Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 2,672

Socar

@DefHalan: ...........I don't get how in the hell anyone can get their handhelds broken like that after years. I've had my DS lite for years and its still in good condition.

Anyways, wouldn't it be easier to just get it repaired? Unless you want SNES in 3DS, or Xenoblade, You're just fine getting it repaired.

As for the NX.....all we know that its gonna be revealed and whether this gets released next year or this year is left unknown. Its most likely gonna have a weak lineup at first year so you're fine either getting a new one or fix the old one.

Also, by breaking, you mean the hinges?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Socar: You do know things break down after a lot of use right. When I upgraded to the New 3ds XL I gave my old system to my daughter and within a couple weeks the circle pad broke. That wasn't her fault at all and I felt bad that she got a broken system. I also had a ds hinge snap in half on me and Nintendo repaired it for free and instead sent a new one. A few weeks later the hinge started to crack once again. You've been fortunate but from my dealings I've seen more systems break then not.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Socar

@Spoony_Tech: No they don't break down after a lot of use as long as you take good care of them. How the hell can hinges break by simply opening and closing the system? How on earth can the circle pad break if it was used harshly to begin with?

While we're at it, how often have you dropped your 3DS? How do you handle your system when playing games? Never once have the shoulder buttons given up on me even when I was a kid back then and I used to like abuse the hell out of systems. The only system that ever died out on me was the Gamecube but that was gonna happen after keeping it in an unconditioned box for a long time.

Sure, defects happen here and there but it never comes to this extreme. With all due respect, its your own fault that the old system's circle pad broke off after you like what abused it for so long.

Hinge snapping......man, that thing is always mentioned for every single DS system out there and yet I have never gotten that thing broken even once. I just don't know how the hinges can break that easily by simply opening and closing. I carefully open and close the thing instead of stretching it.

Have you ever thought to yourself that handhelds are just as fragile as mobiles and not the opposite? Dropping them from a distance doesn't mean that its solid. It just means that its not meant for drop tests like that.

And just to prove it, I've had my DS lite for over seven years and my 3DS XL for like two years and New 3DS XL for a year....never showed any signs of broken buttons or broken hinges for that matter.

jump

^I regularly throw my 3ds at the wall as evil 3rd parties pay me to damage Nintendo products, unfortunately it's still hasn't broken, stupid Nintendo can't do anything right.

I'm gonna see what happens when I put a meatball in my Wii U disc drive now

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

@arronishere: lol! Yeah I don't know why I even bother. He's always right and everyone else is wrong. We all abuse our systems like we don't have a care in the world. We'll just buy a new one if we break our old one.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Socar

@arronishere: If I'm not mistaken, there's not that many third party games that even abuse the systems. The only one I can think of is Monster Hunter but that's about it.

Socar

@Spoony_Tech: I never made a statement like that at all. I was simply trying to make a point that if you handle things with care, they can't get broken like that and I said that out of wonder since I've never experienced any of that one bit at all. Really.....you're taking it as an insult? If you handle it with care, it won't die on you that easily. That's not a good thing for you?

Anyways, I'm happy that my systems are still working like solid so that's all that matters to me.

Edited on by Socar

jump

Socar wrote:

I never made a statement like that at all. I was simply trying to make a point that if you handle things with care, they can't get broken like that and I said that out of wonder since I've never experienced any of that one bit at all. Really.....you're taking it as an insult? If you handle it with care, it won't die on you that easily. That's not a good thing for you?

Anyways, I'm happy that my systems are still working like solid so that's all that matters to me.

You repeatedly stated people are dropping, abusing and harshly using their 3ds and it's their own fault without actually knowing if they do or not...

I've just discover my 3ds isn't compatible with falafel as eveytime i shove some into the game socket it breaks apart and falll out, stupid Nintendo must have made it a new 3ds exclusive only.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DefHalan

@Socar: A hinge is breaking, the plastic is lifting off of the hinge everytime I close the system. The Circle Pad is also registering direction I am not pressing, making me make mistakes in Picross. The Circle Pad probably broke when I was super into Smash Bros on 3DS, but now barely play it.

Accidents happen, my 3DS has fallen on tile a few times, and as time progresses things just aren't as strong. I have not been the most careful with the system, but that is mostly because it is a portable device. I have it in my pocket for 10-14 hours a day, I play it up to 3 hours a day, and charge while I sleep.

EDIT: Just saw the rest of the conversation after his reply to me... wish I didn't post now.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

@DefHalan: You sound like me with your usage. I carry mine everywhere with me and ill open mine anywhere from one to 10 times a day if I get a chance to sit and play it. Even if only for 5 minutes. I'll play anywhere from 30 minutes to 5 hours a day if time willing.

I responded to your answer on the previous page but I don't think you seen it but you did answer a few questions I had.

MERG said:

Blue_Blur

Has anyone hear played Yokai-Watch?

I played the demo, and I'm still on the fence about it. My main worry is the battle system. It was fun on the demo, but I can see it getting a little tiresome with all the stylus action after a while. Thanks in advance!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Spoony_Tech

@Blue_Blur: I have but not enough to give my opinion. I can tell you it gets hard at points and you really need to pay attention. The demo was easy to the point you didn't have to do anything. I look at it this way though, at least its not a boring battle system. You have to pay attention like the Mario Luigi games.

MERG said:

Blue_Blur

@Spoony_Tech: Thanks for your input. I thought the demo was really easy as well, and made the game seem kinda boring. Makes me feel better knowing the entire game isn't that easy; some games are way too easy nowadays. I'd rather have a hard battle than an easy one (easy battles are the one thing I hate about Pokemon). And since this game is close to Pokemon, I know I'll like it at least somewhat. I also really liked the story and bug catching parts. I think I'll get it soon.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

VoltageX

Well guys, Im probably going to buy a game soon and decided to go digitally. I cant decide between 3 games, which amusingly are at the same price in the european eshop. the games are: youkai watch, fossil fighters and legend of legacy. as you can guess, Im an RPG lover XD
what would you recommend? which one of them has more content? which one of the 3 titles is worth the full price?

thanks =]

VoltageX

VoltageX

scubydo wrote:

For rpg goodNess and a good lengthy game for the cost - legend of legacy

I pretty much set my mind on that game, but Im bothered by the fact it doesnt have a story like the other two. can the gameplay make up for it? is it worth digging in even without getting attached to character and good storyline?

VoltageX

VoltageX

scubydo wrote:

The story and characters are developed in the game.

Oh, thats a relief XD but now I have a different problem. I decided to give up on youkai watch and fossil fighters, but instead I find myself torn between downloading legend of legacy or either buying fire emblem fates: birthright physicially. I loved awakening so fates is a safe bet, but legend of legacy seemns like an experience Im unfamiliar with. I cant go wrong with fates, but legend of legacy seems tempting...

either way I can get only one of those and it will probably be later this month. leaning towards fire emblem, but not sure XD

Edited on by VoltageX

VoltageX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic