Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 2,669

Revanmann

I was thinking 50 bucks was a bit pricey for a 3DS game. Eh, I probably wouldn't buy it at that price anyways, but I'm used to games being expensive. I usually end up waiting like 6 minths down the line though. I have the One and I'm surprised most games are decently cheap, only brand new games are full price.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

Spoony_Tech

Meant to say any 3ds game. Unless there is some kind of incentive.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Ok so I traded a Pikachu plushie for story of seasons. I'm enjoying this title very much. The tutorial is a little long winded if you have played HM/BM games before but I love the way they handle shipping and trade (I've skipped a few of the handheld ones so I don't know if this is a new thing or not) and you can swim! I recommend it to any fans of the series, new people too!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CanisWolfred

Oh yeah, honestly, I got tired during the tutorial in Story of Seasons. I'm new to the series (excluding the Gameboy games, which I was never good at), but it really feels like it's wasting my time, especially considering how many important details you have to "read up on your own time" while they take forever dragging out the basics. I feel like this is the worst tutorial I've encountered in a while. I don't know much more than I did before it and I'm probably going to be fumbling around for hours unless I study like an @$$hole...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MisterMan

I'm not sure what to get for my reward of Platinum status on Club Nintendo? Animal Crossing, Yoshi's New Island, or Mario Golf? What do you think?

MisterMan

Storytime7

MisterMan wrote:

I'm not sure what to get for my reward of Platinum status on Club Nintendo? Animal Crossing, Yoshi's New Island, or Mario Golf? What do you think?

There's a demo for Mario Golf in the eShop if you want to check it out before making a decision. My recommendation goes to Animal Crossing, especially because of how convenient it is to have a digital copy of that game. I loved New Leaf, but I wouldn't have played it for so long if I didn't buy it digitally.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Pokefanmum82

I got Mario Golf myself. I couldn't spend my coins though. every time I try I get an error message.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

MisterMan

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I ended up getting Mario Golf and it is really great.

MisterMan

enamiiz

I'm looking for help finding new games to play.

'Online Multi-player PvE' games for 3DS. Any genre. PvP optional at the most. Single-Player component welcome but not req.

eg. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

enamiiz

Spoony_Tech

enamiiz wrote:

I'm looking for help finding new games to play.

'Online Multi-player PvE' games for 3DS. Any genre. PvP optional at the most. Single-Player component welcome but not req.

eg. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Off the top of my head Kid Icarus, Mario Kart 7, Mario Golf, Code Name Steam, Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call and Ironfall. These last 3 are more co-op but still very fun Luigi's Mansion and Resident Evil Mercenaries and Revelations.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ClassicJetterz

If anyone likes Anima Crossing or sim type games in general, get Story of Seasons.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Flopsy86

I'm looking for feedback on some possible games which play well in 3D. I bought a N3DS within the last week and I only have a handful of 3DS titles at the moment.
Mario Kart 7
Mario Party Island Tour
New Super Mario Bros 2
Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros
Super Mario 3D Land
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Mario Tennis Open
Mario Gold World Tour (with DLC)
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call
Animal Crossing Wild World
Nintendogs and Cats
As you can see, very first party orientated line up.
Now that I have a N3DS, I thought it was time to revisit games that I may have overlooked because 3D wasn't a big factor in my decision making, I'm also open to suggestions for games which I don't own anyway even if they're original DS games.

These games are currently on my wish list:
Tomodachi Life
Tales of the Abyss
Fantasy Life
Putty Squad
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island
Harvest Moon Tale of 2 Cities
Harvest Moon A New Beginning
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop
Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal (may opt for Wii U version, I know it's terrible but I like Sonic games too much)
Sonic Generations (did have Xbox 360 version, heard this one is different)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity
Super Pokemon Rumble

Notes: I've only played one LoZ game ever and that is Link's Awakening on Game Boy Color, I'm willing to consider LoZ games.
I did have Pokemon Y but traded it in because I didn't enjoy it.
I enjoy Sim games, RPGs (which aren't repetitive button tapping hack and slash with no thought or strategy) and Music/Rhythm games.
Own the following DS games: 42 Classics, Lego Rock Band, Rock Band 3, Mario vs DK March of the Minis, Mario vs DK Mini Land Mayhem, Mario Party DS, Warioware, New Super Mario Bros, ML Partners in Time, ML Bowser's Inside Story, Sonic Classic Collection, Pokemon MD Explorers of Sky, Pokemon MD Blue Rescue Team

Any feedback greatly appreciated

Flopsy86

Nintendo Network ID: Flopsy86

BearHunger

Flopsy86 wrote:

The 3DS one is smaller: Seven levels each with two acts; like the console version, there are seven bosses. There is a mission mode, but I found it less creative and engaging than the challenges in the console version. I would only recommend this one for cheap. I think its price on the eShop right now is $30, which I consider too expensive for the content on offer.

The only other game I've played on the list is Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, which I enjoyed. I don't remember there being any downside to the 3D effect in that game, but it's been a while since I've played it.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Ralizah

Flopsy86 wrote:

Tomodachi Life
Tales of the Abyss
Fantasy Life
Putty Squad
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island
Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal (may opt for Wii U version, I know it's terrible but I like Sonic games too much)
Super Pokemon Rumble

Notes: I've only played one LoZ game ever and that is Link's Awakening on Game Boy Color, I'm willing to consider LoZ games.

Fantasy Life is FANTASTIC. It's a simple, highly intuitive, and charming RPG with engaging life sim mechanics. The 3D is pretty decent as well.

If you're open to Legend of Zelda, I also implore you to give A Link Between Worlds a chance. It's a gorgeous little top-down Zelda game with MUCH more intuitive dungeon design (being completely honest: the dungeons in Link's Awakening were oftentimes a bit annoying), some of the best 3D you'll see on the system, and some changes that make gameplay progression much more enjoyable.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Ryu_Niiyama

For those that import: Theatrhythm Dragon Quest is on sale at Play Asia right now. It is down to 22.99 USD.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

YvoCaro

I'm trying to find the right game for the right time, for those situations when you want to play, but can't decide on what. First, I'm asking my readers to vote for their favorite game genre. We will branch out from there!

Edited on by YvoCaro

It's not just young people that play videogames! 😄 Check out my gaming blog at www.ladiesgamers.com.

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0141-3894

CanisWolfred

YvoCaro wrote:

I'm trying to find the right game for the right time, for those situations when you want to play, but can't decide on what. First, I'm asking my readers to vote for their favorite game genre. We will branch out from there!
[snip]

...Good for you. But if you want recommendations here, feel free to ask a direct question, instead of, you know, pimping your own website like a shill.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

YvoCaro

Point taken, thanks anyway!

It's not just young people that play videogames! 😄 Check out my gaming blog at www.ladiesgamers.com.

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0141-3894

karolinpoznan

Flopsy86 wrote:

I'm looking for feedback on some possible games which play well in 3D. I bought a N3DS within the last week and I only have a handful of 3DS titles at the moment.
Mario Kart 7
Mario Party Island Tour
New Super Mario Bros 2
Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros
Super Mario 3D Land
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Mario Tennis Open
Mario Gold World Tour (with DLC)
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call
Animal Crossing Wild World
Nintendogs and Cats
As you can see, very first party orientated line up.
Now that I have a N3DS, I thought it was time to revisit games that I may have overlooked because 3D wasn't a big factor in my decision making, I'm also open to suggestions for games which I don't own anyway even if they're original DS games.

Tomodachi Life
Tales of the Abyss
Fantasy Life
Putty Squad
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi's New Island
Super Pokemon Rumble

I enjoy Sim games, RPGs (which aren't repetitive button tapping hack and slash with no thought or strategy) and Music/Rhythm games.
Own the following DS games: 42 Classics, Lego Rock Band, Rock Band 3, Mario vs DK March of the Minis, Mario vs DK Mini Land Mayhem, Mario Party DS, Warioware, New Super Mario Bros, ML Partners in Time, ML Bowser's Inside Story, Sonic Classic Collection, Pokemon MD Explorers of Sky, Pokemon MD Blue Rescue Team

Any feedback greatly appreciated

going on your wish list, I found fantasy Life to be a real charmer and I'm slowly meandering through that one.

Kirby is great fun, but very short. I loved it, but if I did not have younger family members to share the bane eith, then I would have felt ripped off.

I agree with Ralizar that Link between worlds is a great Zelda title to get into. Also, if you enjoy rpg's then have you though of Fire Emblem Awakening?

Tharja is my wife...

Nintendo Network ID: karolinpoz

Socar

At this point, other than Azran Legacies, I can't think of what else I'd want for the 3DS other than Fire Emblem If. I thought of getting S.T.E.A.M but......I dunno about that. Then of course I wanted to try out Puzzles and Dragons but reviews say otherwise.

So yeah.....not much is happening for the 3DS.......As of now, I think I've pretty much played every 3DS game that I want to play other than Azran Legacies.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic