Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 2,670

jump

Tiefseemiez wrote:

In Devil Survivor you don't have to worry too much about your positions (though it becomes pretty important in some levels) and more on the development of your demons. Matching them with the right character, fusing them or keep them, and taking advantage of their special abilities - I found this pretty hard to get at first. I think after all I never dug as deep into the mechanics as I could have, but handled everything more by intuition.

That demon mixing is just a pure time eater, I've must of spent hours upon hours trying to figure out how to blend the right demons with right abilities so I can use it to be blended with another 3 demons to finally get the one I want.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@arronishere: Doesn't Professor Layton count too? For the record, I did play third parties like Ninja Gaiden, Tappingo etc but they are all eshop games.

Also from what I read about Devil Survivor, now I'm more pessimistic of getting the game due to its difficulty. Is there any difficulty option for Devil Survivor like FE?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Tiefseemiez

@Artwark: It's not really harder than Fire Emblem in normal mode. If you played Fire Emblem with the permadeath option at least.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Spoony_Tech

@arronishere: Lol!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kimrhae11

I just finished Luigi's mansion 2- a very nice game.
Now I heard that a new Animal Crossing game came out. But there are some downsides from the new game-that I will get bored easily. So I'm thinking If I should get the New Leaf? or the Happy Home Designer?

kimrhae11

gcunit

If you haven't played New Leaf but like Animal Crossing, then you should get New Leaf first. It's widely regarded as the best AC game going.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Blue_Blur

@kimrhae11: New Leaf is also a traditional Animal Crossing game. Happy Home Designer is more of a spinoff. If you haven't played an Animal Crossing game before, I would start with New Leaf. I think New Leaf has longer replay value. I got the game on release day, and still play it quite regularly. It's a very fun game, so out of the two, I would pick New Leaf. Happy Home Designer isn't bad - I haven't played it though, mainly for the reason you brought up; I thought it would get very boring fast, too. New Leaf doesn't get boring!

So, I would recommend staring with New Leaf. If you like the home designing part of it, then you know you'll love Home Designer. New Leaf is a good test to see if you like designing houses, and if you don't like to design houses, there's plenty of over stuff to do in the game. You'll at least get your money's worth with New Leaf. Hope this helps!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Storytime7

@kimrhae11: New Leaf is arguably the best AC game, while Happy Home Designer is a spin off that expands on one aspect of the series. I won't say HHD is bad or good because I haven't played it, but I can definitely recommend New Leaf. It'll keep you busy for a while.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

kimrhae11

@gcunit @Blue_Blur @Storytime7 Thanks guys. Hands down 3-0.
Btw this is the first time trying to play animal crossing. So Im gonna get the new leaf I want to try a colorful cute game next

kimrhae11

Tiefseemiez

@kimrhae11: Hope you enjoy it! I would have argued the opposite way: I did get bored with New Leaf quite fast and was irritated by how little fun things there are to do among all the choices. I played it quite a lot anyway, but it's not a game that you can (or at least I) play for hours and hours. It's more for little bursts.
Happy Home Designer on the other hand gives you a task (which is probably what I have been missing), or well, a lot of them.
And is quite charming and addicting.
They are both very charismatic games. It kind of depends on whether you want to have defined tasks or just want to run around doing (kiiiind of) everyday stuff in (sort of) a life sim.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

jump

WaveGhoul wrote:

Any horror-themed recommendations on the eShop outside of Gargoyle's Quest, Vampire of Darkness(AKA 'Jack the RipperVania') and the slew of lousy trashy shovelware?

The Legend of Dark Witch is cheap and decent there's also Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX as well as the Resident Evil & Shin Megami Tensei games that are fairly cheap for full retail games.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Iznax

I'm just looking for more massive (100+ hours) games for my 3ds, i already have Fantasy Life (which i love) Xenoblade and Monster Hunter 4 (and many other "smaller" games).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
P.S. in the right place this time

Iznax

Spoony_Tech

@Iznax: I've found most Altus game are that long depending on how you play them. I beat EOIV at 140 hours. SMT IV is about 100 hours as is SMT Overclocked. Bravely Default is also up there. My current run at Persona Q is at 85 hours. Fire Emblem is also quite long and well worth a look.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Iznax

@Spoony_Tech Thx very much. Etrian mysteri dungeon is very high in my to buy list and Fire Emblem is one of my favorite titles ever. Is Bravely Default really up there ? I know that is a great jRPG and game over all so i'm very happy to know that

Edited on by Iznax

Iznax

OutCold

@Iznax: I have a 100+ in Puzzle & Dragons, Person Q, SSB, Bravely Default, Rune Factory 4, Tales of the Abyss, couple Pokemon games, Dragon Quest IX(DS) and The World Ends With You(DS)

the unattainable is unknown at zombo com
MH4U/MHG/MHW: Guts
~ close eyes, perceive with mind ~

Iznax

@OutCold Thx for your recommendations. Dragon Quest IX and the World Ends With You are some of my all time favorites DS games. SO now i guess i'll wait to see Bravely Second so i can decide between that or Bravely Default. Tales of the abyss looks very tempting as well.

Edited on by Iznax

Iznax

Blue_Blur

Christmas is coming, and I'm thinking about getting Majora's Mask 3D. I have never played the original, but I have played OOT. Would anyone recommend MM?

Is MM anything like how OOT plays? What is the closest Zelda game like MM? I love the Zelda series, and the only reason why I'm skeptical about getting MM is because of the time based mechanic of the game. I hate games with time pressure, except for time attacks for some odd reason (I actually really enjoy time attacks). I guess time limits make me really stressed when you have the possible chance of dying; you just have to restart time trials, so maybe that's why I don't mind them.

Anyway, does the time limit in certain parts of MM make the game really stressful? If so, how many parts of the game have this time pressure? I'm sure I would enjoy the whole Zelda experience besides the time, so I'm not worried about anything else in the game. I did enjoy OOT, so I'm thinking I'll like this game too; I just wanted some feedback about the time part of the game. Thanks in advance for the responses!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Eat_Pie

@Blue_Blur
OoT and MM are different games, but I definitely recommend buying MM. When I played, I never found myself pressured by the time mechanic. I rarely noticed it, and it's really only annoying for a couple of things-like the Anju and Kafei quest, which is completely optional. If you find yourself needing more time or miss a certain deadline, play the Song of Time(which saves the game) and you go back to the dawn of the first day. You lose all your items, but your progress is still there. So, basically, I never had an issue with the time mechanic.

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic