Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 2,669

Kirbytastic

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Kirbytastic wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Kirbytastic wrote:

gcunit wrote:

Ann I right in thinking Monster Hunter games really need to be played online. My 3DS is more for mobile gaming where wifi can't be relied upon, so I'm not sure I'll get much out of it...

I believe I heard that multiplayer makes the game easier, but I'm not sure about anything else.

But if that's correct, then I probably won't be getting it. Like you, I mostly use my 3ds where there's no wifi, so I'd be missing a lot of gameplay features.

Actually online can be a mixed bag. Get a bad team and you get nowhere. When I played Tri online everyday for about 4 months I probably lost 30 hours of game play to failed quests because of one specific person. I liked him and all but boy did we fail a lot. I say off line is every bit as easy as online as you can rely on yourself far more then others.

Yeah i can see that some people can make you fall behind quite a bit. But I'm just looking for a game that'll entertain me on long car trips or when I'm bored.

And this may be an odd question, but do the L & R buttons play a huge part in controls in MH4U or are they just minor things? My L button is broken and the R button only works every so often.

The R button is used most of the game so that probably just made your decision.

Unfortunately, yes. It's so hard finding games to play now that my L & R buttons are broken. I would get a new 3ds but money doesn't grow on trees and I don't have 180$ or so just lying around. So for now I'll make due.

What about FE:A, do you know if you need the LR buttons to play?

I'll be there when you least expect it.

Currently playing: Majora's mask 3D, Metroid 2: Return of samus, VVVVVV, SSB3D and Pokémon alpha sapphire
Current Wishlist: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Bravely Default and Kirby Triple Deluxe

Spoony_Tech

@Kirbytastic For the sake of not quoting anymore lol. You can use them but it's not necessary to play the game. The r button zooms the camera in and out and the l button just cycles to the next available player. You should be fine.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kirbytastic

@Spoony_Tech Awesome. Glad one game I wanna get doesn't need the LR buttons. And I'm also glad it doesn't influence the gameplay at all, smash and majora's mask 3D are harder (and more annoying) without the LR buttons, more so MM3D with having to switch items in and out of slots every 5 seconds.

Any recommendations for 3ds games that are good that don't really use the LR button? I know alot of games use the LR buttons, but I just thought I'd ask since I have no idea what the controls are until I acctually buy a game, and I'd prefer not to buy a game then return it the next day because I can't play it.

Update: After messing around with the buttons for a bit I was somehow able to get my R button working. Don't know how long it'll last or if it will stay fixed but horray I guess? My L button is still broken though.

Edited on by Kirbytastic

I'll be there when you least expect it.

Currently playing: Majora's mask 3D, Metroid 2: Return of samus, VVVVVV, SSB3D and Pokémon alpha sapphire
Current Wishlist: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Bravely Default and Kirby Triple Deluxe

Spoony_Tech

I won't buy the rest based on the first Episode. For all the reasons you said above. Environments looked bland, enemies looked bland, and 3d sucked. Controls were spot on but what's the point if the rest of the game is boring. Story also did nothing for me.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

WaveBoy wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I won't buy the rest based on the first Episode. For all the reasons you said above. Environments looked bland, enemies looked bland, and 3d sucked. Controls were spot on but what's the point if the rest of the game is boring. Story also did nothing for me.

Yeah, life's too short for this generic by the numbers space doo doo.
The only reason I gave it a go was because of the stylus pointer controls which ARE pretty awesome and stereoscopic 3D. if it had neither I wouldn't of touched this game with a 10 foot Yoshi. the first episode was enough for me, by no means BAD...I mean it was decent, I some what enjoyed it here and there. Especially when you get to take control of that little transporter robot device where you can get into small crevices, zap robots and unlock doors. But eh, won't be getting the rest. i'll be playing Space Harrier 3D instead.

I thought the worst parts of the game was that stupid robot transporter thing. They did it far too often for my liking.

MERG said:

outburst

I'm unsure if I'll go digital on FE:Awakening or cart. Are the DLCs worth it? If I'm going to get the DLCs, then I'll just buy it digitally.

outburst

Martarts

Has anyone tried donkey kong country returns 3d? I am interested in getting it as club Nintendo platinum status. Which should I get New Super Mario Bros or DonkeyKong Country returns?

NNID 3DS/Wii U: Martarts
Steam ID: Martarts
Add me if you want.

3DS Friend Code: 2062-9654-9678 | Nintendo Network ID: Martarts

CanisWolfred

I'd go with Returns. It's got the same great game that was on the Wii, but also offers a new mode where the levels are tweaked to make them more portable friendly.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

Martarts wrote:

Has anyone tried donkey kong country returns 3d? I am interested in getting it as club Nintendo platinum status. Which should I get New Super Mario Bros or DonkeyKong Country returns?

If you've never played DKCR then you owe it to yourself to play it. The 3d adds a lot to the experience and plays great without the waggle.

MERG said:

Martarts

I own the Wii version so I thought it would add new dimensions of the game but is it still fun? Like the controls are easy. And does it have multiplayer? That might make my decision.

NNID 3DS/Wii U: Martarts
Steam ID: Martarts
Add me if you want.

3DS Friend Code: 2062-9654-9678 | Nintendo Network ID: Martarts

Spoony_Tech

Martarts wrote:

I own the Wii version so I thought it would add new dimensions of the game but is it still fun? Like the controls are easy. And does it have multiplayer? That might make my decision.

No multiplayer. It only runs at 30 fps but imo Its hardly noticeable. Like I said above, 3d adds a lot and there is new levels but only after you've played and collected almost everything. I never beat the Wii version but I did beat this one.

MERG said:

Rensch

I finished The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D this week. It's definitely better than the N64 version, not just because of its improved graphics, but also because it smoothes out Majora's often frustrating gameplay experience. I always felt Majora's Mask - despite its more intricate plot and innovative gameplay concepts - was inferior to Ocarina of Time. This had to do with how often you were unsure what you were supposed to do. Many sidequests had to be done over and over within Majora's Groundhog Day-style gameplay, unless you knew where (or even when) to find a specific item or Ocarina Song that allowed you to skip those quests in the next three-day cycle. The 3D version evens those issues out with an improved Bomber's Notebook that now keeps track of more quests and rumours. This allows you to more easily keep track of how to finish these little quests and how far you have gotten in doing so. The biggest improvement, however, is the revamping of Majora's downright annoying save system. On the N64, you could only save by either going back in time, or at specific save points scattered throughout the game. If you used the latter method, you would go back to the title screen and could only load that save file once. Completely nonsensical. Now you can just save all your progress permanently at any save point. There's additional ones added to this version to make it even better. This is how it should have been from the start.

So, do I think it's finally on par with Ocarina? Compared to that game's N64 edition, yes. The 3DS version of Ocarina is still better, though. Majora doesn't have a Master Quest or even a hard mode like Link Between Worlds. Still, if you haven't played Majora's Mask, it's worth it to pay the much bigger price over the VC version for the more streamlined gameplay, better save system and prettier graphics.

9/10

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

MsJubilee

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Shin-Megami Tensei or Project X Zone?

Which Shin Megami game?4? If you mean by that game then yes Shin Megami Tensei 4 is a must,if you like dark RPG games that actually provides you a challenge while you hear an amazing OST.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Spoony_Tech

midnafanboy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Shin-Megami Tensei or Project X Zone?

Which Shin Megami game?4? If you mean by that game then yes Shin Megami Tensei 4 is a must,if you like dark RPG games that actually provides you a challenge while you hear an amazing OST.

No brainer SMTIV!

MERG said:

Nez

Hi everyone,

I was considering buying a Wii U since I already own a nintendo 3DS XL but for some strange reason I feel that I would be ok with one or the other. So i decided to buy the New nintendo 3DS XL along with MH4 and Zelda ..

I only currently own Pokemon X for my 3DS .. and wanted to start using my handheld more often. Since I already have a PS4 for console and DS has Mario and donkey kong games I don't see MUCH reason to get the wii u.. neither would I have time for all 3.

Few questions
Do you prefer your Wii U or 3DS? ( if you had to choose one ) & I know its opinion based.

When did MH4 release? I am new to the series will i be outmatched in multiplayer? does it have multiplayer pvp ect? and are there tons of different armor/gear to wear? .. will i be behind

How is that new zelda with the purple cover? have not played since N64 (Ocarina of times) and that was an awesome game so looking to get back on that ..

I also noticed that only red and black are available in my area, is there anyway I can get my hands on a white one or anything besides those two options !

Anyhow thank you guys :] looking forward to being part of the community !

Edited on by Nez

SW-6812-3777-3202

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

@Nez

1) I personally prefer the 3DS. I like the portability, and I like the games, especially the surprising early abundance of RPGs.

2) Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate released in North America and Europe in February. It's been out for less than 4 weeks, trust me, you'll be fine. It's not a competitive game, anyways. The Free DLC only recently launched, too, so you'll have plenty of time to get to that as well.

3) The "new" Zelda is a remake of Majora's Mask, which originally released on the N64 back in 2000. I won't be able play it until my birthday at the end of the Month, but I did play the original, which there were things I liked about it and things I didn't...I'm hoping the remake fixes the things I didn't like. MM was somewhat divisive whe it first launched (the Groundhog's Day-like mechanic being the main point of contention with some players), but it's grown in popularity since. By most accounts, the 3D remake is better, but you might want to look over some reviews, first. Like this one.

4) The Only Options available in North America, besides Limited Editions, are Black and Red New 3DS XLs. You can get the White one with candy-colored buttons if you import it from Europe, but then you'd have to import every game you get for it because the System is region-locked...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

Pahvi wrote:

Which roguelike/mystery dungeon game would you recommend on 3DS in Europe? I really liked Chocobo's Dungeon on Wii, but that was probably from the easiest end of the spectrum. Baroque didn't really do it for me, possibly because of the real-time combat.

Heroes of Ruin.

MERG said:

Chaoz

Link Between Worlds, MH4U, or OOT3D?

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic