Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 2,670

maceng

@iKhan:
Luigis Dark Mansion? It is not scary at all and you can squeeze 30-40 hours of gameplay with some multiplayer love.

maceng

jump

On the eshop Shantae & The Pirates Curse, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 and Squids Odyssey are all on sale at the moment. Also Rhythm Thief, Super Monkey Ball 3D, Cave Story, PullBlox, Ace Attorney Trilogy, IronFall Invasion, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater and various GB & NES classics like Mega Man, Zelda, Ninja Gaiden, Blaster Master can get the most bang for your buck.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Pokefanmum82

If you're into sims Harvest Moon A Tale of Two Towns is only $21.99 on the Canadian eShop so might even be cheaper on the U.S. eShop. It's a farming sim. Thinking about getting it myself.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

miiandmario

Any not to difficult rpgs? (I have pokemon y and fire emblem) I'm considering getting OR or AS but I wanna know what other rpgs are out there.

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

Spoony_Tech

@miiandmario: Citizens of Earth might be perfect for you. Most rpg's outside of Nintendo made ones can tend to be on the harder side. Mario and Luigi's Dream Team is also not too difficult.

@Tops You might get a better response here

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/conception_ii_coming_t... I personally haven't played it in a long time but outside of the child making which was awkward at best story wise wasn't too bad.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

miiandmario

@Spoony_Tech Ok thanks I'll look into it. Also hows Bravely Default difficulty wise?

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

VoltageX

miiandmario wrote:

@Spoony_Tech Ok thanks I'll look into it. Also hows Bravely Default difficulty wise?

You can choose between easy, normal and hard modes and change your decision anytime from the menu =]

VoltageX

Spoony_Tech

@Tops: I only say that because it was such a limited game in sales and maybe not too many will see your post. The only reason I seem it was because I'm watching it. Sorry about that link btw.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

svic

Hi all, having played and beat some 3ds games over this summer, I am so happy with my purchase. I am thinking about buying Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for my next game. I have never played any Monster Hunter title, so this could be my first one. However, I don't like to miss out the storylines. Is MH3's storyline connected to MH1 and 2,or totally different game? Thanks!

svic

Spoony_Tech

@svic: I would just skip right to MH4U if I were you. Story takes a back seat mostly in this franchise but 4U definitely has the most story of all others combinded. Also the stories don't connect as it's always a new story for each game so you won't be missing anything.

MERG said:

Raider70

Just bought a new 3ds XL as my first Nintendo handheld. After realizing I am late to the party , I am still surprised by the huge amount of content that is available ... Would love any recommendations on favorite games both classic or recent as I get started / digging in. Thanks in advance !

Raider70

3DS Friend Code: 1263-9259-6870 | Nintendo Network ID: PrideandPoise

moomoo

@Raider70: You've got a lot to choose from, not just on 3DS, but also on DS, where there's a lot of stuff for pretty darn cheap.

The best game on the system would probably be a three-way contest between Fire Emblem: Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Kid Icarus: Uprising (if you can deal with the controls). Mario and other Zelda games are safe bets. Resident Evil: Revelations is by far the best on the system graphically and is quite fun, and is pretty cheap.

My favorite game on the system, though, is Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. It takes an approach to narrative that simply would not work in any other medium. If you at all care about great stories in games, you need to check it out. But you have check out its predecessor on DS first, 9 Persons, 9 Hours, 9 Doors.

The World Ends With You is my favorite game on the DS and is unlike anything out there. The three Castlevania games, Ghost Trick, Radiant Historia, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Trauma Center 2, Pokémon Soul Silver/Heart Gold, the two Zeldas, Chrono Trigger, and Aliens: Infestation are also great choices.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Raider70

@moomoo: Wow! Thanks for taking the time for such a detailed reply. I played the Fire Emblem demo and loved it. I may start there, along with Majora's mask. I watched the trailer on that and it looks great.

I am intrigued by the 999 game and zero escape. I really like story driven games and they should be great on the 3 ds as immersive as it is . I will look into both of those now. Thanks again for the Great information

Raider70

VoltageX

@Raider70: If youre into RPGs, you can also try tales of the abyss, bravely default or heroes of ruin. and if you want to take advantage of the stuff the new 3DS got to offer, xenoblade chronicles 3d is one hard core, long, rewarding RPG experience.
as for DS games, Id say final fantasy 3 and 4 and pokemon =]

VoltageX

Raider70

Thanks @VoltageX:
I actually bought Xenoblade chronicles with the system , but have not started yet due to playing demo after demo. Love Rpg's , but have mostly played the bigger console games ( might be why I have become so intrigued with this system)
Of the other rpg's you listed ... Which would you say is your favorite ?

Raider70

Spoony_Tech

@Raider70: I have to add Luigi's Mansion and Monster Hunter 3/4 U. Also if you are an rpg fan almost any Atlus game will do. One last thing, the 3ds has a number of demos worth checking out. Go to the eshop and check out the demo section.

Edit: I guess you already found those demos lol.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Raider70

10-4@Spoony_Tech:

Already after downloading those demos. Played the conception II demo last night ( strange but good) and I just started an Etrian Odyssey demo.. So different from what I usually play, but really stoked by what I have seen so far. Thanks for the advice .. See you around !

LOL .. Yes I have .. I am like a kid in a candy store right now !

Edited on by Raider70

Raider70

Spoony_Tech

@Raider70: Etrian Odyssey IV? That in my opion is the best in the series. Also check out both Untolds as they have more of a focus on story when the main series is all about gameplay. I can tell you about most Atlus games and which to get first. Plus those demos transfer over to the main games since its the first parts of the actual game.

One last thing is Atlus runs frequent sales so don't pay full price for anything over a year old.

MERG said:

Raider70

@Spoony_Tech:
Great advice and watching out for my wallet? Outstanding ! Yes .. Etrian Odyssey IV. I only just now started it .... Going to try to get deep into the demo tonight . Man , the little bit I have played is intriguing .. Drawing your own map as you play .. That is genius .. And possibly a developing obsessive -compulsive disorder. I have already downloaded the untold demos also. I want to get going on xenoblade chronicles , but jumping into these demos is really cool so far.

Raider70

Spoony_Tech

@Raider70: Be warned though as the Etrian demos are quite long. I've put in 10 hours into each one of them.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic