3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,661 to 1,680 of 1,803

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,661. Posted:

So, is Pix 3D worth it at $1.99?

I have a little over $2.00 leftover in my eShop account after the Level-5 sale from a few months back, and am looking to spend it (I don't plan on adding more funds any time soon, either).

BTW, I asked this in the eShop Recommendations Thread as well, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask here as well.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,662. Posted:

netroz wrote:

Hi everyone! I bought my first Nintendo console in life, a black 3DS. I can't take my hands from it! I got Pokemon Y, Spirit Camera, SMT IV and SMT Soulhacker to have a decent amount of gameplay hours to enjoy.

Now I'd like to taste also a good action RPG game because turn based is fun but I dont want to get tired too soon from it.

I always have been a Castlevania fan, SoTN was the best for me. So I'd like you to suggest me something like that. I also enjoy any dungeon crawlers. I recently got Anonymous Notes 1 for a decent amount besides the bad reviews but it look as something that may ease my hunger...

Also, just as a curiosity, I saw RE:Revelations for 20usd... is that a worthy pick at that price?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion you got for me, and sorry for the long post!!

Yes Resident Evil Revelations is worth it but you should be able to find it much cheaper.

As for dungeon crawlers you can't go wrong with Etrian Odyssey IV and Etrian Odyssey Millennium Girl. Both have demos in the shop you can dl and are the first part of the game. If you buy the main version you data transfers over to the main game. You should be familiar at least with the maker of these 2 games as you already have two from them.

Lastly there really isn't much like Symphony of the Night but there is one gem on the eshop called Steam World Dig that has its similarities.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

1,663. Posted:

If you like jrpgs then do yourself a favor and pick up SMT IV. I'm about 20 hours into it and its pretty good. Atlus' 3DS support has been pretty good thus far :)

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

maths

1,664. Posted:

Synkronize wrote:

Unsure weather to buy 3dland or A link between worlds.

ALBW, hands down.

maths

AuthorMessage

Sinister

1,665. Posted:

Since Batman Blackgate will be on sale soon i was wondering if the game is worth to pick up?
Is it a good Metroidvania game or not? Can anyone recommend the game?

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

1,666. Posted:

lmao i picked up dead or alive dimensions today for 1,11€ !!!!

i can absoloutly recommened that game for that price :D

PS: i also got a 16gb micro SD card class 6 from samsung for 5€ :D

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

KingMike

1,667. Posted:

Had to go get a gift but I noticed the clearance rack at Target with a free stylus with each game.
So I got Tetris Axis with a Peach stylus and Shinobi with a Luigi stylus for $10 each.
(going to have to leave behind Mario and I think Yoshi)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,668. Posted:

Okay, with SSB3DS not coming out until October, that frees me up about $30 to spend on a game for the summer. Based on Gamestop pricing (which is where I WILL be going), I've compiled a list of games which are in my price range (Used is okay in my book):

• Kirby: Triple Deluxe (this might be pushing it)
  • DKCR3D
  • SF643D
  • NSMB2
  • SSFIV3D (this would be a rebuy)
  • RE:R
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (this would be a rebuy)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate
  • Shinobi
  • Project X Zone
  • Code of Princess
  • Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate

So which of these should I spring for? (if I can find it)

To show what I like, here's my current library:

• Dead or Alive: Dimensions
  • Zelda: OoT3D
  • SM3DL
  • MK7
  • Ace Combat: AHL
  • MGS3D
  • KI:U
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Kingdom Hearts: DDD
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening

(NOTE: I DO NOT intend to trade anything in)

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,669. Posted:

@RR529 If you haven't play DKCR yet I say go for that as it's the best on your list. Otherwise the only other one I see would be Project X-zone. Castlevaina isn't bad but only if the price is right 15$ or less.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,670. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@RR529 If you haven't play DKCR yet I say go for that as it's the best on your list. Otherwise the only other one I see would be Project X-zone. Castlevaina isn't bad but only if the price is right 15$ or less.

Yeah, I had DKCR on Wii, but I never beat it (got to World 5 before my Wii stopped reading dual layer discs), so I might go that route.

Actually, I'll play the PXZ demo, and if I like it, I'll try to find it. If not, I'll go for DK.

Any further recommendations/arguments would still be worth a read though, @Anyone.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,671. Posted:

@RR529 While you're there do the Castlevaina demo as well.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

maceng

1,672. Posted:

[quote=RR529]Okay, with SSB3DS not coming out until October, that frees me up about $30 to spend on a game for the summer. Based on Gamestop pricing (which is where I WILL be going), I've compiled a list of games which are in my price range (Used is okay in my book):

• Kirby: Triple Deluxe (this might be pushing it)
  • DKCR3D
  • SF643D
  • NSMB2
  • SSFIV3D (this would be a rebuy)
  • RE:R
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (this would be a rebuy)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate
  • Shinobi
  • Project X Zone
  • Code of Princess
  • Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate

So which of these should I spring for? (if I can find it)

To show what I like, here's my current library:

• Dead or Alive: Dimensions
  • Zelda: OoT3D
  • SM3DL
  • MK7
  • Ace Combat: AHL
  • MGS3D
  • KI:U
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Kingdom Hearts: DDD
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening

I never buy retail. So for 30 bucks I usually buy a couple of games.
I have almost every single game you put on the list (my current library of 3DS games is around 90-95 titles, not including downloads), except for Project X Zone (tried the demo) and MGS3D.
So, for 30 bucks you could buy DKCR3d (new), which is one of my favorite games. Also, Kirby usually retails new between 30 and 35 bucks (25 used at BestBuy).
Spending more than 20 bucks, used, for the other games is crazy. BestBuy is running a buy 2 get another one for free promotion. You can grab DKCR3D and NSMB2 for about 40 bucks and score an additional games (of equal or lesser value, of course). Shinobi is the only game that I regret buying and it cost me around 10 bucks, a couple of months ago. The best of the bunch are Code Of Princes, SSFIV and RE:R, along DKCR3D.

maceng

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,673. Posted:

If anyone hasn't played Donkey Kong Country Returns in some form, they need to.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

1,674. Posted:

Resident evil revalations is on sale for 9.99 ... Good buy?
Thanks

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,675. Posted:

Yeah but it takes up so much room on your memory card. I have a total of 5 games that take over 85,000 blocks up

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Artwark

1,676. Posted:

I saw footage of both and I have to say that I want to get Star Fox because I've never played Star Fox before while Kid Icarus Uprising's trailer wasn't as good as Star Fox.

Ok so I've never played Rail Shooter games before so I want to know which one of these games are good for me to get into the rail shooting genre.

Then in terms of 100% completion (which I am into always) which one is fairly balanced to complete 100% and less annoying? Starfox 64 3D or Kid Icarus Uprising?

Finally in terms of gameplay and game feel, which one does that best? Star Fox 64 3D or Kid Icarus Uprising?

Also note that I have never played Star Fox before so to those who have played the original and then played the remake shouldn't mention how the original is better than the remake due to the slight changes or shouldn't mention that some things are changed that was better off with the original itself.

I posted this earlier but since i've been requested to post it here, I'm just doing that.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

1,677. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

I saw footage of both and I have to say that I want to get Star Fox because I've never played Star Fox before while Kid Icarus Uprising's trailer wasn't as good as Star Fox.

Ok so I've never played Rail Shooter games before so I want to know which one of these games are good for me to get into the rail shooting genre.

Then in terms of 100% completion (which I am into always) which one is fairly balanced to complete 100% and less annoying? Starfox 64 3D or Kid Icarus Uprising?

Finally in terms of gameplay and game feel, which one does that best? Star Fox 64 3D or Kid Icarus Uprising?

Also note that I have never played Star Fox before so to those who have played the original and then played the remake shouldn't mention how the original is better than the remake due to the slight changes or shouldn't mention that some things are changed that was better off with the original itself.

I posted this earlier but since i've been requested to post it here, I'm just doing that.

Seeing as how Kid Icarus is almost twice the price of Star Fox on Amazon, I would go Star Fox unless you can get a copy cheaper than 50 dollars. They both are great games but the polarizing control scheme that Kid Icarus had might throw some people off. The lack of an online mode in Star Fox really cuts into the game unfortunately.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,678. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

No contest, Kid Icarus all the way! Its has 10X the content, good voice acting and witty, better graphics, and is worth 80 $ imo. Star Fox is ok. Tbh I bought it and returned it in less then a week. I played the original and had Ace Combat which was more modern and way more fun. To me Star Fox hasn't aged as well.

I still think and many other do as well that Kid Icarus is the best 3ds game out there but like was said above the the ground mechanics are hit or miss with a lot of people. Where as the air ones are perfect. Also some thought the story was a bit too much as it does jump all over the place after a certain chapter.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Artwark

1,679. Posted:

^That's nice guys but in terms of 100% completion, which one is well balanced for that?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,680. Posted:

If you want to 100% complete Kid Icarus it will probably take you well over 200 hours. Star Fox maybe 20 hours. Not quite sure what you mean by balanced but Kid Icarus will not be easy to do.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech