Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 2,677

CDavis7M

I watched the E3 gameplay for Ever Oasis and it reminded me of Fantasy Life, which I really enjoyed. I still need to play the DLC for Fantasy Life, but do you guys know of any other similar RPGs on the 3DS?

Maybe Rune Factory 4? But I haven't played any Rune Factory games. I also haven't played any Pokemon games (beyond Blue). Also, I've heard good things about Bravely Default/Second, but I haven't gotten into them for some reason. For reference, I recently played Mario & Luigi Dream Team but I found the game a little slow and I started to lose interest before completing it.

CDavis7M

VoltageX

@CDavis7M Give bravely default a shot, its a great RPG and the characters are similar to fantasy life style. if you will like it. there is also a sequel- bravely second. and in addition to that, you have the harvest moon games. its less on the RPG side but quite similar

VoltageX

Tobiaku

How does Hyrule warriors legends play on a old standard 3DS?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

zitpig

Hyrule Warriors plays better than many would have you believe on a standard 3DS. My 19year old son loves it and he's a right moaner! It is smoother on a N3DS, but definitely playable and slowdown really isn't as bad as reported (according to him).

[EDIT] He actually prefers the 3DS version to the WiiU too. I've got the WiiU version and enjoyed it immensely, but not touched the 3DS version.

Edited on by zitpig

zitpig

Tobiaku

Allready owns the Wii U version, but will get the 3DS release later this summer. Thank you

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

ZanderShepherd

Ok people, I need your help! I'm thinking about picking up a game for 3DS. Which one to get? Kirby: Planet Robobot or Hyrule Warriors Legends? I have the original 3DS.

Edited on by ZanderShepherd

ZanderShepherd

gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Pokefanmum82

Definitely Kiry. It's an amazing game. I have both and prefer Kirby. I find Legends is really hard to get into.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

VoltageX

There are some games in the european eshop that you can buy for 15 euro, and from the ones included I find paper mario sticker star interesting. now, I know it has mixed opinions going about it, but it still seems nice for that price. would you recommend it for someone one liked super mario 3d land? is it like a platformer or another kind of game? and if its not a platformer like 3D land or NSMB2, are there any cheap platformers you recommend getting?

thanks =]

Edited on by VoltageX

VoltageX

rg88

@VoltageX Paper Mario Sticker Star has some platform elements, but it's not quite what you seem to be looking for. It has turn-based battles and despite having a 2d-platformer style map, the progression is much more based on puzzles.

Did you play Donkey Kong Country Returns? I haven't played it on 3DS, but the Wii version is excellent. It should be cheap now.

rg88

VoltageX

@rg88 I did a little research and there are two games that look like great platformers- Donkey Kong as you mentioned and the new kirby game. the problem is that they are at full price, so I might wait a bit XD but from those two- donkey kong and kirby- which would you recommend?

VoltageX

Pokefanmum82

I like Kirby more than DKCR.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

VoltageX

@Pokefanmum82 Right now ill have to wait either way = dont have the budget to buy a full priced game at the moment XD I hope ill decide, because those two games look like astounding platfoemers, and I still find paper mario interersting, not to mention at that price XD

VoltageX

Spoony_Tech

@VoltageX I really find it hard to believe you can't find a copy of DKCR cheaper then retail. Its been out for over 3 years now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VoltageX

@Spoony_Tech At the european eshop DKCR 3D costs 35 euro. I checked some retail prices and they are all around 32-33 euro. it seems like a great game and maybe ill get it at some point, but right now will have to wait =(

VoltageX

Nez

Hi everyone !!
So i have decided that I want to buy that nee 3DS that came out with the free pokemon red and blue game (changeble faceplates)
I have not played any pokemon games past Pokemon Ruby .. And was waiting for pokemon go which I will still get but it wasn't what I expected it to be.

Anyways i like the new ds rather than the xl because its smaller and idk nicer to hold and play pokemon games.

My question is since I haven't played pokemon in so long whats a good place to start ? I have a copy of Pokemon Y .. Should I start there ? Or should I just get the new pokemon omega ruby? Will it be the same as the ruby game I played ? Or different experience? Is the multiplayer still active ? Thats the main thing bringing me back I want to be part of the multiplayer but since im so late into the game will there be too many pro players ?

Not sure if others can share their thoughts
Thanks you !!

SW-6812-3777-3202

Twitter:

Eel

If you have Y, then I guess you should play that one first. The other Pokemon games for 3ds (available right now) are similar.

The Ruby/sapphire remakes are very similar to the originals, buy with a shiny new coat of 3d paint and many different gameplay mechanics that have changed since the gba. (And a slightly extended and updated story).

If you feel it might be too similar to Ruby, then try getting alpha sapphire instead.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoltageX

And in addition to that, you can play DS games on the 3DS systems. that means that all those games you missed since gen 3, starting from diamond and pearl, are also available to you. I highly recommednd HGSS and black and white, both are great, but maybe X and Y will be the best starting point =]

VoltageX

Spoony_Tech

@VoltageX I forgot to mention a 2d platform game you may like. Rayman Origins. It should be cheap now and was highly regarded. It wasn't quite as good on the 3ds but if you don't have the Wii or Wii U to play it on you should play it either way.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VoltageX

@Spoony_Tech I have it, love that one =] I managed to get pretty far and got stuck before the end XD but Im sure ill replay it =] amazing game

VoltageX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic