Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 2,670

AndyD

Both are great!! Can't argue with either one. Just one is traditional rpg and one srpg. So depends on your mood. Legends is on sale right now though.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

VoltageX

scubydo wrote:

Both are great!! Can't argue with either one. Just one is traditional rpg and one srpg. So depends on your mood. Legends is on sale right now though.

Really? I saw it yesterday in full price, 35 euro. how much does it cost in the sale?

VoltageX

VoltageX

scubydo wrote:

Ah, sorry, it may be a temporary NA price. It was still $29 yesterday.

Its ok =] I made my decision today and decided to go for fire emblem fates. I will buy a physical copy later this month (when the game comes out)
decided to stay on the safer side XD I know Im gonna love fates. thanks for all your help =]

VoltageX

DefHalan

DefHalan wrote:

So my 3DS XL is breaking. I don't know if I should save up for a New 3DS XL or just get a 2DS replacement. I would hate to spend all that money on a New 3DS XL just for Nintendo to come out with a new handheld this year or next, but I would also hate to get the 2DS and be stuck with it for over a year and a half lol.
What do people recommend I do?

So I found out that sending it to Nintendo for repairs will be the cheaper option and after shipping and handling, it will only cost about $100. Does anyone know how I should back up my save data, or if I should hold onto my SD card when I send it in? Will that SD card work on another 3DS if they are unable to fix it and send me a refurbished one instead?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

@DefHalan: I think they will do a system transfer for you if they need to. I would also copy the contents of the sd card to a desktop/laptop. I don't think they need the card but I do believe they will send you instructions on what not to send. I had to remove any and everything off mine including screen protectors.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VoltageX

scubydo wrote:

@VoltageX: nice! Add me on your friends list, if you want.

Added your number =] heres mine: 4339-3830-5284

VoltageX

QaZ

What do you recommend ? Legend of zelda Majora mask 3D or Ocarina of time 3D ?

QaZ

Spoony_Tech

@QaZ: You should start with OOT first then Majoras. Some will tell you that Majoras is better but OOT should be played first. To me its the better game.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Gremstein

Alright, I just got a new 3DS, and it's been a bit since I've been in the market for these games. The last new one I played was Zelda: ALBW (which was awesome) and I'm looking for some good casual fun games to enjoy. I've seen games like Final Fantasy explorers or Fantasy Life come out, and they LOOK good, but the reviews seem pretty mixed. The Mario games are good of course, but I'm looking to expand my horizons a bit. I also like the Metroid-vania type of games, and I played Shantae and the Pirate's curse, so if there are any newer games like that I should know about?

Thanks guys!

Gremstein

Tobiaku

@Gremstein: I can say Fantasy Life is very good, and fun.

As for Metrovania, I'm not 100% sure if it counts, but Shovel Knight is great

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

jump

@Gremstein: Steamworld Dig is great and cheap, it's a randomly generated metroidvania game where you dig your own path. Other good metroidvania games on the 3DS are Cave Story, Xeodrifter and virtual console games like the orginal Metroid and Castlevania games on the NES, GB and SNES.

My general recommendations for best 3DS games are Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem Awakening, Resident Evil Revelations, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 7 and Donkey Kong Country Returns for retail and Mighty Switch Force, PullBlox/Pushmo, Ace Attorney Trilogy, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Shovel Knight and Retro City Rampage for eshop only and Super Mario Bros 3, Mega Man 2, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Earthworm Jim, PunchOut and Gunstar Heroes on the VC but as you're got a New 3DS you can also play the Snes ones too like Earthbound and Zelda: A Link To The Past .

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

@Gremstein: You should also get Steamworld Heist. It's an excellent game and quite different then most you played for sure.

MERG said:

Gremstein

If I wanted to get into the Fire Emblem series, which one would be a good start? I've never played them before but I keep hearing about how omgwtfamazing they are, and I want to try one out.

Gremstein

Spoony_Tech

@Gremstein: I would start with Awakeing. First of all it's cheaper and it's more accessible for beginners.

MERG said:

polaris1966

Gremstein wrote:

If I wanted to get into the Fire Emblem series, which one would be a good start? I've never played them before but I keep hearing about how omgwtfamazing they are, and I want to try one out.

I was in the same boat as you, starting off new to the FE series. I got Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. Great introduction to the series and it "eases" you into the game without being too harsh.

However, having said that, I would say Fire Emblem: Awakenings is just plain awesome! I purchased that one after and set Birthright aside to work on Awakenings. Fantasic games, both of them...

My backlog is growing...sigh.

DefHalan

I am thinking of getting Code of Princess. I have heard good things about it in the past and it is on sale for $10 (but I would get 30 coins on My Nintendo since it is normally $30)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

@DefHalan It has frame rate issues but otherwise it's fun.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic