Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 2,669

Tobiaku

I got a japanese new 3DS, and was able to make a Nintendo ID, using my epostadress wich my european id also used ^^

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

spizzamarozzi

Alright, I've got 30 euro to spend on a 3DS game, and for that price I can either get a new copy of Kid Icarus Uprising or a second hand copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. I'm not familiar with any of the two styles of gameplay. I have tried the FEA demo and I liked it, but I'm not sure I see myself doing that stuff for 40, 50 or more hours, unless things get dramatically more exciting later on.
On the other hand, I've never tried Kid Icarus Uprising, and I've never seen the gameplay. I've heard people complain about the controls though: I'm open towards all kinds of different control systems, but I have a very bad case of (uncured) carpal tunnel in my left hand, and I tend to get cramps if my left hand is forced to stay in an unnatural position for a while. What would you recommend? Cheers!

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

TOUGHDUDE94

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Alright, I've got 30 euro to spend on a 3DS game, and for that price I can either get a new copy of Kid Icarus Uprising or a second hand copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. I'm not familiar with any of the two styles of gameplay. I have tried the FEA demo and I liked it, but I'm not sure I see myself doing that stuff for 40, 50 or more hours, unless things get dramatically more exciting later on.
On the other hand, I've never tried Kid Icarus Uprising, and I've never seen the gameplay. I've heard people complain about the controls though: I'm open towards all kinds of different control systems, but I have a very bad case of (uncured) carpal tunnel in my left hand, and I tend to get cramps if my left hand is forced to stay in an unnatural position for a while. What would you recommend? Cheers!

i would recommend Fire Emblem Awakening.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

iKhan

So Super Street Fighter IV 3D is 60% off on the eShop. Not sure if I should buy or not. The only other "traditional" fighters I've played are SoulCalibur 2 and Injustice: Gods Among Us. They were fun, but with friends and family (don't know about the single player modes because I didn't play them much).

Is it worth buying for a "fighting game noob"?

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

spizzamarozzi

iKhan wrote:

So Super Street Fighter IV 3D is 60% off on the eShop. Not sure if I should buy or not. The only other "traditional" fighters I've played are SoulCalibur 2 and Injustice: Gods Among Us. They were fun, but with friends and family (don't know about the single player modes because I didn't play them much).

Is it worth buying for a "fighting game noob"?

yeah, most definitely. I'm not big on fighting games either, but I enjoyed SSFIV3D. What makes it really likeable for noobs like me is that they added shortcuts to special attacks and moves on the touch-screen, so you can perform shoryukens, throw hadoukens or pull out ultra moves just by touching the bottom screen. This makes virtually every character playable and enjoyable from the get go without you having to "learn" a ton of stuff or without having to get used to the mediocre circle pad on the 3DS to perform the intricate combinations timely. There's a truckload of characters, enough trinkets to unlock and the online is still functional.
If you can get it with a 60% off, get it. It's very good, and I must say, it's even better if you don't have a deep interest in fighting games.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

khadafi2999

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance US$ 18.99
http://www.play-asia.com/kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-distanc...

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds US$ 29.99
http://www.play-asia.com/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-w...

Fire Emblem: Awakening US$ 29.99
http://www.play-asia.com/fire-emblem-awakening-paOS-13-49-en-...

Nintendo fan.
Owned: NES, Megadrive, SNES, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, DS, 3DS, and PC. Planned to buy: redesigned Wii U, New 3DS and maybe redesigned XBONE/PS4

MisterMan

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Having recently played both of these games I would probably pass on both. Kid Icarus will most likely hurt your hand, especially since you have carpal tunnel in the left, and the left hand does most of the heavy lifting in this game. You can set up the controls in a few different schemes, but I wasn't happy with any of them. The default is the only one I use, and I can only stand playing the game for 15-30 min before my hand hurts.
I enjoyed FEA but grew tired of it after 10-12 hours, I couldn't imagine playing it for 50-60 hrs, but I"m not a big fan of RPG's to begin with.
I hope you got a good game. Here's a few that I've really enjoyed playing recently (in order of favoritism):
Super Mario 3D Land
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Cave Story 3d
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Star Fox
Gunman Clive
Xeodrifter

MisterMan

Tobiaku

Does it exist a normal edition of the Finding Nemo game, or is everyone marked as " Special edition"?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

MisterMan

I just picked up Code of Princess on sale for $14.99 on the Eshop and it is great!

MisterMan

spizzamarozzi

MisterMan wrote:

Having recently played both of these games I would probably pass on both. Kid Icarus will most likely hurt your hand, especially since you have carpal tunnel in the left, and the left hand does most of the heavy lifting in this game. You can set up the controls in a few different schemes, but I wasn't happy with any of them. The default is the only one I use, and I can only stand playing the game for 15-30 min before my hand hurts.
I enjoyed FEA but grew tired of it after 10-12 hours, I couldn't imagine playing it for 50-60 hrs, but I"m not a big fan of RPG's to begin with.
I hope you got a good game. Here's a few that I've really enjoyed playing recently (in order of favoritism):
Super Mario 3D Land
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Cave Story 3d
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Star Fox
Gunman Clive
Xeodrifter

Thanks a lot for your thoughts - my biggest problem with the left hand is when it's forced to rest with the thumb on the pad and the index finger on the left trigger at the same time. I try to avoid resting on the left trigger as much as I can, otherwise it really hurts. Eventually, I passed on both KI and FE:A - my local game store was having a sale and for the same price of one new game I got away with a Wii game, 4 DS games and a bag full of GBA carts. I would love to try KI sooner or later though - maybe when I'll finally undergo surgical treatment!

Retro_on_theGo

Not sure where else to ask this. What happens to the old data of a used 3DS when you transfer your stuff to it? I want to trade in my 3DS since it's broken but I don't want to lose all my download games. I was thinking of transferring my stuff over to my brother's 3DS then to my new 3DS, but I don't want him to lose all his stuff.

MsJubilee

Anyone recommend Code of princess?I read some mix reviews about the game,just wanted to know someone's experience with the game.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TheSegaFan

I HIGHLY recommend Shinobi for 3DS. Any Shinobi game, for that matter.

TheSegaFan

3DS Friend Code: 2638-2252-2363 | Nintendo Network ID: SrsBusiness | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

"Target System

Tap "Delete" to confirm deletion of all Nintendo 3DS data on the target system's SD Card. Tap the blue "Delete" button to begin the transfer.
If "Do Not Delete" is selected, the Target system will request to perform the transfer without deleting the Nintendo 3DS data on the SD Card. Tap "Yes" to begin the transfer.
When the transfer is complete, tap "OK" to restart the system."

Found this on Nintendo's site on the subject. Has anyone done this and able to explain the result of this? Are the two system's memories stuck in the SD card now and I can't transfer my stuff only to a new 3DS later? What happens with extra data and streetpass data?

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

FireHotStickies

Shin Megami Tensei IV on temporary sale on EU 3DS eshop for £11.69 (usually £17.99). Is it worth it at this price? I've always been intrigued by the game but not sure it's really my thing. I like most RPGs but just not sure about this one for some reason. I've never tried any of Atlus' other games and I've heard mixed things about this one, even though it seems to be the most accessible for anyone new to the series.

Edited on by FireHotStickies

Spoony_Tech

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

"Target System

Tap "Delete" to confirm deletion of all Nintendo 3DS data on the target system's SD Card. Tap the blue "Delete" button to begin the transfer.
If "Do Not Delete" is selected, the Target system will request to perform the transfer without deleting the Nintendo 3DS data on the SD Card. Tap "Yes" to begin the transfer.
When the transfer is complete, tap "OK" to restart the system."

Found this on Nintendo's site on the subject. Has anyone done this and able to explain the result of this? Are the two system's memories stuck in the SD card now and I can't transfer my stuff only to a new 3DS later? What happens with extra data and streetpass data?

You can not simply just transfer over data without deleting your brothers data. You just need to wait for your new 3ds to arrive before you do a transfer. All the data will transfer over as I've done this one other time when I upgraded a couple of years ago.

Oh and if it allows you to transfer over data without deleting it will be he's permanently. You won't be able to get it back.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

rbnoble06 wrote:

Shin Megami Tensei IV on temporary sale on EU 3DS eshop for £11.69 (usually £17.99). Is it worth it at this price? I've always been intrigued by the game but not sure it's really my thing. I like most RPGs but just not sure about this one for some reason. I've never tried any of Atlus' other games and I've heard mixed things about this one, even though it seems to be the most accessible for anyone new to the series.

It was my GotY last year. Its worth twice that. It can be a bit hard in the early going but once you get past a certain point near the beginning it just all starts to make sense and it becomes easier. That price is great and it's an excellent add to your 3ds library.

@midnafanboy I haven't played much but what I have played isn't bad if you can get past the frame rate. It dips a lot with tons of on screen action. Get it cheap just in case the frame rate bothers you that much.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

I'll second that SMT IV recommendation. Best RPG on the system, in my opinion. It's complex, full of content, and gorgeous for a handheld RPG.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

SuperWiiU

Hi guys, I'm getting a New 3DS later this year and I want to catch up on some older (3)DS games as the GBA was my last Nintendo handheld.

I'd like some recommendations on a unique(ish) DS or 3DS game that isn't part of a series(it doesn't have sequels or predecessors, though a spin-off is fine). It can be any genre, but it has to be singleplayer focused and have a retail release in Europe.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic