Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 2,670

VoltageX

@howdysmithy: My favorites on the system are fire emblem awakening, kid icarus uprising, pokemon XY, bravely default, heroes of ruin and fantasy life. and there are also some little games I found enjoyable- nano assault ex, art of balance touch and the jewel quest games which you can get for pretty cheap.
oh, and almost forgot super mario 3d land and zelda a link between worlds =]

VoltageX

Tobiaku

Is Bravely second's story better than the first? (Better flowing with grinding)

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Lil_B

For those who have played Rune Factory 4, how accessible / beginner friendly would you say the game is to someone new to the series?

Played life sims in the past - AC:NL sinking in around 330hrs before stopping & I just started my first dip into the HM series with Story of Seasons (UK here) but never dipped my toes into the RF series before.

Decided to import a US 2ds along with Return To Popo' & Yo-kai Watch yesterday & am looking at other game to go with (to justify the 2ds purchase above) that isn't available retail wise here in the UK. Seeing as how I could get a physical copy now of RF 4 (pretty gutted when its EU physical release got cancelled), would you say it's worth importing it & taking a chance on the series?

Edited on by Lil_B

Playing
3ds:Return to PopoloCrois
PSV: Steins;Gate, P4:DAN & Akiba's Trip
PS4: Gravity Rush

Anticipated: HM:Project X, Steins;Gate 0, Akiba's Beat, Gravity Rush 2 & Sun/Moon

HeroOfCybertron

Is Mario Party Island Tour worth picking up for $20 when it joins the Nintendo Select line on March 11th?

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

Revanmann

Looking for a solid new RPG. Just picked up DQ IX again. Friggin' loved the game for 300+ hours back when it first came out. I'd like the game to have some solid post game content. I don't mind it ending when it ends though. I'm looking at Bravely Default, Legend of Legacy, Fire Emblem Fates, and Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm mostly looking for some solid stuff to hold me over until they put out DQ VII and VIII in the US. My biggest issue is that I'm quite picky with my JRPGs. I can get real tired of the game if it doesn't stand out. I'm not entirely sure what went on with DQ IX that made me love it so much. I seriously got tired of the FF series, so I'm a little wary with Bravely Default. I'd very much like to play Fire Emblem. I like RTS games and I think I may love FE. I understand it's a turn based strategy game. Thanks guys.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

Spoony_Tech

@Revanmann: I'm going to go outside of the box and suggest SMT IV. Good story and nice combat system. It was my personal GotY that year. It really needs to be played by anyone that calls themselves a jrpg fan.

If that doesn't interest you out of the ones you picked I would go with Legend of Legacy last and you should play one of the Fire Emblems first. Bravely Default is good but it has the whole second half that almost everyone complained about.

You should also look into Stella Glow and Persona Q. Atlus is an acquired taste but they make so many good games it's hard to not recommend them.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Revanmann

@Spoony_Tech: I actually have SMT IV. i seriously enjoyed it. I eventually sold it when I needed some cash. I want to get it again. I may go with Fire Emblem Fates. Have you played the new ones? Which one should I get, if so?

Currently Playing:

Spoony_Tech

@Revanmann: I haven't played either yet. I need to beat Awakening before I'll even consider them. If it's you first venture into the series I would go with the easier one to ease you in. If you like it then you may want to pick up the other. Awakening is also a good place to start though.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VoltageX

Bravely default does follow the FF route, but it does something different- the brave and default battle system fresh things up. its alot like normal JRPG, yet it has a nice twist.
other games you can consider: fantasy life, tales of the abyss and xenoblade chronicles (if you have the NEW 3DS)

Edited on by VoltageX

VoltageX

Revanmann

@VoltageX: Yeah..I need to pay Xenoblade Chronicles. I had it on my Wii. I sold it. I need to give it another try. I liked the odd battle system and the huge open world. Maybe if I had it on the go I'll play it more. I'm thinking I'll pick up Fire Emblem and Xenoblade. Now I just need some extra money. I bought an '88 Firebird Formula a few weeks ago. That cost me some money.

Currently Playing:

mobilegamehacker

DQ IX is great, just picked it up yesterday and can't put it down.

mobilegamehacker

Ishouldbestudyin

Guys I need some recommendations on 3DS exclusive games that I NEED to play. I dislike mario and zelda though but I'm in love with pokemon. Planning to get Monster Hunter 4 U first then pokemon X somewhere down the line. ( then maybe Fire emblem and Kingdom Hearts) . I need something to scratch my itch for harvest moon. how does animal crossing compare?

Ishouldbestudyin

VoltageX

@Ishouldbestudyin: If you love pokemon, you can give puzzle and dragons a go. its like pokemon (just with dragons) combined with games like jewel quest, which may sound a bit strange but actually pretty solid.
other great games you can get for your 3DS are fantasy life and bravely default, and definitely go for fire emblem, its awesome. fantasy life has some similarities to animal crossing in some ways so you might like it. oh, and if you will like pokemon X, give also AS or OR a go. great 6 gen expereience =]

VoltageX

karolinpoznan

@Ishouldbestudyin: animal crossing will absorb you for ages, but you'll be hard pressed to play it for more than an hour a day. Little and often is the key to enjoying animal crossing. I played the hell out of kid Icarus uprising, the story is just amazing and the variety of the game makes it a personal highlight of the system. You might want to try resident evil and luigis mansion, both stellar games.

Edited on by karolinpoznan

Tharja is my wife...

Nintendo Network ID: karolinpoz

Spoony_Tech

@Freeon-Leon: I'm quite enjoying Virtue's. Haven't played the other though.

MERG said:

DefHalan

So my 3DS XL is breaking. I don't know if I should save up for a New 3DS XL or just get a 2DS replacement. I would hate to spend all that money on a New 3DS XL just for Nintendo to come out with a new handheld this year or next, but I would also hate to get the 2DS and be stuck with it for over a year and a half lol.
What do people recommend I do?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

@DefHalan: Is you old 3ds still sellable? If you can still sell it I recommend you trade it in at Gamestop. You may still get 80$ or something close to that. Even if it's not in good condition they will still buy it back but at a reduced price. That may make your decision a bit better. I sold my non working ps3 there years ago for like 50$

If that's not an option or you just don't want to do it then I personally would at least wait till E3. Unless you still have a ton of games you want to play or have yet played on the 3ds.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic