Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 2,670

Storytime7

Revanmann wrote:

What about Metroid like games. More Specifically Super Metroid(The greatest game ever created). Sorry, that needed to be said. I can't mention it without that.

You might be interested in Cave Story or the Shantae games if you've never played them before. All of them are available on the 3DS eShop.

Edited on by Storytime7

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Spoony_Tech

Storytime7 wrote:

Revanmann wrote:

What about Metroid like games. More Specifically Super Metroid(The greatest game ever created). Sorry, that needed to be said. I can't mention it without that.

You might be interested in Cave Story or the Shantae games if you've never played them before. All of them are available on the 3DS eShop.

Steamworld Dig!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Revanmann wrote:

Xeodrifter for a Metroid-like game.
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is superb, but it's a bit more like later Castlevanias, to my mind.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Storytime7

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Storytime7 wrote:

Revanmann wrote:

Steamworld Dig!!

Can't believe I forgot about that one. I just played it a few weeks ago. Yeah, SteamWorld Dig was great.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Revanmann

Sorry, I forgot how to reply with comments on the forums. It's been awhile since I've been in the forums. I've played the crap out of Cave Story. I LOVED it. I've heard Shantae is great. I'll probably play those. And as for Steamworld Dig, that's on my list of "to buy".
I need the 3DS version of Cave Story. I actually played it on my old PSP. And I have it on Steam. I heard something about Cave Story 2 recently. Ohhh.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

ocelot20

What is the best Pokemon 3DS game to start with? Getting a new 3DS at the end of the week or early next week. I want to get a pokemon game. I have not played a pokemon game since leaf green on the GBA.

ocelot20

DefHalan

ocelot20 wrote:

What is the best Pokemon 3DS game to start with? Getting a new 3DS at the end of the week or early next week. I want to get a pokemon game. I have not played a pokemon game since leaf green on the GBA.

I suggest Pokemon X & Y are good to get back into the series with Alpha & Omega being deeper games.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

frozenraccoon

Hello everyone,
I'm finally caving and going to get back into the nintendo world. I grew up on SNES, Gameboy, and N64 and I thought it was time to hop back in once Majora's Mask became available. I'm going to pick up the new 3ds xl on friday and I'm looking for a few recommendations. I'm going to grab majoras mask, oot, maybe starfox, and I need 1/2 more recommendations. I haven't played pokemon since the blue version, but I was thinking of hopping back into that.

Friend Code: 1263 - 8747 - 0099

Spoony_Tech

frozenraccoon wrote:

Hello everyone,
I'm finally caving and going to get back into the nintendo world. I grew up on SNES, Gameboy, and N64 and I thought it was time to hop back in once Majora's Mask became available. I'm going to pick up the new 3ds xl on friday and I'm looking for a few recommendations. I'm going to grab majoras mask, oot, maybe starfox, and I need 1/2 more recommendations. I haven't played pokemon since the blue version, but I was thinking of hopping back into that.

Sounds like you're looking for mostly 1st party game so I'll add Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon, Fire Emblem Awakening, Super Mario 3d Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Animal Crossing New Leaf. There's also plenty of 3rd party games worth checking out as well.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

frozenraccoon wrote:

Hello everyone,

Here's my top picks;

Fire Emblem Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 2
Super Smash Bros 3DS
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Mario Kart 7
Fantasy Life
Resident Evil Revelations
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MisterMan

frozenraccoon wrote:

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased my first 3ds a few months ago and found some great recommendations on this thread. I was able to borrow some of these from friends, others I purchased. My favorites so far have been:
Cave Story
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario Land 3d
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Super Smash Bros
Star Fox
Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Crystal
Gunman Clive
Xerodrifter
Code of Princess (really fun, but gets a bit repetitive)

It can be a bit overwhelming jumping on board now because there's so many great games.

Edited on by MisterMan

MisterMan

frozenraccoon

Appreciate all of the suggestions. I will be sure to check some of them out!

BearHunger

If you like old-school side-scrolling platform/action games, then Shinobi is worth picking up. It's available really cheap used; I picked up my cartridge for $7.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

CanisWolfred

BearHunger wrote:

If you like old-school side-scrolling platform/action games, then Shinobi is worth picking up. It's available really cheap used; I picked up my cartridge for $7.

I picked it up, too. I don't like it. It's rediculously hard, even for Shinobi, and worst of all, the levels are cheap and excessively long. I remember playing for a half an hour and never reached the end of the first level, and then I used up all my lives in succession on this one cheap jump and game-overed...and that was on Easy...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

BearHunger

CanisWolfred wrote:

BearHunger wrote:

I picked it up, too. I don't like it. It's rediculously hard, even for Shinobi, and worst of all, the levels are cheap and excessively long. I remember playing for a half an hour and never reached the end of the first level, and then I used up all my lives in succession on this one cheap jump and game-overed...and that was on Easy...

My problem with the game is its sub-60FPS frame rate, which makes blocking—which competes with jumping for most important mechanic of the game—unnecessarily difficult. Apart from that, I liked the game's difficulty. Tougher than III and G.G. but not as hard as Revenge and PS2. I took about that long on the first level the first time and got game over as well.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Revanmann

Do we have any games like The Binding of Isaac for the 3DS? two reasons. 1: I have a 3DS(heh), and 2: I like the game, but it's a bit dark. I'm not a fan of the really dark stuff. I like it, but sometimes it gets to be to much. Especially the satan stuff. Eh.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

Spoony_Tech

WaveBoy wrote:

Man, I just can't bring myself to buy NSMB.2.....I mean I will eventually, but in all honestly it looks like it's safe to say that NSMB.2 is the first mediocre entry in the traditional Mario series, not to mention completely unnecessary.

This was NOT the 2D Mario 3DS fans wanted, it just seems like an absolute waste. we could of gotten a 2D sequel to SMLand 2: 6 golden coins or a spiritual sequel to SMB2 USA, but no...Nintendo just had to take yet another jab in this bland as heck 'new' series and beat the canvas yet again.

I'd snag it for 19.99, but no more than that. Anybody else disappointed by this game?

It's actually the only game in the series I beat. It was fun once through but as the first dl game I wish I had bought it physical so I could get store credit at Gamestop. I knew I would never play it again.

MERG said:

Pokefanmum82

I love it because it was the first Mario I had ever beaten. I do replay it all the time. I am trying to get a million coins and love the coin runs. I might play it this weekend if I can borrow a 2DS from one of my kids.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

frozenraccoon

I'm debating between smash and majoras mask. I grabbed my 3ds this morning, and I'm stuck between these two games. If you had to choose one, which one? Leaning towards smash, but I feel the single player could get boring.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic