.

VoodooTrumpet

I played a little bit of MH3U on the Wii U, when I had one, and I'm interested in picking up one of the games on the 3DS.

Would people recommend 4 or Generations?

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Spoony_Tech

@VoodooTrumpet It seems like it will be a bit easier to get into then 4U. Story wise it won't matter at all.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tobiaku

Is there a standard release of Senran kagura 2 in America or only the Double D edition? (Planning to import it to own a copy in every region)

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Rafx

My brother just bought a N3dsXL and we were wondering other than Animal Crossing what other great multiplayer games are there we can play over wifi?

3DS FC: 3755-0786-2046

Pokefanmum82

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes, Mario Kart 7, Metroid Prime Federation Force (which comes out on the 19th of August) plus this list from gamefaqs

-Luigi's Mansion
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Resident Evil Revelations
-Dead Or Alive Dimensions
-Tekken 3D
-Code Of Princess
-Super Street Fighter lV 3D Edition
-Sonic Generations
-Mario vs Donkey Kong Minis on the Move (level sharing)
-Sonic Lost World
-ATV Wild Ride 3D
-Pokemon X and Y
-Tetris Axis
-Mario Kart 7
-Need For Speed: the Run
-Denpa Men 2 Beyond the Waves
-Harvest Moon A new Beginning (for sharing items)
-Heroes Of Ruin
-Mario Tennis Open
-Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D
-Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 + 2013

• F1 2011
  • Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/67902195

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Rafx

@Pokefanmum82
Wow, thank you very much, I had forgotten about Triple Force Heroes.

Didn't even know Luigi's Mansion had multiplayer.
Thanks again.

3DS FC: 3755-0786-2046

Pokefanmum82

no problem.....oh and Kirby Planet Robobot has a multiplayer mode called Kirby Quest or something like that. And it's a really fun game to boot

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

ianl579

So Monster Hunter Generations just came out, and I was wondering if I should get it, since I've heard good things about it. (I haven't played any Monster Hunter games before.) However, my local Gamestop has Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for $25 preowned. Is it worth it to get Generations or save a bit by getting 4U?

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Spoony_Tech

@LegendOfPokemon Both are good games but I think a lot of people would agree that 4U is the deeper and slightly better game. However if you have never played a Monster Hunter game then Generations is easier to get into and learn.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic