3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,726

AuthorMessage

The_Ninja

1,681. Posted:

What game should I get? Still have money left for one game (excluding SSB3D since I'm preordering that)
I'm thinking between:
Tomodachi Life
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion
Triple Deluxe
What you need to know is, I dislike Animal Crossing but I like the sims. Is it more similar to AC or Sims?

NintendoMonkey
Shigeru Miyamoto once said:Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.
MAINS
Super Smash Bros Melee: Young Link
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Toon Link SECONDARIES:Game & Watch, Ness
Super Smash Bros. 3DS: Greninja SECONDARIES: Kirby, Toon Link

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,682. Posted:

@NintendoMonkey I personally consider both A Link Between Worlds and Triple Deluxe must-haves (more so Zelda but if you like Kirby/platformers, TD is amazing!)

Opinions on the others: 3D Land is very good but I prefer my 3D Mario games without time limits so I can explore each level. Having said that, the levels are not really designed for a lot of exploration but the classic style of making your way to the flag pole at the end. I also got burned out of it after a while although I did play it A LOT. (You don't have to take these as complaints, just thoughts on the game)

Admittedly, I haven't played Luigi's Mansion though I think it looks good; Tomodachi I don't have much interest in, mostly because you don't "play as" a character but "watch over" them and intervene.

Hope that helps at least a bit. :)

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

1,683. Posted:

I heard that Kuma Tomo - 3DS is suppose to be coming out this Oct/2014. Does anyone know if this is actually true? Also has anyone played the japanese version of Kuma Tomo - 3DS & can share there thought's on the game? I've been searching online for info of Oct/2014 release date but have not found anything to back it up online via english box art for Kuma Tomo... :'( Nothing... if anyone can help. Thank You in Advance! ;)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

1,684. Posted:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

What game should I get? Still have money left for one game (excluding SSB3D since I'm preordering that)
I'm thinking between:
Tomodachi Life
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion
Triple Deluxe
What you need to know is, I dislike Animal Crossing but I like the sims. Is it more similar to AC or Sims?

@NintendoMonkey

All of those are good I'd say either Tomodachi Life or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - 3DS personally but that's up to you. :)

Oh I'm just the opposite I tried the sims on 3ds (Sims 3- 3DS) traded it in in disgust of content of the game. I do have ACNL - 3DS & love it though. ACNL is addicting the sims I can not say the for sorry... Tomodachi Life is funny I know it's made me laugh quite a few times so far especially when you see your mii character taking a bathe & singing in the bathtub lol. :D Tomodachi Life defently worth buying. ;)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,685. Posted:

@NintendoMonkey
I personally think there's a lot of better 3DS games out there than those five, but I don't know what you already have and what sort of thing you're interested in so I'll just say what I think about those...
Tomodachi Life - Haven't played so can't really say anything... Looks interesting but not enough so to justify a purchase for me
A Link Between Worlds - I'm a pretty big Zelda fan, but I've only spent a couple of hours on ALBW so far and really don't like it personally
Super Mario 3D Land - A little bit on the easy side, but a pretty fun platformer
Luigi's Mansion 2 - I'm still early in the game despite having it since launch, but I've quite enjoyed it so far (but not as much as the original) and plan to get back to it
Kirby Triple Deluxe - Same sort of situation as Tomodachi Life, doesn't seem worth the money for me... Only played Kirby Fighters which was a bit of fun, but probably wouldn't get much playtime out of that mode at least

I guess out of those I'd recommend 3D Land, followed by Luigi's Mansion.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,686. Posted:

I need a new 3ds game for a 8 hour car trip sunday, but I have no clue what to get. I already have all the 3ds games I want and have beaten all of them. Really. I love JRPGs and action games, but this is a youth group missions trip, so no Senran Kagura, SMT, or Persona type games. And nothing my mom would kill me for buying. I have:
Link Between worlds, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D land and Bros 2, Luigi's mansion 2, FE: Awakening, Bravely Default, M & L: Dream Team, Sticker star (ugh), Link Between Worlds, and some more I'm probably forgetting. DS games are also an option. The games must be readily available to get before Sunday.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Angry Bowser (Paper Mario), Serpent Eating the Ground (as hard as it sounds)
In progress: , -also hard, and Below the Duchy's Flag (Bravely Default)

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,687. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

I need a new 3ds game for a 8 hour car trip sunday, but I have no clue what to get. I already have all the 3ds games I want and have beaten all of them. Really. I love JRPGs and action games, but this is a youth group missions trip, so no Senran Kagura, SMT, or Persona type games. And nothing my mom would kill me for buying. I have:
Link Between worlds, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D land and Bros 2, Luigi's mansion 2, FE: Awakening, Bravely Default, M & L: Dream Team, Sticker star (ugh), Link Between Worlds, and some more I'm probably forgetting. DS games are also an option. The games must be readily available to get before Sunday.

How much do you like Fire Emblem? The reason I ask is Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is only 7.50 right now on the shop. You might even 've able to find it at a Gamestop for that price. Highly recommend it as it's the same style game and won't set you back a ton of money. Also if you like 2d Metroid the Steamworld Dig is a must. It's not nearly as long but it will at the very least last you one way as I doubt with a car full of peers you will play 8 hours straight.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

The_Ninja

1,688. Posted:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

I'm thinking between:
Tomodachi Life
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion
Triple Deluxe

@NintendoMonkey

All of those are good I'd say either Tomodachi Life or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - 3DS personally but that's up to you. :)

Oh I'm just the opposite I tried the sims on 3ds (Sims 3- 3DS) traded it in in disgust of content of the game. I do have ACNL - 3DS & love it though. ACNL is addicting the sims I can not say the for sorry... Tomodachi Life is funny I know it's made me laugh quite a few times so far especially when you see your mii character taking a bathe & singing in the bathtub lol. :D Tomodachi Life defently worth buying. ;)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Thanks. I also dislike Sims 3, I liked the Sims 2 ones WAY more. I think it's tomodachi life then.

NintendoMonkey
Shigeru Miyamoto once said:Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.
MAINS
Super Smash Bros Melee: Young Link
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Toon Link SECONDARIES:Game & Watch, Ness
Super Smash Bros. 3DS: Greninja SECONDARIES: Kirby, Toon Link

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,689. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

How much do you like Fire Emblem? The reason I ask is Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is only 7.50 right now on the shop. You might even 've able to find it at a Gamestop for that price. Highly recommend it as it's the same style game and won't set you back a ton of money. Also if you like 2d Metroid the Steamworld Dig is a must. It's not nearly as long but it will at the very least last you one way as I doubt with a car full of peers you will play 8 hours straight.

I've got Steamworld dig. Great game. The Ghost Recon game looks pretty good! Any other ideas?

Most Recently Arranged: Angry Bowser (Paper Mario), Serpent Eating the Ground (as hard as it sounds)

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,690. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I've got Steamworld dig. Great game. The Ghost Recon game looks pretty good! Any other ideas?

I have plenty more as I have over 35 retail games lol!

If you can find a copy of Radiant Historia get it if you don't have it already. Ace Combat Assault Horizon if you're into flight Sims. Actually more arcade style. Both of the Etrian Odyssey games available for the 3ds are really good imo and they're no where near the level of SMT violence. Both have a demo if you already haven't given them a shot. Mario Golf has been a great time killer for me. Bravely Default is also an excellent game. Monster Hunter could be the answer to all your gaming needs all summer long if you can get into it. I have over 200 hours 100 on 3ds.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,691. Posted:

I tried the demo for etrian odyssey IV, and I'm definitely getting that.

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,692. Posted:

But now I tried the demo from the second and am unsure. Which is better? I'm torn between the prospect of creating my own party and an actual story.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,693. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

But now I tried the demo from the second and am unsure. Which is better? I'm torn between the prospect of creating my own party and an actual story.

I played the original on the ds and it was alright. The new version is 10X better and with a story at that. EOIV however has an overworld and that to me makes it a bit better then Untold. I like the story but EOIV also has an interesting story later on in the game. EOIV was my second favorite 3ds game last year. SMT IV was my favorite. Haven played them all from one to the remake I would say IV is still the best with the remake close behind.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,694. Posted:

Maelstrom wrote:

Keep in mind the story mode is one option. You can also have the classic mode with more party customization and less story. However, know that you can't switch between the two in the middle of a play through and I believe there is only one save file.

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

Reverandjames

1,695. Posted:

Tough one guys: Bravely Default or Fire Emblem? I'm a big fan of RPG's and I want something to really get my teeth into since spending 100 hours on Persona 4 Golden. Just finished LBW recently, and can't really be bothered finishing Kid Icarus or Luigi's Mansion. On my second playthrough of Pokemon X, but want something new. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thaks in advance!

My favourite game of all time is Final Fantasy 7, closely followed by Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Sonic 2, Street Fighter 2, and The Last of Us. PSN: Reverandjames

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4036-0835 | Nintendo Network ID: Reverandjames | Twitter: James_wright85

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,696. Posted:

Reverandjames wrote:

Tough one guys: Bravely Default or Fire Emblem? I'm a big fan of RPG's and I want something to really get my teeth into since spending 100 hours on Persona 4 Golden. Just finished LBW recently, and can't really be bothered finishing Kid Icarus or Luigi's Mansion. On my second playthrough of Pokemon X, but want something new. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thaks in advance!

Both those game are great choices. I'll add what I always add Etrian Odyssey IV. It was my personal 2nd best game of last year with SMT IV being my favorite and I played all the 3ds heavy hitters last year. Read some of my comments above as rpgs are my favorite genre.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Reverandjames

1,697. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Reverandjames wrote:

Both those game are great choices. I'll add what I always add Etrian Odyssey IV. It was my personal 2nd best game of last year with SMT IV being my favorite and I played all the 3ds heavy hitters last year. Read some of my comments above as rpgs are my favorite genre.

Sweet, I might check out the demo then, thanks man!

My favourite game of all time is Final Fantasy 7, closely followed by Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Sonic 2, Street Fighter 2, and The Last of Us. PSN: Reverandjames

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4036-0835 | Nintendo Network ID: Reverandjames | Twitter: James_wright85

AuthorMessage

Lafosse64

1,698. Posted:

Im all in for tomodachi life definately!

Gamer since 1990

3DS Friend Code: 2767-0193-6295 | Nintendo Network ID: Lafosse64 | Twitter: CuentosDeLaFoxy

AuthorMessage

Guovssohas

1,699. Posted:

Lego City is a good game(especially) if u're a completionist and likes to explore and find stuff, i liked it. Should last pretty long if u're going 100%, probably at least 25hours(if u don't use the scanner much). For me it took 34hours.

It does have some flaws, choppy framerate in some places and the draw distance could be better.

If u played the WiiU version then don't get it.

Edited on by Guovssohas

Guovssohas

AuthorMessage

Linkus

1,700. Posted:

Is kid icarus uprising worth buying? I'm a little worried about the voice acting... Otherwise it seems pretty good.

Linkus