Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 2,522

Spoony_Tech

@RR529 While you're there do the Castlevaina demo as well.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

maceng

[quote=RR529]Okay, with SSB3DS not coming out until October, that frees me up about $30 to spend on a game for the summer. Based on Gamestop pricing (which is where I WILL be going), I've compiled a list of games which are in my price range (Used is okay in my book):

  • Kirby: Triple Deluxe (this might be pushing it)
  • DKCR3D
  • SF643D
  • NSMB2
  • SSFIV3D (this would be a rebuy)
  • RE:R
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (this would be a rebuy)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate
  • Shinobi
  • Project X Zone
  • Code of Princess
  • Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate

So which of these should I spring for? (if I can find it)

To show what I like, here's my current library:

  • Dead or Alive: Dimensions
  • Zelda: OoT3D
  • SM3DL
  • MK7
  • Ace Combat: AHL
  • MGS3D
  • KI:U
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Kingdom Hearts: DDD
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening

I never buy retail. So for 30 bucks I usually buy a couple of games.
I have almost every single game you put on the list (my current library of 3DS games is around 90-95 titles, not including downloads), except for Project X Zone (tried the demo) and MGS3D.
So, for 30 bucks you could buy DKCR3d (new), which is one of my favorite games. Also, Kirby usually retails new between 30 and 35 bucks (25 used at BestBuy).
Spending more than 20 bucks, used, for the other games is crazy. BestBuy is running a buy 2 get another one for free promotion. You can grab DKCR3D and NSMB2 for about 40 bucks and score an additional games (of equal or lesser value, of course). Shinobi is the only game that I regret buying and it cost me around 10 bucks, a couple of months ago. The best of the bunch are Code Of Princes, SSFIV and RE:R, along DKCR3D.

maceng

Ralizah

If anyone hasn't played Donkey Kong Country Returns in some form, they need to.

Ralizah

Nintendo Network ID: Michael418

arrmixer

Resident evil revalations is on sale for 9.99 ... Good buy?
Thanks

Feel free to add

ARR

Nintendo Network ID: armixer

Spoony_Tech

Yeah but it takes up so much room on your memory card. I have a total of 5 games that take over 85,000 blocks up

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Socar

I saw footage of both and I have to say that I want to get Star Fox because I've never played Star Fox before while Kid Icarus Uprising's trailer wasn't as good as Star Fox.

Ok so I've never played Rail Shooter games before so I want to know which one of these games are good for me to get into the rail shooting genre.

Then in terms of 100% completion (which I am into always) which one is fairly balanced to complete 100% and less annoying? Starfox 64 3D or Kid Icarus Uprising?

Finally in terms of gameplay and game feel, which one does that best? Star Fox 64 3D or Kid Icarus Uprising?

Also note that I have never played Star Fox before so to those who have played the original and then played the remake shouldn't mention how the original is better than the remake due to the slight changes or shouldn't mention that some things are changed that was better off with the original itself.

I posted this earlier but since i've been requested to post it here, I'm just doing that.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

MuchoMochi

Artwark wrote:

I saw footage of both and I have to say that I want to get Star Fox because I've never played Star Fox before while Kid Icarus Uprising's trailer wasn't as good as Star Fox.

Ok so I've never played Rail Shooter games before so I want to know which one of these games are good for me to get into the rail shooting genre.

Then in terms of 100% completion (which I am into always) which one is fairly balanced to complete 100% and less annoying? Starfox 64 3D or Kid Icarus Uprising?

Finally in terms of gameplay and game feel, which one does that best? Star Fox 64 3D or Kid Icarus Uprising?

Also note that I have never played Star Fox before so to those who have played the original and then played the remake shouldn't mention how the original is better than the remake due to the slight changes or shouldn't mention that some things are changed that was better off with the original itself.

I posted this earlier but since i've been requested to post it here, I'm just doing that.

Seeing as how Kid Icarus is almost twice the price of Star Fox on Amazon, I would go Star Fox unless you can get a copy cheaper than 50 dollars. They both are great games but the polarizing control scheme that Kid Icarus had might throw some people off. The lack of an online mode in Star Fox really cuts into the game unfortunately.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

Spoony_Tech

Artwark wrote:

I saw footage of both and I have to say that I want to get Star Fox because I've never played Star Fox before while Kid Icarus Uprising's trailer wasn't as good as Star Fox.

Ok so I've never played Rail Shooter games before so I want to know which one of these games are good for me to get into the rail shooting genre.

Then in terms of 100% completion (which I am into always) which one is fairly balanced to complete 100% and less annoying? Starfox 64 3D or Kid Icarus Uprising?

Finally in terms of gameplay and game feel, which one does that best? Star Fox 64 3D or Kid Icarus Uprising?

Also note that I have never played Star Fox before so to those who have played the original and then played the remake shouldn't mention how the original is better than the remake due to the slight changes or shouldn't mention that some things are changed that was better off with the original itself.

I posted this earlier but since i've been requested to post it here, I'm just doing that.

No contest, Kid Icarus all the way! Its has 10X the content, good voice acting and witty, better graphics, and is worth 80 $ imo. Star Fox is ok. Tbh I bought it and returned it in less then a week. I played the original and had Ace Combat which was more modern and way more fun. To me Star Fox hasn't aged as well.

I still think and many other do as well that Kid Icarus is the best 3ds game out there but like was said above the the ground mechanics are hit or miss with a lot of people. Where as the air ones are perfect. Also some thought the story was a bit too much as it does jump all over the place after a certain chapter.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Socar

^That's nice guys but in terms of 100% completion, which one is well balanced for that?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

If you want to 100% complete Kid Icarus it will probably take you well over 200 hours. Star Fox maybe 20 hours. Not quite sure what you mean by balanced but Kid Icarus will not be easy to do.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

bad_site

What game should I get? Still have money left for one game (excluding SSB3D since I'm preordering that)
I'm thinking between:
Tomodachi Life
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion
Triple Deluxe
What you need to know is, I dislike Animal Crossing but I like the sims. Is it more similar to AC or Sims?

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!

Friend Code:1891-2599-4796 (Gamecubus)
Lets settle it.. in SMASH!

Tops

@NintendoMonkey I personally consider both A Link Between Worlds and Triple Deluxe must-haves (more so Zelda but if you like Kirby/platformers, TD is amazing!)

Opinions on the others: 3D Land is very good but I prefer my 3D Mario games without time limits so I can explore each level. Having said that, the levels are not really designed for a lot of exploration but the classic style of making your way to the flag pole at the end. I also got burned out of it after a while although I did play it A LOT. (You don't have to take these as complaints, just thoughts on the game)

Admittedly, I haven't played Luigi's Mansion though I think it looks good; Tomodachi I don't have much interest in, mostly because you don't "play as" a character but "watch over" them and intervene.

Hope that helps at least a bit.

Tops

BenAV

@NintendoMonkey
I personally think there's a lot of better 3DS games out there than those five, but I don't know what you already have and what sort of thing you're interested in so I'll just say what I think about those...
Tomodachi Life - Haven't played so can't really say anything... Looks interesting but not enough so to justify a purchase for me
A Link Between Worlds - I'm a pretty big Zelda fan, but I've only spent a couple of hours on ALBW so far and really don't like it personally
Super Mario 3D Land - A little bit on the easy side, but a pretty fun platformer
Luigi's Mansion 2 - I'm still early in the game despite having it since launch, but I've quite enjoyed it so far (but not as much as the original) and plan to get back to it
Kirby Triple Deluxe - Same sort of situation as Tomodachi Life, doesn't seem worth the money for me... Only played Kirby Fighters which was a bit of fun, but probably wouldn't get much playtime out of that mode at least

I guess out of those I'd recommend 3D Land, followed by Luigi's Mansion.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Maelstrom

I need a new 3ds game for a 8 hour car trip sunday, but I have no clue what to get. I already have all the 3ds games I want and have beaten all of them. Really. I love JRPGs and action games, but this is a youth group missions trip, so no Senran Kagura, SMT, or Persona type games. And nothing my mom would kill me for buying. I have:
Link Between worlds, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D land and Bros 2, Luigi's mansion 2, FE: Awakening, Bravely Default, M & L: Dream Team, Sticker star (ugh), Link Between Worlds, and some more I'm probably forgetting. DS games are also an option. The games must be readily available to get before Sunday.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Spoony_Tech

Maelstrom wrote:

I need a new 3ds game for a 8 hour car trip sunday, but I have no clue what to get. I already have all the 3ds games I want and have beaten all of them. Really. I love JRPGs and action games, but this is a youth group missions trip, so no Senran Kagura, SMT, or Persona type games. And nothing my mom would kill me for buying. I have:
Link Between worlds, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D land and Bros 2, Luigi's mansion 2, FE: Awakening, Bravely Default, M & L: Dream Team, Sticker star (ugh), Link Between Worlds, and some more I'm probably forgetting. DS games are also an option. The games must be readily available to get before Sunday.

How much do you like Fire Emblem? The reason I ask is Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is only 7.50 right now on the shop. You might even 've able to find it at a Gamestop for that price. Highly recommend it as it's the same style game and won't set you back a ton of money. Also if you like 2d Metroid the Steamworld Dig is a must. It's not nearly as long but it will at the very least last you one way as I doubt with a car full of peers you will play 8 hours straight.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

bad_site

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

NintendoMonkey wrote:

What game should I get? Still have money left for one game (excluding SSB3D since I'm preordering that)
I'm thinking between:
Tomodachi Life
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion
Triple Deluxe
What you need to know is, I dislike Animal Crossing but I like the sims. Is it more similar to AC or Sims?

@NintendoMonkey

All of those are good I'd say either Tomodachi Life or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - 3DS personally but that's up to you.

Oh I'm just the opposite I tried the sims on 3ds (Sims 3- 3DS) traded it in in disgust of content of the game. I do have ACNL - 3DS & love it though. ACNL is addicting the sims I can not say the for sorry... Tomodachi Life is funny I know it's made me laugh quite a few times so far especially when you see your mii character taking a bathe & singing in the bathtub lol. Tomodachi Life defently worth buying.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Thanks. I also dislike Sims 3, I liked the Sims 2 ones WAY more. I think it's tomodachi life then.

Pre-Ordered Super Smash Bros. 3DS!

Friend Code:1891-2599-4796 (Gamecubus)
Lets settle it.. in SMASH!

Maelstrom

Spoony_Tech wrote:

How much do you like Fire Emblem? The reason I ask is Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is only 7.50 right now on the shop. You might even 've able to find it at a Gamestop for that price. Highly recommend it as it's the same style game and won't set you back a ton of money. Also if you like 2d Metroid the Steamworld Dig is a must. It's not nearly as long but it will at the very least last you one way as I doubt with a car full of peers you will play 8 hours straight.

I've got Steamworld dig. Great game. The Ghost Recon game looks pretty good! Any other ideas?

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Spoony_Tech

Maelstrom wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

How much do you like Fire Emblem? The reason I ask is Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is only 7.50 right now on the shop. You might even 've able to find it at a Gamestop for that price. Highly recommend it as it's the same style game and won't set you back a ton of money. Also if you like 2d Metroid the Steamworld Dig is a must. It's not nearly as long but it will at the very least last you one way as I doubt with a car full of peers you will play 8 hours straight.

I've got Steamworld dig. Great game. The Ghost Recon game looks pretty good! Any other ideas?

I have plenty more as I have over 35 retail games lol!

If you can find a copy of Radiant Historia get it if you don't have it already. Ace Combat Assault Horizon if you're into flight Sims. Actually more arcade style. Both of the Etrian Odyssey games available for the 3ds are really good imo and they're no where near the level of SMT violence. Both have a demo if you already haven't given them a shot. Mario Golf has been a great time killer for me. Bravely Default is also an excellent game. Monster Hunter could be the answer to all your gaming needs all summer long if you can get into it. I have over 200 hours 100 on 3ds.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic