Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 2,670

Spoony_Tech

@Blue_Blur: I just beat it for the first time ever even after owning 2 other times. Definitely worth it for the full Zelda experience and it doesn't really compare with any other. I found out during my play through to not tackle any dungeons unless I had full time. That way I didn't run out and have to start them all over again.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kimrhae11

Do you guys know any trusted website that sells eshop UK cards that accepts paypal payment?
I want to directly buy to paypal website but it doesnt process so, is there another way I can obtain eshop cards?
Thanks

kimrhae11

jump

kimrhae11 wrote:

Do you guys know any trusted website that sells eshop UK cards that accepts paypal payment?
I want to directly buy to paypal website but it doesnt process so, is there another way I can obtain eshop cards?
Thanks

http://www.cdkeys.com/ I use these guys all the time and if you like them on facebook you get an extra 5% off.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blue_Blur

@Eat_Pie: @Spoony_Tech: Thanks for the responses! I feel much better about the game now! I think I'll get it!

One question though: @Eat_Pie, when you said "You lose all your items, but your progress is still there.", what kind of items do you mean? Like your rupees, your masks, or things like your fishing rod or bug net? And when you lose those items, is it easy to get them back?

And thanks for letting me know about the Song of Time and how it resets the time. I've read this book and enjoyed it enough to make me want the game:

Untitled

I wondered if there was a way to reset the time in the game like in the book, and I'm glad that I definitely know there is a way now. This game should fill my Zelda needs until Zelda U comes out, thanks again!

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Eat_Pie

@Blue_Blur
Oops, I should have specified. You keeps your masks, but you lose items that come in quantities like arrows, bombs, etc. You'll keep your bow and bomb bag though. However, it is easy to get these things back. For the rupees, you can deposit them with the banker. Arrows and bombs can be made by cutting the grass outside of clock town. You can gain rupees quickly by killing the bird outside of the ranch, but I don't suggest it until you have powerful weapons. Alternatively, you can make money in lots of different ways. Also, there are two different save systems. The owl save system temporarily saves your progress- if you're in the middle of a three-day cycle, or in a dungeon and need to save, you can do that. The song of time allows you to permanently save your progress. Songs are helpful in this game, and I suggest you use them to your advantage(like the Song of Double Time). Sorry for the long post.

TL;DR: Rupees, arrows, bows, and things in bottles are lost. Masks and the weapons themselves are not lost. You can deposit your rupees with the banker in clock town so you don't lose them.

Edit: You don't get a bug net in MM. You get a fishing rod, but that's at the fishing hole only. Once you're done fishing, you give it back to the owner.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Blue_Blur

@Eat_Pie: Thanks for clearing up the item part, it makes a lot more sense now! It's a shame you don't get a bug net and only have a fishing rod at the fishing hole; at least you keep the masks, bow, and bomb bag! I'm very happy that there are multiple ways to save and get lots of rupees. Thanks for taking the time to respond, you helped a lot!

Eat_Pie

@Blue_Blur
No problem! Always glad to help. If you have any more questions, or need help on something, feel free to ask me.

Eat_Pie

kimrhae11

arronishere wrote:

kimrhae11 wrote:

Thanks

http://www.cdkeys.com/ I use these guys all the time and if you like them on facebook you get an extra 5% off.

Thank you I have tried the website its legit. I was scared for a moment that there's an error but its because of the way I typed the code xD

kimrhae11

jump

WaveGhoul wrote:

The 3DS has been absolutely stagnant with releases, or any good ones for that matter.
3rd party support, most of Nintendo's exclusives, sheer variety, ideas and emphasis on 2D(sprite based) gaming was above and beyond better on he DS

The 3DS is almost pulling a Wii U, except it's heavily reliant on catering to the JRPG & animal crossing crowd. sigh*

So are you recommending JRPG and Animal Crossing or you looking for recommendations that aren't JRPG and Animal Crossing?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Spoony_Tech

@WaveGhoul: The 3ds will go down as my favorite system for now. It catered to my needs nearly 100%. I have no less then 50 retail games that I love and thanks to Atlus plenty more game time I still need to play on the system.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eat_Pie

Should I buy OR/AS? When it came out last year, I wanted to buy it but couldn't because I didn't have the money. I've been wanting to buy it, but I forgot about it for the past few months. There are no Pokémon games coming out in the near future, so I have enough time to catch up and finish the game. However, there are other games coming out soon that I want to buy such as FE: Fates and possibly PSMD or Splatoon and the new Zelda once it comes out(TPHD too if it's true). I'm not sure if I should buy OR(the version I would choose) or wait until next year for a new Pokémon game.

Eat_Pie

Blue_Blur

@Eat_Pie: I'll try to help you out this time.

To be honest, I still haven't finished AS, so keep that in mind. I'm around the third gym I think, I got tired of trying to breed Pokemon, so I'm taking a LONG break from it. From what I've played though, I seemed good, but nothing fantastic or "must have". I might never even finish it, I really don't have any motivation to, but that's just me. If you have played X and Y, you know that you could customize your avatar; they got rid of that in OR/AS, and I thought they should've kept that idea. The graphics and animations look and act like X and Y. I can't say much about the story, since I haven't beaten it yet.

If I were you, I would probably get a different game, unless Pokemon is your absolute favorite series. I think you'd have a lot more fun with Splatoon, FE: Fates, or the new Zelda, but mostly Splatoon. I'm sure a new Pokemon game is in the works, and it'll probably be something new, so I would wait, unless again, Pokemon is your favorite series. Sorry if this wasn't that helpful, but some info is better than none, right?

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Eat_Pie

@Blue_Blur
Thanks for the info and the help! I know that they got rid of customization, but I always thought it was because ORAS are remakes and not the next gen. I thought they'd put in customization for Z. Anyways, it's not make it or break it for me. Pokémon isn't my favorite franchise, but it's definitely top three. I have played X and Y, and although they took out customization, I saw that they added many new things. The only thing holding me back from buying it is a new Pokémon game next year, and recently released games. I would like to try Splatoon and other games though(I'll probably get all those games around Christmas time). I'm still on the fence about this one, but I appreciate the help.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Fenrir6

Hello guys! After trying Triforce Heroes I've been looking for some co-op online play on my 3DS. I've tried the demo for Monster Hunter 4 when it came out, but didn't like it very much...maybe because there were too many games coming out at the time xD
I was thinking about Final Fantasy Explorers or a Monster Hunter, but in that case...should I get 4U or wait for X?
Thanks in advance

Fenrir6

Twitter:

Revanmann

I'd like to pick up a solid RPG similair to DQ IX. Or a great recently released 3DS game. Maybe take a chance on a game I'd never really think about. I do plan on picking up Steamworld Heist soon. STOKED!

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

VoltageX

@Revanmann: The closest game I can think of is bravely default, which is great in my opinion. tales of the abyss and fire emblem are also solid RPG options.
But if you wanna try something a little different, Id suggest... maybe fantasy life and theatrhythm final fantasy (if youre a final fantasy fan) =]

VoltageX

Revanmann

Dude, Theatrhythm is AWESOME! I need to buy it. I played the demo and fell in love. All the best FF songs in a beat style game. YES.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

Rei

@Revanmann: the closest thing is the "action-RPG" called Fantasy Life, from the same developers. See Draque IX as a prototype for this game (initially planned for DS then released on 3DS, online multiplayer available in the US/UE cartridge).

Rei

3DS Friend Code: 2724-1142-5815 | Nintendo Network ID: Rei366 | Twitter:

c1pher_c0mplet

@Fenrir6: How has Tri Force Heroes been for you regarding online play with strangers? This game intrigues me and I've heard a few say the online is generally really fun especially when you're playing with people whom you have good group synergy with. But then looking at gameplay video, it looks really chaotic and kinda confusing especially when the emotes start going nuts lol

Nintendo Network ID: NESb1t.CARTer
Currently Playing: Pokémon Sun

jump

c1pher_c0mplet wrote:

How has Tri Force Heroes been for you regarding online play with strangers? This game intrigues me and I've heard a few say the online is generally really fun especially when you're playing with people whom you have good group synergy with. But then looking at gameplay video, it looks really chaotic and kinda confusing especially when the emotes start going nuts lol

Online is region locked so I have trouble finding other players in Europe to play with, generally when you do find other players it's not too bad with a troll player popping up every now and then you sooner or later figure out how to play with others.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic