Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 2,669

Socar

@Spoony_Tech: I personally don't care about the graphics but rather the gameplay and visual wise. I know the game looks good but I feel that the world is big and if I have no idea where to go, it might feel so boring to me like Phantasy Star 2 where enemies appear randomly.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Artwark: Well the good thing about this game is there's always an arrow pointing you to the next event. You will never get lost and can go anywhere you want if you don't want to trigger the next event. You will never get lost.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Shinion

@Artwark: couldn't recommend Xenoblade higher, it's my favourite ever game, and I had absolutely 1 problem with the New 3DS version, being it froze once during a Chain Attack. Apart from that one hiccup the 3DS version it exceeded my expectations, I loved being able to play my favourite game again on-the-go and the Collection part is fantastic, though probably not something you can appreciate fully until you've played through the game once. I consider Xenoblade's soundtrack to be the greatest in any game I've played, and so to have every theme in the game there in one place to listen to is brilliant. If there's one game that could change your mind on massive JRPGs I would like to think it would be Xenoblade. Either that or Ni No Kuni but that depends on if you've got a PS3.

Shinion

OptometristLime

Artwark wrote:

TheLastLugia Spoony_Tech: I just saw some footage and.....no.....its just not for me personally. Thanks for the advice though.

This guy.

Are you sure you watched the right footage?

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

CanisWolfred

@Artwark: Yes. Any gameplay footage that isn't from GameXplain, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZMnk6VfNJ8

Seriously, I tried watching 4 videos of Xenoblade Chronicles from GameXplain to make sure: one of them was 8 minutes long, 4 of which consisted of the player fumbling with the camera and controls. Because, you know, that's totally what people want to see - A guy who has no idea what he's doing try to figure out what he's supposed to be doing.

I'd like to say "you couldn't have picked a worse channel", but honestly, there's a lot of Xenoblade that has to be experienced to really get. It'd be like judging Fire Emblem from videos when you've never played a strategy game before, you're just not gonna get it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Socar

@CanisWolfred: I still don't feel that desire to get it.

And for the record, Fire Emblem is FAR shorter than RPG's today will ever be. So even if I wasn't sure if I would get into it, the fact that it has decent length just shows that I can try it. Granted that would mean that RPG's would no longer last for 40 hours but since this is on a handheld, it needs to be toned down.

CanisWolfred

@Artwark: Because beating a game you don't like is better than not beating a game you don't like? I'm not saying you should get it and/or like it, I'm just trying to understand your reasoning for why a longer game is so bad when your only problem is you're not sure whether or not you like it. To me, if I don't like a game, I stop playing it. I might try again later if I think I might enjoy it more that time, but in general I'm not gonna waste my free time playing something I'm not enjoying.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Socar

@CanisWolfred: To that I say, because I'm one of those that wants to beat the game regardless of how boring it is in the long run. After beating the main game, I go play something else. I'm not someone who just quits a game like that unless it comes to PC gaming.

But this is a bit off topic so I would recommend Fire Emblem Awakening to anyone who's into SRPG's.

Edited on by Socar

OptometristLime

Artwark wrote:

CanisWolfred: I still don't feel that desire to get it.

And for the record, Fire Emblem is FAR shorter than RPG's today will ever be.

Thanks for trying at least, Canis.

I really can't understand this point about RPG's, length by itself is a really uncomfortable unit of measure which tends to ignore the actual pertinent aspects of the experience

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Resh

35 dollars and 1 cent. Eyeing Resident Evil Revelations and that Tom Clancy strategy game. Opinions on those two games? Though I want to get Lego Jurassic World but NLife's 4/10 review kinda scared me away. So which option should I go for?

Edited on by Resh

3DS FC: 3711-7657-1935
NNID: AwesomeReshiram

jump

I've not played Tom Clancy but Resident Evil Revelations is great and you could probably find a copy cheap or wait for it to go on sale.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

@Resh: Both are really good but be warned about the digital version of Resident Evil as it will eat a lot of space. Shadow Wars for me was the best launch game by far and if you like that type of game play you can't go wrong.

As for RE, to this day it's still one of if not the best looking game on the system. Gameplay is a bit more of a throw back to the series but there's still that modern action aspect to it as well.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

OptometristLime wrote:

Artwark wrote:

CanisWolfred: I still don't feel that desire to get it.

And for the record, Fire Emblem is FAR shorter than RPG's today will ever be.

Thanks for trying at least, Canis.

I really can't understand this point about RPG's, length by itself is a really uncomfortable unit of measure which tends to ignore the actual pertinent aspects of the experience

Believe me, there are reasons to be intimidated by length, but I really don't see why "I have to complete every game I own regardless of whether or not its boring!" is a valid answer. It's not his job to play video games (last I checked), nor will he get those 60-100 hours back just from playing it. Maybe if he wanted to make his purchase feel worthwhile, then at least I've heard that one before, but honestly, I feel like time is a much more precious resource. If money was the problem, should be putting a lot more effort into making sure every single purchase is worthwhile, and at worst, if it's physical, you can sell it back for some cash later. I just can't think of a good reason to spend your own free time completing a game you don't like, regardless of how long it is.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kaegi

I really want to get Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Looks like a great game to get into, plus I haven't played many new games except for Pokémon and I hate it!! (Edit: not the game itself, just the lack of new software ) I have a 3DS XL in good condition, but should I get the New 3DS XL to play the game on? I hear it really helps with navigating the camera with the C-stick and such.

Edited on by Kaegi

Kaegi

Spoony_Tech

@Kaegi: Monster Hunter really isn't that bad without the second stick. I only got the cpp for 3 Ultimate because of the underwater battles. However from what I hear it looks a lot better on the New 3ds and I've heard that from multiple people.

MERG said:

iKhan

So I'll be spending the next 7 days at my grandparents' place, and I need a game to play. Recommendations?

Here are the restrictions:
-Needs to offer 20+ hours of fulfilling gameplay
-No Horror
-Needs to be less than $25 (I've been spending a lot lately. I need to keep the cost low)

The games I already own: MH3, Pokemon X, Ace Combat, Tales of the Abyss, Inazuma Eleven

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Spoony_Tech

@Tops: Those are all still most likely too expensive.

Not sure if retail or eshop matters but it has been said enough just on this page alone Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. Cheap and easily 40 hours right there. I could also recommend quite a few Atlus games if those are up your alley.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic