Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 2,522

justlink

Its to late. I bought the game and tried to set my mii with my crush, and she went off with another guy

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks
Favorite Series: Zelda, SSB, Earthbound
Favorite childhood game: Sitting Ducks

Socar

I don't know if its obscure to recommend this game to most of us, But I'd really recommend Star Fox 64 3D. Sure its pricey and not much, but its gameplay and replay value just nails it!

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

MetalDragon1

Hey, I'm wondering what I should get. Can anyone help me choose a game?
Games I wanna get: New super Mario bros. 2, Zelda: Link between worlds, luigis Mansion dark moon, sonic the lost world, lego batman 2, pro evolution soccer 3D 2013, pacman and the ghostly adventures, the lego movie videogame, lego marvel universe in peril, yoshis island, sonic colors DS, poptropica adventures DS, kingdom hearts re:coded DS.
Please only answer if you played all of these or most of these.

Edited on by MetalDragon1

I play AC:NL, Mario Kart 7, and sometimes Pokemon. :)

Storytime7

MetalDragon1 wrote:

Games I wanna get: New super Mario bros. 2, Zelda: Link between worlds, luigis Mansion, pacman and the ghostly adventures, he lego movie videogame, lego marvel universe in peril, yoshis island, sonic colors DS, poptropica adventures DS, kingdom hearts re:coded DS.

A Link Between Worlds and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon are both great. I'd recommend A Link Between Worlds, but you really can't go wrong with either.

Smash 4 mains: Diddy Kong, Peach, Sheik
Splatoon rank: S
My Captain Toad Mario Maker Level

Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

MetalDragon1

Storytime7 wrote:

MetalDragon1 wrote:

Games I wanna get: New super Mario bros. 2, Zelda: Link between worlds, luigis Mansion, pacman and the ghostly adventures, he lego movie videogame, lego marvel universe in peril, yoshis island, sonic colors DS, poptropica adventures DS, kingdom hearts re:coded DS.

A Link Between Worlds and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon are both great. I'd recommend A Link Between Worlds, but you really can't go wrong with

Thanks for answering, I think if prefer Zelda over luigis mansion. But I'm just looking for recommendations .

I play AC:NL, Mario Kart 7, and sometimes Pokemon. :)

Socar

@MetalDragon1 I'd recommend Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Link Between worlds. If you're into Zelda and Mario, they are a must.

Dudes I'm having a hard time deciding whether Kid Icarus is really worth for me to try out. Is it something that insanely difficult that might cause me to break my 3DS or something? How is the franchise in general?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

1. You can change the difficulty and go anywhere from super easy to super difficult.
2. It plays nothing like the previous games. It's closer to a more cinematic and sometimes " just dodge stuff" version of Star Fox with a more linear but ultimately better version of the on foot missions from Star Fox Assault. Probably because the game started out as a Star Fox game.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Storytime7

Artwark wrote:

@MetalDragon1 I'd recommend Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Link Between worlds. If you're into Zelda and Mario, they are a must.

Dudes I'm having a hard time deciding whether Kid Icarus is really worth for me to try out. Is it something that insanely difficult that might cause me to break my 3DS or something? How is the franchise in general?

You're talking about Kid Icarus: Uprising (not the NES or GB entries), yes? Kid Icarus: Uprising, from a gameplay standpoint, is completely different from its predecessors. Levels are typically broken up into two segments: air battles and land battles. Air battles play similar to Star Fox, while land battles play more like a third-person shooter (but unlike say, Uncharted, this game doesn't use a cover system). It's also a game that is as difficult as you want it to be. You see, defeating enemies gives you hearts (currency in this game), but you can bet hearts to play on higher difficulties (with 9.0 being the highest). If you're having trouble beating a level on a specific difficulty, you can just lower it to something more manageable (however, the game automatically lowers the difficulty level if you die). It's a fantastic game, with the only big drawback being that some people found the controls too uncomfortable to get used to (I'm left handed and was able to enjoy the game, so I'd say people exaggerated about the controls).

kkslider5552000

Storytime7 wrote:

this game doesn't use a cover system

I probably would've liked the game for this alone.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!

gundamz

Link between Worlds or Ocarina of Time.

I'm a casual player, but I have finished: Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening and part of Legend of Zelda (NES).

gundamz

Storytime7

gundamz wrote:

Link between Worlds or Ocarina of Time.

I'm a casual player, but I have finished: Link to the Past, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening and part of Legend of Zelda (NES).

Have you ever played Ocarina of Time before? It's considered a classic by many and, even though not everyone likes it, is still a game everyone should at least try. The 3DS version is the best way to play it nowadays. However...all the Zelda games you mentioned are 2D, so if you liked those then you might like ALBW more. ALBW is probably the safer choice, but OoT is pretty much a must play. I think they're both great choices, so you can't really go wrong with either.

kkslider5552000

actually I would probably play OOT before you play another 3D Zelda, because OOT is best when you have no prior experience of 3D Zeldas imo

Storytime7

kkslider5552000 wrote:

actually I would probably play OOT before you play another 3D Zelda, because OOT is best when you have no prior experience of 3D Zeldas imo

That, and it's also the easiest 3D Zelda to get into.

DARKONE365

Which side scroller should i buy?, yoshi's new island, kirby triple deluxe, or nsmb2?
I'm kinda leaning towards nsmb2, i feel kinda bad having a 3ds since launch and not having this, plus it sells pretty cheap for a first party nintendo game on amazon nowadays.

But iv'e heard around the web that its not very good, or at least not as good as nsmb1, is that true?

Edited on by DARKONE365

DARKONE365

Tops

@DARKONE365 I'd say Triple Deluxe. It's been a lot of fun and has the two mini games as a bonus. I prefer it over NSMB2 for sure, though I haven't played Yoshi's New Island.

Tops

kkslider5552000

Triple Deluxe is the only one of those 3 games that deserves to exist. So there's that.

GrumpyGoomba

Luigi's mansion, Pokemon x or y, nsmb 2. Which one should I get they all look good and I will probably get all over time but which first?

Edited on by GrumpyGoomba

GrumpyGoomba

kkslider5552000

Luigi's Mansion easily. Especially since there's still a chance we'll get Pokemon Z someday.

GrumpyGoomba

Alright thanks I have been debating on that. All had good reviews too which made it hard to choose. I have never played the original Luigi's mansion is there anything I will need to know

Edited on by GrumpyGoomba

GrumpyGoomba

Reverandjames

@Storytime7 What control scheme did you opt for being left handed? I have never been able to get into the game because I can't find a control scheme that works for me. Also, did you use the stand that came with it?

Favourite games of all time: Sonic 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy 7, THe Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Halo 3, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, The Last Of Us.

Nintendo Network ID: Reverandjames | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic