Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 2,669

svic

Arronishere

I owned N64, GameCube and Super Nintendo long ago. However, this game I am asking about is totally different from any Mario game released on previous consoles before 3ds released, including the storyline, is that correct? Thank you.

svic

Link1309

Hello guys,

As you can see in the Topic i cant decied wich game i should buy.
First i was looking for a Harvest Moon as i loved Friends Of Mineral Town a lot. But the 3ds Harvest Moons doesnt seem to be good and Story of Season is not available in EU.

Now i was looking for Alternative. Is the Farming part in a Rune Factory as good as Harvest Moon? How is the Housing in the 3 Games.
I would be happy if you could help me to find out wich i should pick up.

Link1309

PrincessSugoi

@Link1309

I haven't gotten very far in Rune Factory 4 (I was looking for a more strictly farm experience myself so I put it down and got Story of Seasons) but the farming itself isn't much different. You can choose whether to focus more on the farming or the adventure elements (though you will eventually have to take care of those type of tasks to advance the story forward).

Is Friends of Mineral Town the only Harvest Moon game you played? Because my first one was Harvest Moon DS and I absolutely loved it. I'd totally recommend that one if you're looking for a more traditional BokuMono experience since EU doesn't have Story of Seasons yet (sorry about that btw :-/) .

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

svic

arronishere wrote:

svic wrote:

Arronishere

I owned N64, GameCube and Super Nintendo long ago. However, this game I am asking about is totally different from any Mario game released on previous consoles before 3ds released, including the storyline, is that correct? Thank you.

Yeah, it's a stand alone game that's not connected to others or has been released before in any form.

Thank you for your help. According to what I heard so far--including online search I did a moment ago--"Super Mario 3D Land" is an independent game that got nothing to do with any other Mario game released on the console (including Wii and Wii U) besides 2ds, 3ds and new 3ds. I hope I am not mistaken on that one. If that's the case, then I think this is a must buy for me. I played Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and I love them so much. So this game should be my cup of tea.

svic

svic

Using new 3ds xl now. The manual says when the console being charged for too many times, it's recommended to unscrew the back.case for battery pack replacement. Usually how long can my current battery pack last before it's time to change a new one? Thanks.

svic

Spoony_Tech

svic wrote:

Using new 3ds xl now. The manual says when the console being charged for too many times, it's recommended to unscrew the back.case for battery pack replacement. Usually how long can my current battery pack last before it's time to change a new one? Thanks.

I used mine for 3 years and 4000 hours before I started noticing a slight drop off in charge. I also never shut my system off and used maxed brightness and 3d full on all the time.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

svic

Spoony_Tech wrote:

svic wrote:

I used mine for 3 years and 4000 hours before I started noticing a slight drop off in charge. I also never shut my system off and used maxed brightness and 3d full on all the time.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did you usually unplug the charger from the 3ds when the console is 100% charged?

svic

Spoony_Tech

svic wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

svic wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did you usually unplug the charger from the 3ds when the console is 100% charged?

Nope, I would charge it while I was sleeping so it was one there for hours afterwards.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

svic

Spoony_Tech wrote:

svic wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

svic wrote:

Nope, I would charge it while I was sleeping so it was one there for hours afterwards.

Sometimes I am like that too. I charge my devices, such as mobile phone, when I sleep. Seems that most devices nowadays, including game consoles, should be fine even when they were being charged when full of electricity. Are you using the original 3ds, or the "New 3DS XL" like the one I'm using? I noticed something strange but hard to describe what I noticed.

svic

Spoony_Tech

@svic All I was quoting was from my old XL model I got pretty much at launch. I just recently upgraded though to the new XL. That has already had to be repaired but it seems to work just fine now.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Smah4382

Can anyone recomend me a good RPG game?
Especially one like Earthbound

Smah4382

jump

Smah4382 wrote:

Can anyone recomend me a good RPG game?
Especially one like Earthbound

There's Citizens of Earth on the eshop that's a homage to Earthbound you could try.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

svic

@arronishere:

There is one game, which I believe to be RPG, that really attracts me. It's Fire Emblem Awakening. Is that a turn based RPG like Final Fantasy?

svic

jump

svic wrote:

@arronishere:

There is one game, which I believe to be RPG, that really attracts me. It's Fire Emblem Awakening. Is that a turn based RPG like Final Fantasy?

It is a turn based RPG but not like Final Fantasy, it's Strategy RPG so a bit different. There's a demo available for it so you can give a try before hand.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

@komengancol: How much did you end up paying?

MERG said:

Ralizah

Copies are going for around $40 on Ebay. You can also get it for under $50 on Amazon. I guess Nintendo must have printed more copies of the game? It was going for $60+ not too long ago.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

I doubt it, the demand probably went down shortly after the announced Majora's Mask. Still for a game 4years old that's quite good concerering it most likely sold more then a million.

MERG said:

HankLangley

Sticker Star, lol

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic