3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,761 to 1,780 of 1,871

AuthorMessage

Artwark

1,761. Posted:

@MetalDragon1 I'd recommend Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Link Between worlds. If you're into Zelda and Mario, they are a must.

Dudes I'm having a hard time deciding whether Kid Icarus is really worth for me to try out. Is it something that insanely difficult that might cause me to break my 3DS or something? How is the franchise in general?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,762. Posted:

1. You can change the difficulty and go anywhere from super easy to super difficult.
2. It plays nothing like the previous games. It's closer to a more cinematic and sometimes " just dodge stuff" version of Star Fox with a more linear but ultimately better version of the on foot missions from Star Fox Assault. Probably because the game started out as a Star Fox game.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Storytime7

1,763. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

@MetalDragon1 I'd recommend Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Link Between worlds. If you're into Zelda and Mario, they are a must.

Dudes I'm having a hard time deciding whether Kid Icarus is really worth for me to try out. Is it something that insanely difficult that might cause me to break my 3DS or something? How is the franchise in general?

You're talking about Kid Icarus: Uprising (not the NES or GB entries), yes? Kid Icarus: Uprising, from a gameplay standpoint, is completely different from its predecessors. Levels are typically broken up into two segments: air battles and land battles. Air battles play similar to Star Fox, while land battles play more like a third-person shooter (but unlike say, Uncharted, this game doesn't use a cover system). It's also a game that is as difficult as you want it to be. You see, defeating enemies gives you hearts (currency in this game), but you can bet hearts to play on higher difficulties (with 9.0 being the highest). If you're having trouble beating a level on a specific difficulty, you can just lower it to something more manageable (however, the game automatically lowers the difficulty level if you die). It's a fantastic game, with the only big drawback being that some people found the controls too uncomfortable to get used to (I'm left handed and was able to enjoy the game, so I'd say people exaggerated about the controls).

Storytime7

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,764. Posted:

Storytime7 wrote:

this game doesn't use a cover system

I probably would've liked the game for this alone.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

gundamz

1,765. Posted:

Link between Worlds or Ocarina of Time.

I'm a casual player, but I have finished: Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening and part of Legend of Zelda (NES).

gundamz

AuthorMessage

Storytime7

1,766. Posted:

gundamz wrote:

Link between Worlds or Ocarina of Time.

I'm a casual player, but I have finished: Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening and part of Legend of Zelda (NES).

Have you ever played Ocarina of Time before? It's considered a classic by many and, even though not everyone likes it, is still a game everyone should at least try. The 3DS version is the best way to play it nowadays. However...all the Zelda games you mentioned are 2D, so if you liked those then you might like ALBW more. ALBW is probably the safer choice, but OoT is pretty much a must play. I think they're both great choices, so you can't really go wrong with either.

Storytime7

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,767. Posted:

actually I would probably play OOT before you play another 3D Zelda, because OOT is best when you have no prior experience of 3D Zeldas imo

AuthorMessage

Storytime7

1,768. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

actually I would probably play OOT before you play another 3D Zelda, because OOT is best when you have no prior experience of 3D Zeldas imo

That, and it's also the easiest 3D Zelda to get into.

Storytime7

AuthorMessage

DARKONE365

1,769. Posted:

Which side scroller should i buy?, yoshi's new island, kirby triple deluxe, or nsmb2?
I'm kinda leaning towards nsmb2, i feel kinda bad having a 3ds since launch and not having this, plus it sells pretty cheap for a first party nintendo game on amazon nowadays.

But iv'e heard around the web that its not very good, or at least not as good as nsmb1, is that true?

Edited on by DARKONE365

DARKONE365

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,770. Posted:

@DARKONE365 I'd say Triple Deluxe. It's been a lot of fun and has the two mini games as a bonus. I prefer it over NSMB2 for sure, though I haven't played Yoshi's New Island.

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,771. Posted:

Triple Deluxe is the only one of those 3 games that deserves to exist. So there's that.

AuthorMessage

GrumpyGoomba

1,772. Posted:

Luigi's mansion, Pokemon x or y, nsmb 2. Which one should I get they all look good and I will probably get all over time but which first?

Edited on by GrumpyGoomba

GrumpyGoomba

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,773. Posted:

Luigi's Mansion easily. Especially since there's still a chance we'll get Pokemon Z someday.

AuthorMessage

GrumpyGoomba

1,774. Posted:

Alright thanks I have been debating on that. All had good reviews too which made it hard to choose. I have never played the original Luigi's mansion is there anything I will need to know

Edited on by GrumpyGoomba

GrumpyGoomba

AuthorMessage

Reverandjames

1,775. Posted:

@Storytime7 What control scheme did you opt for being left handed? I have never been able to get into the game because I can't find a control scheme that works for me. Also, did you use the stand that came with it?

Favourite games of all time: Sonic 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy 7, THe Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Halo 3, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, The Last Of Us.

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4036-0835 | Nintendo Network ID: Reverandjames | Twitter: James_wright85

AuthorMessage

Storytime7

1,776. Posted:

Reverandjames wrote:

@Storytime7 What control scheme did you opt for being left handed? I have never been able to get into the game because I can't find a control scheme that works for me. Also, did you use the stand that came with it?

I got used to the default control scheme because the others didn't seem that helpful. I didn't use the stand on my first playthrough, but I use it whenever I go back to the game and try to beat chapters on higher intensity settings (I don't mind setting it on the stand to play because the game isn't really something that works too well as a handheld game to begin with). I have a regular 3DS, so I don't know if playing on a 3DS XL is worse for this game.

Storytime7

AuthorMessage

Dweeb

1,777. Posted:

I'm kinda torn between what I want...Tales of the Abyss, Shin Megami Tensei IV, or Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. I've played Super Mario RPG, the Paper Mario series, Mario & Luigi, as well as the Fire Emblem series. I've also recently played Persona 4 and I really, really enjoyed it, and am deep into Xenoblade Chronicles as well.

I'm looking for a deeper experience...an engaging story, good character development, and the like. I'm just interested in a game with a solid, mature narrative that makes me think coupled with fun gameplay. I want to expand my horizons, beyond the Mario RPGs, beyond Fire Emblem...something along the lines of Persona 4 or deeper. Something worth my time, like Persona 4 - relatable characters, substantial story with applicable themes, and solid gameplay. I'm not a hardcore RPG fan, but I truly would like to get into the genre a bit more. Any recommendations? I'm looking to purchase one of the three titles I mentioned above.

Edited on by Dweeb

Is there to was though when even at like of than with it?

Games I'm playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,778. Posted:

Scanning wrote:

I'm kinda torn between what I want...Tales of the Abyss, Shin Megami Tensei IV, or Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. I've played Super Mario RPG, the Paper Mario series, Mario & Luigi, as well as the Fire Emblem series. I've also recently played Persona 4 and I really, really enjoyed it, and am deep into Xenoblade Chronicles as well.

I'm looking for a deeper experience...an engaging story, good character development, and the like. I'm just interested in a game with a solid, mature narrative that makes me think coupled with fun gameplay. I want to expand my horizons, beyond the Mario RPGs, beyond Fire Emblem...something along the lines of Persona 4 or deeper. Something worth my time, like Persona 4 - relatable characters, substantial story with applicable themes, and solid gameplay. I'm not a hardcore RPG fan, but I truly would like to get into the genre a bit more. Any recommendations? I'm looking to purchase one of the three titles I mentioned above.

I have all three of those and while I've barely plat Tales I can say the other 2 have deep stories and fun gameplay. If I had to choose only one though it would be Overclocked. I love the story and character development. Good to great voice acting with an annoyance or 2 but overall in my top 5 games on the 3ds. I'm almost through it for the first time after playing it over 90 hours on my first play through where I also almost Beat it. I decided to start it all over again after not playing it for over 3 years because I enjoyed the story so much.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Dweeb

1,779. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I have all three of those and while I've barely plat Tales I can say the other 2 have deep stories and fun gameplay. If I had to choose only one though it would be Overclocked. I love the story and character development. Good to great voice acting with an annoyance or 2 but overall in my top 5 games on the 3ds. I'm almost through it for the first time after playing it over 90 hours on my first play through where I also almost Beat it. I decided to start it all over again after not playing it for over 3 years because I enjoyed the story so much.

I was leaning towards that one and SMT4, but SMT4 is pretty expensive...looks like I'll probably be getting Overclocked. I looked at Tales of the Abyss' booklet and it looked a bit similar to Xenoblade. For me at this point, anything with good character development and more hours of gameplay than every dollar used to purchase is usually enough for me. I'll probably wait to get SMT4 later once I save up more. Plus I'm falling in love with Atlus games haha. Thanks!

Is there to was though when even at like of than with it?

Games I'm playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

AuthorMessage

Andyv01

1,780. Posted:

Apologies, it's in the wrong thread but seems to be an active one...

I'm after a comprehensive Local and online 3DS multiplayer game list including single cart download play. Cant seen to find a decent list on the internet and thought it may be a good idea to have one stickied on NL forums.

Does anyone know of such a list already existing here? If not i'll set one up.

Cheers

Edited on by Andyv01

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

樹懶です!