Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 2,553

PokeMario

I'm not much of a golf fan, will I enjoy Mario Golf World Tour?

PokeMario

Spoony_Tech

PokeMario wrote:

I'm not much of a golf fan, will I enjoy Mario Golf World Tour?

I think you just might like it. Try the demo first Though to see if you can get the hang of it. I've put at least 75 hours into mine.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Diskach

Chaoslink1 wrote:

Hey everyone, I'm going on vacation for a week and I'm wondering wether I should buy Mario & Luigi Dream Team or Sonic Lost World for 3DS.
Which one should I get? It's hard to choose >.<

Buy Mario & Luigi, because Sonic is one of the worst games I own on the 3DS, and I own a lot of them
Here is only my hard copy collection, also have many games form eShop :
Untitled

PSN ID: DiSkAcH
3DS FC: 4768-7805-4966

Nintendo Network ID: Diskach

SleepyCrossing

Need help choosing between these games for my second game in the Buy-One-Get-One-Free Best Buy promotion!

Mario Golf: World Tour - not a golf fan, but this looks fun. Though I won't get the DLC or season pass
Tomadachi Life - I'm more of an Animal Crossing fan and I don't use Miis often. Is it easy to get into?
Yoshi's New Island - heard it was quite easy and short, but charming nonetheless. Is it worth it?
Mario Party: Island Tour - I would only be using single player

Edited on by SleepyCrossing

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Smash

Spoony_Tech

@SleepyCrossing I've gotten a lot of legs out of Mario Golf. Even without the dlc there is a lot of content there and the tournaments are great fun. The good thing is you get equipment often just for entering them and don't have to place to get them. I've have to have well over 50 hours on my game and still have a ton more I can do. If you haven't yet do the demo of that and Tomadashi Life and see which you like better. To me Mario Party isn't even in consideration.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Tops

Posted this in the DS Recommendations Thread but thought more would see it here:

If I've played Rune Factory 4 and then decide to get the earlier ones will they feel archaic and dated in comparison? Sort of like starting with a new Pokémon and then trying to play the originals (even if the difference isn't as large)?

Tops

rockodoodle

i don't care for golf either but mario golf is awesome. as mentioned, tons of content even w out dlc.

rockodoodle

Bronze

Monster Hunter 3 is great, I'm waiting for the fourth now (which wont be out until 2015 -_-)
Is there another game I could get? One where I would have to spend a lot of time on and one that will take a while to beat? I just want something that makes waiting less painful.

Megatron: Any last words Optimus?

Optimus: None you wanna hear megatron!

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

jump

Bronze wrote:

Monster Hunter 3 is great, I'm waiting for the fourth now (which wont be out until 2015 -_-)
Is there another game I could get? One where I would have to spend a lot of time on and one that will take a while to beat? I just want something that makes waiting less painful.

Animal Crossing & Tomodachi Life are time consumers and Fire Emblem Awakening takes a while to beat.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

WaveBoy

Mega Man V

Untitled

Don't even bother playing the other 4 GB games. They're essentially regurgitated offerings that either RUIN or improve the games they're based on while offering different variations in terms of stage design and a few other bogus bells & whacky Whistles. Still, playing Mega Man in black & White is a bit of a proto-downer..No matter how you stack it, it just makes these games feel lifeless....Yeesh, looking back many of the stages for this jug head have become one big black & white blistering blur.

nothing really stood out.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: TMNT II: The Arcade game
80's Fanatic & King of NES Tekkidome!

Repulsr

Hey, I need help deciding between these games:

SteamWorld Dig
Crimson Shroud
Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
Liberation Maiden

Thanks!

3DS FC: 1306-5866-3249

Spoony_Tech

Repulsr wrote:

Hey, I need help deciding between these games:

SteamWorld Dig
Crimson Shroud
Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
Liberation Maiden

Thanks!

Not much to go on but all those are worthy games but SteamWorld Dig is the best on that list. Crimson Shroud will be the longest on that list if you're looking for a table top rpg.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

WaveBoy

Mario Kart 7. Durp. no brainer. Who wouldn't recommend this?

But i'll admit, even 150cc is just a little on the ScoobyDooby slow side for my liking. If there were an unlockable 200cc mode I'd be in heaven.
If only it were faster!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Spoony_Tech

WaveBoy wrote:

But i'll admit, even 150cc is just a little on the ScoobyDooby slow side for my liking. If there were an unlockable 200cc mode I'd be in heaven.
If only it were faster!

You will have to settle for heaven on earth I'm afraid!

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

WaveBoy

Spoony_Tech wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

If only it were faster!

You will have to settle for heaven on earth I'm afraid!

I can't...I just....No.

http://www.grolschfilmworks.com/media/uploads/images/FastTime...

Tasuki

Ok not so much of a recommendation but just a question. I have to choose my CN Gold prize by the fifth of August I think it is. Really the only game that kind of interests me is Warioland II, however I did not like the first one. Now I have heard that the second one plays different then the first one so my question is for someone who didn't care for the first Warioland would it be worth it to give the second one a shot since it plays a bit differently?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

hellokitty_luv

Hey! So I am looking for a new game to start until the new Pokémon is released. Any suggestions? ✌

Nintendo Friend code **ADD ME**
3626-0276-6723 ✌

Spoony_Tech

hellokitty_luv wrote:

Hey! So I am looking for a new game to start until the new Pokémon is released. Any suggestions? ✌

We need more to go on then that. What are your favorite type of game plus what do you have?

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic