Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 2,669

Raider70

@Spoony_Tech:

Thanks . This is becoming like a nice nightmare to have . I have been compiling a detailed list of all 3ds / eshop games to check out . Have not even started to dig into DS offerings .. I will start that list with this one .

I hope this console has eaten it's wheaties, as it is apparently in for a workout !

Raider70

3DS Friend Code: 1263-9259-6870 | Nintendo Network ID: PrideandPoise

Tiefseemiez

I was gonna go try and get Senran Kagura Burst (1) and/or Bravely Default today to continue my quest for a perfect collection of great 3DS games and get another code to have enough stars for the Goodbye soundtrack.
Which of the two should I get?
I love the lighthearted appeal and ridiculousness of Senran Kagura. The first time I played the demo of BD I dropped it pretty quickly, but somehow I picked it up another time and noticed how pretty that game is. I heard it becomes tedious halfway through though.

P.S.: Also: I cannot quite believe it, since I never bought a rhythm game apart from Dededes Drum Dash and Weapon Shop de Omasse and was not very good in either of them, but I am thinking about including a Theatrhythm game in my games-I-should-try-list.

Edited on by Tiefseemiez

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

VoltageX

@Tiefseemiez: Didnt try senran kagura burst, but I love bravely default. the battle system may confuse a bit, bit after you get used to it its addicting and fun. the graphics are charming and there are so many jobs to collect and try =]
about rhythm games, I really enjoyed both of the FF theatrhythm games. but if I would recomment one, it will be the latter- the second one includes button mode, more songs to choose from and a journey like quest feature which is great

bravely default and theatrhythm FF: CC are solid in my opinion =]

VoltageX

Wilford111

Hey guys I live in the US, and I've tried to find somewhere where I can buy white faceplates (for the New 3DS that's coming out this month, which only comes with Animal Crossing faceplates), but I can't find a site. Does anyone else know where I can buy one? White specifically?

3DS: 2294-6952-0477, Username: Wilford
Nintendo Network ID: Wilford111
Email: [email protected]

Icexoxy

Cave Story
I just cleared this game and with its many frustrations I've come to love this game as one of the best games I played on the 3ds.

Edited on by Icexoxy

Pokefanmum82

@Wilford111: i dont think that they have released plain white faceplates in japan or anywhere else for that matter. I think the only way to get those would be to buy a EU system or JP system. Or hope that they release a New Nintendo 3DS system, that's not in a bundle.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

VoltageX

@SuperWiiU: including DS games, the best pokemon game in my opinion is soul silverheart gold. lots of content, great difficulty level, two regions and battle frontier. but if youre looking for the updated graphics the 3DS is capable of, go for omega rubyalpha sapphire- they are the most recent ones, and you can dive to the world of online battling.
regarding to similar games, Id say bravely default is one great RPG- also turn based, you can adjust the difficulty level and lots of jobs to choose from. =]

VoltageX

SuperWiiU

VoltageX wrote:

@SuperWiiU: including DS games, the best pokemon game in my opinion is soul silverheart gold. lots of content, great difficulty level, two regions and battle frontier. but if youre looking for the updated graphics the 3DS is capable of, go for omega rubyalpha sapphire- they are the most recent ones, and you can dive to the world of online battling.
regarding to similar games, Id say bravely default is one great RPG- also turn based, you can adjust the difficulty level and lots of jobs to choose from. =]

Thanks for the responce. I don't really care about graphics and online gaming, just the best singleplayer experience.
Regarding similar games I meant RPG's with monster capturing/collecting(like Ni No Kuni).

Spoony_Tech

@SuperWiiU: Also try Puzzles and Dragons Mario edition. Its somewhat similar to pokemon in a lot of ways just with the exception of how you battle. I've sunk a lot of hours in it and fully enjoy it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@SuperWiiU: Also try Puzzles and Dragons Mario edition. Its somewhat similar to pokemon in a lot of ways just with the exception of how you battle. I've sunk a lot of hours in it and fully enjoy it.

It looks interesting, but I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy the 3 match puzzles. I've played too much of those for free on mobile.

Spoony_Tech

@SuperWiiU: There's a lot more strategy in it then simply matching 3. Later on in the game it gets even harder and you really need to get creative at making matches.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@SuperWiiU: There's a lot more strategy in it then simply matching 3. Later on in the game it gets even harder and you really need to get creative at making matches.

It's not that expensive, so I'll keep an eye out for a small discount and then I'll definitely give it a try.

shaneoh

SuperWiiU wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

It looks interesting, but I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy the 3 match puzzles. I've played too much of those for free on mobile.

I thought it started off alright, but it felt tedious by the end

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Pokefanmum82

has anybody in Japan played or heard of a game called Moco Moco Friends? I just wonder if it's any good? It comes out November 17th and I've never heard of it before. It looks interesting but I'm not sure if I want to get it or not.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Spoony_Tech

@Retro_on_theGo: It really depends on how much you use the systems 3d. When I had them on both my old models you barely notice them with 3d on. However they stick out like a sore thumb with it off. For 40$ though you can't go wrong though. Even game stop would give that much.

MERG said:

Retro_on_theGo

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo: It really depends on how much you use the systems 3d. When I had them on both my old models you barely notice them with 3d on. However they stick out like a sore thumb with it off. For 40$ though you can't go wrong though. Even game stop would give that much.

Thanks, decided to go with it in the end. Doesn't look too bad. For $40 you're right.

yanostifler

Hi guys.
Ive been spending a lot of time in xenoblade chronicles 3d. And i think i need I think im in need of a game to chill my ass of from grinding.

What would you suggest? Story of seasons or animal crossing new leaf?(would its still be recommended even after happy new designer is out?

Need to hear your thoughts. Thanks:)

yanostifler

VoltageX

@yanostifler: Have you considered fantasy life? its half sim half RPG, really addicting and have lots of stuff to do. the great thing about it is that you dont need to rush or grind like hell, just take your time, explore the world map and the life system... its the best game I can think about when I need something easy and fun to play =]

VoltageX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic