Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 2,669

Spoony_Tech

Smah4382 wrote:

Well thats bad but is there any good fps/shooting game for the 3ds?

You can dl Ironfall in the eshop right now for free. You can even play online for free. If you like it and want more you can pay to unlock more. It also has a single player.

The only other game I can think of is Moon Chronicles which is only single player.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Bassman_Q

For the E3 sale right now, I'm having trouble deciding between A Link Between Worlds or Fantasy Life. They both seem great, since ALBW goes back to 2D roots with a shaken-up item formula, but FL looks like it could be a solid, meaty life-sim/RPG experience. Any thoughts?

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

jump

Bassman_Q wrote:

For the E3 sale right now, I'm having trouble deciding between A Link Between Worlds or Fantasy Life. They both seem great, since ALBW goes back to 2D roots with a shaken-up item formula, but FL looks like it could be a solid, meaty life-sim/RPG experience. Any thoughts?

Fantsay Life is bigger and decent but it does feel like MMORPG lite where as Zelda has better peaks but wont last you 100+hours like FL.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Marlena13

oh my oh my, this is just great

Marlena13

DefHalan

Pahvi wrote:

For someone who hasn't played a Starfox game ever, would you recommend picking up Starfox 64 3D with the present discount or waiting for Starfox 0 to come?

Yes times a thousand

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jump

Pahvi wrote:

For someone who hasn't played a Starfox game ever, would you recommend picking up Starfox 64 3D with the present discount or waiting for Starfox 0 to come?

Star Fox 64 is great, the main complaint (which I disagree with) is that it's too short as you're meant to replay it alot to unlock the other routes but otherwise it's deliver on it promises.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

CanisWolfred

I'm getting $40 worth of eShop credit. Should I get:

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - really behind on this series

Super Mario 3D Land - rented it once and didn't care for it, but now that I love 3D World, I might care more?

Yoshi's New Island + Yoshi's Island DS - Wasn't a big fan of the original, but I plan to give it a second chance soon.

Or should I just get Hyrule Warriors and use the remains of my Gift card for the extra $4 or so?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

Super Mario 3D Land - rented it once and didn't care for it, but now that I love 3D World, I might care more?

Yoshi's New Island + Yoshi's Island DS - Wasn't a big fan of the original, but I plan to give it a second chance soon.

Or should I just get Hyrule Warriors and use the remains of my Gift card for the extra $4 or so?

Dream Team is good but nothing special. I enjoyed what I played. Hyrule Warriors is the best on that list though. I would go that route personally.

Oh and 3d world > 3d land. Of you didn't like it before you most likely won't now. I played it to the end and it's definitely overrated. Still a decent game though.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

CanisWolfred wrote:

If you didn't like the original Yoshis Island then don't bother with the sequels and if you didn't like 3D Land then there's no reason to buy it.

Nicolai wrote:

Socar

I just want to know if they are any 3DS exclusive Platform games besides Mario, Kirby and Donkey kong because the 3DS seems to be lower than the Wii U in terms of platform games.........why?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

Artwark wrote:

I just want to know if they are any 3DS exclusive Platform games besides Mario, Kirby and Donkey kong because the 3DS seems to be lower than the Wii U in terms of platform games.........why?

Are there any non-Nintendo exclusive platformers on the Wii U? On the 3ds there's Crushed3D, Sayonara Umihara Kawase and loads of poop movie/kids tie ins.

Nicolai wrote:

Vinny

Artwark wrote:

Both Gunman Clive games are short but nice. I'd also recommend Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (a Metroid-like game).

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Socar

Vinny wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Both Gunman Clive games are short but nice. I'd also recommend Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (a Metroid-like game).

Got em both. While Pirate's Curse is a love letter to its fans, its still a bit disappointing in replay wise. Anything else?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

^I thought you said exclusive? Gunman Clive and Shantae are multiformat. In that case there's Cubit, Fractured Soul, Hydroventure etc but Sayonara Umihara Kawase remains the best non-nintendo pure platformer.

Nicolai wrote:

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

No sense in getting games you know you won't like. Dream Team seems like your best bet.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

True. It's just that Nintendo games go on sale so rarely, I'm afraid that if I did like Yoshi's Island or 3D Land again, I'd get those games anyways, but then I'd have to pay full price.

But I guess paying full price later and maybe enjoying them is better than buying them on sale and probably not enjoying them...

Buuuuut I wasn't able to get the second eShop card I figured I'd get so...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

jump

^Paying half price for something you don't like is still you paying for something you don't like and it's not like there's a shortage of games both retail and indie/digital on the 3DS you could be playing instead.

Nicolai wrote:

svic

I have questions about Super Mario 3D Land. But please don't get me spoiled to the story, thank you. Is this game exclusive to 3ds? And is this game kinda like sequel to Mario Galaxy 2? Thanks.

svic

jump

svic wrote:

I have questions about Super Mario 3D Land. But please don't get me spoiled to the story, thank you. Is this game exclusive to 3ds? And is this game kinda like sequel to Mario Galaxy 2? Thanks.

You can only play it on the 2DS, 3DS and New 3DS and no, it's not a sequel to the Galaxy games.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic